23,041 - 23,060 of 35,991 Comments Last updated 36 min ago

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23425 Feb 24, 2013
AKA - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Denny,,, OHHHH, aren't we all glad he's gone? I hate to be that way,,, but I am. I do believe in capitol punishment. DEATH as quickly as possible with only a few bologna sandwiches while they wait..... NOT DECADES down the road and that goes for BATMAN shooter and all others that are guilty without a doubt. Sorry, I do NOT care if they have a mental illness either. DEATH to KILLERS of innocent lives.
Hope you are well.
HI FOLKS,,, nice to see you again.
Peace regardless ... worth an extra step in my book.
Thanks for letting me share and your kindness each time I slip
through your doors. You really do have a wonderful place here Ms El.
:)
I agree completely Trish

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23426 Feb 24, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Scones and jam and clotted creme :) Yes please
Hey Sir!

Watch that there waistline(:

(Hi Denny, Happy Sunday)

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23427 Feb 24, 2013
For 'Dondo Dork'

& 'AKA Trish'

SO very sorry to read the sad contents of both
your posts..

Dying by one's own hand IS
the most difficult of ALL deaths
to deal with AND come to terms with..

Days spent forever asking 'Why'

'Was there anything I could have done'

but I think there never really is!

In a hidden corner of the mind of that person,
a decision is made and they take their secret
away with them.

HEARTFELT thoughts to you both.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#23428 Feb 24, 2013
Just my thoughts. The loss of anyone or anything that we are attached to is overwhelming. Whether we show outward emotion or keep it inside, trying to hide the pain and anguish, it takes its' toll on us in many ways. There is no right way or wrong way to deal with it. People mean well when they offer words of comfort, we know most people are saying it from the heart, but does it really help? Eventually, we are all left alone to deal with our grief, and during that time, no one knows that we need to be comforted more then any other time. People, get wrapped up in their own personal lives, as it should be, and we still grieve. Days, weeks, months down the road, we really want others to hang on to us long after they believe it is relatively safe to move on. Anyone who has suffered a loss, maybe more dramatic to others then to us, please know, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. With that being said, I do want to wish everyone a Happeeeeeeeeeeeee Sinday, and better days ahead for those that are dealing with intolerable suffering.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#23429 Feb 24, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
For 'Dondo Dork'
& 'AKA Trish'
SO very sorry to read the sad contents of both
your posts..
Dying by one's own hand IS
the most difficult of ALL deaths
to deal with AND come to terms with..
Days spent forever asking 'Why'
'Was there anything I could have done'
but I think there never really is!
In a hidden corner of the mind of that person,
a decision is made and they take their secret
away with them.
HEARTFELT thoughts to you both.
Thank you Grace! The "why" is the reason I think I can't let go. I knew the reason "why" for my mom, even knew that she would do it. There was no stopping her, even had her committed at one point but in CA a 3 day hold without a court order is the best you can do. By the time we could get that court order, she was gone. I don't dwell on my mom, like I said before, we all knew why. I don't know what I would do if something happened to one of my children or grandchildren so I understand her desire to be with him. My brother died June 1, 2005 and my mother killed herself 1 day prior to the two year anniversary of his death. May 31, 2007. I try to be in CA each year from May-June 11th.(my dads bday) I just can't bare the thought of him being alone on those days.

Chatty said to tell you hello!

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23430 Feb 24, 2013
This was to be a weekend of relaxation after a stressful week with one thing and another.

As you yourself said Grace...Tony brought calm and balm to our minds with his intentions for yesterday.

Sadly, my own weekend was overshadowed by the past.

'Philosophical'? Me? Make that conditioned. As after losing the most precious people to me at an early age, and witnessing, at the age of 10, the woman who was to be my guardian, attempt to fling herself into the grave of my Grandmother, I, at that point in time 'conditioned' myself to believe that death was inevitable and should be handled with DIGNITY. Lost many since those far flung days, nursed my Mother until she passed, lost my brothers two, it hasn't been an easy time.

And you know what. I am still grieving for the loss of my bloody cats who I had to have euthenized but a short time ago.

So there you have it...and thanks for bringing it all back.

If anybody wants to contact me who has my e-mail addie...feel free.

I'm done here.

