“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#22930 Feb 10, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know if the beaches are as pretty though :)
I prefer Hawaii because of all the sexy hula dancers ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#22931 Feb 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again, my friend ... Not reading anything since the sx, no movie theater, no driving, did finally go out to breakfast with Brenda yesterday and Kohls Dept., Store and Big Lots (a big outing indeed), no internet, no gym ... practically nothing for 4 weeks post surgery ... daytime television basically bytes the big one ... it's only been 1 week 4 days ... so I still have some time to go ... I drove 2 times when I wasn't supposed to but I HAD to! Slowly on the mend but I'm a trooper and I'm getting there ... My caregiver quit the Wednesday before my surgery and I didn't find out til the Friday AFTER my sx ... didn't get a permanent caregiver til this past Monday ... so I was a whole week without one ... that also bit! lol ... it's all good ... I'll be fine ... SO! How are YOU? and P? and the little kittens?
Jax and PoohBear got their summer buzz cuts ... The groomer gave Jax a "mohawk" cut, lol ... she left about 4 inches a little wide on his back and it sort of looks like a mohawk ... it's kind of cute ... My elderly neighbors having been cooking dinner every night for me since my surgery and I tell you I've been eating very very well ... balanced meals ... I'm craving a junk meal ... hamburger, fries and a malt (don't tell them, though lol;)... their grand-daughter calls Jax -- Jackie boy and PoohBear -- Mister Mister ... she's a doll ... Jim Bob and Barbara Ann are probably in their 70's, just a lovely couple ... I met them through FreeCycle in 2007 when I had my Total Knee Replacement ... they care for me through my recovery then, too ... TOTAL STRANGERS, then too! and they were there every step of the way with my then late husband ... a true blessing God sent my way and they are the measure of true, tried and trusted FRIENDS! Doesn't get any better than that ... Can't say it's my charm that drew them my way, must've been my smile, lol ... nah, just kiddin'... we just connected ... I love them to no end ... and cooks, wow! They are both good cooks ... Well, I'll let your eyes rest now ... I haven't been out much and I'm just getting back to posting so look out ... there may be more, lol ... Enjoy your day, love! >>arms around you<< FC <3 ...
6875 ... looky there, a straight! I bet pot roast and veggies tonight ...
Hey FC ... that sucks having a caregiver quit at such a bad time .... I know from past expereince with my ex how hard it is to find a decent caregiver. Wish yuo luck.

9757 .... no chance agasint yuor straight ...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#22932 Feb 10, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Tony....should be a brilliant game this afternoon, hoping for another brilliant result!
Can't not mention Wales impressive win over France yesterday...
Getting interesting....yes indeedy!
Well, it wasn't pretty and it wasn't even a particularly good game of rugby, but given the conditions, that is understandable. The right result, now we need to sort the Froggies at Twickenham in two weeks' time.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22933 Feb 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that and I know others do that too if someoen tailgates .. no I am talking about someone who drives slow no matter what ... but then refuses to let anyone pass .... its like they think they own the road or they are the speed enforcement association or something ...

My brother once managed to get pas such a person and then HE drove too slow for that guy (about 20 in a 30 zone) just to get him back .... did it for 15 blocks and even when the guy signalled to turn, he turned too ....LOOL!!! Pizzed the guy off for a good 15 minutes.
Been there done that on both side steers & highway. I have a lead foot but still move over when someone wants to pass.

Folks you're talking about don't even drive the minimum speed limit.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22934 Feb 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer Hawaii because of all the sexy hula dancers ....
Fortunately for you I am not one of them ....... I would ruin the view!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#22935 Feb 11, 2013
Spare a thought for Trevor Grills, one of the group Fisherman's Friend from Port Isaac, Cornwall (for our US friends, it is the village in which Doc Martin is filmed). There was a dreadful accident in Guildford yesterday when a huge steel door fell on both him and the tour manager who was killed. Trevor is in critical condition in hospital:

A nicer bunch of lads you couldn't hope to meet - they have not become big-headed with their success and still sing regularly for free in the village on a Friday night, in between major tours and gigs.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22936 Feb 11, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it wasn't pretty and it wasn't even a particularly good game of rugby, but given the conditions, that is understandable. The right result, now we need to sort the Froggies at Twickenham in two weeks' time.
As long as you won it doesn't need to be pretty :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22937 Feb 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that on both side steers & highway. I have a lead foot but still move over when someone wants to pass.
Folks you're talking about don't even drive the minimum speed limit.
You have no idea how good people drive in the UK.No one gets in the fast lane and slows traffic down. They drive so much better than we do

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#22938 Feb 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea how good people drive in the UK.No one gets in the fast lane and slows traffic down. They drive so much better than we do
Only on some roads!! The A38 from Exeter to Plymouth can be a real pain with people sitting in the fast lane (it's only two lane) and doing less than 70mph.

