“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23215 Feb 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
El, it's sol cold I was wondering if our 4-legged friends are allowed in the Kitchen? My dogs would like to curl up by the fire and I made them promise not to bother all the kitties.
Good morning dear Quinn. Isn't a fire wonderful on a cold day :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23216 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Something that has been puzzling me recently....the old saying ...'An Englishman's home is his castle'....well we all know how
castle's were defended, but there is no moat
round my house, no 'murder holes' with which
to pour boiling oil on any intruders.....
so what do you do?
Could it possibly be that a gun is the only answer?
Then again, they are illegal here, so back to 'what does one do if under threat'?
I can't believe that if someone is breaking into your home you can't defend your castle. I here of people in the UK going to jail because they defended their home. That is so strange to us. In Texas if someone is on your property at night you can shoot them. If someone is breaking in your home you can use deadly force to protect your home and property. You can shoot someone breaking into your neighbors home if they are armed. We also have the death penalty and use it often for murders. I would like to see the use of a gun in a crime to be a federal laws to get the criminals off the streets

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23217 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Something that has been puzzling me recently....the old saying ...'An Englishman's home is his castle'....well we all know how
castle's were defended, but there is no moat
round my house, no 'murder holes' with which
to pour boiling oil on any intruders.....
so what do you do?
Could it possibly be that a gun is the only answer?
Then again, they are illegal here, so back to 'what does one do if under threat'?
El as Tally pointed out even here the states take such different views on guns and protecting your life and castle. Both coast are have higher crime rates and more restrictive gun laws. Most of the middle of the country has a heritage of guns and we see them needed for defense.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23218 Feb 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El Bush spent far to much. In 8 years he spent 4 trillion dollars but Obama spent 6 trillion in 4 years and is on track to do the same in the next 4 years. The size of our government has expanded greatly. Government employees make far more than their counter parts in the private sector.
Yes but Denny, that 4 trillion Bush spent would be valued
at about 10 trillion now ..it's called inflation, and too
many administrators, just the same over here.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23219 Feb 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe that if someone is breaking into your home you can't defend your castle. I here of people in the UK going to jail because they defended their home. That is so strange to us. In Texas if someone is on your property at night you can shoot them. If someone is breaking in your home you can use deadly force to protect your home and property. You can shoot someone breaking into your neighbors home if they are armed. We also have the death penalty and use it often for murders. I would like to see the use of a gun in a crime to be a federal laws to get the criminals off the streets
I don't know if I would feel more ill at ease knowing there was an intruder, or knowing that the general public could arm themselves at will. It's like car drivers, it's the other drivers you have to watch out for. Too many idiots.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23220 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Without looking this up, I believe Richard 1 was away at battle when the Barons got together and form the Magna Carta...history might have been different had he not agreed to the laws......
c'est la vie!
I spent some time yesterday reading up on the Civil War.....it is no wonder opinions vary in the kitchen. Quite some history.
please take this INFO John I and no other England monarch has taken the name John...

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23221 Feb 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brighteyes! Hope you guys are doing well ...... and staying out of trouble!
Hi Quinn,
Boomer and I are well had a great weekend, we went to a arts & craft show and then went the next day to see Identity Thief, a great movie. Hope you and yours are well Quinn. Boomer has been kicking my bu** in pool. Hi to all in the kitchen, Lady El, Grace, FC, Denny, Tony, Diamond and all the others who gather in the glorious kitchen. Could I get a cup of hot cider with cinnamon please, it's a bit cold here in Ohio.
Lots of Love to all!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23222 Feb 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
please take this INFO John I and no other England monarch has taken the name John...
You're a history teacher already? hahaha

