Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23316 Feb 22, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I agree he did it PF. Grace's question was about who would shoot a burglar. I would shoot a burglar :)
but my point was really - Did he Really think it was a burglar? at this point from what ive heard, i no longer think thats the case.

when i first heard about this young man, i was really inspired by him, he took a big negative in his life and turned it into a positive, in spite of all the odds against him. he had the world in his hands, and now its turned upside down and no matter what the truth to all of this murder is, once again his life will be an uphill battle.
it just shows that all of us are given choices, every action leads to a reaction and Any one of us could commit murder, no matter whether its to defend urself, an accident, or u meant to do it. i find that scarey..

Location hidden

#23317 Feb 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I have a theory about all this ..
They say they fonud evidence of steroid use .... what if she was being a goldigger and threatened to publicize his cheating? At the very least maybe she was threatening to break up with him?
They apparently argued loudly for over an hour before the shots were fired ...
interesting.. i hadnt thought about the steriod theory, and i may be wrong but i thought that was discounted already. but i dont think the theory of goldigger is it either, they Both were people sitting on top of the world, had Everything going right for them, she was a model and just did that tv reality show, and probably others things i dont know about. the breakup seems to the most likely (in my thinking anyway) but even that who knows, the reports from the people who knew them, all say they were a happy couple, but nobody really knows whats going on in other peoples lives. i actually feel sorry for them, so much going right for them and now its all gone..

Location hidden

#23318 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
We all seem to be judging one person, namely
Oscar Pistorius...can I suggest we put ourselves
in the frame, as to what we would do under such
circumstances, perhaps alone in the house, an
intruder present.
To be honest, I am beginning to see things in
a different light, I am not saying an arsenal
now, but do think a householder should be able
to own a gun for protection.
It seems common sense to me.
the first thing i thought about when i heard this story, Was that he being handicapped like that would make it a different situation as to how he "might" react with an intruder coming to his home, i "think" it would have to be totally different than another man who has his legs, i think he Would feel and Be more vulnerable. but once i started hearing more of the story, at this point, it really doesnt look good - he does in my mind now, seem guilty. but im a wishy washy type person, one day i'll hear a new piece to the puzzle and i'll think nah he didnt do it, next day might be something different. lol - i hope i never get called for a murder trial with jury duty, or i should say, the guy on trial should hope. lol

Happy Weekend Guys!
:)

Location hidden

#23319 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Spring Morning ..
Different views El,
Foolish of course were one to stand
outside the door and utter those words,
but choose a safe angle and warn the
intruder, is what was on my mind.
then not so foolish to inform him there is
a weapon between them..
a scare tactic...
you having more freedom to move around,
he being confined in a small space.
having said all that,
I suppose one would have to be there
to 'know' ALL the details.
SAD case no matter what way one looks at it.
yes it really is a sad case. isnt it?

Grace, just wanted to tell u how sorry i am about ur recent loss. as hard as it is for those of us left behind, sometimes its a blessing for those who have to leave this world. and no matter if there is something beyond this life or not, peace Is always better than pain, so she Has, Im sure, found that and u can rejoice with her, in that lasting thought..
>Hugs<
P

Location hidden

#23320 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>For me reasoning would be you have no right to enter my house no matter what time and frighten my family and take my things..
Now the American judicial system is far better longer sentences tougher conditions and not the human rights wrap them up in cotton wool rubbish we have here.
My brother nearly got charged believe it or not for beating a burglar up in his house can you believe it,my brother said if he got prosecuted for it next time it ever happens he just as well kill him..
just wanted to say - Hi Handsome.
hee
:O)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23321 Feb 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Well I wasn't setting myself apart for a minute, but did state
'all criminals were once just the general public'.....
as yet I have not offended.
Making the point that we are all the general public, so his blanket statement makes us all criminals - including him. What goes on in Texas is not representative of what goes on in every state or the country as a whole.

And our 'rights' are not carved in stone or absolute. There are caveats to all of them. To suggest otherwise is misleading.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23322 Feb 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>well your wrong an Iraqi informant suckered the Cia into believing WMD .. but Saddam killed via orders 3,000 in one afternoon ..... that is mass enough for me , and remember this

Iraqi was still at war with the coalition [37] world countries of the UN .... believe this: ex-pres. sr./jr were at the head of the table , but it was a world table not Bush's table

so how about laying off the Bush crap
If a dictator's mass killing is reason enough to invade a sovereign nation, than why wasn't the US or anyone else going into Rwanda or Haiti or a host of other countries?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23323 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Good Spring Morning ..

Different views El,
Foolish of course were one to stand
outside the door and utter those words,
but choose a safe angle and warn the
intruder, is what was on my mind.
then not so foolish to inform him there is
a weapon between them..
a scare tactic...
you having more freedom to move around,
he being confined in a small space.

having said all that,

I suppose one would have to be there
to 'know' ALL the details.

