|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

NeverMissed wrote:
Evening all. How is everyone?
Hey there Never Missed! I missed ya!!!! Been a fun filled weekend for me. How about you? Do anything fun or interesting or seemingly mundane???

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

hey Quinn! Glad you had fun at your convention. Good to know people still like their job.

Rather excited about the North American Spring Fling.... How do we shorten that without it being a racy acronym!? LOL!

Hoping others nearby can make it to Fort Wayne. Ooooh, I feel like a character in Stephen Kings' "The Stand".

Big fun!

Enjoy your Monday if you are off work. Brighteyes is and I get to do breakfast!

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Never Missed! I missed ya!!!! Been a fun filled weekend for me. How about you? Do anything fun or interesting or seemingly mundane???
Nope. Just working and a little under the weather. Third time I've been sick in a month. Gotta work in the morning. Hope I make it.

Beside your fun weekend, how have you been?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Just working and a little under the weather. Third time I've been sick in a month. Gotta work in the morning. Hope I make it.

Beside your fun weekend, how have you been?
Be well and dodge the flu or worse. It's bad this year to point out the obvious.

Doing quite well actually. Things are moving in the direction I've been setting goals. Temp job has turned into a permanent gig with a fabulous company. Glad to be working after a long time unemployed. It will help get to where I want to be.

Winding down after the holidays and trying not to get sick. Something hit me around October.

Looking forward to boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookies!!!!!! Thin mint :-)

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Quinn, now you have donre the unmistakable...
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

Whoa...
I have to find my local girl scout and get my thin mint fix!

More later!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Well I know there is less chance of being shot in England. Our criminals are more apt to kill a witness. They say the first person you kill puts you in the chair so the rest are free. I do carry a small knife with me in England and I am not sure it is legal because it has a locking blade. The blade is only 2 inches but I am not sure about the lock being OK. I show my friends my gun license and they can't believe it because it is so foreign to them
Morning Denny and all others. Back now, and slowly ploughing through some 800 posts! Here is the relevant knife law for UK:

The CJA 1988 mainly relates to carrying knives in public places, Section 139 being the most important.

"It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]

A lock knife is regarded as any other for the purposes of the law, so you are legal with 2 inches. I have to say that very few apart from fishermen, hunters and criminals in the UK would consider carrying a knife inb public

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>But the 2nd amendment was all about the tyranny of government. It had nothing to do with hunting. An armed people are a free people.
I fear this one is used too often - even by elements of the NRA. As if civilians, with semi-automatic weapons and no trainiong would be any match for the trained military and police is ludicrous to me. In passing, this would be an armed uprising, commonly known as revolt/revolution (depending on scale). How on earth would this in any way defend a constitution? It would destroy it.

Many countries have much tougher gun laws than the US - do you suggest their people are any less free than US citizens?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, he's banned from competitive cycling now, including Olympics.
I'm very glad he will be getting sued by sponsors' and/or their insurance companies to recoup financial support to him and team. He had to step out of the Live Strong Foundation. I hope it continues to serve cancer survivors much like before. Time will out.
Good morning to you, PF :)
No doubt a Brit paper will be in there - they had to pay him damamges of over $1 million because they ran a story about him doping and he sued successfully. Of course, we now know the story was true.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Enough of this News gossip.. I will rather enjoy a cup of HOT Java and a cherry Danish... by the fireplace..

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

NinaRocks wrote:
How many psychiatrists does it takke to change a light bulb?
One, but the light bulb has to WANT to change.
Hi Nina, nice to see you over here. Would have welcomed you, but onlky got back last night.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning/Afternoon Everybody...
Is it just me or is there a downright witch-hunt out
on Lance Armstrong. He has admitted he used dope...
surely that's it. he used dope, his titles taken away...move on.
All these holier than thou people coming out of the shadows dissing him for all they are worth..are there none amongst them never done any wrong?
Seems to me he has done an awful lot of good for charity...let us give the man his due.
Honestly, you would think he was the first sportsman to ever use enhancement drugs ever. I feel sorry for him.
I think it is witch hunt that he brought upon himself. He was so ready to go to the courts to deny what he was actually doing - he was bullying and controlling towards all around him and now he wants to cry, "not fair" to his just punishment for bringing the sport into disrepute. I have a hatred of drugs in sport - destroys all that the point of the competion has.

I hear what you say about his charity work - but even that to a degree was self-serving. Personally, if the guy disappeared from the limelight, that would suit me fine. I am sorry that his behaviour is bound to damage what is a worthwhile charity - maybe he should have considered that. I would point out that our own Sir Bradley Wiggins doesn't have much good to say about him.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not chips! They're French fries!
Lol - think you are extracting the proverbial there! Pomme Frites if you will, but you can have your crisps, I'd rather have chips with fish!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

A pleasant hour just spent catching up on all that has gone on over the last 10 days in here - hi to one and all and Bore Da to ER. Had an absolute blast in St Anton, even if my left knee did not enjoy the way I punished it on some of the slopes. Tremendous snow conditions, the pistes (the ones we went on during the day rather than the ones at night!) were in magic condition as plenty of new snow had fallen.

