El's Kitchen

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23587 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Rose, LU2..and btw your recipe sounds wonderful, risk
of sounding cheeky, next time you make, I'll be there, lol.
My own recipe was fairly similar, although on a smaller
scale, also I shake Turmeric on top after dishing it out,
also on my curries.
Absolutely beautiful day here in Snowdonia....we are going to
see Uncle Jim this afternoon for a check up..well, not me exactly, but the two retrobates, Barti Ddu and MillyMolly are....they have to be seen before he will prescribe their meds....tne....perhaps
a trip to the beach for a breath of sea air.
Rose, meant to ask yesterday. How is your sister's cat, did the
anti-biotics do the trick?
Have a fantastic day and CUL8er..<3 ELx
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Seems we all have a way of making Chili and they all sound pretty darn good...
:o)
Over in Louisville, KY they have a big Chili cook off and those folks will make Chili out of anything!!!
My Sisters cat is doing pretty well the infection has gone down some but it looks like she is going to end up having surgery as there are hard lumps beneath the swollen area...
I just hope that she will make it through everything.. My Sister dearly loves that crazy cat... and That crazy cat dearly loves My Sister...
It's Snowwhydon'tya here in the valley today... hahahaha... It's melting as it hits the ground so no major accumulation... Just half frozen muddy yuck for a yard...
I told Paisley it looks like I'm gonna end up doing some gardening in the mud at this rate.. I can at the very least turn some ground and set the stones for my new flower shaped flower bed...
Cracked up laughing about the cats reaction to that noise... Very funny picture in my head...
;o)
I hope that you get to the beach... and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourself..
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23588 Feb 28, 2013
Sending Warm wishes to all of the good folks who visit El's Kitchen today...
I hope that your day will be a good one and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourselves...
@}-'--,---

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23589 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Denny.
What IS going on with that, sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Or somebody is trying to pass the buck. Not a good situation, I agree.
UNCLE RON :

On this day in 1981, President Ronald Reagan fired more than 11,000 air traffic controllers who ignored his order to return to work. The sweeping mass firing of federal employees slowed commercial air travel, but it did not cripple the system as the strikers had forecast.

we do have a few presidents at the right moment in history

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23590 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All Obama does is campaign and takes no responsibility for leading. He had a political action committee started from his election committee. If you contribute $500000 you get to meet with Obama in the white house 4 times a year. He is selling connection to his office. You hear almost nothing about this on main stream media. They just turn a blind eye
no problem Mon.. enjoy some caribbean music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

lol

:)

Location hidden

#23591 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful avatar PFfff.....
'tis interesting, if you find out just where, and it's okay to
do so, I will pop in one fine day and introduce myself! Is your
husband's cuz Welsh? like...from WALES! lol
Bora Da!
i asked my SIL but she didnt know exactly where. but she did say that this cousin is so sweet that if we ever wanted to visit there, she would welcome anybody with open arms.

wasnt that Nice of my SIL? lol

im practicing the picture thing, been awhile since ive put one up and as usual at first i couldnt remember how. one of these days.... lol

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23592 Feb 28, 2013
Good afternoon and good evening to all in the kitchen, Lady El Quinn, Grace, Denny, Diamond, FC, Tony, PFfff...and all others. Did someone say Chili? One of our favorites. The local pub here has a chili contest every year and I thought about entering but just didn't. Lady El it sounds like the babies are doing better. The weather here is damp and cold but the first sign of spring was in our yard....Crocus!! They are truly delightful! Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
Peace and love to all in the kitchen.

“Fairyland”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#23593 Feb 28, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
Good afternoon and good evening to all in the kitchen, Lady El Quinn, Grace, Denny, Diamond, FC, Tony, PFfff...and all others. Did someone say Chili? One of our favorites. The local pub here has a chili contest every year and I thought about entering but just didn't. Lady El it sounds like the babies are doing better. The weather here is damp and cold but the first sign of spring was in our yard....Crocus!! They are truly delightful! Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
Good day back
[tho' night here now]

I was just noticing you weren't here for a while,
hoping you were ok healthwise or maybe
just plain busy.

Good Spring evening everyone..

I was in a store today, two in front of
me was a [seemingly] homeless shabbily dressed man,
he had in his hand a ready made dinner, in a package -

cost >
6 euros 50 cent..

when he came to be served the assistant said
with a shake of her head

'NO, I can't let you have it, last week you
promised to pay and you haven't paid for that
one yet' I intervened and asked the cost,
and offered to pay for this dinner for him, which I did,
as I couldn't see him without his dinner - on such a cold day.

he then proceeded to ask me to buy him coffee and
chocolate too!