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that to be honest,
history was not my strong point at school....however,
never too late to learn. I looked it up and apparently
he was a rubbish king. Nicknamed John Softsword. There
have been some belters!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23223 Feb 20, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quinn,
Boomer and I are well had a great weekend, we went to a arts & craft show and then went the next day to see Identity Thief, a great movie. Hope you and yours are well Quinn. Boomer has been kicking my bu** in pool. Hi to all in the kitchen, Lady El, Grace, FC, Denny, Tony, Diamond and all the others who gather in the glorious kitchen. Could I get a cup of hot cider with cinnamon please, it's a bit cold here in Ohio.
Lots of Love to all!
You certainly can....but I am up to my eyes at the moment,
Sir Tally is your man for the best hot cider drinks.
(Sir Tally....if you would be so kind....)
Very nice to see you this afternoon Brighteyes....to hear you
and Boomer had a great weekend.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#23224 Feb 20, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quinn,
Lots of Love to all!
Brighteyes.....you realise that is my little way of joking
with you!...:) You are always welcome, you are one of
our sweetest 'kitcheneers'....

Well, time to put dinner on in the RW..a woman's work and all that.
I haven't forgotten Boomer's request for the recipe (although he may have) lol...watch this space.
Love, Elx

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23225 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but Denny, that 4 trillion Bush spent would be valued
at about 10 trillion now ..it's called inflation, and too
many administrators, just the same over here.
No El Bush was only 4 years ago. We have a funny thing happening now. Two years ago Obama came up with a plan called sequestration. It was a spending cut of about 80 billion dollars and it would be automatic if congress didn't cut down spending. In 2011 he said he would veto any attempt to stop sequestration if they didn't make the cuts. Well this March it goes into effect and now Obama is trying to blame the republicans and saying that the cuts will cause all kinds of disaster and he is calling for the lay off of 800,000 federal jobs. The funny thing is there are no real cuts. If they don't spend more this year than last year they call it a cut. Obama has said police and teachers and firemen will be laid off. Those are not federal jobs but local jobs. Now that everything is on video it is a lot harder to lie about what you said a year ago :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23226 Feb 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I would feel more ill at ease knowing there was an intruder, or knowing that the general public could arm themselves at will. It's like car drivers, it's the other drivers you have to watch out for. Too many idiots.
Well El if the general public isn't armed then only the criminals are armed. I trust my friends and neighbors to be armed.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23227 Feb 20, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quinn,
Lots of Love to all!
I am glad to see Ohio is going after voter fraud. I saw a woman on TV who voted 4 times. Put them in jail for voter fraud.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23228 Feb 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to see Ohio is going after voter fraud. I saw a woman on TV who voted 4 times. Put them in jail for voter fraud.
Along with the Illegal Immigrants GETTING FREEBIES.. THAT we American Citizens Cannot even QUALIFY for!!!!!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23229 Feb 20, 2013
El...almost forgot to have a slice of your Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream and HOT cup of JAVA... Hey, ya'all are invited to FlowerChild's Birthday PARTY at Ohio Cowgirls ROCKIN' Horse Club..8 SHARP!!
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23230 Feb 20, 2013
Evening El,Spurs tomorrow then a great weekend of rugby ahead,think what I can make out the French are a little worried but can't underestimate them tho.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23231 Feb 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second to last sentence, cuts both ways. And irrespective of Romney "nailing Obama on Libya", the republicans and Romney alienated too many already oppressed groups: women, gays, minorities, and even seniors and some small business owners & retired military I know.
Quinn I see the Jacksons plead guilty. Do you think the fix is in and they will get a very light sentence? He stole $750,000

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23232 Feb 20, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Evening El,Spurs tomorrow then a great weekend of rugby ahead,think what I can make out the French are a little worried but can't underestimate them tho.
I think our trip to England is back on so I will buy you a beer and bring you a Cowboys Jersey :)
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#23233 Feb 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I think our trip to England is back on so I will buy you a beer and bring you a Cowboys Jersey :)
Excellent be good to see you,scouse wants us all to meet up as well,lol

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23234 Feb 20, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent be good to see you,scouse wants us all to meet up as well,lol
That would be fun :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 3 min -CatCiao- 88
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Tom2Tone 152,382
Is it possible to....... 7 min andet1987 526
The letter F (Jun '13) 8 min whatimeisit 907
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 9 min swedenforever 57
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,755
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min andet1987 7,497
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Sublime1 25,505
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 1 hr Protoham 13
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr Princess Hey 131
More from around the web