“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#22349 Jan 22, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Tony we don't eat kidneys at all. I do know how to fix them though. You just boil the piss out of them :)
Depends what you're going to do with them. Fried lamb kidneys on toast or fried bread is a wonderful breakfast dish. The reason we cook 'em so long for steak and kidney pie is more the steak - we use a cheap cut of meat that has to be cooked slowly to tenderise it for a couple of hours before putting on the pastry lid. The very first time I made it, I didn't realise this - boy, was the meat tough!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#22350 Jan 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never said "gee I'm stuffed" after eating a big meal???
As for the 'fanny pack'--- it's that little purse like thing people strap around their waists ..... it zips ..... I know you've seen them!! They are everywhere in the warmer weather when people for walks wearing their sweat suit!'
You wouldn't want to be using it for that in England, fanny has one meaning over here and it isn't terribly polite! One word you don't hear in UK is "tush", which I believe has US coinage.
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#22351 Jan 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends what you're going to do with them. Fried lamb kidneys on toast or fried bread is a wonderful breakfast dish. The reason we cook 'em so long for steak and kidney pie is more the steak - we use a cheap cut of meat that has to be cooked slowly to tenderise it for a couple of hours before putting on the pastry lid. The very first time I made it, I didn't realise this - boy, was the meat tough!
Gd Morning Tony (& all)

Well aren't you the handy gent to
have around - making your own steak 'n kidney pie,
I know fellas who can't boil an egg, THAT'S TRUE.

Tony,
Is it true one can kinda taste urine when eating
Kidney?
I'm not joking, some day you can.
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#22352 Jan 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't want to be using it for that in England, fanny has one meaning over here and it isn't terribly polite! One word you don't hear in UK is "tush", which I believe has US coinage.
LOL ...

Isn't it interesting too ... how folks can laugh about the
word 'willy'(another name for 'the male private part)
and it is often so casually used in comedy -
and the same doesn't apply to
Fanny (another name for the female private part)

Discrimination .. Of a kind!!!
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#22353 Jan 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's miffed or pissed at someone
Just sayin'
Another difference here too.

If we are annoyed with someone,
We say 'I was really p*ssed OFF with 'X'

But if someone's very drunk
You'd hear

''X' was p*ssed last night'

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22354 Jan 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>i was wondering if some of the laws are different from here ....
WHo is RW???
Probably are, but I neglected to say that apparently, he didn't
do anything outside the law. Being that it was his company.

But..leaving that aside now...good question..who is RW?!

I meant to say RM..of course, lol.

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22355 Jan 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>DO tey now have a British versoin of tHE VOICE? Who are the judges?
I don't believe it has started yet this Season Franko, last year
the judges were Tom Jones, Wil-i-am, a female singer whose name escapes me, she sang at the Royal Jubilee and was very very good, and an Irish singer and producer I believe, also whose name escapes me regrettably, as I really liked him as a personality and a judge.

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22356 Jan 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for them. He's turned out to be a liar and a cheat and a thief. Not to mention a bully. From the link DW posted - "the interview" - sounds like he was looking for sympathy 'yeah but it wasn't as bad the Europeans in the '80s.'
He actually said that? From what I have gathered here in the
kitchen, he derseves no sympathy whatsoever. I don't say that
based on this one staement he made, obviously, but also on what
I learnt from Deer Whisperer and others, I was quick to judge,
not knowing the full story.

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22357 Jan 23, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Then you sure won't want to say where is my fanny pack in England or say I am stuffed after a big meal :)
No, you wouldn't..lol. Then again, we would say 'my bag''where's my
bag', meaning handbag, but that also has a double meaning, if you
called a woman an old bag for instance, it roughly means the same
as a 'dog'..or a 'scrubber'

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22358 Jan 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't want to be using it for that in England, fanny has one meaning over here and it isn't terribly polite! One word you don't hear in UK is "tush", which I believe has US coinage.
Oh the trouble we could get into!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22359 Jan 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Another difference here too.

