El's Kitchen

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23491 Feb 26, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
That last part could not be more true.
It's true isn't it Quincy...the void is huge...

the memories and the legacy go just a little way to
filling that void.

Wishing you a happy and peaceful day...:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23492 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
The Big Day came round for Ginger Bailey to go to have his stitches removed...this cat, at the age of 15, has really been through the mill with three attempts so far to remove the haematoma he has in his ear.

Got to the surgery (25 miles away) only to find the Vet who treated him last Thursday had been
delayed....waited and waited, then ushered in to see another Vet. That was a stroke of luck as it happens as he discovered that the surgery hd not been performed properly, that he would have ongoing problems if it were not corrected....bottom line, I left GB there overnight to have further surgery this morning.

The Vet drew diagrams of 1) the problem in the ear and 2) what happens with surgery....I am looking at them attempting to look knowledgeable, hahaha

A couple of hours and he should be ready to collect.
Poor cat --- he needs some extra catnip or other pampering ....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23493 Feb 26, 2013
good morning

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#23494 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stress enough how very sorry I was to hear of your
friend passing away, we all were Grace, it just doesn't seem
possible I know, when one minute they are seemingly quite well,
and in such a short space of time...
A wonderful thing to have a Wake...more should adopt that tradition.
Now Grace, old habits die hard, and this morning without thinking,
I logged in to the kitchen thread as I do every day. Saw Franko's post, which I knew I had given him cause to say, and felt I had to reply...and besides which, Sir Tally was waiting for some brek! lol
Can you accept I was having a 'bad hair day'? and that Yesterday is dead and gone. My apologies for the delay in replying to you...have been out most of the afternoon...
and to say thankyou for the lovely links...I have yet to watch the
Russian 'cat lady' will play that on my laptop in the comfort of my bed shortly...
Thanks SO much for this post El,
and yes, I know about a 'the bad hair day'
we ALL have them,
in fact, I too was [am] probably a
tad overly sensitive after recent happenings,
added to it, and I didn't say yesterday,
but...
I was due for the results of my recent cardiogram
today.. unfortunately, it was in the same hospital
where my friend recently ended her days -
all this had an odd effect on me,
I was very nervous going in..
more than usual...

I was told my blood pressure is high..
and they will be doing a monitoring test
on me, where I go back to the hosp..
in the next days...
they get you to wear a 'thingy' lol
[for want of a proper
medical term(:
and find what's causing it..

Sorry El... about any crossed thoughts
expressed in posts...
due to mixed emotions.... and strained times...

Life gives us ALL a 'kick in the pants'

at times, but when we survive them..

[and many of us who have been here a while.. have]

we are all the stronger for it..

All GOOD wishes, El.. and all on the thread.

Hope you enjoy the Russian lady and her adopted feral family!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23495 Feb 26, 2013
http://youtu.be/K_MdSu0I620

i think we should make this the Kitchen's theme song..

:0)

Grace - sincerely hope all goes well for u.

it will, i said so! lol

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23496 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bora Da PFfff....you've got me spelling it your way now, lol
I'm glad we could share our feelings here, and although I didn't appreciate it at the time, we can thank Grace for raising the subject, perhaps by doing so she brought something to the surface had only been dormant.....
I would not for a moment thought you was slighting me or anybody else for that matter, but t/y anyway!
Powerful words there when you say 'when memories of each comes around, each in it's own way triggers strong emotions' that is so very true, and how important it is to allow them to filter into our thoughts and bring the emotions out in us.
I always say try to think of the happy times we had with those we loved who have gone, but in reality other memories creep in, and dare I say allow us to have a better understanding of what we did not understand when they were around. I hope I am making some sort of sense in saying that. Just reflecting as I 'speak'.
Indebted to you here PFfff...have a great and peaceful day..:)
lol @ the bora spelling, just looks better to me. lol

as u know my D is an English teacher, and i always say the word "zip" for "sip" - drives her nuts. lol
dont know how or why i do it, just something i picked up as a kid and cant seem to let go.
:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23498 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>It's true isn't it Quincy...the void is huge...

the memories and the legacy go just a little way to
filling that void.

