Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23336 Feb 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i know how grace feels, i feel that way too. and maybe women tend to think a little different than men. not sure, or maybe its just we tend to "think" we know what we will do when faced with this type situation. but recently our house got robbed, we werent home at the time, and i might point out that we dont own a gun, not a big fan of them for my own reasons, BUT i have to say, the way i felt when we returned - it probably Was a good thing we dont. he may not be here today, with my temper being the way it is. lol
:)
I'm sorry that's happened to you babes,but people have to take responsibility for their actions and you know it's wrong to break into someone's house rummage through their private things and steal things that are close to your heart..The problem is in my country the criminal is the victim and your the criminal it feels.
When my younger brother nearly got charged for beating an intruder you would have thought well though you shouldn't have been there,but not with the rubbish we have for justice,he actually said to the police if I get prosecuted for protecting my home next time I'll kill the next one,hasten to add the police didn't like that especially when he turned round and said that your as much use as a chocolate fire guard anyway,lol,My brother is ex RN and doesn't much around.
eleanorigby

Cleveleys, UK

#23337 Feb 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Making the point that we are all the general public, so his blanket statement makes us all criminals - including him. What goes on in Texas is not representative of what goes on in every state or the country as a whole.
And our 'rights' are not carved in stone or absolute. There are caveats to all of them. To suggest otherwise is misleading.
I don't understand why you keep harping on about this, needless to say I didn't mean that ALL the general public are criminals, but rather, Once Upon A Time, criminals came under the category of just the general public. As is the case illustrated here by Grace, one minute a member of the general public, next, a 'hero' of the Paralympics, followed by a criminal...or suspected criminal.
I hope I have managed to clear that up....:)
I realize that Texas have their own way of dealing with things also....
eleanorigby

Cleveleys, UK

#23338 Feb 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>he can shout from around the corner down the hall ...
then the intruder would know that the gun was not pointing at the door!
eleanorigby

Cleveleys, UK

#23339 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Spring Morning ..
Different views El,
Foolish of course were one to stand
outside the door and utter those words,
but choose a safe angle and warn the
intruder, is what was on my mind.
then not so foolish to inform him there is
a weapon between them..
a scare tactic...
you having more freedom to move around,
he being confined in a small space.
having said all that,
I suppose one would have to be there
to 'know' ALL the details.
SAD case no matter what way one looks at it.
'Afternoon Grace...absolutely freezing here, but at least
dry. Snow down South I believe.
The sad thing about the case we are talking about. He was
almost yesterday's news, speaking for myself I was hard pushed to recall his name. Now it is everybody's lips for a totally different reason. Life is strange.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Cleveleys, UK

#23340 Feb 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
the first thing i thought about when i heard this story, Was that he being handicapped like that would make it a different situation as to how he "might" react with an intruder coming to his home, i "think" it would have to be totally different than another man who has his legs, i think he Would feel and Be more vulnerable. but once i started hearing more of the story, at this point, it really doesnt look good - he does in my mind now, seem guilty. but im a wishy washy type person, one day i'll hear a new piece to the puzzle and i'll think nah he didnt do it, next day might be something different. lol - i hope i never get called for a murder trial with jury duty, or i should say, the guy on trial should hope. lol
Happy Weekend Guys!
:)
I must be wishy washy as well as that is how I am..but I think it's only natural to regard things differently when new bits of evidence come along.
I must admit when I first heard of this tragedy, my first thought was does he expect to be shown leniency because of who he is and how popular he is, he is very well loved in his country. I never did 'buy' the burglar excuse.

Enjoy your weekend with the little ones PFfff....:)

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23341 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
because their military was acting ....
helps to read the UN resolution . I mean read it
and we weren't invited .... until Kuwait asked..
my dad asked the same thing... when his entire family was sent to a concentration camp.. because his MOM was a teacher and his Dad was a aircraft worker and simply because the rest were home ....
now my MOM was a little luckier she only had a Mussolini
as I recall Britain/France said the same thing to Hitler
do you know what they did??? NOTHING sat and watched
It is my understanding that is quite true...an appeasement plan was in operation and an agreement with Poland was in force that if Poland were attacked, Britain would enter the war. On cue, when Poland did come under attack, Britain and France declared war.

I really do not know about Belgium/Holland...

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23342 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
because their military was acting ....
and we weren't invited .... until Kuwait asked..
my dad asked the same thing... when his entire family was sent to a concentration camp.. because his MOM was a teacher and his Dad was a aircraft worker and simply because the rest were home ....
now my MOM was a little luckier she only had a Mussolini
as I recall Britain/France said the same thing to Hitler
do you know what they did??? NOTHING sat and watched
Sir Tally...I would like you to know that I really feel your
pain..and I grieve for the past.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#23343 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Grace...absolutely freezing here, but at least
dry. Snow down South I believe.
The sad thing about the case we are talking about. He was
almost yesterday's news, speaking for myself I was hard pushed to recall his name. Now it is everybody's lips for a totally different reason. Life is strange.
So true that, El...

It is a tragedy no matter 'how' it happened..
and I fully agree,
the media delight in pulling such high profile
cases to bits.

You are honest, and I also admit> following
your example..
Until all this, I didn't properly know his name either!!