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth! LOL, ha ha!

or, in my case,
he was trying to make an
ASS out of me (:

Location hidden

#23594 Feb 28, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
i make a pretty good chili too. but i dont know... chocolate and beans just dont seem like a dangerous combination. LOL

;)

Location hidden

#23595 Feb 28, 2013
"just seems like a .."

lol

Level 3

Location hidden

#23596 Feb 28, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day back
[tho' night here now]
just plain busy.
cost >
6 euros 50 cent..
with a shake of her head
chocolate too!
or, in my case,
he was trying to make an
ASS out of me (:
No worries here Grace and thank you for thoughts. Boomer and I are very well, just getting busy with our festivals coming up and all those crazy meetings. That was very thoughtful of you with the homeless person you will be the one blessed in the end. Wow for him asking for a coffee also.....water would be a good choice! LOL
Thank you for being such a wonderful person Grace.
Peace and love always.

Level 3

Location hidden

#23597 Feb 28, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i make a pretty good chili too. but i dont know... chocolate and beans just dont seem like a dangerous combination. LOL
;)
Toooo funny! Maybe we should all share our chili recipes and have our own contest? Nothing like each of us having 5 or more different chili's in each of our kitchens. But I do think that chili recipes are fine but it is all about the love that each of you would put into it that would make it the best!!!! Just sayin"
Peace to you and yours always.

Level 3

Location hidden

#23598 Feb 28, 2013
It was great being in the kitchen today. I am ready to leave work and go to a meeting with Boomer so everyone have a great evening or a wonderful slumber. BTW - Boomer used to post on his ipad and it will not let him post on topics anymore.:( I might have to get him a new one.
Peace and Love!

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23599 Feb 28, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
It was great being in the kitchen today. I am ready to leave work and go to a meeting with Boomer so everyone have a great evening or a wonderful slumber. BTW - Boomer used to post on his ipad and it will not let him post on topics anymore.:( I might have to get him a new one.
Peace and Love!
Dear Brighteyes....hope this catches you before you leave for work, just to say, wonderful to see you in the kitchen this evening, I am running late having not long got back from the Vets...he is most pleased with the condition of the two reprobates, so some good news at last.
Catch up with you more next time...and glad to know all is well with yourself and Boomer....Love and Peace...:)

Location hidden

#23600 Feb 28, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day back
[tho' night here now]
just plain busy.
cost >
6 euros 50 cent..
with a shake of her head
chocolate too!
or, in my case,
he was trying to make an
ASS out of me (:
'Evening Grace...that gent had expensive tastes...what a nerve asking you to buy him coffee and chocolate...he wanted bells on it as my Mother used to say.
p.s. hope you got your own back on your iPad! haha

Location hidden

#23601 Feb 28, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
UNCLE RON :
On this day in 1981, President Ronald Reagan fired more than 11,000 air traffic controllers who ignored his order to return to work. The sweeping mass firing of federal employees slowed commercial air travel, but it did not cripple the system as the strikers had forecast.
we do have a few presidents at the right moment in history
'Afternoon Sir Tally...

what was the reason for them striking initially? and who did the job in their absence. Were new staff employed or were they reinstated.

I am not sure that could be done here, but maybe Tony and Kryptiea would know better.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23602 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I find them more endearing than people....present company excepted!

Bora Da Quincy..
Why thank you and Bora Da as well!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23603 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. What is cooking in the kitchen? We had 30,000 illegal aliens released from prison yesterday. Obama says he didn't know anything about it and the head of homeland security said she didn't know anything about it. They finally claim the decision was made by high level un named people because of the up coming 2.5% increase in federal spending that isn't going to happen. Obama promised to cut the deficit by 50%. It is being cut by 2.5% in expected increases and they are claiming the world will end. They are going to make it hurt as bad as they can. Claiming they will have to lay off air traffic controllers and border patrol agents. We will still spend 15 billion more on government than we did last year. The government can do nothing in an efficient manner. Union workers who work for the federal government have union representatives but we pay 156 million dollars to these reps but they don't work on any federal business. And they say they can't reduce spending :(
We've had convicted murderers and other violent offenders released "by accident" because neither the Governor nor the head of prisons knew it happened or why.

Our tax dollars at work.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23604 Feb 28, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
Hey there Brighteyes! I make a mean pot if chili. Tomorrow there a Chili Cook Off at my office. I plan to eat and observe. I didn't enter. Prizes and everything.

Spring? What's that? When's that? There's a few inches of snow in my yard and a good six up by my office.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23605 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Sir Tally...
what was the reason for them striking initially? and who did the job in their absence. Were new staff employed or were they reinstated.
I am not sure that could be done here, but maybe Tony and Kryptiea would know better.
brought in military controllers ... and extended supervision to controlling

believe me 90% returned to work Monday the rest were terminated

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23606 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Sir Tally...
American greed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 5 min wichita-rick 994
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min SLY WEST 167,212
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min dirtclod 171,905
Word association (Jun '07) 10 min Mega Monster 3,364
Word Association (Jun '10) 11 min Mega Monster 28,463
Word Association (Mar '10) 13 min wichita-rick 17,672
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 41 min SLY WEST 16,054
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Trunketeer 12,723
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 2 hr andet1987 9,331
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 2 hr andet1987 170