Wishing you a happy and peaceful day...:)
And to you. Now that GB is in good care I hope the worst is over for him and he is fast on the mend.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#23499 Feb 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
good morning
'Morning Sir Tally....how are you this morning?

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#23500 Feb 26, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks SO much for this post El,
and yes, I know about a 'the bad hair day'
we ALL have them,
in fact, I too was [am] probably a
tad overly sensitive after recent happenings,
added to it, and I didn't say yesterday,
but...
I was due for the results of my recent cardiogram
today.. unfortunately, it was in the same hospital
where my friend recently ended her days -
all this had an odd effect on me,
I was very nervous going in..
more than usual...
I was told my blood pressure is high..
and they will be doing a monitoring test
on me, where I go back to the hosp..
in the next days...
they get you to wear a 'thingy' lol
[for want of a proper
medical term(:
and find what's causing it..
Sorry El... about any crossed thoughts
expressed in posts...
due to mixed emotions.... and strained times...
Life gives us ALL a 'kick in the pants'
at times, but when we survive them..
[and many of us who have been here a while.. have]
we are all the stronger for it..
All GOOD wishes, El.. and all on the thread.
Hope you enjoy the Russian lady and her adopted feral family!!!
Thanks Grace.... admittedly it was strange behaviour on my
part....tensions were running high in the kitchen, lol.
All is well that ends well, and thank goodness we can
agree to differ....

You are too valuable a friend to lose over a few harsh words...:)

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#23501 Feb 26, 2013
PFfff wrote:
http://youtu.be/K_MdSu0I620
i think we should make this the Kitchen's theme song..
:0)
Grace - sincerely hope all goes well for u.
it will, i said so! lol
Nice. Very nice choice PFfff....t/y...:)

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#23502 Feb 26, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
And to you. Now that GB is in good care I hope the worst is over for him and he is fast on the mend.
He has been to the Vets eight times in a fortnight...I am
concerned about the trauma to him...and also the trauma to
my purse, but I will refuse to pay for any extra surgery he
has had to endure because of their negligence.
P has gone over to collect him, I am just preparing some
white fish for his tea (the cat's) lol

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#23503 Feb 26, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
lol @ the bora spelling, just looks better to me. lol
as u know my D is an English teacher, and i always say the word "zip" for "sip" - drives her nuts. lol
dont know how or why i do it, just something i picked up as a kid and cant seem to let go.
:)
I can see you doing that, you are wicked, you know that don't you....:)(the sort of thing I would do myself btw) hee

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23504 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see you doing that, you are wicked, you know that don't you....:)(the sort of thing I would do myself btw) hee
Good afternoon El. I hope your day is going great :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23505 Feb 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
good morning
Hi there Tally! How goes it on this fine frosty Tuesday?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23506 Feb 26, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
That last part could not be more true.
Hello mighty Quinn. How is your day going in the windy city :)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#23507 Feb 26, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, the trolls create them often. I've reported to the mods and they did remove the thread.
Jolly good!!! Way to go!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#23508 Feb 26, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
General Statement in regard to the subject of Threads made to bash others...
I am Number One On the Topix Wall Of Shame created by the Stalker troll Sweetie Pie under It's profile of Christine De Carlo...
It's been reported yet there it remains...
Topix loves it when when people make threads.. They have more space for advertisements and that of course leads to more revenue..
I used to create threads that I thought people might enjoy and I stopped doing that because I am not interested in giving Topix any more advertising space while creating yet one more place to be stalked and harassed...
Several really old threads have also been brought to the front with the same intention to try and provoke myself and a few others..
Sweetie Pie is obsessed.. and while many of Pies ( Well Over 300 ) profiles have been banned there are more that have taken their place just as quickly.. Most are simply a variation of the profile names that were banned...
I feel Topix should have addressed this issue long ago but having so many profiles make it looks as if there really are 1327 people viewing Offbeat... that isn't a random number.. That was actually how many people the forum page had listed as viewing this past Friday..
I myself have 6 profiles and I only use 2 of them on Offbeat.. I do have one I use on Top Stories and then there is the one Pie got banned by reporting it under a bunch of her different names... along with two others I can't remember the passwords for... If I've signed out and don't feel like bothering to sign in I post gray screen as Wildbluerose Unchained..
Many websites such as Yahoo allow unlimited emails to be created and that allows stalker trolls like Pie to create hundreds of profiles..
I'm sure that most of the regulars who have been here for the past 5 years have seen that list of names I've posted.. It is accurate and I have been stalked and harassed by each and everyone of those profiles..
As long as Topix allows it there really isn't anything to be done about it other than the obvious which is to report all instances of Stalking, Harassment and Abuse as they occur..
Just my two cents worth..
@}-'--,---
Wishing all of the Good People Who Visit El's Kitchen Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---
this is quite a story .. I have been in TOPIX a year longer than you and had my share of incidences and I have never shied away from getting involved in disputes. I've even had my share of fueds and stalkers ... but it pales by what you say above. Makes me wonder what you did to tick someone off that badly, especially since I've never seen you say anything that should get anyone ticked at you ....

