El's Kitchen

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23242 Feb 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose that over extended, unnecessary invasion of a sovereign nation which lasted oh, what at least 10 years, had anything to do with obscene US deficit??
interesting question .. has anyone ever published a true accounting of the cost of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq (Desert Storm) etc etc???

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23243 Feb 20, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>interesting question .. has anyone ever published a true accounting of the cost of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq (Desert Storm) etc etc???
I have no idea. I would think that in this Information Age it would be out there somewhere, by the same token the government may not want to share.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23244 Feb 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El Bush spent far to much. In 8 years he spent 4 trillion dollars but Obama spent 6 trillion in 4 years and is on track to do the same in the next 4 years. The size of our government has expanded greatly. Government employees make far more than their counter parts in the private sector.
I've heard people say that some of that added spendnig now was caused by the failures brought on by the Bush era ... in other words, if the Republicans had won instead of Obamma they would have been forced to spend that as well.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23245 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but Denny, that 4 trillion Bush spent would be valued
at about 10 trillion now ..it's called inflation, and too
many administrators, just the same over here.
I think the inflation might account for 30% of that..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23246 Feb 20, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quinn,
Boomer and I are well had a great weekend, we went to a arts & craft show and then went the next day to see Identity Thief, a great movie. Hope you and yours are well Quinn. Boomer has been kicking my bu** in pool. Hi to all in the kitchen, Lady El, Grace, FC, Denny, Tony, Diamond and all the others who gather in the glorious kitchen. Could I get a cup of hot cider with cinnamon please, it's a bit cold here in Ohio.
Lots of Love to all!
A lot of critics panned that movie but I laughed a lot so it was better than they sad it was.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#23247 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Dear Rose.....
do forgive me for not replying sooner....was hoping to have
some good news on Bailey before I replied....and I have that
this morning in that he has made some improvement in his
recovery...it has been a 'long haul'....
One evening I did something I have never done before and went to
a friend's house in desperation, she is an animal lover, she came back with me and calmed me down.
I don't normally lose it but he had been convulsing.....all is
well now.
Perhaps too much information....after all, he is only a cat! j/k
All the attention you have paid to your garden, and all the love you give it, is paying off...I mean, those annuals refuse to leave you!...:) I always picture my childhood garden, when you mention Iris..Purple Iris and Pink roses were prominent in our garden all those years ago.
Here...the Daffs are out and enjoying the sunshine...alongside the Snowdrops...there is new growth on the Spirea Bridle Wreath I was quite surprised to see.....in spite of the heavy frosts these February mornings.
Take care of you...and the wild beasts...and your garden...
I will do the same.....have a lovely day Dear Rose...
Love-n-Hugs...
Good Morning Lady Eleanor...
Never worry about returning a post to me.. I know life takes preference over correspondence... I'm sorry to hear that Ginger Bailey was having more problems but very happy to know that you have a good neighbor willing to help you when you needed it..
Right now My Sister is fretting over her cat.. She seems to have developed an infection in her milk glands and possibly even tumors.. The infection is draining and I went to the Veterinary Supply store and got some antibiotics to treat the infection.. and My Sister is waiting to see if that will clear up the problem if it doesn't then she will be taking George to the Vet.. I know George is a funny name for a girl cat but it goes to a cartoon where the character says I'm gonna love you and squeeze you and take you home and call you George... I call her Pudding Pie.. after the nursery rhyme..
:o)
While I love roses and consider them to be my favorite flower I have always thought that irises were beautiful and I have always had them in my gardens... I have the tall Purple and White bearded, a light Lavender and a very pretty yellow in my garden right now...
I want to add a few of the pure white ones as well as some of the deep pink this year..
Those crazy Dianthus have surprised me three years running.. I don't know why they don't die back but they don't.. They are a beautiful flower to have in the yard.. I have four varieties..
They get so many blooms on them and add so much color.. When the blooms fade I just cut them back and they bloom all over again..
OK so it's late and I need to get myself to bed... I hope that You and Yours will have a great day today...
Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23248 Feb 20, 2013
WHAT THE FREAK are ya ALL doing g here?? Flower Child's BIRTHDAY bash is at OC's Club..

