22,581 - 22,600 of 35,955 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22950 Feb 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it too early to join me in a Hot Chocolate Sir Tally?
It will take the chill away.
suggestion: hot cider with a Cinnamon stick , yes I will never refuse a LADY ...LADY EL

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22951 Feb 11, 2013
A few replies to attend to..

Firstly TONY,
referring to #22935..
Genuinely sorry to hear such news...
we will MOST CERTAINLY 'spare a thought'

El and FRANKO,

Thank you BOTH *very sincerely* for you posts and references to
my friend who is ill,
she is being made as comfortable as possible,
in the circumstances..

I went to see her yesterday,

I took a bus, choosing NOT to drive in the city..
easier in every way to do that by bus/tram.

When I left the hosp, with the image of my
very dear friend's
failing presence .. eerily stamped on my mind,

it made me
think;

I didn't mind ONE BIT having to wait in the cold for 2 buses home,
hugging the gift of my health tightly around me.

proves EVERYTHING IS relative!

El,

With regard to yesterday's match !!!

I heard them say on radio today
'the less said - the better' LOL

but..
Congrats to ENGLAND who, being fair, well deserved the win.

FC,

Glad you are steadily recovering..
be good to yourself these days.

SO sorry for the loss of Vee's dog..
Krypteia

Haywards Heath, UK

#22952 Feb 11, 2013
Following the discovery of the bones of Richard 111,scientists are now digging up Tesco's car park looking for his horse.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22953 Feb 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Brighteyes.....
forgot to add....1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
to the mix....also you can use a Graham pie crust
(6oz) instead of the biscuit base if you so wish.
Thank you, thank you Lady El. My mouth is watering as I ponder this recipe.Much love to all in the kitchen.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22954 Feb 11, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Spare a thought for Trevor Grills, one of the group Fisherman's Friend from Port Isaac, Cornwall (for our US friends, it is the village in which Doc Martin is filmed). There was a dreadful accident in Guildford yesterday when a huge steel door fell on both him and the tour manager who was killed. Trevor is in critical condition in hospital:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TW5IdBWmWGcXX

A nicer bunch of lads you couldn't hope to meet - they have not become big-headed with their success and still sing regularly for free in the village on a Friday night, in between major tours and gigs.
My thoughts are with your friend for full recovery... and peace to those whose loved one passed.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22955 Feb 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey FC ... that sucks having a caregiver quit at such a bad time .... I know from past expereince with my ex how hard it is to find a decent caregiver. Wish yuo luck.
9757 .... no chance agasint yuor straight ...
Hi Franko ... thanks for the good luck wishes ... 2 wks and 5 days out of sx and things are getting much better thank goodness ... Hope all is well on the home/work front for you as well ... here are the rules as we know them and if I left something out maybe Rose Bud can correct me as I typed them off the top of my head on the tips of my fingers without proofreading because my caregiver was here talking to me and my multi-tasking is not up to par as of this writing, lol ... so here goes:

0-zero is a wild card which can be used n a couple of 2 ways ...

0132 ---> a straight 1234
0212 ---> 3 2's and an ace high ( the 1 is an ace and the extra card is doubled since you've got 3 2's with the 0 being the wild card ...
7705 ---> 3 7's over 2 5's gives you a full house ... you take the 3 7's and double the 5 giving you a full house ... ALSO ...

1117 ... you CAN make it 3 of a kind BUT in actuality ... it IS 3 aces' over 7's ... that is the rule we made ... sometimes even I forget that rule ...

1111 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ...
4440 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ... of couse, 4 aces beat anything ...

examples of a straight ...

4065 just remember to scramble the numbers to read the straights ... and remember the 0's are wild ...
and so on ...

2656 ... your pair of 7's got me so I fold like an ironing board, lol ...

Enjoy your evening! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22956 Feb 11, 2013
Hi Quinny >>waves<< I owe you some emails and will get to you when I know "something" lol ...