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22939 Feb 11, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Spare a thought for Trevor Grills, one of the group Fisherman's Friend from Port Isaac, Cornwall (for our US friends, it is the village in which Doc Martin is filmed). There was a dreadful accident in Guildford yesterday when a huge steel door fell on both him and the tour manager who was killed. Trevor is in critical condition in hospital:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TW5IdBWmWGcXX
A nicer bunch of lads you couldn't hope to meet - they have not become big-headed with their success and still sing regularly for free in the village on a Friday night, in between major tours and gigs.
That's dreadful news Tony, so sorry to hear of this happening.
Commiserations to the tour manager's family and will certainly
keep Trevor in my thoughts. The group must be devasted, indeed
the whole community.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#22940 Feb 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's dreadful news Tony, so sorry to hear of this happening.
Commiserations to the tour manager's family and will certainly
keep Trevor in my thoughts. The group must be devasted, indeed
the whole community.
Indeed they are. All the members are villagers and the majority were full-time fishermen before their success. It was a real fairy tale - a scout from a record company heard them singing in the village on a Friday which is what they've done since the late 80s and within a month, they had a 1 million record deal.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22941 Feb 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea how good people drive in the UK.No one gets in the fast lane and slows traffic down. They drive so much better than we do
Nice of you say Denny. Incidentally there is no such thing as
a 'fast lane', as the blanket speed is 70 mph on the motorways
the two outer lanes are overtaking lanes and the inner lane is regarded as a slow lane due to coaches and HGV's having a
'ceiling' of 60 mph.
60 max on a duel carriageway.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22942 Feb 11, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they are. All the members are villagers and the majority were full-time fishermen before their success. It was a real fairy tale - a scout from a record company heard them singing in the village on a Friday which is what they've done since the late 80s and within a month, they had a 1 million record deal.
Good group..very enterprising of them. Similar to the quarrymen
here who sing in choirs, many have gone on to achieve great success. Really is most unfortunate that these gents had such an accident...this is a crucial time I expect for Trevor.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22943 Feb 11, 2013
good day all , I have to look up to see sky

better explain...SNOW

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22944 Feb 11, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Thank you for your condolences... I know they are heartfelt and they are very much appreciated.. 2012 was a real hard year on this ol' gals heart.. I still find myself breaking down from time to time... A word a glance at a picture or simply the thought of it all knocks me down.. but as always I get back up and just keep on going counting the blessings I am given each day...
We got lucky concerning the snow if you want to call it luck when it's been raining...
;o)
I told Flower.. I'm gonna go down to Texas and chuck her a good one in the arm..hahahahaha
I guess we were just a bit too warm for it to become snow here in the valley... Honestly I do prefer snow over rain though... It's not near the mess... The Chi-Kids aren't fond of snow but Josie Wails LOVES IT!
It's really good to see you back in the kitchen as you have been missed.. I hope that this was a great day for you and that you had fun no matter what you had to do...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
'Morning Dear Rose...only natural to break down....it's no time at all. You know me enough to know that although I perhaps do not
'go to town' with my feelings here, I care very much, nevertheless. The curse of being British....we are not sufficiently outgoing I'm afraid.
I think it takes losing those dear to us, to appreciate what we ourselves have, however little, be it worldly goods, health, whatever, it is so easy to take it all for granted when everything has been rosy along the way.
Have a wonderful day filled with everything you wish for others...:) Love...Elx

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22945 Feb 11, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got Boomer Lady El.....he is now wishing he was there to enjoy the cheesecake. As we would say here..he is drooling!!! LOL I would love to have the recipe if you would like to share?
Lots of love to you.
I can promise had Boomer been here, Brighteyes, he would have
had the Lion's Share of the cheesecake...:) If I say so myself, it really is very moreish.

Terribly simple recipe...

3oz unsalted butter melted in a pan.
Add approx 8 crushed Digestive biscuits and stir until
butter absorbed.
Press this mix into the base of a losse bottomed baking tin.

Put 400g or 14 oz of Philly cream cheese into a mixing bowl
and beat. I used 160g of Philly chocolate cream chesse and
the remainder regular Plilly cream cheese.
Beat this until smooth and creamy...then add two eggs, beat until
merely blended. Do not overbeat at this stage. Gently stir in any added liqueur of choice if wished.
Pour on top of the base of biscuits.

Into the oven it goes for 50 minutes on 325F or until the centre has set.

Once cooled add fruit decoration I decorated with mandarin oranges.

Enjoy!

Refrigerate for three hours before eating.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22946 Feb 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
better explain...SNOW
Saw the weather on Sky news.....can only sympathise!

'Morning Sir Tally.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22947 Feb 11, 2013
Brighteyes.....

forgot to add....1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
to the mix....also you can use a Graham pie crust
(6oz) instead of the biscuit base if you so wish.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22948 Feb 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
better explain...SNOW
Is it too early to join me in a Hot Chocolate Sir Tally?
It will take the chill away.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#22949 Feb 11, 2013
How time flies, coming up Tea Time already....

Twinings and hot buttered crumpets order of the day.

Snow looks imminent, time to feed the pets and
settle down for the evening...

Liverpool FC will be playing later so that is unmissable.

Logging out.....see you tomorrow hopefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Amelinda 21,402
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min dirtclod 117,506
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Not That Time of ... 2,478
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min whatimeisit 54,697
What's That Word Mean To You????????????????????? (Jan '13) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,593
Drop 3 Keep 2 }of the words in a sentence{ 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 10
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 19 min Amelinda 2,135
Ebola in America 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 41
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Laura french 147,750
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr Heres lookin at y... 6,419
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 5 hr SLY WEST 33

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE