“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22847 Feb 6, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Am sorry to hear this, Grace..we all feel helpless.. WHEN someone we love or an acquaintance is I'll and will not recover. All you can do is BE THERE for them..DO NOT IGNORE THEM...they WERE a part of YOUR life, when they were well.
NOW, they need your strength and courage.. to face their fate...YOU are the link to WHAT they will be losing..LIFE!!..I nedx a cup of coffer and a slice of banana bread....to go, I also have a pal dying of cancer..please, heed my words and Grace's...UNTIL you have someone close dying or yourself... YOU VALUE.. ALL THOSE WHO will be left behind....MISSING YOU!!
I am sorry too to hear you have a friend
in the same position, and I offer my sympathy to you..

yet, I found your post to me
strange,
you ask me not to IGNORE the person??
and to heed your words..

odd thing to say, when I am attentive [to her]
to a fault and broken, I went into the hospital the other night,
only to be turned away by the nurses,
that hardly indicates 'ignoring'

Well, I'll stop there,
as we are both in the same boat in this regard..
and perhaps I'm not in the humour to be writing about this..

so I'll stop.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22848 Feb 6, 2013
Thank you very much

BRIGHT EYES; DENNY; EL, DDR.
for your kindly posts.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22849 Feb 6, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm jealous !:-)
You should be. It has been very mild and warm for more than a week here. Almost like spring :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22850 Feb 6, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Am sorry to hear this, Grace..we all feel helpless.. WHEN someone we love or an acquaintance is I'll and will not recover. All you can do is BE THERE for them..DO NOT IGNORE THEM...they WERE a part of YOUR life, when they were well.
NOW, they need your strength and courage.. to face their fate...YOU are the link to WHAT they will be losing..LIFE!!..I nedx a cup of coffer and a slice of banana bread....to go, I also have a pal dying of cancer..please, heed my words and Grace's...UNTIL you have someone close dying or yourself... YOU VALUE.. ALL THOSE WHO will be left behind....MISSING YOU!!
Good morning CC. Let me see if there is banana bread left or if Quinn ate it all. Yep there is some left for you :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22851 Feb 6, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Thank you very much
BRIGHT EYES; DENNY; EL, DDR.
for your kindly posts.
You are warm in our hearts

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#22852 Feb 6, 2013
Good day to all!
Grace it is most unfortunate when someone near and dear becomes ill. There are a lot of words to say or write. However, that really isn't enough!
Sometimes we have to summon the courage from deep inside, find the love and the light, to pass on to our friends and loved ones.
May Light and Love Bless your friend.
Peace.
Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#22853 Feb 6, 2013
Hello El and all been a while,a passing hello and hope you are ll well.
Let's see EL what our over paid over inflated football team can do tonight.lol

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#22854 Feb 6, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for this DDR,
Yes, it has been very controversial over here..
we were talking about it here on El's K..
and some interesting views.
only today, another controversy has arisen
about the same thing!
Hope you are gently easing into Spring..
Bring back one of those lovely
GARDENS you did so well..
Life is sad,[for me just now] could do with the fragrance
of Spring flowers wafting around...
Hello Lady Grace...
I really understand how you feel about your friend.. I haven't mentioned it here but last year in May a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.. This was a man so full of life and laughter it was almost impossible to believe.. It broke my heart to watch his decline.. but we still shared a few laughs and the subject was not discussed..
My Dear and Precious Brother in Law of 34 years passed on May 21, My Cousin Passed on May 22, My Sweet Friend passed just two weeks later...He was gone withing 3 months time of recieving the diagnosis..
I Lost 7 people I loved and cared for deeply between the months of April and December last year...
Life is fleeting and fragil and tomorrow is never promised to anyone, still accepting things you can not change is very difficult...

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Knowing so much pain has given me a real reason to count all of my blessings... so each day no matter how difficult things may be or how wonderful... I remind myslef that I was privilaged to know and love each of the ones who have gone on before me..
I hope that your day will be a good one and I hope that Your friend will not suffer and that when the time comes for Teresa to take her leave of this life it will be with peace and the knowledge that she was loved...
Sending you all of my best wishes...
@}-'--,---

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#22855 Feb 6, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lady Grace...
I really understand how you feel about your friend.. I haven't mentioned it here but last year in May a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.. This was a man so full of life and laughter it was almost impossible to believe.. It broke my heart to watch his decline.. but we still shared a few laughs and the subject was not discussed..
My Dear and Precious Brother in Law of 34 years passed on May 21, My Cousin Passed on May 22, My Sweet Friend passed just two weeks later...He was gone withing 3 months time of recieving the diagnosis..
I Lost 7 people I loved and cared for deeply between the months of April and December last year...
Life is fleeting and fragil and tomorrow is never promised to anyone, still accepting things you can not change is very difficult...
Knowing so much pain has given me a real reason to count all of my blessings... so each day no matter how difficult things may be or how wonderful... I remind myslef that I was privilaged to know and love each of the ones who have gone on before me..
I hope that your day will be a good one and I hope that Your friend will not suffer and that when the time comes for Teresa to take her leave of this life it will be with peace and the knowledge that she was loved...
@}-'--,---
Ah yes! The prayer of St Francis...
Blessings!