Manchester, UK

#23431 Feb 24, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Grace! The "why" is the reason I think I can't let go. I knew the reason "why" for my mom, even knew that she would do it. There was no stopping her, even had her committed at one point but in CA a 3 day hold without a court order is the best you can do. By the time we could get that court order, she was gone. I don't dwell on my mom, like I said before, we all knew why. I don't know what I would do if something happened to one of my children or grandchildren so I understand her desire to be with him. My brother died June 1, 2005 and my mother killed herself 1 day prior to the two year anniversary of his death. May 31, 2007. I try to be in CA each year from May-June 11th.(my dads bday) I just can't bare the thought of him being alone on those days.
You have my heartfelt sympathy and understanding. My Dad committed suicide too, when I was eight years of age. My
youngest brother was 3 months old.

I had a dream one night, this a few years ago. I dreamt that my little brother met his Dad in Heaven for the first time since our Dad died. The following morning I learnt my Brother had died, he was 60 but it was unexpected.

So sorry for your losses DD and really good to see you in thye kitchen. I will be giving it a miss for a while....it's in good hands..

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23432 Feb 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
This was to be a weekend of relaxation after a stressful week with one thing and another.
As you yourself said Grace...Tony brought calm and balm to our minds with his intentions for yesterday.
'Philosophical'? Me? Make that conditioned. As after losing the most precious people to me at an early age, and witnessing, at the age of 10, the woman who was to be my guardian, attempt to fling herself into the grave of my Grandmother, I, at that point in time 'conditioned' myself to believe that death was inevitable and should be handled with DIGNITY. Lost many since those far flung days, nursed my Mother until she passed, lost my brothers two, it hasn't been an easy time.
And you know what. I am still grieving for the loss of my bloody cats who I had to have euthenized but a short time ago.
I'm done here.
I'm very sorry to hear this El,
and I sense an anger in your post,
I know you explained about it having been a stressful
week, and I'm so sorry to hear that;

I sincerely hope, by my starting on
the subject of
'grief' here, I haven't added to it.

Would NOT wish that.

Manchester, UK

#23433 Feb 24, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sorry to hear this El,
and I sense an anger in your post,
I know you explained about it having been a stressful
week, and I'm so sorry to hear that;
I sincerely hope, by my starting on
the subject of
'grief' here, I haven't added to it.
Would NOT wish that.
Thanks Grace....no, no more so than I encouraged discussions
on guns, politics, etc., I just need a break from thinking, lol.

My love and best wishes to everyone here.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23434 Feb 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Grace....no, no more so than I encouraged discussions
on guns, politics, etc., I just need a break from thinking, lol.
My love and best wishes to everyone here.
You enjoy..
and benefit from that break..El,

You deserve it.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23435 Feb 24, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very caring to manage to
be with your Dad 'on the day'
can't always be easy..

I've often seen you talk
so lovingly of him, on the threads..
great you still have him near...
at a good age [as I recall from your posts]

life has it's compensations.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23436 Feb 24, 2013
Vee wrote:
Just my thoughts. The loss of anyone or anything that we are attached to is overwhelming. Whether we show outward emotion or keep it inside, trying to hide the pain and anguish, it takes its' toll on us in many ways. There is no right way or wrong way to deal with it. People mean well when they offer words of comfort, we know most people are saying it from the heart, but does it really help? Eventually, we are all left alone to deal with our grief, and during that time, no one knows that we need to be comforted more then any other time. People, get wrapped up in their own personal lives, as it should be, and we still grieve. Days, weeks, months down the road, we really want others to hang on to us long after they believe it is relatively safe to move on. Anyone who has suffered a loss, maybe more dramatic to others then to us, please know, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. With that being said, I do want to wish everyone a Happeeeeeeeeeeeee Sinday, and better days ahead for those that are dealing with intolerable suffering.
That is a WONDERFUL.. enlightening
post, Vee..

you got to the heart of the matter in so many words.

