El's Kitchen

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23613 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Franko...well I couldn't think of the name of the place we were when I mentioned this yesterday, we were actually at a place called LLANGOLLEN...you know, where they hold the National Eisteddfodd....everybody has heard of Llangollen, besdies which it is on the A5 which is the London to Holyhead road...!
I told her to look at another place nearby, it would guide her to where we were, it seemed to confuse her all the more, Glyndyfwdwy...I rest my case..haha
it sounds like the person you were talking to was not quite fully competent?

I wonder, if you don't feel the rep you are talking to is helping, can you ask them to put another rep on the line?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23614 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the feeling believe me Tony. I have upgraded
to Windows 8 Pro no less, I was treated to it when my
rellies visited....have no idea how to access my e-mails.
I know they are there as I was in there one morning,
now they have disappeared completely. Gotta get to grip
with it sooner or later.
Hey EL .. I heard the prince was involved in a rescue very near to you, up on Snowdonia....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23615 Feb 28, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
no problem Mon.. enjoy some caribbean music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
lol
:)
LMAO!!! Good one!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23616 Feb 28, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>30,000 released in one day?/? WOW!!
Were they also deported, or just released into the general public?
pending ..........

Supreme Court orders release of over 30,000 prisoners in CA ...
California will have to release over 30,000 .

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23617 Feb 28, 2013
Obama says he didn't know anything about it

yes/no??????????

“It’s abhorrent that President Obama is releasing criminals into our communities to promote his political agenda on sequestration,” said Mr. Goodlatte, who, as chairman of the Judiciary Committee, is running the House hearings on immigration reform.“By releasing criminal immigrants onto the streets, the administration is needlessly endangering American lives.”

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#23618 Feb 28, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
brought in military controllers ... and extended supervision to controlling
believe me 90% returned to work Monday the rest were terminated
No, all who did not return to work at once (almost 90% of them) were terminated - some were allowed to re-apply for their jobs, but not until 1986 (5 years later). Took 10 years to get back to the level of staffing prior to the strike. The military took up some of the slack with their trained personnel, although initially only 50% of the original flights could run.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

#23619 Feb 28, 2013
Mytten da to one and all (that's the Cornish for Good Morning), bore da to ER. Another day of working on the yacht ready for the new seaqson - have a pleasant day one and all.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23620 Feb 28, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Mytten da to one and all (that's the Cornish for Good Morning), bore da to ER. Another day of working on the yacht ready for the new seaqson - have a pleasant day one and all.
Mytten da Tony....you too, have a pleasant day. Have cleaning
the patio in mind today, seeing as how it is dry.
Did you see where..finally...goal line technology is to be brought into being next season?'Bout time!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

#23621 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Mytten da Tony....you too, have a pleasant day. Have cleaning
the patio in mind today, seeing as how it is dry.
Did you see where..finally...goal line technology is to be brought into being next season?'Bout time!
Just be grateful it wasn't there in 1966 - although I still reckon the ball had crossed the line! I'm puzzled why it was resisted so long in soccer, when rugby has used the "fourth official" for several years, very successfully.

Location hidden

#23622 Mar 1, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>it sounds like the person you were talking to was not quite fully competent?
I wonder, if you don't feel the rep you are talking to is helping, can you ask them to put another rep on the line?
I have to say in their defence Franko, that it is most unusual
for the RAC..or the AA..to be so incompetent. I was torn
between disbelief and finding it funny, but disbelief won the day.

Location hidden

#23623 Mar 1, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be grateful it wasn't there in 1966 - although I still reckon the ball had crossed the line! I'm puzzled why it was resisted so long in soccer, when rugby has used the "fourth official" for several years, very successfully.
I didn't watch footie in those days Tony, must try to find some footage on YouTube out of curiosity.
Rained off doing the patio here, was it Krypteia or yourself remarked the weather can change in a heart beat here?!

Location hidden

#23624 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Obama says he didn't know anything about it
yes/no??????????
“It’s abhorrent that President Obama is releasing criminals into our communities to promote his political agenda on sequestration,” said Mr. Goodlatte, who, as chairman of the Judiciary Committee, is running the House hearings on immigration reform.“By releasing criminal immigrants onto the streets, the administration is needlessly endangering American lives.”
call me naive, but it makes one wonder if it is all a conspiracy, as the same thing is happening over here, albeit on a much smaller scale. When you compare with the old system, the very old system, when a criminal was exported to a foreign land for a petty crime, I am not suggesting this should happen today, but certainly in the case of immigrants at the risk of sounding harsh.
There was a case recently where an immigrant had fallen foul of the law, I put it that way as I cannot recall his crime, but he was allowed to stay in the country and got a minimun sentence, because of his Human Rights and the fact he had a twelve year old son who had the right to remain in school in Britain.
Human Rights as introduced by Brussels now we are in the European Union.

Location hidden

#23625 Mar 1, 2013
HAPPY 1ST DAY OF MARCH EVERYONE!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23626 Mar 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
HAPPY 1ST DAY OF MARCH EVERYONE!
And to you. I love your avatar El. Pretty.

Location hidden

#23627 Mar 1, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou Quincy....

I expect you are just off to work shortly...here I am just about to make some lunch, and I will give you three guesses as to where I am off to this afternoon!

I meant to put the link on for those gardens I mentioned to you,
they open today, St. David's Day.

Location hidden

#23628 Mar 1, 2013
here is one link, gives you a good idea. I like
to go when the Bluebells are flowering ...

http://www.beautifulbritain.co.uk/htm/outanda...

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#23629 Mar 1, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FRYday to the kitchen dwellers!!!!!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23630 Mar 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
call me naive, but it makes one wonder if it is all a conspiracy, as the same thing is happening over here, albeit on a much smaller scale. When you compare with the old system, the very old system, when a criminal was exported to a foreign land for a petty crime, I am not suggesting this should happen today, but certainly in the case of immigrants at the risk of sounding harsh.
There was a case recently where an immigrant had fallen foul of the law, I put it that way as I cannot recall his crime, but he was allowed to stay in the country and got a minimun sentence, because of his Human Rights and the fact he had a twelve year old son who had the right to remain in school in Britain.
Human Rights as introduced by Brussels now we are in the European Union.
El in America these are illegal aliens. They never were let in they crossed the border illegally. We have 12 to 20 million people here illegally.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23631 Mar 1, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Quinn. A few days ago you made a remark about the Republicans not signing the violence against women bill immediately. I said there was probably a poison pill in there. The bill was pasted but now you do not have to be a woman to be protected by the bill. It covers men and homosexuals and the definition of violence has been watered down to harsh language and Indian tribes are somehow involved.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23632 Mar 1, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FRYday to the kitchen dwellers!!!!!!!
Good morning Vee. Happy Friday :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min _Zoey_ 30,734
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min _Zoey_ 34,049
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 4 min Mega Monster 4,135
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min Old Sam 143,123
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 7 min Old Sam 25,223
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 9 min andet1987 12,679
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 15,635
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 42 min Matter Of Factly 19,147
Roger Waters Calls Donald Trump ‘Pig-Ignorant’ 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 89
all songs with the word "don't in their ... 1 hr Sweetie-Pie 55