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#23249 Feb 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
agree with some of your thoughts ....
President is a rich man's contest... and a media backing ... the electoral college does need an overhaul , the two party system still works , any more and congress will be in turmoil all the time ..
but a president should be qualified in politics before seeking office.. a year as a jr. senator to me doesn't endear me with your thumb on the button
LBJ was the most productive president of the USA for civil right than any other..why ... because he had 40 years of political clout
Can't agree about why LBJ was so successful Tally - I think it was more a wave of reaction to JFK's assassination: if you look, many of the civil rights programmes had been introduced and blocked under JFK. Those blocks were dropped after the shooting as the nation recoiled from the murder of its President.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#23250 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Without looking this up, I believe Richard 1 was away at battle when the Barons got together and form the Magna Carta...history might have been different had he not agreed to the laws......
c'est la vie!
I spent some time yesterday reading up on the Civil War.....it is no wonder opinions vary in the kitchen. Quite some history.
Richard was dead by the signing of Magna Carta, he died in 1199, Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It was a reaction by rebellious nobility/church against what they saw as the removal of their privileges by the king. A foreign war that did not go John's way gave them the excuse they needed. Ironically, at the time it was not seen as particularly significant. Here's a link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/middle_a...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#23251 Feb 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Well El if the general public isn't armed then only the criminals are armed. I trust my friends and neighbors to be armed.
This one keeps coming up - yet in the UK where the public is not armed, the level of gun crime is a fraction of that in the US (0.07 and against 2.97 per 100,000 of population). Many of those carrying out the massacres in the USA are not criminals, they are members of the general public who flip. Here's a link to world figures for gun crime:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#23252 Feb 21, 2013
Morning all, been absent for a while on work.

So sorry to hear your news GN, my thoughts are with you.

Cold down here again, so must be freezing up your way ER.

Another weekend of rugby - doubtless K and I will be glued to our respective TV sets!

Have a good one all you good people who frequent the kitchen.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23254 Feb 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Well El if the general public isn't armed then only the criminals are armed. I trust my friends and neighbors to be armed.
The general public ARE the criminals. All criminals were
once just the General Public.
You may remember my mentioning our cat Oliver, whilst
still a kitten, was shot just outside his back gate. Five times, left for dead. Survived.
That was done by the well brought up young boy of a neighbour...
who condoned his son's action by covering up.
Now he is of age, no doubt he would be first in the queue if guns were legalised here.

9999!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23255 Feb 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to see Ohio is going after voter fraud. I saw a woman on TV who voted 4 times. Put them in jail for voter fraud.
I am glad to see Pres. Obama is going to Israel next
month, with a view to bringing about some peace amongst
the Israelites and Palestinians.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23256 Feb 21, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose that over extended, unnecessary invasion of a sovereign nation which lasted oh, what at least 10 years, had anything to do with obscene US deficit??
Yep, and thanks to Blair, who went in with Bush, we are also
increasig the Nntional Debt, not to mention the number of lives lost.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23257 Feb 21, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard was dead by the signing of Magna Carta, he died in 1199, Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It was a reaction by rebellious nobility/church against what they saw as the removal of their privileges by the king. A foreign war that did not go John's way gave them the excuse they needed. Ironically, at the time it was not seen as particularly significant. Here's a link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/middle_a...
I knew he wasn't around! Things never are particularly
significant at the time, who knew how it would shape the
future.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23258 Feb 21, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
But will a cheerleader be wearing it??
Well there's always S & P....:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23259 Feb 21, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I think the inflation might account for 30% of that..
Sounds about right.'Morning Franko!

Good Morning Everyone..

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23260 Feb 21, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Evening El,Spurs tomorrow then a great weekend of rugby ahead,think what I can make out the French are a little worried but can't underestimate them tho.
'Morning Krypteia....was thinking of you, and Tony, the Rugby
coming up this weekend and all....looking forward to it myself..
depends when Bradford and Swansea are televised...also on this
weekend...
Still got Sky Sports after all!...:)
Come on the Spurs!..yeah

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23261 Feb 21, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Morning all, been absent for a while on work.
So sorry to hear your news GN, my thoughts are with you.
Cold down here again, so must be freezing up your way ER.
Another weekend of rugby - doubtless K and I will be glued to our respective TV sets!
Have a good one all you good people who frequent the kitchen.
'Morning Tony....freezing literally...went down to the Co-op
earlier and 100 years of the road was like a sheet of glass
where the water had frozen solid. We are in for a cold spell
again apparently, but did you see the footage of the golf on
the news this morning in Arizona....a white out there, so
should be thankful for small mercies.
Any sailing in the offing?

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#23262 Feb 21, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Lady Eleanor...
Never worry about returning a post to me.. I know life takes preference over correspondence... I'm sorry to hear that Ginger Bailey was having more problems but very happy to know that you have a good neighbor willing to help you when you needed it..
Right now My Sister is fretting over her cat.. She seems to have developed an infection in her milk glands and possibly even tumors.. The infection is draining and I went to the Veterinary Supply store and got some antibiotics to treat the infection.. and My Sister is waiting to see if that will clear up the problem if it doesn't then she will be taking George to the Vet.. I know George is a funny name for a girl cat but it goes to a cartoon where the character says I'm gonna love you and squeeze you and take you home and call you George... I call her Pudding Pie.. after the nursery rhyme..
:o)
While I love roses and consider them to be my favorite flower I have always thought that irises were beautiful and I have always had them in my gardens... I have the tall Purple and White bearded, a light Lavender and a very pretty yellow in my garden right now...
I want to add a few of the pure white ones as well as some of the deep pink this year..
Those crazy Dianthus have surprised me three years running.. I don't know why they don't die back but they don't.. They are a beautiful flower to have in the yard.. I have four varieties..
They get so many blooms on them and add so much color.. When the blooms fade I just cut them back and they bloom all over again..
OK so it's late and I need to get myself to bed... I hope that You and Yours will have a great day today...
Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
'Morning Dear Rose,
well, I have always got so much to tell you, so I tend to put it
to one side, did the same with Flower's post...sort of tried to put
it to rights by leaving a message for her on her own thread....
Thanks for all your good wishes for Ginger Bailey..I got a cone
from Amazon..a particular soft one which collapses when the cat
rests his head....unfortunately there is no way he will have it on.
My neighbour was kind, but she knows it all, you know what I mean, and we ended up, at her suggestion binding his hind foot so he could not rip at his dressing....now I know my cat...and knew he wouldn't be happy...so no surprise when I got up early to check
on him, to see he had somehow managed, in spite of the 'sticky
stuff'(zinc oxide tape) firmly holding it in place, to rip it off his foot, along with a huge clump of his ginger fur...
My neighbour meant well sure enough.....:}
What a worry for your Sister, has George recently had kittens by
any chance? Or an older cat? It is to be hoped that the anti-biotics will take effect, I don't know if you or your Sister have considered applying a warm compress to assist the draining...just
a thought..along with the anti-biotics of course.
Please let me know how she goes on, will ya?!
Beautiful mental image of your garden Rose....I have a video of mine I would like to send you, will try to find later.
Have a wonderful day my friend....<3 xoxox

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 12 min wichita-rick 2,587
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 213,014
News Enough hidden salt in shopping baskets for 130 ... 1 hr wichita-rick 3
News Advocates ask senators to reject sex assault he... 1 hr Spotted Girl 5
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 1 hr Spotted Girl 6
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 23,346
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 1 hr Spotted Girl 2
Icon Discussion 4 hr Crystal_Clear722 104
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr Robin Hood 21,401
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Ding Dong 3,552
News That big chicken video isn't fake, but it's scary 13 hr Spotted Girl 12
More from around the web