Here's an example
Confirming exactly what you said.. >>

I remember when X died,

Y was all around her offering help: time: and assistance..everything ..

but after a period of say 3 months when X was still not
coming to terms with the death..
Y was heard to say

'I'm growing a little impatient with her now,
3 months? and STILL grieving,
she'll have to cop on and pull herself together'

That was ALL wrong of course,
like you say,
there is no time limit on 'grief'
person to person,
we are all SO different..
and, yes, we are all on our own
in the end... to make the best
of it.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23437 Feb 24, 2013
I felt I 'HAD' to post
this..

shades of our El here in this video -
another .. giving .. generous spirit...
I'm sure we'll all
agree.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#23438 Feb 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I'm done here.
Hmmm ... up to now i felt like the kitchen was a place we can discuss anything .. but I hear your message clear and strong EL .... perhaps there are some things better left out of this thread, perhaps talked about in a different thread more related to such emotional subjects as this???

I apologize for my part in this discussion in your thread EL...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23439 Feb 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm ... up to now i felt like the kitchen was a place we can discuss anything .. but I hear your message clear and strong EL .... perhaps there are some things better left out of this thread, perhaps talked about in a different thread more related to such emotional subjects as this???
well i for one dont agree,
IMO there is no shame in expressing grief over someone who has passed away, or for that matter someone u love that is still here, but suffering.
to me, getting all of ur feelings out in the open is a healthy alternative than keeping it all inside. we as humans, have all kinds of emotions to deal with in life and those who are able to face them head on are by far a stronger person - even if it means that at first they will have to fall apart to become whole again.
so, i for one would never apologize for talking about my feelings. and the people who care about my feelings - would never ask that of me.

but this is cyber world, maybe the rules are different here..

take care Franko - always be true to urself.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23440 Feb 25, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
well i for one dont agree,
IMO there is no shame in expressing grief over someone who has passed away, or for that matter someone u love that is still here, but suffering.
to me, getting all of ur feelings out in the open is a healthy alternative than keeping it all inside. we as humans, have all kinds of emotions to deal with in life and those who are able to face them head on are by far a stronger person - even if it means that at first they will have to fall apart to become whole again.
so, i for one would never apologize for talking about my feelings. and the people who care about my feelings - would never ask that of me.
but this is cyber world, maybe the rules are different here..
take care Franko - always be true to urself.
GREAT post..

Good Morning to you.

Springlike here today.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23441 Feb 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm ... up to now i felt like the kitchen was a place we can discuss anything .. but I hear your message clear and strong EL .... perhaps there are some things better left out of this thread, perhaps talked about in a different thread more related to such emotional subjects as this???
Franko,
Interesting post,
You know what all this reminds me off,

and what I'm about to say mind sound odd,
but an interesting profile of 'humankind'
and meant as a compliment.

I remember years ago, in a rural town where
I lived,
the picturesque local CHURCH was a focal point,
where 'fellas' and women too used always gather,

their backs to the church railings,
chatting away, sharing anecdotes and local relatively
harmless gossip.

Several times the Priests tried to move them on,
until eventually the priest priest 'EXPLODED' and devoted
his Sunday sermon to the subject
saying>

"I'm sick and tired of layabouts constantly assembling
outside the church, smoking,
throwing cigarette buts around: laughing so
loudly, sometimes, it can be heard during the service,
discussing 'sport' and 'backing horses' and 'going to the pub'
NOW!
CLEAR OFF, and take this raucous behaviour
elsewhere'

but,
what he never saw was ..
it was a meeting point,
that had a warm familiarity about it
a place of friendship and good feeling..

and you know what?

it is the same there to this day!
The priests words fell on deaf ears(:

That is NOT of course to say,
posters to El's are layabouts(:

but..'you get my meaning'

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23442 Feb 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
GREAT post..
Good Morning to you.
Springlike here today.
thanks.
just saying what i feel. lol

there's a tree around here thats already got buds on it, so spring is near! woooo hoooo

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23443 Feb 25, 2013
if any one ordered a breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato...I'm in, if not, just a coffee
Krypteia

Edinburgh, UK

#23444 Feb 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>why is he going to Denmark?
Hello Franko,his girlfriend is Danish and still at college so he said he'll go over to work there as such,the longest he's ever been over there is three weeks,lol,think he will be home within two months to be honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Tom2Tone 145,261
Big dawg 11 min Big dawg 407
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 19 min Petal Power 28,508
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 20 min mr goodwrench 137,495
What's your tip for the day? 23 min Petal Power 810
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min Subduction Zone 115,247
Fergson Police Dept. 31 min TALLYHO 8541 393
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min Spirit67_ 18,594
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••