SAD case no matter what way one looks at it.
Spring you say Grace? I woke up to several inches of snow. Apparently the groundhog was wrong - winter is still upon us here in the Midwest.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your lovely wearher.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23324 Feb 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
the first thing i thought about when i heard this story, Was that he being handicapped like that would make it a different situation as to how he "might" react with an intruder coming to his home, i "think" it would have to be totally different than another man who has his legs, i think he Would feel and Be more vulnerable. but once i started hearing more of the story, at this point, it really doesnt look good - he does in my mind now, seem guilty. but im a wishy washy type person, one day i'll hear a new piece to the puzzle and i'll think nah he didnt do it, next day might be something different. lol - i hope i never get called for a murder trial with jury duty, or i should say, the guy on trial should hope. lol
Happy Weekend Guys!
I agree, as you mentioned in your post,
a LOT of other factors come into play,
some of which, we have no idea about!

What 'IF' he had been somehow cheating ..
in his great achievements...
and the lady friend found evidence of such!

the action he is supposed to have taken.. would be the only SURE way of silencing her!

another possibility..

but

WHY knows ... as you say..

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23325 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Friday to all my fellow diners ! Have a splendid weekend and do something fun. Big plans, little plans just have a plan.

Anyone hear from Deer Whisperer?

Location hidden

#23326 Feb 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Happy Friday to all my fellow diners ! Have a splendid weekend and do something fun. Big plans, little plans just have a plan.
Anyone hear from Deer Whisperer?
i have a plan, going to visit the monkeys (grandkids) havent seen them in a couple weeks, should be interesting watching 3 lil girls running around making all That noise. lol
hope urs is much quieter! lol

i was wondering also about Luke, hopefully hes just taking a lil rest...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23327 Feb 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a dictator's mass killing is reason enough to invade a sovereign nation, than why wasn't the US or anyone else going into Rwanda or Haiti or a host of other countries?
because their military was acting ....

helps to read the UN resolution . I mean read it
and we weren't invited .... until Kuwait asked..

my dad asked the same thing... when his entire family was sent to a concentration camp.. because his MOM was a teacher and his Dad was a aircraft worker and simply because the rest were home ....

helps to read the UN resolution . I mean read it

now my MOM was a little luckier she only had a Mussolini

as I recall Britain/France said the same thing to Hitler

do you know what they did??? NOTHING sat and watched

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23328 Feb 22, 2013
point.... may wish to ask Lady El she was there in person , something called the Blitz , England was wonder where was the USA...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23329 Feb 22, 2013
INFO:1993-1995 - Bosnia. Operation Deny Flight: On April 12, 1993, in response to a United Nations Security Council passage of Resolution 816, U.S. and NATO enforced the no-fly zone over the Bosnian airspace, prohibited all unauthorized flights and allowed to "take all necessary measures to ensure compliance with [the no-fly zone restrictions]."

1993 Macedonia: On July 9, 1993, President Clinton reported the deployment of 350 U.S. soldiers to the Republic of Macedonia to participate in the UN Protection Force to help maintain stability in the area of former Yugoslavia.[RL30172]

1994: Bosnia. Banja Luka incident: NATO become involved in the first combat situation when NATO U.S. Air Force F-16 jets shot down four of the six Bosnian Serb J-21 Jastreb single-seat light attack jets for violating UN-mandated no-fly zone.

19941995 Haiti. Operation Uphold Democracy: U.S. ships had begun embargo against Haiti. Up to 20,000 U.S. military troops were later deployed to Haiti to restore democratically-elected Haiti President Jean-Bertrand Aristide from a military regime which came into power in 1991 after a major coup.[RL30172]

1994 Macedonia: On April 19, 1994, President Clinton reported that the U.S. contingent in Macedonia had been increased by a reinforced company of 200 personnel.[RL30172]
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23330 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi K,
Of course, goes without saying,
no one has a right to enter another
person's
house for the purpose of stealing..
I'd still think long & hard before I'd
pull a gun on that person, and shoot to kill.
something you'd have to live with
for the rest of your life..
but that's just me...
and what we must remember
in the example we are discussing here,
it's all conjecture, perhaps many
more important pieces of info..
that we know NOTHING about, come into
play.
Good day to you K...
Hello Grace,of course it would be something you would have to live with for the rest of your life I agree with you,the problem is there is no real deterrent or justice as such when caught.
To be far the Americans don't fanny around at least when they give a punishment you get a punishment the problem I have is the bleeding heart brigade making excuses for them,you know well they hard a hard life,no father,nothing to occupy their minds and so and making it feel like it's your fault they broke into your house.
The thing is what I got I worked and payed for a no toe rag is going to enter my place and take,it might sound to you I'm being big or whatever but I honestly have no problem hurting anybody trying to take..
Anyway hope you have a good day babes and hope Ireland will do ok this weekend..xx
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23331 Feb 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
just wanted to say - Hi Handsome.
hee
:O)
A very good day to you babes,and nothing wrong with your eyesight I see,lol,xx