The Downhill was all that I expected. Those across the pond will be delighted to know that a US lass won - Alice McKinnis. Yup, I'd never heard of her either, it was her first win ever. Lindsey Vonn could only manage 6th (although she made up for it this last weekend in Cortina, Italy where she won in awesome style). That night was party time in the resort - we went to the after race party as she-who-must-be-obeyed knows the owner of the bar in which it was held.

Temperature on the mountain dropped at times to minus 17 C and I wasn't cold. Come back here - six inches of snow on the car at Bristol and the house is more than a little chilly as the regulator on the Rayburn is playing up. Feeling smug as we've had no snow in Cornwall!

Now back to the mundanity of washing clothes and ironing shirts!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Quincy.
They are sad lyrics are they not, and the overall feeling that is
conveyed is the feeling of loneliness.
But as with all song lyrics, and poetry, the key is forming your own interpretation.
There are those who would say (those without a great degree of imagination it has to be said) that the line about keeping her face in ajar by the door..means just that, that she refuses to leave the house without make-up.
Then are those who would think it to mean that she puts on a cheerful demeanour fopr the world to see...to hid the pain of loneliness....
Father McKenzie could be literally wiping the dirt from his hands after flinging earth onto the coffin as it finds it's final resting place...
Or, he could be metaphorically 'wiping his hands of the whole affair'
as the phrase goes.
Buried in the Church along with her name...no descendants
You just have to go with what you yourself believe they story means.
There are times I feel bad about taking on the name of a person who was a real life individual...a young lady who served as a scullery maid in Liverpool...died young. I am intrigued at times to know a little more about her.
I have always loved that song and I think your choice of the name was a nice homage to a great band and a great song ....

I did not know the song was based on a real person although I always felt it was a depiction of many people's lives .. it is a song for the "everyday people" who live out their lives as best as they can ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning/Afternoon Everybody...
Is it just me or is there a downright witch-hunt out
on Lance Armstrong. He has admitted he used dope...
surely that's it. he used dope, his titles taken away...move on.
All these holier than thou people coming out of the shadows dissing him for all they are worth..are there none amongst them never done any wrong?
Seems to me he has done an awful lot of good for charity...let us give the man his due.
Honestly, you would think he was the first sportsman to ever use enhancement drugs ever. I feel sorry for him.
I guess people hate being duped for so long, many of them probably backed Armstrong in his claims, now they feel cheated and they wonder "who can we trust if not someone like Lance?"

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Even more so when we finally ourselves doing what we love in a great environment. Not a lot of companies treat their employees so well. Treat em well and they'll be more productive.
I hope you manage to keep this job as long as you want it them ... you deserve it.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for having my back Franko!
I'm sure there is a story behind the naming and people don't want to break with tradition....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankful here too Franko.
In Ireland we are never subject to severe
weather extremes!
a little bit of 'this & that' in all seasons!
As you 'may' have read there's a bit of controversy
here at the moment about HORSE DNA being found in
burgers, they had to destroy literally millions of burgers
[ thinks... dern!! wish I coulda had some of those for my dog]
but, anyway,
the jokes are flying since..
one example>>
FRIEND > 'Will you join me in a burger @ Mc Donalds?-
my treat'
FRIEND> Yeah nice one, thanks'
OTHER FRIEND>
'what would you like on it'?
FRIEND>
'A tenner each way'
LOl
HAHAH gOod one!! I did not see that one coming!!!

honestly though .. if they had told the public "sorry for the problem, but if we labelled it correctly, would some of you still buy it, at a huge discount?" ... could those have been sold without such a great loss? Would some folk have been happy to buy them?

Over here we had a couple of meat production factories that sold nationwide, come up with outbreaks of listeria .... hundreds of sick people across the country, millions of recalled packages, and I think a few dead ... it forced one of the two companies to sell off the plant.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
QUORN vegetarian products are excellent El,
I use them a lot, and they do a wide range
[as you will know] the QUORN mince is great as we
can add ANY flavours we choose..
the only exception here [I find] would be
their sausages, but I'm sure that varies
from person to person..
Here's another joke..
'So, I guess, that would make Lance Armstrong..
a drug peddler'
lol
'Poor Lance'
'a drug peddler'...hahaha Good One Grace

and Good Morning, beautiful morning here, sun glinting on the
snow..

I think Quorn is the brand name isn't it? But very useful
and I have used it for years. I found a recipe for Chilli Con Quorn
looks very appetising...it's on the menu for later in the week.
This may surprise you but I was a vegetarian for some time, and to
this day will not drink cow's milk.
I will try Linda McCartneys sausages...let you know!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••