“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23356 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks El,yeah that last minute goal was a bit spectacular alright kept us in,lol,just looking forward to England tomorrow..
The Federal government will spend 15 billion more this year than last year and the democrats call this a 85 billion dollar cut. Obama was on TV with a row of police behind him as props giving a laundry list of all the dire results of no meat inspectors longer lines at the air ports, teachers being laid off all because they are reducing the amount of growth in spending. We will still spend more but they call that a cut. I am amazed at the ability of politicians being able to lie without the media calling them on it. The media is in the tank for liberals :(

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#23357 Feb 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring you say Grace? I woke up to several inches of snow. Apparently the groundhog was wrong - winter is still upon us here in the Midwest.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy your lovely wearher.
Indeed! I wouldn't wonder!

Altho' it's Spring,

It's cold enough here too for a shower or
two of snow/sleet.,,
but frosty nights make sun filled days.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#23358 Feb 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks yuo Grace ...
When I was younger I never knew about the concept of a "wake" but now that I have found out about it, I feel this is a good, thing ... a way to bring thoughts back to the positive and to bring closure, and a chance for those who all knew the deceased to perhaps find some comfort in each other as well.
I couldn't agree more, Franko,
I was just saying so.. the other night.
to a friend -
the idea of a wake is psychologically VERY
beneficial, first honouring the deceased
in their own house 'there's something special
about that'

AND

as you say, a gathering in of friends: neighbours:
and relatives, to laugh, cry,'wander down memory
lane' tell stories, each one different,
of special memories of the deceased
loved one.

All told, a wonderful idea.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23359 Feb 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>i have a plan, going to visit the monkeys (grandkids) havent seen them in a couple weeks, should be interesting watching 3 lil girls running around making all That noise. lol
hope urs is much quieter! lol

i was wondering also about Luke, hopefully hes just taking a lil rest...
Sounds like a plan....and an enjoyable one at that!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23360 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>because their military was acting ....

helps to read the UN resolution . I mean read it
and we weren't invited .... until Kuwait asked..

my dad asked the same thing... when his entire family was sent to a concentration camp.. because his MOM was a teacher and his Dad was a aircraft worker and simply because the rest were home ....

helps to read the UN resolution . I mean read it

now my MOM was a little luckier she only had a Mussolini

as I recall Britain/France said the same thing to Hitler

do you know what they did??? NOTHING sat and watched
That's my point....we pick and choose who to 'help' and then try to make it about the citizenry who are oppressed. The Iraqis did not ask for anyone's help. I wasn't around, but didn't some the Europeans under Hitler ask for international assistance?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23361 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
point.... may wish to ask Lady El she was there in person , something called the Blitz , England was wonder where was the USA...
I think you just answered my question.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23362 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why you keep harping on about this, needless to say I didn't mean that ALL the general public are criminals, but rather, Once Upon A Time, criminals came under the category of just the general public. As is the case illustrated here by Grace, one minute a member of the general public, next, a 'hero' of the Paralympics, followed by a criminal...or suspected criminal.
I hope I have managed to clear that up....:)
I realize that Texas have their own way of dealing with things also....
What was I harping on? I must have misunderstood something since I came in the midst of a conversation between you & Denny.

I steadfastly disagree with Denny on guns. Every opportunity he has, he touts gun laws, concealed carry, and makes the 2nd Amendment sound like a carte blanch absolute right to have a gun....which it isn't and doesn't.

I thought his remark about about the 'general public' excluded himself from the category and suggested everyone else in a criminal, therefore he has every right to shoot someone.

As far as the Pistorius (sp?), I have not commented on that as I have not been following any of it so I have nothing to say.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23363 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Tally...I would like you to know that I really feel your
pain..and I grieve for the past.
I can't begin to imagine even with the stories shared throughout my life. The provisions in the US were nothing compared to the goings on in Europe. I have no idea why the President waited. Need to brush up on my history.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23364 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Took my son to Gatwick as he's off to Denmark not sure how long for,pretty upset going to miss him,(hopefully he will only stick it for a month then be home)well anyway it was sleeting and bits of snow at the airport and the same here at home,but it's freezing haven't felt this cold in a while that's for sure.
You have more than one? I recall your son was seriously ill with croup was it? I hope he is now fully recovered and doing all the things kids do these days.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23365 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I think I shall hibernate until it warms up again. It looks lovely
from the inside, but the ground is rock solid.
I agree with you about the media Grace, the price they pay for being a 'celeb' hard on the families too.
I dread to think of him being imprisoned...but then again, a life was taken....
If only we could hibernate like the bears!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23366 Feb 22, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn there were 500 WMDs found left from the first war. Everyone including Sadam's generals thought there were big stock piles of WMD's. Clinton thought there were
So does that mean just because you 'think' your neighbor is amassing weapons you can break into his house and kill him first ?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23367 Feb 22, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I just make you think you have seen a miracle :) Do you believe in ESP ? Then do you believe in ESPN the physic sports network :)
I tend to believe that some people do in fact have a gift. Label it what you will. But it's intuition or energy or awareness. It has been said that humans only use a small fraction of the brain. Perhaps some can tap into it more than others.

