“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#23445 Feb 25, 2013
tallyho wrote:
if any one ordered a breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato...I'm in, if not, just a coffee
I think there's only a skeleton staff on today, Tally,
the others are out in the Spring sunshine -
so >>

'get into that kitchen.. and
rattle those pots n' pans"(:
Krypteia

Edinburgh, UK

#23446 Feb 25, 2013
Hello El and all,been a busy weekend and all especially the rugby.
The French fielded a more physical team which is just as well or they would have been truly stuffed,still trying to fathom out why the French manager made the substitutes when he did, taking probably the best two players on the team off,not that I'm complaining.As for The sweaties turning over Ireland completely amazing considering the Irish had I would say most of the possession .
Spurs tonight..

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23447 Feb 25, 2013
tallyho wrote:
if any one ordered a breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato...I'm in, if not, just a coffee
Will you have a burger with that Sir Tally? lol

here's a lil joke I heard today..

Waiter:...'Will you be wanting anything on your burgers Sir'

Customer; 'Put me a fiver on it'....haha

Bad taste huh? Handing you your breakfast as requested.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23448 Feb 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there's only a skeleton staff on today, Tally,
the others are out in the Spring sunshine -
so >>
'get into that kitchen.. and
rattle those pots n' pans"(:
thanks Madame Grace , coffee it is

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#23449 Feb 25, 2013
El.. & *all animal lovers* here,
of which there are many,
will SO like this one >>

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23450 Feb 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm ... up to now i felt like the kitchen was a place we can discuss anything .. but I hear your message clear and strong EL .... perhaps there are some things better left out of this thread, perhaps talked about in a different thread more related to such emotional subjects as this???
I apologize for my part in this discussion in your thread EL...
Nothing whatsoever to apologise for Franko....I welcome any discussions under the Sun, in fact I was about to tell you
before my short 'rest' that I am in awe of your ability to put yourself in the other's shoes during a discussion...it shows a great deal of compassion on your part.
I hope my actions yesterday will not put paid to our usual speaking as we feel here in our kitchen.
Krypteia

Edinburgh, UK

#23451 Feb 25, 2013
Looks like my location says I'm in Wembley now..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23452 Feb 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you have a burger with that Sir Tally? lol
here's a lil joke I heard today..
Waiter:...'Will you be wanting anything on your burgers Sir'
Customer; 'Put me a fiver on it'....haha
Bad taste huh? Handing you your breakfast as requested.
nothing like a slow track and slower horses ya

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#23453 Feb 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
This was to be a weekend of relaxation after a stressful week with one thing and another.
As you yourself said Grace...Tony brought calm and balm to our minds with his intentions for yesterday.
Sadly, my own weekend was overshadowed by the past.
'Philosophical'? Me? Make that conditioned. As after losing the most precious people to me at an early age, and witnessing, at the age of 10, the woman who was to be my guardian, attempt to fling herself into the grave of my Grandmother, I, at that point in time 'conditioned' myself to believe that death was inevitable and should be handled with DIGNITY. Lost many since those far flung days, nursed my Mother until she passed, lost my brothers two, it hasn't been an easy time.
And you know what. I am still grieving for the loss of my bloody cats who I had to have euthenized but a short time ago.
So there you have it...and thanks for bringing it all back.
If anybody wants to contact me who has my e-mail addie...feel free.
I'm done here.
Then, EL.

If I may ask!

'why' were you angry in yesterday's post
to me
if you say you don't mind ANY subject discussed
on 'El's Kitchen'?

I kinda don't get clearly WHAT you mean..
You were leaving for a break..
and you returned in hours?
why, El?

Maybe better to get it all out into the
open so we know 'what' and 'what NOT to say'

I have a thread called CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECTS
which might be better suited to 'controversial'
topics from hereon...

Speaking of

putting oneself on another's shoes.

My longtime best friend was buried just ...
5 days ago!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23454 Feb 25, 2013
Good morning El and all my friends

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23455 Feb 25, 2013
some times , hell make that often...

posted words don't carry the poster's tones/reflections and on our end, we perceive
such posts in our present tones, and more often than not, we are wrong ....yesterday was then this is now and tomorrow is coming

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23456 Feb 25, 2013
Okay, am here..
GOSSIP CHATTING..I see..I think the Top Mods SHOULD pull the thread about stacked and proud BEING "doable"??.. Slander of a. Offbeat Chick..a REALLY Nice person!! IS this the TYPE of subjects WE really want to see on Offbeat?? Sexual Overtones.. of Degrading one of our regulars WHO survived..Laura Beth's... MEANESS?? This thread needs to be pulled!!... AND this stale piece of Banana Bread..YUCK!!

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23457 Feb 25, 2013
HEY Lady Eleanor!!!
How about this for something to makes those fur babies sit up and take notice...