Same here El,
we cannot believe HOW v cold it is,
and apparently no change is expected
til the middle of next week.

shiver(:
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23344 Feb 22, 2013
Took my son to Gatwick as he's off to Denmark not sure how long for,pretty upset going to miss him,(hopefully he will only stick it for a month then be home)well anyway it was sleeting and bits of snow at the airport and the same here at home,but it's freezing haven't felt this cold in a while that's for sure.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23345 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir Tally...I would like you to know that I really feel your
pain..and I grieve for the past.
that I appreciate , but ate me up to see Mom/Pop suffer in silence ....

my point is blaming Iraq on anyone but Saddam himself is nonsense ....

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23346 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
that I appreciate , but ate me up to see Mom/Pop suffer in silence ....
my point is blaming Iraq on anyone but Saddam himself is nonsense ....
They suffered more than most..cannot share such things with kids, they had each other and each would understand.
I 'get' your point, and thanks for setting it straight.

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23347 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
So true that, El...
It is a tragedy no matter 'how' it happened..
and I fully agree,
the media delight in pulling such high profile
cases to bits.
You are honest, and I also admit> following
your example..
Until all this, I didn't properly know his name either!!
Same here El,
we cannot believe HOW v cold it is,
and apparently no change is expected
til the middle of next week.
shiver(:
I think I shall hibernate until it warms up again. It looks lovely
from the inside, but the ground is rock solid.
I agree with you about the media Grace, the price they pay for being a 'celeb' hard on the families too.
I dread to think of him being imprisoned...but then again, a life was taken....

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23348 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Took my son to Gatwick as he's off to Denmark not sure how long for,pretty upset going to miss him,(hopefully he will only stick it for a month then be home)well anyway it was sleeting and bits of snow at the airport and the same here at home,but it's freezing haven't felt this cold in a while that's for sure.
A wonderful experience for your son Krypteia, he will be fine
and loads to share with you when he comes home.
btw Congrats on Spurs amazing last minute goal and getting through to the next round. I didn't watch it but heard it from the kitchen and heard P cheering he had watched it all the way through.
I did watch Liverpool's second leg later, they played brilliantly
sadly didn't get that extra goal they needed.
All set for tomorrow?....:)

“MEOW!”

Cleveleys, UK

#23349 Feb 22, 2013
Toasted teacakes and frothy coffee for tea...

Made a very nice chili-con-carne last night
with Quorn.

Lightly fry Quorn mince and one large chopped up onion until brown. Add a can of chopped tomatoes, followed by a can of kidney beans, drained, preferably organic, and mix in a packet of Swartz Chili-con-Carne seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve with Basmati rice. Or Long grain rice.

Filling, warming, healthy.
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23350 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A wonderful experience for your son Krypteia, he will be fine
and loads to share with you when he comes home.
btw Congrats on Spurs amazing last minute goal and getting through to the next round. I didn't watch it but heard it from the kitchen and heard P cheering he had watched it all the way through.
I did watch Liverpool's second leg later, they played brilliantly
sadly didn't get that extra goal they needed.
All set for tomorrow?....:)
Thanks El,yeah that last minute goal was a bit spectacular alright kept us in,lol,just looking forward to England tomorrow..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23351 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>For me reasoning would be you have no right to enter my house no matter what time and frighten my family and take my things..
Now the American judicial system is far better longer sentences tougher conditions and not the human rights wrap them up in cotton wool rubbish we have here.
My brother nearly got charged believe it or not for beating a burglar up in his house can you believe it,my brother said if he got prosecuted for it next time it ever happens he just as well kill him..
I find it hard to believe and they call it justice

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23352 Feb 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Different congress. Plus Bush suckered them into believing there were WMDs.
Quinn there were 500 WMDs found left from the first war. Everyone including Sadam's generals thought there were big stock piles of WMD's. Clinton thought there were

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23353 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
They suffered more than most..cannot share such things with kids, they had each other and each would understand.
I 'get' your point, and thanks for setting it straight.
El I just watched a great movie called Red Light. Dinero is great in it. It is about physics and fraud. As you know I am very interested in magic so I just love this stuff. There is a great magician who specializes in fooling scientist in what they think are controlled test. There is nothing a magician like more than fooling other magicians :) I am also a hypnotist and can make people think they saw things that weren't there so I can duplicate miracles :)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23354 Feb 22, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El I just watched a great movie called Red Light. Dinero is great in it. It is about physics and fraud. As you know I am very interested in magic so I just love this stuff. There is a great magician who specializes in fooling scientist in what they think are controlled test. There is nothing a magician like more than fooling other magicians :) I am also a hypnotist and can make people think they saw things that weren't there so I can duplicate miracles :)
. WHOA!! Ya DO KNOW.
THAT... GOD listens to every THOUGHT..YOU are gonna have some EXPLAINING to DUPLICATING MIRACLES!!.. Sure AS FREAK..I WOULDN'T want to be in your shoes... WHEN the LIGHTNING BOLT strikes ya!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23355 Feb 22, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>. WHOA!! Ya DO KNOW.
THAT... GOD listens to every THOUGHT..YOU are gonna have some EXPLAINING to DUPLICATING MIRACLES!!.. Sure AS FREAK..I WOULDN'T want to be in your shoes... WHEN the LIGHTNING BOLT strikes ya!!!
LOL I just make you think you have seen a miracle :) Do you believe in ESP ? Then do you believe in ESPN the physic sports network :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 10 min A Noted Ferrerman 11
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 11 min dragoon70056 3,469
True or False Game 13 min Aka - Alias 353
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 13 min dragoon70056 514
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min dragoon70056 22,215
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min dirtclod 120,764
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 33 min Aka - Alias 23
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 41 min Aka - Alias 6,826
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Wolftracks 148,941

Weird People Search