No ESP in the psychic hotline sense but in the sense that some have a gift the rest may not.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23368 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! I wouldn't wonder!

Altho' it's Spring,

It's cold enough here too for a shower or
two of snow/sleet.,,
but frosty nights make sun filled days.
At least it's beautiful and without the wind 27 degrees (-2.7C) didn't feel too bad.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#23369 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Grace,of course it would be something you would have to live with for the rest of your life I agree with you,the problem is there is no real deterrent or justice as such when caught.
To be far the Americans don't fanny around at least when they give a punishment you get a punishment the problem I have is the bleeding heart brigade making excuses for them,you know well they hard a hard life,no father,nothing to occupy their minds and so and making it feel like it's your fault they broke into your house.
The thing is what I got I worked and payed for a no toe rag is going to enter my place and take,it might sound to you I'm being big or whatever but I honestly have no problem hurting anybody trying to take..
Anyway hope you have a good day babes and hope Ireland will do ok this weekend..xx
I would not be so worreid about things they can take, it's not worth risking a life over that.

The bigger fear, and the one referenced in the Pistorious case, is that home invasion can result in phsical violence, rapes and murder. And South Africa apparently has a very bad situation of home invasoins involving violence these days.

That represents a smaller portion of all break ins but it is the fear of what harm might be done that can provoke a defence with force.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23370 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
then the intruder would know that the gun was not pointing at the door!
he's inside a bathroom, nowhere to go .. what does it matter?

the point being, that the girlfriend, if it was her, would answer and he would no he has it dealing with an intruduer. No answer or an answer from someone other than his GF, and he knows he does have an intruder.

This is the flaw I see in the scenario ... he had TIME because of this and a chance to verify what;s what ... a shooting would more likely occur if they were in a face to face confrontation ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23371 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Took my son to Gatwick as he's off to Denmark not sure how long for,pretty upset going to miss him,(hopefully he will only stick it for a month then be home)well anyway it was sleeting and bits of snow at the airport and the same here at home,but it's freezing haven't felt this cold in a while that's for sure.
why is he going to Denmark?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#23372 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
then the intruder would know that the gun was not pointing at the door!
By the way EL ... I am taking the appraoch in our discussion, to put myself in the prosecution's shoes and think about what they would say in court.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#23373 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Tony....freezing literally...went down to the Co-op
earlier and 100 years of the road was like a sheet of glass
where the water had frozen solid. We are in for a cold spell
again apparently, but did you see the footage of the golf on
the news this morning in Arizona....a white out there, so
should be thankful for small mercies.
Any sailing in the offing?
Still catching up - the boat is ashore at the moment for repairs and anti-fouling. Already fully booked for the Round the Island Race, have a training weekend in April for the crew and a teaching course at the beginning of May, so the work is starting to arrive however slowly. However, holiday time before that - hope to be in the States in another month.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

#23374 Feb 22, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Lets hope in prison they are someones virgin :)
No danger of that - they are butt ugly!!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

#23375 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
'Assumption' isn't good enough, Denny
what about common dialogue?
ie.
to the burglar
'I have a gun here and if you don't get the *ell
out of my house now -
or give yourself up -
I'll shoot'
that would be 'some' kind of fair chance to give
anyone.
Hope you'll excuse me for saying
NO wonder guns ' been have been' and 'are getting so many
folks into trouble 'over there'
Interesting that armed police and the military have to shout a warning before they open fire, but ordinary members of the public don't?

I cannot for the life of me believe Oscar's story. He knew his girlfriend was in the house. He went off to find his gun, came back and fired through the door. Wtf? Shades of O J Simpson in my mind - the bloke had a record of violence towards women. Now we'll have to await the trial in June, but celebrity seems to have a different set of laws to ordinary folk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 min Old Sam 3,182
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 5 min Old Sam 14,124
Things that make life eaiser... 8 min Zani Grey 147
motorcycle traveling stories 10 min Mega Monster 614
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Karl 161,095
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 13 min Old Sam 4,829
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 15 min Old Sam 31,551
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr -ThatsAllFolks- 161,505
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr mr goodwrench 8,370
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 hr Cyan in CA 113
More from around the web