El's Kitchen

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22910 Feb 10, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A very Good Morning to you Flower....
Hope this finds you fully recovered from the surgery..
What are you reading these days? I am picking up
reading again, have started to read The Black Hill..
'bout twin brothers who live on the border of England
and Wales, I read it before but have totally forgotten
how it pans out. So it is like reading it afresh.
Have a great day Cariad.
Love...<3
Hello again, my friend ... Not reading anything since the sx, no movie theater, no driving, did finally go out to breakfast with Brenda yesterday and Kohls Dept., Store and Big Lots (a big outing indeed), no internet, no gym ... practically nothing for 4 weeks post surgery ... daytime television basically bytes the big one ... it's only been 1 week 4 days ... so I still have some time to go ... I drove 2 times when I wasn't supposed to but I HAD to! Slowly on the mend but I'm a trooper and I'm getting there ... My caregiver quit the Wednesday before my surgery and I didn't find out til the Friday AFTER my sx ... didn't get a permanent caregiver til this past Monday ... so I was a whole week without one ... that also bit! lol ... it's all good ... I'll be fine ... SO! How are YOU? and P? and the little kittens?
Jax and PoohBear got their summer buzz cuts ... The groomer gave Jax a "mohawk" cut, lol ... she left about 4 inches a little wide on his back and it sort of looks like a mohawk ... it's kind of cute ... My elderly neighbors having been cooking dinner every night for me since my surgery and I tell you I've been eating very very well ... balanced meals ... I'm craving a junk meal ... hamburger, fries and a malt (don't tell them, though lol;)... their grand-daughter calls Jax -- Jackie boy and PoohBear -- Mister Mister ... she's a doll ... Jim Bob and Barbara Ann are probably in their 70's, just a lovely couple ... I met them through FreeCycle in 2007 when I had my Total Knee Replacement ... they care for me through my recovery then, too ... TOTAL STRANGERS, then too! and they were there every step of the way with my then late husband ... a true blessing God sent my way and they are the measure of true, tried and trusted FRIENDS! Doesn't get any better than that ... Can't say it's my charm that drew them my way, must've been my smile, lol ... nah, just kiddin'... we just connected ... I love them to no end ... and cooks, wow! They are both good cooks ... Well, I'll let your eyes rest now ... I haven't been out much and I'm just getting back to posting so look out ... there may be more, lol ... Enjoy your day, love! >>arms around you<< FC <3 ...

6875 ... looky there, a straight! I bet pot roast and veggies tonight ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22911 Feb 10, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon El getting very excited,lol,just off out around mates house to watch it.
Good afternoon, babes ... happy day to you! <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22912 Feb 10, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. A littler cooler here but pretty good for February :)
Good morning, Denny! A good pouring of rain at 0500 ... lasted 15 minutes and then ran east of the IH35 corridor ... high of 73-75 today ... I bet the sun peeps through pretty soon ... yes, a lovely day indeed! Enjoy it! FC <3 ...

“Fairyland”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22913 Feb 10, 2013
'Afternoon' to all here,
pouring rain here, hope it won't affect
the match today.

See the 'horse meat' scandal is hotting up..
now seemingly, it is widespread across Europe..

I think it is disgraceful, fooling people
like that, selling a product as 'beef'
when in fact it is something entirely,
some products were 100% horse meat, and now
they are trying to trace what by products
were in that horse meat consumed..

I don't eat meat, and yet,
I can honestly say...
I'd find it difficult to even buy
a vegetarian product from FINDUS,
who are also involved.
as WHO can believe what's actually in it!

I'm glad, at least that Ireland, was the first
to do a spot check on the quality of meat consumed,
and by doing so ... opened up
a whole hornet's nest [in a beneficial way].

Good greetings to all on the thread.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#22914 Feb 10, 2013
Good day to all!
Brighteyes has just discovered Monty Python, specifically, the Holy Grail and Life of Brian!

