Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent be good to see you,scouse wants us all to meet up as well,lol
That would be fun :)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been attempting to follow your countries politics, which is not an easy task (I thought our own was complicated until now)!
but, if you don't mind my butting in, this post, to me, says it all.
Can we blame Obama for this situation though, as has been pointed out, the country was in dire straights before his administration in 'control'. Thanks Denny.
this is another prediction I made, that the inhereted circumstances would be used against the new administration if things did not improve quickly, and at the same time the Democratics would use it to their advantage if things did manage to improve noticabely.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but Denny, that 4 trillion Bush spent would be valued
at about 10 trillion now ..it's called inflation, and too
many administrators, just the same over here.
I don't suppose that over extended, unnecessary invasion of a sovereign nation which lasted oh, what at least 10 years, had anything to do with obscene US deficit??

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>No El Bush was only 4 years ago. We have a funny thing happening now. Two years ago Obama came up with a plan called sequestration. It was a spending cut of about 80 billion dollars and it would be automatic if congress didn't cut down spending. In 2011 he said he would veto any attempt to stop sequestration if they didn't make the cuts. Well this March it goes into effect and now Obama is trying to blame the republicans and saying that the cuts will cause all kinds of disaster and he is calling for the lay off of 800,000 federal jobs. The funny thing is there are no real cuts. If they don't spend more this year than last year they call it a cut. Obama has said police and teachers and firemen will be laid off. Those are not federal jobs but local jobs. Now that everything is on video it is a lot harder to lie about what you said a year ago :)
As you said Denny, that's just politics. Remember George "read my lips, no new taxes" Bush?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Well El if the general public isn't armed then only the criminals are armed. I trust my friends and neighbors to be armed.
That makes one of the three of us.:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to see Ohio is going after voter fraud. I saw a woman on TV who voted 4 times. Put them in jail for voter fraud.
It's the Chicago way "vote early, vote often" and if your current address is a cemetery, no problem!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn I see the Jacksons plead guilty. Do you think the fix is in and they will get a very light sentence? He stole $750,000
That's pretty much my take. Just because he could face 4 - 7 years, I think he'll get probation. Do I think it's justice ? Heck no! People gave him money to campaign not buy a $40k fedora. And what is worse the wife was his campaign manager!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I think our trip to England is back on so I will buy you a beer and bring you a Cowboys Jersey :)
But will a cheerleader be wearing it??

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose that over extended, unnecessary invasion of a sovereign nation which lasted oh, what at least 10 years, had anything to do with obscene US deficit??
interesting question .. has anyone ever published a true accounting of the cost of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq (Desert Storm) etc etc???

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>interesting question .. has anyone ever published a true accounting of the cost of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq (Desert Storm) etc etc???
I have no idea. I would think that in this Information Age it would be out there somewhere, by the same token the government may not want to share.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El Bush spent far to much. In 8 years he spent 4 trillion dollars but Obama spent 6 trillion in 4 years and is on track to do the same in the next 4 years. The size of our government has expanded greatly. Government employees make far more than their counter parts in the private sector.
I've heard people say that some of that added spendnig now was caused by the failures brought on by the Bush era ... in other words, if the Republicans had won instead of Obamma they would have been forced to spend that as well.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but Denny, that 4 trillion Bush spent would be valued
at about 10 trillion now ..it's called inflation, and too
many administrators, just the same over here.
I think the inflation might account for 30% of that..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quinn,
Boomer and I are well had a great weekend, we went to a arts & craft show and then went the next day to see Identity Thief, a great movie. Hope you and yours are well Quinn. Boomer has been kicking my bu** in pool. Hi to all in the kitchen, Lady El, Grace, FC, Denny, Tony, Diamond and all the others who gather in the glorious kitchen. Could I get a cup of hot cider with cinnamon please, it's a bit cold here in Ohio.
Lots of Love to all!
A lot of critics panned that movie but I laughed a lot so it was better than they sad it was.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Dear Rose.....
do forgive me for not replying sooner....was hoping to have
some good news on Bailey before I replied....and I have that
this morning in that he has made some improvement in his
recovery...it has been a 'long haul'....
One evening I did something I have never done before and went to
a friend's house in desperation, she is an animal lover, she came back with me and calmed me down.
I don't normally lose it but he had been convulsing.....all is
well now.
Perhaps too much information....after all, he is only a cat! j/k
All the attention you have paid to your garden, and all the love you give it, is paying off...I mean, those annuals refuse to leave you!...:) I always picture my childhood garden, when you mention Iris..Purple Iris and Pink roses were prominent in our garden all those years ago.
Here...the Daffs are out and enjoying the sunshine...alongside the Snowdrops...there is new growth on the Spirea Bridle Wreath I was quite surprised to see.....in spite of the heavy frosts these February mornings.
Take care of you...and the wild beasts...and your garden...
I will do the same.....have a lovely day Dear Rose...
Love-n-Hugs...
Good Morning Lady Eleanor...
Never worry about returning a post to me.. I know life takes preference over correspondence... I'm sorry to hear that Ginger Bailey was having more problems but very happy to know that you have a good neighbor willing to help you when you needed it..
Right now My Sister is fretting over her cat.. She seems to have developed an infection in her milk glands and possibly even tumors.. The infection is draining and I went to the Veterinary Supply store and got some antibiotics to treat the infection.. and My Sister is waiting to see if that will clear up the problem if it doesn't then she will be taking George to the Vet.. I know George is a funny name for a girl cat but it goes to a cartoon where the character says I'm gonna love you and squeeze you and take you home and call you George... I call her Pudding Pie.. after the nursery rhyme..
:o)
While I love roses and consider them to be my favorite flower I have always thought that irises were beautiful and I have always had them in my gardens... I have the tall Purple and White bearded, a light Lavender and a very pretty yellow in my garden right now...
I want to add a few of the pure white ones as well as some of the deep pink this year..
Those crazy Dianthus have surprised me three years running.. I don't know why they don't die back but they don't.. They are a beautiful flower to have in the yard.. I have four varieties..
They get so many blooms on them and add so much color.. When the blooms fade I just cut them back and they bloom all over again..
OK so it's late and I need to get myself to bed... I hope that You and Yours will have a great day today...
Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

WHAT THE FREAK are ya ALL doing g here?? Flower Child's BIRTHDAY bash is at OC's Club..

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Newquay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
agree with some of your thoughts ....
President is a rich man's contest... and a media backing ... the electoral college does need an overhaul , the two party system still works , any more and congress will be in turmoil all the time ..
but a president should be qualified in politics before seeking office.. a year as a jr. senator to me doesn't endear me with your thumb on the button
LBJ was the most productive president of the USA for civil right than any other..why ... because he had 40 years of political clout
Can't agree about why LBJ was so successful Tally - I think it was more a wave of reaction to JFK's assassination: if you look, many of the civil rights programmes had been introduced and blocked under JFK. Those blocks were dropped after the shooting as the nation recoiled from the murder of its President.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Newquay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Without looking this up, I believe Richard 1 was away at battle when the Barons got together and form the Magna Carta...history might have been different had he not agreed to the laws......
c'est la vie!
I spent some time yesterday reading up on the Civil War.....it is no wonder opinions vary in the kitchen. Quite some history.
Richard was dead by the signing of Magna Carta, he died in 1199, Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It was a reaction by rebellious nobility/church against what they saw as the removal of their privileges by the king. A foreign war that did not go John's way gave them the excuse they needed. Ironically, at the time it was not seen as particularly significant. Here's a link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/middle_a...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Newquay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Well El if the general public isn't armed then only the criminals are armed. I trust my friends and neighbors to be armed.
This one keeps coming up - yet in the UK where the public is not armed, the level of gun crime is a fraction of that in the US (0.07 and against 2.97 per 100,000 of population). Many of those carrying out the massacres in the USA are not criminals, they are members of the general public who flip. Here's a link to world figures for gun crime:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Newquay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Morning all, been absent for a while on work.

So sorry to hear your news GN, my thoughts are with you.

Cold down here again, so must be freezing up your way ER.

Another weekend of rugby - doubtless K and I will be glued to our respective TV sets!

Have a good one all you good people who frequent the kitchen.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
The general public ARE the criminals. All criminals were
once just the General Public.
You may remember my mentioning our cat Oliver, whilst
still a kitten, was shot just outside his back gate. Five times, left for dead. Survived.
That was done by the well brought up young boy of a neighbour...
who condoned his son's action by covering up.
Now he is of age, no doubt he would be first in the queue if guns were legalised here.

9999!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,861 - 22,880 of34,773
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

152 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min cretin56 76,718
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 min honeymylove 28,273
"Go Sarah!" 7 min efficiency 3
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 7 min Bezeer 472
Word Association (Jun '10) 8 min _Word Woman_ 25,874
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 9 min honeymylove 6,736
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Bezeer 5,550
How to become Unbannable 52 min Chilli J 93
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 140,567
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••