at least, thankfully... she won't have to 'rough it'
on a trolley!!
Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#23735 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Tony, Krypteia....
that's quite a carrot that the Tories are dangling
wouldn't you say....that if they should win next election.......
Afternoon El,still wouldn't trust them,I still remember the last time he promised us a vote on Europe before the election he's no different from that shower that infest the Labour Party,the only lot I have any kind of trust is UKIP,but iv'e just about lost the will to live when it comes to politicians.
Dropping the useless human rights act should be done now not after the election and would make people notice now that he can be trusted when he says something..
Maybe when they start living in the real world I might think twice.
Oh and now I have just read we might arm the rebels in Syria another lot of rubbish we are getting involved in,it's not as if they will be grateful afterwards considering they are full of extreme nutters,they should just let them get on with it and concentrate on home affairs...

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23736 Mar 4, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Now where did I put those shorts? I am going to do door hangers today while it is nice out :)
....:) careful you don't get sun burnt!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23737 Mar 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,
I might as well join in and say
[in Gaelic]'Maidin Mhaith'> 'Good Morning'(:
Yes,the link brought back memories..
BTW, Did you know THE BOOMTOWN RATS
who recorded that with Geldof,
have reunited, what they hope to di..
I'm not sure, as there are a few grandPappies
among them incl Bob ..LOL
but 'Good Luck to 'em, I say!
Maidin Mhaith Grace...
No, that's news to me...I knew The Who were reuniting,
hardly recognized them when I saw them on the telly the other
night.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23738 Mar 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Afternoon El,still wouldn't trust them,I still remember the last time he promised us a vote on Europe before the election he's no different from that shower that infest the Labour Party,the only lot I have any kind of trust is UKIP,but iv'e just about lost the will to live when it comes to politicians.
Dropping the useless human rights act should be done now not after the election and would make people notice now that he can be trusted when he says something..
Maybe when they start living in the real world I might think twice.
Oh and now I have just read we might arm the rebels in Syria another lot of rubbish we are getting involved in,it's not as if they will be grateful afterwards considering they are full of extreme nutters,they should just let them get on with it and concentrate on home affairs...
I see where UKIP and the Lib Dems knocked the Tories into a third place, I think these latest promises are desperate measures myself, what do you think? I would never normally say do away with Human Rights, any more than anybody else would, but when people have committed the most awful crimes and get away with it due to their 'human rights' then something is wrong. I agree,it should dropped now, before any election, not used as blackmail because virtually that is what it is.
Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#23739 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where UKIP and the Lib Dems knocked the Tories into a third place, I think these latest promises are desperate measures myself, what do you think? I would never normally say do away with Human Rights, any more than anybody else would, but when people have committed the most awful crimes and get away with it due to their 'human rights' then something is wrong. I agree,it should dropped now, before any election, not used as blackmail because virtually that is what it is.
We never needed the human rights rubbish that that creature Blair brought in,the rights in this country have always been good enough this rubbish has stopped us getting rid of the ungrateful rubbish we have let in around the world causing untold crime and so on.
And they wonder why so many people don't vote anymore,because none of them do what you voted them in for in the first place.
Anyway another great weekend ahead of rugby,as for the football,Bales the man wish he was English.lol

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23740 Mar 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>We never needed the human rights rubbish that that creature Blair brought in,the rights in this country have always been good enough this rubbish has stopped us getting rid of the ungrateful rubbish we have let in around the world causing untold crime and so on.
And they wonder why so many people don't vote anymore,because none of them do what you voted them in for in the first place.
Anyway another great weekend ahead of rugby,as for the football,Bales the man wish he was English.lol
Isn't it nice that the 170,000 that are coming in from Bulgaria and Romania already have jobs waiting for them! That will make for a harmonious welcome!
I watched the match last night, I thought Bale was brilliant, and also he is a good negotiator with the ref...sound player.
Man U meet Madrid tomorrow...
Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#23741 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it nice that the 170,000 that are coming in from Bulgaria and Romania already have jobs waiting for them! That will make for a harmonious welcome!
I watched the match last night, I thought Bale was brilliant, and also he is a good negotiator with the ref...sound player.
Man U meet Madrid tomorrow...
That should be a good game....To be honest El I think with the influx we know we are going to get from Romania and Bulgaria i think trouble is going to loom and parliament won't be able to stop the backlash their going to get from the British public it's already at boiling point..

