El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23574 Feb 28, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>if you like .. but FYI I always preferred "girl next door" MAryanne.
I'll be the sceintist.
We can put a man in space but we can't get those poor people off that island. Must be Bush's fault :)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23575 Feb 28, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady Eleanor...
SRY = Sorry. I didn't get back over here sooner.. U know ILY = I Love You! hahahahahaha
:o)
Reading your posts always makes my heart smile..
I've seen that show you mentioned and I like it. I think it's a neat idea..
I just knew when that fella showed up at your door you would provide for him and I'm betting that he'll be indoors before long at the rate he has come to trust you..
Wonderful news about Mr. Ginger Bailey and you may very well be right about him knowing his way back home.
Chico knows how to get to my Sisters house or at least he thinks he does. Whenever I'd take him with me.. He always turned and looked at My Sister when we were supposed to make a turn... and He'd do the same thing on the way back home...
Makes me remember all the stories I've heard over the years of Dogs and Cats walking hundreds and even over a thousand miles just to be with the people they love...
My dinner tonight was Pork Roast with BBQ sauce over it a baked potato and some carrots.. It was very yummy and just what I needed.
I make some awesome Chili and I wish I could send you a big bowl full when I make it.
2 pounds of ground beef
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of Kidney beans
3 cans of Mild Chili Beans
1 med. sized onion
1 package of Bloemer's Original Dry Chili Powder.
Add a teaspoon of oil to a big hot skillet then add the onions
Cook them till they start to clear and brown a little.
Then add the ground beef and cook till it is browned
While that's cooking open all of the canned items and put them in a big chili pot, Stir in the Chili Seasoning..
Heat to a boil.
When the meat has browned drain the fat from the meat and onion and add it to the rest of the ingredients..
turn it down to a simmer stirring every now and then and let it cook till you are ready to eat..
ENJOY!!!
Some people like to add macaroni to it or spaghetti..
Me I like it without them and with a bunch of crackers..
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Dear Rose, LU2..and btw your recipe sounds wonderful, risk
of sounding cheeky, next time you make, I'll be there, lol.
My own recipe was fairly similar, although on a smaller
scale, also I shake Turmeric on top after dishing it out,
also on my curries.
Absolutely beautiful day here in Snowdonia....we are going to
see Uncle Jim this afternoon for a check up..well, not me exactly, but the two retrobates, Barti Ddu and MillyMolly are....they have to be seen before he will prescribe their meds....tne....perhaps
a trip to the beach for a breath of sea air.
Rose, meant to ask yesterday. How is your sister's cat, did the
anti-biotics do the trick?
Have a fantastic day and CUL8er..<3 ELx

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23576 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!..:)
Good morning El. What is cooking in the kitchen? We had 30,000 illegal aliens released from prison yesterday. Obama says he didn't know anything about it and the head of homeland security said she didn't know anything about it. They finally claim the decision was made by high level un named people because of the up coming 2.5% increase in federal spending that isn't going to happen. Obama promised to cut the deficit by 50%. It is being cut by 2.5% in expected increases and they are claiming the world will end. They are going to make it hurt as bad as they can. Claiming they will have to lay off air traffic controllers and border patrol agents. We will still spend 15 billion more on government than we did last year. The government can do nothing in an efficient manner. Union workers who work for the federal government have union representatives but we pay 156 million dollars to these reps but they don't work on any federal business. And they say they can't reduce spending :(

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23577 Feb 28, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I love the 1Pad and find it easy to deal with,
sometimes I look at it in bed,
the other night, I was lying flat on my back,
having the 1Pad propped upright in front of
me [out of it's case]
as I was reading something from it,
I fell fast asleep, only to be suddenly
woken by a firm smack in the face from the 1Pad,
a direct hit..
wonder if this is the first known case of
being assaulted by !Pad(:
ROFLMAO iPad attack :)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23578 Feb 28, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy story ... couldn't you give the name of something more well known nearby, like the turnoff from the main road that leads to where you were?
One of my pet peaves is how LITTLE docuementatoin they give nowadays for most products you buy. It seems like you have to guess your way through the settup or installation.
Hey Franko...well I couldn't think of the name of the place we were when I mentioned this yesterday, we were actually at a place called LLANGOLLEN...you know, where they hold the National Eisteddfodd....everybody has heard of Llangollen, besdies which it is on the A5 which is the London to Holyhead road...!
I told her to look at another place nearby, it would guide her to where we were, it seemed to confuse her all the more, Glyndyfwdwy...I rest my case..haha