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23332 Feb 22, 2013
INFO:
1995 Bosnia. Operation Deliberate Force: In August 30, 1995, U.S. and NATO aircraft began a major bombing campaign of Bosnian Serb Army in response to a Bosnian Serb mortar attack on a Sarajevo market that killed 37 people in August 28, 1995. This operation lasted until September 20, 1995. The air campaign along with a combined allied ground force of Muslim and Croatian Army against Serb positions led to a Dayton agreement in December 1995 with the signing of warring factions of the war. As part of Operation Joint Endeavor, U.S. and NATO dispatched the Implementation Force (IFOR) peacekeepers to Bosnia to uphold the Dayton agreement.[RL30172]

1996 Liberia. Operation Assured Response: On April 11, 1996, President Clinton reported that on April 9, 1996 due to the "deterioration of the security situation and the resulting threat to American citizens" in Liberia he had ordered U.S. military forces to evacuate from that country "private U.S. citizens and certain third-country nationals who had taken refuge in the U.S. Embassy compound...."[RL30172]

1996 Central African Republic. Operation Quick Response: On May 23, 1996, President Clinton reported the deployment of U.S. military personnel to Bangui, Central African Republic, to conduct the evacuation from that country of "private U.S. citizens and certain U.S. government employees", and to provide "enhanced security for the American Embassy in Bangui."[RL30172] United States Marine Corps elements of Joint Task Force Assured Response, responding in nearby Liberia, provided security to the embassy and evacuated 448 people, including between 190 and 208 Americans. The last Marines left Bangui on June 22.

1996 - Bosnia. Operation Joint Guard: In December 21, 1996, U.S. and NATO established the SFOR peacekeepers to replace the IFOR in enforcing the peace under the Dayton agreement.

1997 Albania. Operation Silver Wake: On March 13, 1997, U.S. military forces were used to evacuate certain U.S. government employees and private U.S. citizens from Tirana, Albania.[RL30172]

1997 Congo and Gabon: On March 27, 1997, President Clinton reported on March 25, 1997, a standby evacuation force of U.S. military personnel had been deployed to Congo and Gabon to provide enhanced security and to be available for any necessary evacuation operation.[RL30172]

1997 Sierra Leone: On May 29 and May 30, 1997, U.S. military personnel were deployed to Freetown, Sierra Leone, to prepare for and undertake the evacuation of certain U.S. government employees and private U.S. citizens.[RL30172]

1997 Cambodia: On July 11, 1997, In an effort to ensure the security of American citizens in Cambodia during a period of domestic conflict there, a Task Force of about 550 U.S. military personnel were deployed at Utapao Air Base in Thailand for possible evacuations.[RL30172]

1998 Iraq. Operation Desert Fox: U.S. and British forces conduct a major four-day bombing campaign from December 1619, 1998 on Iraqi targets.[RL30172]

1998 Guinea-Bissau. Operation Shepherd Venture: On June 10, 1998, in response to an army mutiny in Guinea-Bissau endangering the U.S. Embassy, President Clinton deployed a standby evacuation force of U.S. military personnel to Dakar, Senegal, to evacuate from the city of Bissau.[RL30172]

19981999 Kenya and Tanzania: U.S. military personnel were deployed to Nairobi, Kenya, to coordinate the medical and disaster assistance related to the bombing of the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.[RL30172]

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23333 Feb 22, 2013
BUSH's fault huh .... it that enough info: i have a few more years before bush

Location hidden

#23334 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>A very good day to you babes,and nothing wrong with your eyesight I see,lol,xx
lol

not a thing.

Location hidden

#23335 Feb 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Grace,of course it would be something you would have to live with for the rest of your life I agree with you,the problem is there is no real deterrent or justice as such when caught.
To be far the Americans don't fanny around at least when they give a punishment you get a punishment the problem I have is the bleeding heart brigade making excuses for them,you know well they hard a hard life,no father,nothing to occupy their minds and so and making it feel like it's your fault they broke into your house.
The thing is what I got I worked and payed for a no toe rag is going to enter my place and take,it might sound to you I'm being big or whatever but I honestly have no problem hurting anybody trying to take..
Anyway hope you have a good day babes and hope Ireland will do ok this weekend..xx
i know how grace feels, i feel that way too. and maybe women tend to think a little different than men. not sure, or maybe its just we tend to "think" we know what we will do when faced with this type situation. but recently our house got robbed, we werent home at the time, and i might point out that we dont own a gun, not a big fan of them for my own reasons, BUT i have to say, the way i felt when we returned - it probably Was a good thing we dont. he may not be here today, with my temper being the way it is. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Potpourri of Expressions in Words & Rhyme (Sep '12) 12 min Grace Nerissa 785
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 15 min AmyFaith 4,991
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min Crazy Beautiful 5,571
last word - first (Jun '12) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,943
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 23 min Grace Nerissa 24,094
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,976
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 28 min Denny CranesPlace 17,353
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 1 hr beatlesinthebog 14
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 28
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 1 hr Chester 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy Beautiful 146,959
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••