The horse meat scandal in Europe just hit the local paper here. I saw an article on the web AND in the USA Today paper about a week ago. It seems there is a scandal once a week! Alas, another cup of coffee and with my own scandalous behavior, a little brandy in it! LOL! Cheers.
Let the games begin...
Peace.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22915 Feb 10, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Coffee for me and a seat by the fire please :)
I would like tea please. Hello Denny, would you please move over and share the fire? It looks lovely Lady El and thank you for you hospitality. Boomer will have coffee a little sugar.
Krypteia

Haywards Heath, UK

#22916 Feb 10, 2013
A happy result..

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#22917 Feb 10, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
A happy result..
Well done England...commiserations Ireland.

Manchester United also won their match against Everton..

a good afternoon this side of the Irish Sea.(sorry Grace)

Location hidden

#22918 Feb 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again, my friend ... Not reading anything since the sx, no movie theater, no driving, did finally go out to breakfast with Brenda yesterday and Kohls Dept., Store and Big Lots (a big outing indeed), no internet, no gym ... practically nothing for 4 weeks post surgery ... daytime television basically bytes the big one ... it's only been 1 week 4 days ... so I still have some time to go ... I drove 2 times when I wasn't supposed to but I HAD to! Slowly on the mend but I'm a trooper and I'm getting there ... My caregiver quit the Wednesday before my surgery and I didn't find out til the Friday AFTER my sx ... didn't get a permanent caregiver til this past Monday ... so I was a whole week without one ... that also bit! lol ... it's all good ... I'll be fine ... SO! How are YOU? and P? and the little kittens?
Jax and PoohBear got their summer buzz cuts ... The groomer gave Jax a "mohawk" cut, lol ... she left about 4 inches a little wide on his back and it sort of looks like a mohawk ... it's kind of cute ... My elderly neighbors having been cooking dinner every night for me since my surgery and I tell you I've been eating very very well ... balanced meals ... I'm craving a junk meal ... hamburger, fries and a malt (don't tell them, though lol;)... their grand-daughter calls Jax -- Jackie boy and PoohBear -- Mister Mister ... she's a doll ... Jim Bob and Barbara Ann are probably in their 70's, just a lovely couple ... I met them through FreeCycle in 2007 when I had my Total Knee Replacement ... they care for me through my recovery then, too ... TOTAL STRANGERS, then too! and they were there every step of the way with my then late husband ... a true blessing God sent my way and they are the measure of true, tried and trusted FRIENDS! Doesn't get any better than that ... Can't say it's my charm that drew them my way, must've been my smile, lol ... nah, just kiddin'... we just connected ... I love them to no end ... and cooks, wow! They are both good cooks ... Well, I'll let your eyes rest now ... I haven't been out much and I'm just getting back to posting so look out ... there may be more, lol ... Enjoy your day, love! >>arms around you<< FC <3 ...
6875 ... looky there, a straight! I bet pot roast and veggies tonight ...
We are fine here Flower...but YOU...you are right, you ARE a
Trooper..how absolutely heartless of your caregiver to quit
presumably knowing you was to have surgery...seems that was
a blessing in disguise to have her out of your life with such
an attitude...
It sounds for all the world that God did send those two Angels
your way...they sound wonderful people true Christians.
I hd one of those Angels when I first moved to Wales, I was admitted to hospital, lived here on my own at that time too,
and was busy renovating a 16th century house so it was most inconvenient, lol, when I was discharged a dear Welsh lady of around 80 would bring me Bara Brith and come to call to keep me company...it meant so much. I missed her very much when I left that area.
Digressing (what's new)!...:)
Plenty of time to get out and about again when you are stronger....
Glad to see you again my friend, missed you loads.
{{{Arms around you HUGS}}}