Hope everyone doing well ... Have a great week! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22957 Feb 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We are fine here Flower...but YOU...you are right, you ARE a
Trooper..how absolutely heartless of your caregiver to quit
presumably knowing you was to have surgery...seems that was
a blessing in disguise to have her out of your life with such
an attitude...
It sounds for all the world that God did send those two Angels
your way...they sound wonderful people true Christians.
I hd one of those Angels when I first moved to Wales, I was admitted to hospital, lived here on my own at that time too,
and was busy renovating a 16th century house so it was most inconvenient, lol, when I was discharged a dear Welsh lady of around 80 would bring me Bara Brith and come to call to keep me company...it meant so much. I missed her very much when I left that area.
Digressing (what's new)!...:)
Plenty of time to get out and about again when you are stronger....
Glad to see you again my friend, missed you loads.
{{{Arms around you HUGS}}}
Lady El ... by now you are fast asleep as it is almost 2100 here ... It took me 2 1/2 hours to clean off my desk and I can actually see it now, lol ... Seems spring has arrived early and we've had some rain showers as of late, twice actually ... that is music to my ears at 5 in the morning the other day and earlier today when I called Rose and held the phone up in the air outside so she could listen to it, haha ... that's how excited we get when it actually rains ... it's actually something to write home about especially when we've been in a drought for YEARS!... yep, we'll take it ... My friend took the outside plants out from the front bedroom the other day just in time for the rain, perfect timing! Great! The small and little things that make us smile ... the things we take for granted one might say ... Physically, though, I'm beginning to feel a lot better and thank you for the words of encouragement ... I'm going out of town on Sunday and be home on Monday evening ... Doc gave the go ahead this afternoon through his secretary ... I won't be driving so that's cool ... just an overnighter so it's all good ... I'm excited as I feel cabin fever big time ... enuff about me ...
How are YOU? P and the family? I trust everyone is well and all is in order ... I got the cutest email from Sir Rod a few days ago ... I'm so bad about email ... I forget about it and FaceBook ... I have the ATT smartphone that I treat it like a mini-computer and having been "sedentary" for the past 2 4/7 weeks it's just so easy to SIT and use it and leave my laptop alone as well as my desktop ... why not when I can topix/facebook off my phone ... bad habits are hard to break ... remember that album cover, "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits?" ... Who was that? Doobies Brothers? Allman Brothers?... Going to make me google?... drats, hold on ... Doobies Brothers 1974 according to Google ... see, my mind isn't all mush, YET, lol ... Okie dokie ... Hawaii 5-O new episode is coming on ... My weekly dose of Alex O'Loughlin, ha! Lovely to see you! Love and arms around you! FC <3 ...

2055 ... full house ... 5's over deuces / bet you a vinyl album of the Doobie Brothers

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22958 Feb 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Hi Quinny >>waves<< I owe you some emails and will get to you when I know "something" lol ...

Hope everyone doing well ... Have a great week! FC <3 ...
Between my new phone and typing in the dark my emails to you either crashed or went "poof" into thin air!

I hope you are feeling better after your surgery and are fast on the mend. Too bad about your caregiver but perhaps an ever more kindhearted one us around the corner.

