“Wear both with Pride!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23155 Feb 18, 2013
Good Day to All here, Grace, Quincy, Rose, Flower Brighteyes, Boomer, Tony, Denny and Franko...

rather a chilly day but sunny...just on my way
out so just to wish everybody a fine day....

“Wear both with Pride!”

Manchester, UK

#23156 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and all who come to your kitchen
Hello there Denny....:)

“Wear both with Pride!”

Manchester, UK

#23157 Feb 18, 2013
Denny....can I leave you serving the coffee please...Grace likes a spot of tea....

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23158 Feb 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Denny....can I leave you serving the coffee please...Grace likes a spot of tea....
I would be more than happy to be mother :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23159 Feb 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in favor earned income tax credits or the taxes people pay for each kid they have. You have 'em pay for 'em yourself.
My new account told me that the reason Mitt paid less in taxes had to do with his not having to claim speaking engagement fees so apparently when they do that it's not considered "income".
Corporations and people should pay taxes. The religious organizations and non profits should also pay taxes.....they are currently exempt from real estate taxes at least in IL.
I agree on the churches paying taxes :) See there are some things we agree on

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23160 Feb 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I'm not sticking up for Jr nor do I think the media shouldn't a be all over it. My point is that irrespective of political affiliation media coverage is media coverage. The conservatives pick on the liberals as much s the reverse.
Jr may be big media in Chicago but not so much on the national media

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23161 Feb 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Up until this year it passed with bipartisan support with no debate. It's about domestic violence. How can that fall on one party line versus the other now? There was never an issue for what, 17 years sit was first enacted? As far as I'm aware there are no unfunded mandates, no taxes, no increase in government spending. It is about protecting victims of abuse in domestic relationships. I think that includes LGBT relationships but so what? It's not about Obama ---- he didn't push the bill it was already there ---- it's not about 'freebies' to anyone or additional taxes to anyone, it's because social conservatives this time it's up for renewal have an agenda which does not include protecting people in relationships they do not condone. It makes no political or ethical sense to oppose the bill's renewal.
I don't have much knowledge on the issue. I would suspect a poison pill in there

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23162 Feb 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I lost a longtime friend .. she passed
with all the family present.
I'm glad she is at rest, for her sake..
particularly,as there was no way
back .. having had such an aggressive
form of cancer
one has to think of what's best
for the person in a lot of pain..
and that's my consolation now.
Dear Grace. Boomer and I send our condolences to you and her family. May she rest in peace. I am sure she loved having you as a dear friend. We are also lucky to have you here in the kitchen Dear Grace. Thank you for your beautiful poetry.
Peace always.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#23163 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Franko race has very little to do with anything. After all he won twice. The Republican controlled house sends bills to the senate and the Democrat controlled Senate won't even bring them up for a vote. Obama had both houses for the first two years and he still couldn't get anything done. Obama doesn't govern but campaigns all the time.
Hmmmm .. I spent a year regularily in the African American forum ... I would say racism is alive and well in the USA and I do believe there is at least some influence based on that. Hillary would have received opposition based on her gender.

I think the only reason the democrats won the last two elections is because the Rebublicans had even worse candidates to offer.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23164 Feb 18, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm .. I spent a year regularily in the African American forum ... I would say racism is alive and well in the USA and I do believe there is at least some influence based on that. Hillary would have received opposition based on her gender.

I think the only reason the democrats won the last two elections is because the Rebublicans had even worse candidates to offer.
The Dems defined their opponent

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23165 Feb 18, 2013
Grace.. truly sorry for your loss.. Keep her in your heart..and she ALWAYS will be with you.
Okay, a slice of strudel please and a cup of HOT JAVA!!.. EL...looking goood!!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23166 Feb 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I lost a longtime friend .. she passed
with all the family present.

I'm glad she is at rest, for her sake..
particularly,as there was no way
back .. having had such an aggressive
form of cancer
one has to think of what's best
for the person in a lot of pain..

and that's my consolation now.
I am so sorry for your loss Grace. I wish you peace.

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#23167 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Rose. Enjoy your day. Let's rummage around El kitchen and see what is cookin :)
Hey Denny... I hope that you found something good.. Considering it's El's Kitchen I'm just about sure that you did...
:o)
I hope that your day was a good one and I hope that your night will be just as good if not better...
Wishing you Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---

#23168 Feb 18, 2013
Grace...
My condolences concerning the loss of your friend.. Sometimes there simply are not any words that will help.. and I'm sure that's the case here but I will share with you the only words I know helped me...

Don't dwell on the one moment when her life ended.. Rather remember all the wonderful days that you shared during her life...
May she rest in Peace...
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23169 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn as you know both parties want there opposition to have only one term. In the first two years they didn't need one Republican vote to pass their agenda. Obama was so radical even Democrats voted against him. Just like Obama's gun grab today it will not have full Democrat support
Condescension is rather unbecoming Denny and the way you prefaced that is rather condescending. I'm well aware that each party wants in. Having said that, you seem to be missing my & Tony's points. The last 6 years have not been about the GOP wanting in, they have been filled with vile, racist, personal attacks that have gone far beyond the political decorum of even the Bush I & Bush II eras.

Apparently you've not been listening to the same Republican speeches I have. I'm not talking about media or pundits, I'm talking I'm talking card carrying elected officials in the Republican Party. I'm talking racist remarks on mor than one occasion.

#23170 Feb 18, 2013
Hi Lady Eleanor...
I gave up trying to find the post where you replied to mine.. So I'll just say I hope that your day was a good one and I hope that your night has been peaceful and that all of your dreams have been sweet..
My daffodils are about 4 inches tall now so it won't be long before they will come into bloom..
All of my miniature roses made it through the winter and are starting to show new leaves sprouting.. I wintered them on the porch.. but as soon as spring really arrives I plan on planting them in the yard...
I'm going to make a flower design in geode rock around the iris bed and plant them there.. I think it'll be pretty with the tall irises in the center and all of the miniature roses planted in flower petals... My Dianthus made it through the winter too bless their little flower hearts they don't know they are supposed to be annuals...
:o)
I can't wait to get back out there and start gardening again.. I do love it... and I really miss it when I can't...
Sending you all of my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23171 Feb 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Day to All here, Grace, Quincy, Rose, Flower Brighteyes, Boomer, Tony, Denny and Franko...

rather a chilly day but sunny...just on my way
out so just to wish everybody a fine day....
Rainy drive home from work turning to ice as the temp drops.

Hope everyone's week started out well.... my thoughts go out to Grace.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23172 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I agree on the churches paying taxes :) See there are some things we agree on
Who knew? ;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23173 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Jr may be big media in Chicago but not so much on the national media
I realize he's local. I think it hit the AP only because of dad. Sr was going to come to Chicago to meet with Obama over the gun violence here, but bowed out and stayed in DC for Jr's hearings.

Dad is likely more well known.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23174 Feb 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have much knowledge on the issue. I would suspect a poison pill in there
I was just pointing out that some bills are bipartisan and no brainers. It passed renewal on both sides for 17 years and now the Republicans have to make a stink? By now if someone tried to sneak something unrelated in, it would have hit the news.

They don't have to be uncompromising for the sake if uncompromising over something as uncontroversial as protecting victims of domestic violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 3 min Crazy Jae 39,686
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min ms_Sweeter 151,145
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min SLY WEST 26,449
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Dally Mama 77,477
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 12 min Crazy Jae 5,464
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 13 min Princess Hey 7,319
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 13 min SLY WEST 4,065
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 49 min Mitt s Airtight D... 334
Bill Cosby 56 min FTW Forever 260
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr Interested 7,177