Location hidden

#22919 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
'Afternoon' to all here,
pouring rain here, hope it won't affect
the match today.
See the 'horse meat' scandal is hotting up..
now seemingly, it is widespread across Europe..
I think it is disgraceful, fooling people
like that, selling a product as 'beef'
when in fact it is something entirely,
some products were 100% horse meat, and now
they are trying to trace what by products
were in that horse meat consumed..
I don't eat meat, and yet,
I can honestly say...
I'd find it difficult to even buy
a vegetarian product from FINDUS,
who are also involved.
as WHO can believe what's actually in it!
I'm glad, at least that Ireland, was the first
to do a spot check on the quality of meat consumed,
and by doing so ... opened up
a whole hornet's nest [in a beneficial way].
Good greetings to all on the thread.
Grace....you have been in my thoughts throughout my short
absence....as has your friend.

Without Ireland taking matters into their own hands and checking
the quality of meat....this could have gone undetected for much longer than it has already.....it really does beggar belief.
Thing is, we could be self-sufficient as far as meat is concerned, I don't understand why we should import at all.
I rarely eat red meat anyway..but certainly not at all now.
Also, after years upon years of consuming Soya Milk, I now learn that it can cause health risks....

On a lighter note, did you watch the X-Factor? I read something about a tour?

It's looking like snow before the night is through!

Location hidden

#22920 Feb 10, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Good day to all!
Brighteyes has just discovered Monty Python, specifically, the Holy Grail and Life of Brian!
The horse meat scandal in Europe just hit the local paper here. I saw an article on the web AND in the USA Today paper about a week ago. It seems there is a scandal once a week! Alas, another cup of coffee and with my own scandalous behavior, a little brandy in it! LOL! Cheers.
Let the games begin...
Peace.
Overheard a fellow being asked if he wanted a Burger at
McDonald's today...he answered NEIGH..then galloped off!....:)

Daft joke that was in today's newspaper.

Have been enjoying coffee with a drop of Rum in it.....oh, and
made a chocolate cheesecake yesterday adding a magic ingredient
which you put me on to! Really delicious.

Location hidden

#22921 Feb 10, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like tea please. Hello Denny, would you please move over and share the fire? It looks lovely Lady El and thank you for you hospitality. Boomer will have coffee a little sugar.
Drop of whisky in your tea Brighteyes? One of the perks of
these cold mornings.
I see you have discovered Monty Python...:) Wondered if you
have watched any of the Faulty Towers series. Very very funny.

Location hidden

#22922 Feb 10, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to go to Maui!
Could be completely wrong but Maui sounds Hawaiian?
If so, I will join you...:)
Just waiting for the promised snow, nothing such as
you have over there, but snow nonetheless.
Some good news Quincy, P's son fixed my camera, the card
was reading 'error' and the camera was new...anyway, am
now able to put those Toby Jugs on e-bay along with photos.
That is what I have lined up for tomorrow, meanwhile the
BAFTA's are on tv this evening, about to watch the Red Carpet.
Hope all is well there and you didn't get snowed under.

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#22923 Feb 10, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Dear Rose...
Good to come back and read all your posts, having said that,
am so terribly sorry to hear of all the losses in such a short space of time...just unbelievably sad.
Makes you want to enjoy each day we have left, and I am sure there are many of those to come!....:)
I saw the snowfall on the tv...I was thinking to myself, how on earth will Rose walk the Chi-kids in that lot, truth, the first thought came into my head.
Hope you were spared the worst of it and that all is well in your world.
Love and bestest of wishes....
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Thank you for your condolences... I know they are heartfelt and they are very much appreciated.. 2012 was a real hard year on this ol' gals heart.. I still find myself breaking down from time to time... A word a glance at a picture or simply the thought of it all knocks me down.. but as always I get back up and just keep on going counting the blessings I am given each day...
We got lucky concerning the snow if you want to call it luck when it's been raining...
;o)
I told Flower.. I'm gonna go down to Texas and chuck her a good one in the arm..hahahahaha
I guess we were just a bit too warm for it to become snow here in the valley... Honestly I do prefer snow over rain though... It's not near the mess... The Chi-Kids aren't fond of snow but Josie Wails LOVES IT!
It's really good to see you back in the kitchen as you have been missed.. I hope that this was a great day for you and that you had fun no matter what you had to do...
Sending you all of my best wishes and a bunch of love...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#22924 Feb 10, 2013
Sending warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness to all the good folks who visit El's Kitchen...
@}-'--,---