I wonder how you can even manage to enjoy spending time in TOPIX? I suppose you manage to take it all with a grain of salt, put the trolls on ignore and act as much as possible like they don't exist?

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23509 Feb 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh those muffins sound so yummy on this frosty February morning...
could get used to that sort of fayre!...:)
Listened to the radio link...good laugh, good clean comedy, priceless....thanks so much Dear Rose.
Hi Lady Eleanor...
I just finished having dinner and it was Yummy.. I baked some breaded fish fillets, tater tots and had those along with some broccoli and cheese.. Now my belly is full and I'm feeling pretty lazy... I've been goofing off online today in between doing the chores..
I walked The Pack in the middle of the baking time on the fish.. So when I was finished walking them I could sit down and enjoy my dinner...
I hope that the news is great concerning Ginger Bailey.. Bless his heart for enduring so much.. I know he thanks you for helping him even when he is fussing about being helped...
:o)
I'm glad you enjoyed that link, It's always been one of my favorite old comedy routines...
It went well with that other subject...hahahaha...
I hope that you are having a good evening and that your day has been filled with the Joys of Laughter and all the Comforts of Love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23510 Feb 26, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>this is quite a story .. I have been in TOPIX a year longer than you and had my share of incidences and I have never shied away from getting involved in disputes. I've even had my share of fueds and stalkers ... but it pales by what you say above. Makes me wonder what you did to tick someone off that badly, especially since I've never seen you say anything that should get anyone ticked at you ....
I wonder how you can even manage to enjoy spending time in TOPIX? I suppose you manage to take it all with a grain of salt, put the trolls on ignore and act as much as possible like they don't exist?
Hey Franko...
Well it's like this.. The only power anyone can have over me is the power I allow them to have..
It's like I told Grace.. I'll get shot at 100 times before I shoot back 5... I do have my moments... and I make no excuse for it...
What I did to incur this stalkers devotion was to stop having any real interaction with that person once I realized just how they really treated me..
It did take a little while to believe it but That troll proved I was right over and over again till I had no choice to believe it..
I try to laugh at the Stalker Troll for the most part... but to be honest I think that person really needs help and is living a very sad and lonely life..
I've made a bunch of real friends on this crazy website and I have spoken with a good number of them on the phone..
I've also been known to exchange little gifts with them from time to time...
For every lying no life troll that's ever come after me, I have at least fourteen true friends to take their place with a quickness...
I weigh the good against the bad and
The Good Always Wins...hahahahaha
Imagine that!!!
;o)
Sending you warmest wishes for Peace, Love, health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23511 Feb 26, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Hello mighty Quinn. How is your day going in the windy city :)
Snowy & windy......looks like you're getting pounded in Texas too. Are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Mar '10) 4 min wichita-rick 21,608
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 4 min Beijing Economists 1,005
News Scientists say nuts to heart disease 22 min Spotted Girl 8
News Man banned from Panera Bread after women report... 30 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 4
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 31 min _FLATLINE-------- 12,781
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 206,986
News 7 weird things that happen when you're breast-f... 50 min Spotted Girl 10
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr GLEN CARTER 10,601
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Enzo49 20,485
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Enzo49 1,472
More from around the web