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23742 Mar 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>That should be a good game....To be honest El I think with the influx we know we are going to get from Romania and Bulgaria i think trouble is going to loom and parliament won't be able to stop the backlash their going to get from the British public it's already at boiling point..
There is only so much that people will take....as it stands, people
are taken for fools.

Well, I am thinking about what to make for tea....I think I'll
make Cauliflower Cheese, I was looking at where the cauli came from and it's grown in Cornwall. Wonder who picked it..hee hee...:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23743 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I seem to remember Brighteyes saying that Boomer had
ipad issues.

Ginger Bailey is great and thanks for asking, he is sunning
himself at the moment, he has his stitches removed Thursday.
I bought him one of those cones I found on Amazon, I checked
out the customer reviews first and chose one which collapses
when the cat lies down, made of soft material. He wouldn't
entertain it! Picked one up from the Vets, it was just the job, but I took pity and left it off, he has been fine without it.
Interestingly the cone I got from the Vets was made in America,
and was described as an Elizabethan Collar.
Anyway, he is thriving and enjoying the extra TLC.
I don't imagine they relish having those collars but they serve a purpose and can help prevent infection.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23744 Mar 4, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. It is going to be 85 today in Dallas :) Spring is coming on strong
Jealous! We're looking at more snow tomorrow ! Spring is elusive this year.
:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23745 Mar 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't imagine they relish having those collars but they serve a purpose and can help prevent infection.
Absolutely. Oliver had to wear one when he was shot to prevent
him aggravating his eye...or at least, his eye socket.
I am keeping a close eye on Bailey, he is also on anti-biotics
and eating like a little horse.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23746 Mar 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous! We're looking at more snow tomorrow ! Spring is elusive this year.
:)
I would hate there not be a season without snowdrops
and daffodils. I love this time of the year.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23747 Mar 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
that should be 'what they hope to do'(:
Hope 'Maam' had a comfy night
in hospital...
at least, thankfully... she won't have to 'rough it'
on a trolley!!
That's very true Grace..it makes one afraid to be sick these
days.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23748 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I would hate there not be a season without snowdrops
and daffodils. I love this time of the year.
I like your "snow bird" avatar!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#23749 Mar 4, 2013
Good day to all!
The planet has been pretty busy of late... The meat scandal rocking the UK, the Queen Mum not feeling well, Man U rockin it out in Europe, the US attempting to deal with budget cuts and Spring not being closer yet!

I miss our chats about food and the like. Not much into politics or religion. I also believe that you should never post anything that you can't say in public! Just me I guess...

I do hope everyone is well. I will be running errands today AFTER I take a peek at our flower beds. Once it is warmer, I intend to dig all imposing weeds and stuff.

Enjoy your day everyone!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23750 Mar 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your "snow bird" avatar!
...:)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23751 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
days.
what you say is ACTUALLY true, El...

When you go into A/E here [Accident & Emergency]
and if you are kept in ..
a night or two on a trolley is usual!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23752 Mar 4, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Good day to all!
The planet has been pretty busy of late... The meat scandal rocking the UK, the Queen Mum not feeling well, Man U rockin it out in Europe, the US attempting to deal with budget cuts and Spring not being closer yet!

I miss our chats about food and the like. Not much into politics or religion. I also believe that you should never post anything that you can't say in public! Just me I guess...

I do hope everyone is well. I will be running errands today AFTER I take a peek at our flower beds. Once it is warmer, I intend to dig all imposing weeds and stuff.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Chili time!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23753 Mar 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
days.
Well I just took a nice 4 hour walk passing out door hangers. I can pay a guy 10 cents apiece to do it but I enjoy the exercise :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 7 min andet1987 2,197
Tips on troLLing (Jan '10) 14 min Luther 346
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min Subduction Zone 219,607
2words into 2new words (May '12) 19 min andet1987 7,743
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 21 min Lazy Jay 8,604
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 23 min andet1987 3,691
News 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird... 25 min 4160 kill a volt 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min BITD 211,607
What Turns You Off? 2 hr UnderstandPeople 429
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 3,268
True False Game (Jun '11) 2 hr andet1987 14,078
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 hr Turnip 1,491
More from around the web