If we are annoyed with someone,
We say 'I was really p*ssed OFF with 'X'

But if someone's very drunk
You'd hear

''X' was p*ssed last night'
You mean he got wasted at the bar?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22360 Jan 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>He actually said that? From what I have gathered here in the
kitchen, he derseves no sympathy whatsoever. I don't say that
based on this one staement he made, obviously, but also on what
I learnt from Deer Whisperer and others, I was quick to judge,
not knowing the full story.
Go back a few pages to the link Deer W provided. In Armstrong's interview with Oprah (the link) he seemed to try to dismiss the sheer depth of what he did by saying "yeah but it wasn't as bad as the _____ team did in the '80s" without going back to the link I can't recall the exact country but think it was European.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22361 Jan 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back a few pages to the link Deer W provided. In Armstrong's interview with Oprah (the link) he seemed to try to dismiss the sheer depth of what he did by saying "yeah but it wasn't as bad as the _____ team did in the '80s" without going back to the link I can't recall the exact country but think it was European.
Good morning Quinn. I had the best dream last night and I woke up thinking I have to remember this. Google Marjo Goitner. He was a kid evangulist and a great con man. He made a movie about tent preachers. I have always been interested in him and in my dream I met him :) Don't you love a good con man and scoundrel:) I love watching the Armstrong thing develop. What I can't believe is he beat every test. As you know I love magic so I have always been interested in fooling someone right in front of their eyes.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22362 Jan 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends what you're going to do with them. Fried lamb kidneys on toast or fried bread is a wonderful breakfast dish. The reason we cook 'em so long for steak and kidney pie is more the steak - we use a cheap cut of meat that has to be cooked slowly to tenderise it for a couple of hours before putting on the pastry lid. The very first time I made it, I didn't realise this - boy, was the meat tough!
We don't have meat pies other than chicken pot pies. YUM that is good

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22363 Jan 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ...
Isn't it interesting too ... how folks can laugh about the
word 'willy'(another name for 'the male private part)
and it is often so casually used in comedy -
and the same doesn't apply to
Fanny (another name for the female private part)
Discrimination .. Of a kind!!!
John Thomas is unknown in the states. Isn't it funny how we have all these different terms :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22364 Jan 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you wouldn't..lol. Then again, we would say 'my bag''where's my
bag', meaning handbag, but that also has a double meaning, if you
called a woman an old bag for instance, it roughly means the same
as a 'dog'..or a 'scrubber'
We would say the same thing about bag. We would say in the bag for being drunk. We would not say passed for being drunk :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22365 Jan 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Another difference here too.
If we are annoyed with someone,
We say 'I was really p*ssed OFF with 'X'
But if someone's very drunk
You'd hear
''X' was p*ssed last night'
Thus the saying you don't buy beer you rent it :)

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22367 Jan 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't want to be using it for that in England, fanny has one meaning over here and it isn't terribly polite! One word you don't hear in UK is "tush", which I believe has US coinage.
Thank you Tony for the clarification. Have a great day!

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22368 Jan 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back a few pages to the link Deer W provided. In Armstrong's interview with Oprah (the link) he seemed to try to dismiss the sheer depth of what he did by saying "yeah but it wasn't as bad as the _____ team did in the '80s" without going back to the link I can't recall the exact country but think it was European.
Trying to justify his actions. I don't want to join the knockers
particularly, having said that it should now be left out of media limelight, but on the other hand, I don't want y'all to think I
consider what he has done, unworthy of mention. Know what I mean?

And incidentally...knockers also can be used two ways, as it is slang
for a ladies' bust over here...:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22369 Jan 23, 2013
I think we have proven between us that it is very easy to put one's foot in it when abroard!

Well, it's snowing again here on top of ice, not good.

Wherever you are, have a good day and keep warm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min -Lea- 20,589
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 33 min AppHappy 71
Mystery Over 'Weird' Plane Trail Photograph 34 min Fundie Taliban 1
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 39 min AppHappy 2,554
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 49 min David0407 5,019
Florida Man Forced Exorcism on Elderly Girlfrie... (Sep '13) 52 min Lawrence Wolf 25
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 52 min Crazy Jae 1,370
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,027
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 27
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 2 hr wichita-rick 2
70-Pound Turtle Found Wandering Near SoCal Coun... 5 hr Fundie Taliban 2
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••