I can just picture your dog with a Mohawk !!! LOL!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22959 Feb 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Between my new phone and typing in the dark my emails to you either crashed or went "poof" into thin air!
I hope you are feeling better after your surgery and are fast on the mend. Too bad about your caregiver but perhaps an ever more kindhearted one us around the corner.
I can just picture your dog with a Mohawk !!! LOL!!
Hey there, Quinny! Yeah, something happened to my emails, too! Poof, they were gone! Rose said the same thing happened to her emails as well ... hmmmm, strange! What? Oh, well! I know they were there and sort of remember what they said so I have some semblence of what to answer ... yes, this new lady is from Puerto Rico and very kind-hearted ... just what I need! Yep, Jax looks so cute ... A friend came broken-hearted to my house last night and Jax went up to him, made my friend pet him ... My friend said, "I love your dog, wish I could take him home with me" ... I felt so bad for him ... I said I'd help him out but the buck stopped at the pup ... the pups stays with the girl, the girl being ME, lol ... my friend finally broke into a smile ... I talked to him by phone today and he was in better spirits ... he and his wife were fighting and she got on the phone asking me to come over (I've never met her)... I said I'd be there tomorrow ... seemed to be an A & B situation so I felt it to C myself out of it, LOL ... I'm no marriage counselor but I can sure help find them one ... children involved, yikes! Bringing the yellow pages with me, too! That's all the involvement for me!!!!! Not my business and not going to get involved ... I know better than that! Sorry to hear of it but not my business! Anyway, Quinny ... hope you are well and the job is going well for you ... Get some rest tonight and have a good day on the morrow! >>hugs<< FC <3 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22960 Feb 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, Quinny! Yeah, something happened to my emails, too! Poof, they were gone! Rose said the same thing happened to her emails as well ... hmmmm, strange! What? Oh, well! I know they were there and sort of remember what they said so I have some semblence of what to answer ... yes, this new lady is from Puerto Rico and very kind-hearted ... just what I need! Yep, Jax looks so cute ... A friend came broken-hearted to my house last night and Jax went up to him, made my friend pet him ... My friend said, "I love your dog, wish I could take him home with me" ... I felt so bad for him ... I said I'd help him out but the buck stopped at the pup ... the pups stays with the girl, the girl being ME, lol ... my friend finally broke into a smile ... I talked to him by phone today and he was in better spirits ... he and his wife were fighting and she got on the phone asking me to come over (I've never met her)... I said I'd be there tomorrow ... seemed to be an A & B situation so I felt it to C myself out of it, LOL ... I'm no marriage counselor but I can sure help find them one ... children involved, yikes! Bringing the yellow pages with me, too! That's all the involvement for me!!!!! Not my business and not going to get involved ... I know better than that! Sorry to hear of it but not my business! Anyway, Quinny ... hope you are well and the job is going well for you ... Get some rest tonight and have a good day on the morrow! >>hugs<< FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower. Hi El I hope your day is going great.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22961 Feb 12, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. Hi El I hope your day is going great.
Morning, Denny! yep, me too! Hope El's day is going great and everyone else's is, too! Happy Tuesday! FC <3 ...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22962 Feb 12, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. Hi El I hope your day is going great.
Hey there Denny!! How goes the Wedgewood sales?? Hope the collectors are out en masse in spending sprees!

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22963 Feb 12, 2013
Good Afternoon Grace, Tony and Krypt...

Good Morning Flower, Quincy, Brighteyes,Rose, Denny
Boomer and all here

SIR TALLY....cider is served....:)

What can I say...it has been a beautiful day here, not a drop of rain which, conidering I live in the wettest part of the UK, literally, is nothing short of a miracle,

FLOWER...you would be happy with the amount of rainfall we get here, so much so when I first moved here a neighbour took me on a tour of the mountains to see the 'cataracts' tumbling down the mountains....a dry day is a dream....

actually had my washing out on this crisp day.

TONY...thinking of your friend, sincerely hope he has pulled through.

Have been backwards and forwards to the Vets, one,
Ginger Bailey has a heamatoma and may require surgery at the end of the week....difficult one, he is 15 yrs old...but in fine shape.

Sad time for Vee who has lost her beloved Wolfhound. Grand old age, but hiuge loss.

Snow forecast tomorrow.....it is on the tops as
I look out my window now.

Have a great day everyone.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22964 Feb 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Afternoon Grace, Tony and Krypt...
Good Morning Flower, Quincy, Brighteyes,Rose, Denny
Boomer and all here
SIR TALLY....cider is served....:)
What can I say...it has been a beautiful day here, not a drop of rain which, conidering I live in the wettest part of the UK, literally, is nothing short of a miracle,
FLOWER...you would be happy with the amount of rainfall we get here, so much so when I first moved here a neighbour took me on a tour of the mountains to see the 'cataracts' tumbling down the mountains....a dry day is a dream....
actually had my washing out on this crisp day.
TONY...thinking of your friend, sincerely hope he has pulled through.
Have been backwards and forwards to the Vets, one,
Ginger Bailey has a heamatoma and may require surgery at the end of the week....difficult one, he is 15 yrs old...but in fine shape.
Sad time for Vee who has lost her beloved Wolfhound. Grand old age, but hiuge loss.
Snow forecast tomorrow.....it is on the tops as
I look out my window now.
Have a great day everyone.
Good afternoon, Lady El ... good to see you as always ... Sorry to hear of Vee's best friend passing! I saw on FaceBook that a diamond is a girls best friend never had a dog ... a dog is a girls best friend ... I feel for Vee ... a tough day for her ... Sorry, Vee! Better days ahead for you ... <3 from Jax & PoohBear, too!

