El's Kitchen

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22977 Feb 13, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Sorry to contradict you ER - 70 is the speed limit on dual carriageways (like the A38), 60 is for two way traffic roads which have the de-limited sign up.
Not at all Tony...meant to say single carriageway. Still
getting used to these bloody drovers' roads here...anything
other than that is a motorway!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22978 Feb 13, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>The smae over here ... I can set my cruise control at 9 kph over the speed liit and never worry ... however 10 MPH is 16 Kph ... that we can't get away with.
A freind of mine used to soup up his cars, we once went 140 MPH.
I have been on the AUtobahn going 290 KPH (181 MpH)... that is scary.
My understanding is that Germany has cut back the number of places where unlimited speed is allowed, and the rules are strictly enforced ....
We could set the speed control on our vehicle, but the roads being such, there could be three varying speed limits within a space of
a few miles.
I recall with nostalgia doing 150mph on the newly opened M1 way
back when (I was not the driver) and the car was not souped up, just a Jag XK?

“Why not”

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#22979 Feb 13, 2013
hello all

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22980 Feb 13, 2013
Good Morning all friends of the kitchen

weather not nice! Gale force winds. Early
morning visit from the electricians who are
here on account of reports of the new heating system being faulty. Sho' nuff they have
found a fault...and have dashed off to bring back
replacement parts. Great!

Anyways...Happy Ash Wednesday All.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22981 Feb 13, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
hello all
Hello nfw...and Welcome to the kitchen. How are
you this morning?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22982 Feb 13, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, Trevor Grills died in hospital yesterday from the head injuries he sustained. Although I had met the group, I wouldn't class him as a friend - I just like Fishermen's Friends music.
Still, sorry to hear of the truly tragic end.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22983 Feb 13, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning all friends of the kitchen
weather not nice! Gale force winds. Early
morning visit from the electricians who are
here on account of reports of the new heating system being faulty. Sho' nuff they have
found a fault...and have dashed off to bring back
replacement parts. Great!
Anyways...Happy Ash Wednesday All.
Good morning El. Looks like you have a fine windy day ahead. I watched the state of the union message last night. What a mess! By law congress must pass a budget and the president must submit a budget every year. We haven't had one for 3 years now. Tax and spend and we are spending twice as much as we bring in.When Obama was a Senator he made speaches about how terrible it was that Bush spent 4 trillion dollars in 8 years and now he has spent 6 trillion in just 4 years. To make matters worse they say we don't have a spending problem

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22984 Feb 13, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
hello all
Hey there nfourwheeler! How are those training wheels working out?? ;-)

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#22985 Feb 13, 2013
Good Morning Lady Eleanor...
Just stopping in to Wish You and all the Good People who visit Your Kitchen A Very Happy Valentines Day... <3
@}-'--,---

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22986 Feb 14, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
Good Morning Lady Eleanor...
Just stopping in to Wish You and all the Good People who visit Your Kitchen A Very Happy Valentines Day... <3
@}-'--,---
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY DEAR ROSE

and ALL good friends who kindly visit the kitchen.....

Rose....have been slaving in the garden this morning, lol
and the perfect Valentine's Day gift awaited, in the form
of a Clematis I thought had died...and there it was with
new growth. Beats all the bouquets!

Sending Love across the miles this day.....

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22987 Feb 14, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. Looks like you have a fine windy day ahead. I watched the state of the union message last night. What a mess! By law congress must pass a budget and the president must submit a budget every year. We haven't had one for 3 years now. Tax and spend and we are spending twice as much as we bring in.When Obama was a Senator he made speaches about how terrible it was that Bush spent 4 trillion dollars in 8 years and now he has spent 6 trillion in just 4 years. To make matters worse they say we don't have a spending problem
I can only say I sympathise with anybody unhappy with their
government Denny.

Happy Valentine's Day..:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22988 Feb 14, 2013
LADY EL/MADAME GRACIE /Ladies/Gents of the realm and the Kit Krue....