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23579 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Franko...well I couldn't think of the name of the place we were when I mentioned this yesterday, we were actually at a place called LLANGOLLEN...you know, where they hold the National Eisteddfodd....everybody has heard of Llangollen, besdies which it is on the A5 which is the London to Holyhead road...!
I told her to look at another place nearby, it would guide her to where we were, it seemed to confuse her all the more, Glyndyfwdwy...I rest my case..haha
I don't find it surprising that you can't remember the name of the place in Wales :)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23580 Feb 28, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon ER - I'm male, you know we don't do the instruction book thing for ANYTHING! I have a video machine that has not been used since my stepdaughter left home six years ago - no idea how to work it!!!
I know the feeling believe me Tony. I have upgraded
to Windows 8 Pro no less, I was treated to it when my
rellies visited....have no idea how to access my e-mails.
I know they are there as I was in there one morning,
now they have disappeared completely. Gotta get to grip
with it sooner or later.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23581 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. What is cooking in the kitchen? We had 30,000 illegal aliens released from prison yesterday. Obama says he didn't know anything about it and the head of homeland security said she didn't know anything about it. They finally claim the decision was made by high level un named people because of the up coming 2.5% increase in federal spending that isn't going to happen. Obama promised to cut the deficit by 50%. It is being cut by 2.5% in expected increases and they are claiming the world will end. They are going to make it hurt as bad as they can. Claiming they will have to lay off air traffic controllers and border patrol agents. We will still spend 15 billion more on government than we did last year. The government can do nothing in an efficient manner. Union workers who work for the federal government have union representatives but we pay 156 million dollars to these reps but they don't work on any federal business. And they say they can't reduce spending :(
Good Morning Denny.
What IS going on with that, sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Or somebody is trying to pass the buck. Not a good situation, I agree.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#23582 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I don't find it surprising that you can't remember the name of the place in Wales :)
LOL! When I first came to live here I couldn't wait to visit a friend who I had met in England, lived in the heart of Wales.
I set off but forgot to take her address with me, so I stopped at a Post Office and asked the Post Master if he could help, as everybody knew each other here or so I thought. He asked me for the address and I told him all I knew was, it began with 'Pont'.
He hid a smile, as pont means bridge, and nearly every village began with pont...I found it eventually...pontyfrendegraid it was called. Rolls off the tongue now.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23583 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Denny.
What IS going on with that, sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Or somebody is trying to pass the buck. Not a good situation, I agree.
All Obama does is campaign and takes no responsibility for leading. He had a political action committee started from his election committee. If you contribute $500000 you get to meet with Obama in the white house 4 times a year. He is selling connection to his office. You hear almost nothing about this on main stream media. They just turn a blind eye

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#23584 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All Obama does is campaign and takes no responsibility for leading. He had a political action committee started from his election committee. If you contribute $500000 you get to meet with Obama in the white house 4 times a year. He is selling connection to his office. You hear almost nothing about this on main stream media. They just turn a blind eye
This group, whilst linked to Obama, was not started by him directly. Nor has he anything to do with the promises made about access which they have made. Here is the link, which explains how they plan to keep their promise:
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/27/selling...

Fox News is currently trumpeting this one - but given the political bias of that station, it isn't surprising. However, I would agree with you that this type of fundraising is improper and a misuse of the Presidential office. This isn't the first one, from what I have read researching it - Clinton and Bush jnr also indulged, though using different tactics.
Krypteia

Cannock, UK

#23585 Feb 28, 2013
Well apparently I live in Leeds now,I mean of all places Leeds don't think my stomach can handle being a northerner,Wembley was north enough yesterday,but Leeds I mean Leeds!!!!
Anyway ee by gum...

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23586 Feb 28, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two tricks with Chilli - a couple of cloves of fresh garlic crushed and fried off with the onion and a couple of squares of plain chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa solids or higher) at the end. Really enriches the sauce.
Hi Tony...
I bet you make a mean pot of Chili... I bet that Chocolate does work well to enrich that sauce.. and that the garlic gives it an extra zip...
A lot of people like to add spaghetti or macaroni but I like mine with a ton of meat and beans so I leave them out.. it also allows me to make some serious chili burittos and to use the chili as topping for my chili dogs...
Dang talking about it is making me want to put on a big pot today...
I hope that your day has been a good one so far and that your evening will be even better...
Sending you all my best wishes...
@}-'--,---