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22925 Feb 10, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Overheard a fellow being asked if he wanted a Burger at
McDonald's today...he answered NEIGH..then galloped off!....:)
Daft joke that was in today's newspaper.
Have been enjoying coffee with a drop of Rum in it.....oh, and
made a chocolate cheesecake yesterday adding a magic ingredient
which you put me on to! Really delicious.
You got Boomer Lady El.....he is now wishing he was there to enjoy the cheesecake. As we would say here..he is drooling!!! LOL I would love to have the recipe if you would like to share?
Lots of love to you.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22926 Feb 10, 2013
My Dear Friend Grace -
I have not been ignoring you or the challenging time you are experiencing with your friend. I intended a personal message off thread but technology has not been my pal in trying to do so.

In reality time dies not necessarily heal all and things do not always 'get better'. The best we can hope for is that our friends do not suffer and that they have peace. The well meaning platitudes are just that -- we'll meaning and it is best to accept them with the sincerity with which they are intended.

Yes, I said 'our friends'. My dear friend whom I've known for over 30 years had her third surgery for a brain tumor just after Thanksgiving. I found it all terribly upsetting. But a wise woman pointed out that this is not about me, it is about what's best for my friend --- for your friend --- and what she wants.

We can and should continue to enjoy our time with our friends and cherish all the moments together. Treat her as you always have and not like someone who is seriously ill.

Be well stay well and I wish you & your friend peace.
Quinny

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22927 Feb 10, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Could be completely wrong but Maui sounds Hawaiian?
If so, I will join you...:)
Just waiting for the promised snow, nothing such as
you have over there, but snow nonetheless.
Some good news Quincy, P's son fixed my camera, the card
was reading 'error' and the camera was new...anyway, am
now able to put those Toby Jugs on e-bay along with photos.
That is what I have lined up for tomorrow, meanwhile the
BAFTA's are on tv this evening, about to watch the Red Carpet.
Hope all is well there and you didn't get snowed under.
So much for modern technology!
:-)

No snow by my house but close to 9 inches by my office.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#22928 Feb 10, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can't see your headlights you're too close to my car......and I will slow to a crawl to get you off my a....
The weather & driving to work yesterday was so dangerous --- snow, ice & low visibility ---- the normal speed limit would have been too fast. If I was too slow feel free to go around me instead of riding my back bumper.
I got to work without hitting anyone or anyone hitting me.
I understand that and I know others do that too if someoen tailgates .. no I am talking about someone who drives slow no matter what ... but then refuses to let anyone pass .... its like they think they own the road or they are the speed enforcement association or something ...

My brother once managed to get pas such a person and then HE drove too slow for that guy (about 20 in a 30 zone) just to get him back .... did it for 15 blocks and even when the guy signalled to turn, he turned too ....LOOL!!! Pizzed the guy off for a good 15 minutes.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#22929 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Thank you very much
BRIGHT EYES; DENNY; EL, DDR.
for your kindly posts.
Grace, I was not in the thread for a few days so I missed this. I too am sorry to hear that your freind is so ill and that it affects you so much .... I hope you draw strength from all those who support you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question 2 min KNIGHT DeVINE 439
kiss of the century 3 min Judy 123 44
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,939
Let's Play Another Three Words,... 6 min KNIGHT DeVINE 51
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 7 min Judy 123 10,159
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,553
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,882
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 167,056
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 12,647
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 6,041
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 5 hr Mega Monster 21
More from around the web