They say love’s in the air
On Valentine’s day
Makes me think and makes me laugh

Young lovers everywhere
Time to show your hearts to the world

roses roses everywhere
Red ones ring out the sound of love

BUT: remember young lovers , if not for us elders you won't be here

hey.......... who has the MARMALADE

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22989 Feb 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
LADY EL/MADAME GRACIE /Ladies/Gents of the realm and the Kit Krue....
They say love’s in the air
On Valentine’s day
Makes me think and makes me laugh
Young lovers everywhere
Time to show your hearts to the world
roses roses everywhere
Red ones ring out the sound of love
BUT: remember young lovers , if not for us elders you won't be here
hey.......... who has the MARMALADE
Well ABSOLUTELY Sir Tally...we paved the way.....

Marmalade...would that be orange or lemon? With peel
or no peel?...:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22990 Feb 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY DEAR ROSE
and ALL good friends who kindly visit the kitchen.....
Rose....have been slaving in the garden this morning, lol
and the perfect Valentine's Day gift awaited, in the form
of a Clematis I thought had died...and there it was with
new growth. Beats all the bouquets!
Sending Love across the miles this day.....
Good morning sweet El. Happy Valentines day

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22991 Feb 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ABSOLUTELY Sir Tally...we paved the way.....
Marmalade...would that be orange or lemon? With peel
or no peel?...:)
either or all is refreshing

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22992 Feb 14, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Following the discovery of the bones of Richard 111,scientists are now digging up Tesco's car park looking for his horse.
They'll only find the bumper and mudguard from a Morris Marina... let me know if they find the keys to my old Mk II Zephyr...

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#22993 Feb 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY DEAR ROSE
and ALL good friends who kindly visit the kitchen.....
Rose....have been slaving in the garden this morning, lol
and the perfect Valentine's Day gift awaited, in the form
of a Clematis I thought had died...and there it was with
new growth. Beats all the bouquets!
Sending Love across the miles this day.....
Good Evening Lady Eleanor...
Seems Mother Nature gave us both a gift for Valentines Day...
Mine is that the sun has shown all day and the temperatures are in the mid fifties...
It's a beautiful day here in the valley...
I hope that you didn't work too hard but then again with your love of gardens how could you...
:o)
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22994 Feb 14, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening Lady Eleanor...
Seems Mother Nature gave us both a gift for Valentines Day...
Mine is that the sun has shown all day and the temperatures are in the mid fifties...
It's a beautiful day here in the valley...
I hope that you didn't work too hard but then again with your love of gardens how could you...
:o)
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
It is sunny and about 65 here in Dallas. I had a nice 3 hour walk passing out door hangers :)

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22995 Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentines Day to all in the kitchen.
From Boomer and I. I don't know about everyone else but everyday is Valentines day with Boomer. Have a wonderful day my friends.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22996 Feb 14, 2013
Greetings of the SPECIAL day. to everyone
who comes here.

A few Valentine thoughts ...
by 'Me' LOL

***

A Valentine Fantasy.
by (Grace Nerissa)

Valentine's Cupid stayed by her side
And watched o'er her lovingly all through the night.
At dawn he placed rosebuds around where she lay.
A greeting of love on St VALENTINE'S DAY

As they wandered the woodlands through day's happy hours
He picked her ... sweet snowdrops and wild fragrant flowers.
He said he adored her .. and ne'r could there be
another .. as fair .. and as lovely as she ...

but .. he had to go to a land far away..
Where flaxen haired angels and sweet cherubs play..

Now .. deep in the woodlands in February days.
His image is seen through the sun's golden rays ..

A shower of red petals on the green forest floor
and baskets of kisses arrive at her door..

She can tell they are gifts .. from him
straight from above

'cause they're sealed with his kiss and..

made bright by his love..

And oft in her slumber...
She dreams of him then
and longs for the time she will see him again.
Knowing... he'll return in the first bloom of spring

When blossoms are bending and little birds sing.

He'll come back from the magical land far away

To be with her once more...
on

St valentine's Day ..."

GN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True False Game (Jun '11) 16 min SweLL GirL 14,323
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 19 min SweLL GirL 32,720
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 22 min DMan 3,571
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 22 min SweLL GirL 10,373
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 59 min Repeal abortion 43
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr THE LONE WORKER 220,696
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr RowdyRulzRacing 1,252
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 21,475
Memorable Movie Scenes. 3 hr andet1987 62
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Sharlene45 213,255
More from around the web