Sending you Love and all of my very best wishes...
:o)
@}-'--,---

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#23458 Feb 25, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
well i for one dont agree,
IMO there is no shame in expressing grief over someone who has passed away, or for that matter someone u love that is still here, but suffering.
to me, getting all of ur feelings out in the open is a healthy alternative than keeping it all inside. we as humans, have all kinds of emotions to deal with in life and those who are able to face them head on are by far a stronger person - even if it means that at first they will have to fall apart to become whole again.
so, i for one would never apologize for talking about my feelings. and the people who care about my feelings - would never ask that of me.
but this is cyber world, maybe the rules are different here..
take care Franko - always be true to urself.
I general I wuold have agreed with you ....

But this is one of those truly emotional issues .. suicide more than most other losses ... and even though a person might have "gotten past it" years ago, it might be upsetting to be reminded of it, which is how I felt Eleanore reacted in this case.

SO it made me reconsider how to handle this in a forum situation ... I would not want to be the one to bring up memories that might be a little harder than most to deal with for a fellow reader, however inadverdant it was ... that is why I suggested that it might be more considerate to move such a discussion to another thread.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23459 Feb 25, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Franko,his girlfriend is Danish and still at college so he said he'll go over to work there as such,the longest he's ever been over there is three weeks,lol,think he will be home within two months to be honest.
well it seems like he needs to have that "life experience" ... I am going through the same thing with my older daughter, who is approaching 20.

maybe the question for you ask is "what's the worst that can happen that would not happen if his GF was in the UK?" maybe its not that bad? I mean, God forbid an accident of some sort occurs but that can happen at home as easily as abroad ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23460 Feb 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing whatsoever to apologise for Franko....I welcome any discussions under the Sun, in fact I was about to tell you
before my short 'rest' that I am in awe of your ability to put yourself in the other's shoes during a discussion...it shows a great deal of compassion on your part.
I hope my actions yesterday will not put paid to our usual speaking as we feel here in our kitchen.
Thanks for that EL ... I do try to be empathetic, having been on the receiving end of people1 in my life who totally lacked that ability ...

I see also that folk are more in favour of keeping the kitchen a place where any subject is "on the table" but I hope that when the subject can potentialy be sensitive that folk keep in mind how others might react. In truth, we have discussed the subject of death a fair bit lately, seeing as quite a number of those in the kitchen have suffered losses in the past year. But suicide is a somewhat touchier subject.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23461 Feb 25, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Looks like my location says I'm in Wembley now..
how do you like the new setting? is the view as nice as at your old place? Have you tried the local pub yet?

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23462 Feb 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, EL.
If I may ask!
'why' were you angry in yesterday's post
to me
if you say you don't mind ANY subject discussed
on 'El's Kitchen'?
I kinda don't get clearly WHAT you mean..
You were leaving for a break..
and you returned in hours?
why, El?
Maybe better to get it all out into the
open so we know 'what' and 'what NOT to say'
I have a thread called CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECTS
which might be better suited to 'controversial'
topics from hereon...
Speaking of
putting oneself on another's shoes.
My longtime best friend was buried just ...
5 days ago!
I can't stress enough how very sorry I was to hear of your
friend passing away, we all were Grace, it just doesn't seem
possible I know, when one minute they are seemingly quite well,
and in such a short space of time...
A wonderful thing to have a Wake...more should adopt that tradition.

Now Grace, old habits die hard, and this morning without thinking,
I logged in to the kitchen thread as I do every day. Saw Franko's post, which I knew I had given him cause to say, and felt I had to reply...and besides which, Sir Tally was waiting for some brek! lol
Can you accept I was having a 'bad hair day'? and that Yesterday is dead and gone. My apologies for the delay in replying to you...have been out most of the afternoon...
and to say thankyou for the lovely links...I have yet to watch the
Russian 'cat lady' will play that on my laptop in the comfort of my bed shortly...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23463 Feb 25, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Okay, am here..
GOSSIP CHATTING..I see..I think the Top Mods SHOULD pull the thread about stacked and proud BEING "doable"??.. Slander of a. Offbeat Chick..a REALLY Nice person!! IS this the TYPE of subjects WE really want to see on Offbeat?? Sexual Overtones.. of Degrading one of our regulars WHO survived..Laura Beth's... MEANESS?? This thread needs to be pulled!!... AND this stale piece of Banana Bread..YUCK!!
just have them more it to the human sexuality forum ...???

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23464 Feb 25, 2013
type .. "more" should be "move" ...

I was just being sarcastic .. i agree such a thread is in poor taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Dogen 132,222
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 10 min dragoon70056 4,102
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 17 min Mona Leeza 82
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min Mona Leeza 7,528
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 36 min dragoon70056 124
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 77,647
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,948
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 25,564
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr Princess Hey 173
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr _hellbilly_ 152,433