Good day to everyone, too! FC <3 ...

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22965 Feb 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... good to see you as always ... Sorry to hear of Vee's best friend passing! I saw on FaceBook that a diamond is a girls best friend never had a dog ... a dog is a girls best friend ... I feel for Vee ... a tough day for her ... Sorry, Vee! Better days ahead for you ... <3 from Jax & PoohBear, too!
Good day to everyone, too! FC <3 ...
Hello Flower....feeling better? Sincerely hope so.
I sure miss my dogs, could never go through it again,
and my heart goes out to Vee too.
Just been watching Animal Cops Houston....a lovely lady
had to part with her three Pot Bellied Pigs, due to finances,
they were like children to her....on the positive side, she
was happy that they got good homes and can be admired for
doing what was best for them.
Often think of how wonderful you were to drive all that way
to rescue Jax from the hurricane. I saw where he sensed your
friend's distress...his own background must have given him a
sixth sense, sort of more tuned in to folk's feelings...it's like
everything else, if everything is peaches and cream all one's life,
then nothing to fall back on.....know what I mean?!...
Getting a bit deep now even for me.....plus, have a heavyweight
cat (Joe Celt) determined to walk on my keypad..so quitting while
I am ahead....
have a pleasant evening my friend....love and stuffxx

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#22966 Feb 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately for you I am not one of them ....... I would ruin the view!
OH don't be so hard on yourself Quinny!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22967 Feb 12, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on some roads!! The A38 from Exeter to Plymouth can be a real pain with people sitting in the fast lane (it's only two lane) and doing less than 70mph.
Is that road rated at 70 MPH??? That is the fastest any roads are rated in canada, that I am aware of. Are there any roads in the UK rated faster? Do some allow 75 or 80 MPH?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22968 Feb 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you say Denny. Incidentally there is no such thing as
a 'fast lane', as the blanket speed is 70 mph on the motorways
the two outer lanes are overtaking lanes and the inner lane is regarded as a slow lane due to coaches and HGV's having a
'ceiling' of 60 mph.
60 max on a duel carriageway.
the same rules apply here. WE are taught to let others pass if they want to, even if that means they are speeding to do so ... it is considered courtesy. It is not up to individuals to control how others drive, as it will just make them angry and drive even more recklessly..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22969 Feb 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko ... thanks for the good luck wishes ... 2 wks and 5 days out of sx and things are getting much better thank goodness ... Hope all is well on the home/work front for you as well ... here are the rules as we know them and if I left something out maybe Rose Bud can correct me as I typed them off the top of my head on the tips of my fingers without proofreading because my caregiver was here talking to me and my multi-tasking is not up to par as of this writing, lol ... so here goes:
0-zero is a wild card which can be used n a couple of 2 ways ...
0132 ---> a straight 1234
0212 ---> 3 2's and an ace high ( the 1 is an ace and the extra card is doubled since you've got 3 2's with the 0 being the wild card ...
7705 ---> 3 7's over 2 5's gives you a full house ... you take the 3 7's and double the 5 giving you a full house ... ALSO ...
1117 ... you CAN make it 3 of a kind BUT in actuality ... it IS 3 aces' over 7's ... that is the rule we made ... sometimes even I forget that rule ...
1111 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ...
4440 ... 4 of a kind, best hand ... of couse, 4 aces beat anything ...
examples of a straight ...
4065 just remember to scramble the numbers to read the straights ... and remember the 0's are wild ...
and so on ...
2656 ... your pair of 7's got me so I fold like an ironing board, lol ...
Enjoy your evening! FC <3 ...
I hope the new caregiver is working out well ... did you ever get an explanation as to the other's untimely departure? I mean, I can't imagine that you are that difficult to work for? LOL!!!

I knew all those rules except did not know 0 was wild ... have to keep that in mind!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min greymouser 145,015
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min Old Sam 25,813
OMG! Just look at this! 4 min Emerald 34
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is BLACK 5 min night machine 358
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 5 min David Morrison 200
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 9 min Old Sam 1,253
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Lawrence Wolf 115,062
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Roxie Darling 18,453
Fergson Police Dept. 11 min Digital Etiquette 307
What's your tip for the day? 15 min Mega Monster 785