#22856 Feb 6, 2013
Good Afternoon Lady Eleanor...
Today is yet another gray day here in the valley... It was 30 degrees this morning and The ground was crunchy under my feet so at least it wasn't a mud pit..
There's one of those little blessings..
:o)
Today I plan on doing some general household chores and not much else as these old bones of mine are fussing...
The Pack have all been walked watered and fed, played with and petted so they are settled down for naps right now..
I'm sure I will get barked at as soon as I get out the vaccum cleaner.. Vaccums are the mortal enemy of these crazy hounds..hahahaha
So for now I have a load of throw rugs washing and when they are finished I'll do the vaccuming.. I'm going to dust everything in the livingroom in the mean time.. So I had better get to it soon...
Sending You and Yours all of my best...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

#22857 Feb 6, 2013
Sending my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness to all of the Good Folks who visit El's Kitchen...
@}-'--,---

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#22858 Feb 6, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Hello El and all been a while,a passing hello and hope you are ll well.
Let's see EL what our over paid over inflated football team can do tonight.lol
Evening K - amazingly, win! Must be the season of miracles.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22859 Feb 6, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't lose him - he was buried in Greyfriars monastery after his death at Bosworth Field in 1485. The monateries were dissolved in 1536-8, which meant that their buildings were robbed of the stone, amongst other things. Over time, other buildings went up on the site. Currently it's a municipal car park. Archaeologists have now discovered the site of the monastery and with it, the bones of Richard III.
thank you for wonderful info in history
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#22860 Feb 6, 2013
Hello tony, yes a win they actually looked worth watching for once.
Richard 111 has been named 1485 hide & seek champion,lol

#22861 Feb 6, 2013
.The Essence Of Me...

Deeper than the hair
on my skin..
Deeper than the skin
covering my muscles..
Deeper than the muscles
that move my body..
Deeper than the veins
that feed my muscles..
Deeper than the nerves
that give movement to my muscles..
Deeper than the bones
of my skeleton..
Deeper than the marrow
of my bones..
Deeper than the form
in which I exist...
Lives My Soul....
2/6/13
@}-'--,---

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22862 Feb 7, 2013
Good morning El and Grace and all my friends. All you animal lovers need to check out Wimp.com . The best animal videos. There was a great one of a dog in the window barking at something. As they got closer the animal turned around and it was a cat not a dog. He stopped barking and started meowing when he was caught :)

Level 1

Location hidden

#22863 Feb 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You can just pray Grace. And be strong for your friend
who is fortunate to have such good friends around her.
Let her go with an easy mind having made her Peace with God.
"In the midst of life we are in death".
Well, Ive never been no Valentino, but I knew a girl thatlived in Reno...

Left me for a trumpet player, but it didn't bring me down...

He was wanted for assault, though he said it weren't his fault... You know the coppers rolled him right out of town.

Now I can sleep until tthe crack of noon, midnight howling at the moon...

Going out when I want to, and I'm coming home when I please.

Don't have to ask permission, wanna go out fishing...

Never have to ask for the keys...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22864 Feb 7, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lady Grace...
@}-'--,---
Thanks for above post DDR,

Yes indeed, as we go on in life, we, most unfortunately
see many of our friends 'pass' before us..

I've experienced this more times than I care to
recall, I'm sure all folks here have.

I'm very sorry you had to experience these losses
in such quick succession.

The problem is no matter HOW many times
we experience the death of a loved one =
friend or relative..
we never grow used to the parting..

I think this is because each person is
individually unique, in WHO they were
and what they brought to our lives..

but,

it is the way of things,
and like you wisely said,
it makes us appreciate being here
in the 'now' and all of this wonderful life
going on around us..

Liked your more recent poem a lot.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22865 Feb 7, 2013
I have a small Christmas tree..
since December ...
only about 3 foot tall
still in perfect condition,
blooming away.

I simply couldn't throw it out..

how do I keep it now?

I feel I should transfer it to a bigger
pot.. perhaps in more Springlike weather
I can put it outdoors.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

#22866 Feb 7, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I have a small Christmas tree..
since December ...
only about 3 foot tall
still in perfect condition,
blooming away.
I simply couldn't throw it out..
how do I keep it now?
I feel I should transfer it to a bigger
pot.. perhaps in more Springlike weather
I can put it outdoors.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Hi Lady Grace...
If the tree is doing well in the pot it's in I wouldn't worry about transplanting it just yet... If it starts to show yellowing or signs of distress such as dropping needles then It might do with a larger pot...
If it's a Norfolk Island Pine they can be kept indoors all year round.. so long as they get plenty of sunlight and have open air...
In the spring it can be set outdoors or even transplanted in your garden.. Pines like to have a good amount of space between the trees.. so I wouldn't plant it real close to any other trees or shrubs..
I'm glad you enjoyed the poem and thank you for your condolences... It has been a very difficult time for me but I'm doing OK.. Some days are really hard but I just keep reminding myself that none of them would have wanted me to hurt because of them...
I hope that this has been a good day for you and that you will rest easy tonight...
Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness..
@}-'--,---

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 3 min andet1987 3,686
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,481
Obama takes control of Internet 3 min flbadcatowner 83
A six word game (Dec '08) 8 min whatimeisit 18,178
FREE Speech - BULLIES welcome... (Jul '12) 8 min enter username 769
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min andet1987 27,497
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 12 min andet1987 78,216
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min wichita-rick 157,761
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 42 min Barry 48
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 1 hr NinaRocks 388