#23587 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Rose, LU2..and btw your recipe sounds wonderful, risk
of sounding cheeky, next time you make, I'll be there, lol.
My own recipe was fairly similar, although on a smaller
scale, also I shake Turmeric on top after dishing it out,
also on my curries.
Absolutely beautiful day here in Snowdonia....we are going to
see Uncle Jim this afternoon for a check up..well, not me exactly, but the two retrobates, Barti Ddu and MillyMolly are....they have to be seen before he will prescribe their meds....tne....perhaps
a trip to the beach for a breath of sea air.
Rose, meant to ask yesterday. How is your sister's cat, did the
anti-biotics do the trick?
Have a fantastic day and CUL8er..<3 ELx
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Seems we all have a way of making Chili and they all sound pretty darn good...
:o)
Over in Louisville, KY they have a big Chili cook off and those folks will make Chili out of anything!!!
My Sisters cat is doing pretty well the infection has gone down some but it looks like she is going to end up having surgery as there are hard lumps beneath the swollen area...
I just hope that she will make it through everything.. My Sister dearly loves that crazy cat... and That crazy cat dearly loves My Sister...
It's Snowwhydon'tya here in the valley today... hahahaha... It's melting as it hits the ground so no major accumulation... Just half frozen muddy yuck for a yard...
I told Paisley it looks like I'm gonna end up doing some gardening in the mud at this rate.. I can at the very least turn some ground and set the stones for my new flower shaped flower bed...
Cracked up laughing about the cats reaction to that noise... Very funny picture in my head...
;o)
I hope that you get to the beach... and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourself..
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

#23588 Feb 28, 2013
Sending Warm wishes to all of the good folks who visit El's Kitchen today...
I hope that your day will be a good one and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourselves...
@}-'--,---

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23589 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Denny.
UNCLE RON :

On this day in 1981, President Ronald Reagan fired more than 11,000 air traffic controllers who ignored his order to return to work. The sweeping mass firing of federal employees slowed commercial air travel, but it did not cripple the system as the strikers had forecast.

we do have a few presidents at the right moment in history

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23590 Feb 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All Obama does is campaign and takes no responsibility for leading. He had a political action committee started from his election committee. If you contribute $500000 you get to meet with Obama in the white house 4 times a year. He is selling connection to his office. You hear almost nothing about this on main stream media. They just turn a blind eye
no problem Mon.. enjoy some caribbean music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

lol

:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23591 Feb 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful avatar PFfff.....
'tis interesting, if you find out just where, and it's okay to
do so, I will pop in one fine day and introduce myself! Is your
husband's cuz Welsh? like...from WALES! lol
Bora Da!
i asked my SIL but she didnt know exactly where. but she did say that this cousin is so sweet that if we ever wanted to visit there, she would welcome anybody with open arms.

wasnt that Nice of my SIL? lol

im practicing the picture thing, been awhile since ive put one up and as usual at first i couldnt remember how. one of these days.... lol

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23592 Feb 28, 2013
Good afternoon and good evening to all in the kitchen, Lady El Quinn, Grace, Denny, Diamond, FC, Tony, PFfff...and all others. Did someone say Chili? One of our favorites. The local pub here has a chili contest every year and I thought about entering but just didn't. Lady El it sounds like the babies are doing better. The weather here is damp and cold but the first sign of spring was in our yard....Crocus!! They are truly delightful! Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
Peace and love to all in the kitchen.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23593 Feb 28, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
Good afternoon and good evening to all in the kitchen, Lady El Quinn, Grace, Denny, Diamond, FC, Tony, PFfff...and all others. Did someone say Chili? One of our favorites. The local pub here has a chili contest every year and I thought about entering but just didn't. Lady El it sounds like the babies are doing better. The weather here is damp and cold but the first sign of spring was in our yard....Crocus!! They are truly delightful! Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
Peace and love to all in the kitchen.
Good day back
[tho' night here now]

I was just noticing you weren't here for a while,
hoping you were ok healthwise or maybe
just plain busy.

Good Spring evening everyone..

I was in a store today, two in front of
me was a [seemingly] homeless shabbily dressed man,
he had in his hand a ready made dinner, in a package -

cost >
6 euros 50 cent..

when he came to be served the assistant said
with a shake of her head

'NO, I can't let you have it, last week you
promised to pay and you haven't paid for that
one yet' I intervened and asked the cost,
and offered to pay for this dinner for him, which I did,
as I couldn't see him without his dinner - on such a cold day.

he then proceeded to ask me to buy him coffee and
chocolate too!

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth! LOL, ha ha!

or, in my case,
he was trying to make an
ASS out of me (:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are Hairy Women Attractive? (May '08) 2 min SNAFUBARIFIC II 113
Moderators Pulling Posts 3 min Chilli J 23
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 min SNAFUBARIFIC II 4,021
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min Oh My 2,522
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 14 min razz58 3,925
Ghetto things to ponder ... 18 min Crystal_Clear722 8
News Cyclists use 120 plungers to raise bike lane aw... 24 min Mitts Gold Plated... 36
News Sea lion grabs girl, pulls her into water 1 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 20
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Boink face 217,006
More from around the web