“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22144 Jan 19, 2013
El, seriously, why did you pick up the rice at the church after that wedding? And do really keep your face in jar by that door? How do you take off for your face? All this time we've been with a fembot?

Finally, if you live in a dream are all the kitchen visitors just figments if your nightmares? Inquiring minds have a right to know......before we turn into pumpkins!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22145 Jan 19, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do chickens fry steak anyway? Is it better than frying chickens ??
Hope you're having a nice weekend Denny and the winter storm left Texas.
Thanks for the back up Quinn!!!! Good one.:) LOL How was your day with the meeting and all?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22146 Jan 19, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the back up Quinn!!!! Good one.:) LOL How was your day with the meeting and all?
Went incredibly well. Very interesting speakers. It is being held this weekend. I am and will soon be working for Baxter Credit Union. All 400+ employees came in including staff from Puerto Rico. Today was all staff with lunch, speakers, a cocktail reception and awards banquet. Very nice way to have spent the day actually.

I really like my job and the company and am quite fortunate. Been a long time since I was actually happy to get up the morning and go to work. Yes, I seriously said that.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#22147 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see my 'Lance Armstrong' jokes? Well lol
How's your weather there FRANKO?
snow around here.. But then it's January!!
oops .. sorry, I should have given you credit .. my bad.

we seem to be the only place in the world that does not have drastically altered weather ... just the normal rain we always get.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22148 Jan 19, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one for you Franko.......
I farmer decided to start a chicken farm so they went to the local grain and feed store to purchase baby chicks. A person asked, "do you need some help finding anything?"
I need to purchase 30 chicks to start my chicken farm. Purchase made they went home.
Three weeks later. They went back and purchased 30 more chicks.
Then, 3 weeks later they went to purchase 30 more chicks and upon check out the person that help them the first time said, "your chicken farm must be doing great!" The farmer said, "well, not really". The person asked, why?
Wait for it.......
Wait for it........
The farmer replied, "I am either planting them either to far apart or to deep".
the best part was the "wait for it" !!! LOL!!!

Thanks for that ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22149 Jan 19, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>It is a round steak and you dip it in egg and flower and fry it like you would a piece of chicken :)
I see ... why not just call it breaded fried steak? I guess that would be too obvious ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22150 Jan 19, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Went incredibly well. Very interesting speakers. It is being held this weekend. I am and will soon be working for Baxter Credit Union. All 400+ employees came in including staff from Puerto Rico. Today was all staff with lunch, speakers, a cocktail reception and awards banquet. Very nice way to have spent the day actually.
I really like my job and the company and am quite fortunate. Been a long time since I was actually happy to get up the morning and go to work. Yes, I seriously said that.
going without a job sure makes you appreciate when you have one, eh?

“Wear both with Pride!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22151 Jan 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
El, seriously, why did you pick up the rice at the church after that wedding? And do really keep your face in jar by that door? How do you take off for your face? All this time we've been with a fembot?
Finally, if you live in a dream are all the kitchen visitors just figments if your nightmares? Inquiring minds have a right to know......before we turn into pumpkins!
LOL Quincy.

They are sad lyrics are they not, and the overall feeling that is
conveyed is the feeling of loneliness.

But as with all song lyrics, and poetry, the key is forming your own interpretation.

There are those who would say (those without a great degree of imagination it has to be said) that the line about keeping her face in ajar by the door..means just that, that she refuses to leave the house without make-up.

Then are those who would think it to mean that she puts on a cheerful demeanour fopr the world to see...to hid the pain of loneliness....

Father McKenzie could be literally wiping the dirt from his hands after flinging earth onto the coffin as it finds it's final resting place...

Or, he could be metaphorically 'wiping his hands of the whole affair'
as the phrase goes.

Buried in the Church along with her name...no descendants

You just have to go with what you yourself believe they story means.

There are times I feel bad about taking on the name of a person who was a real life individual...a young lady who served as a scullery maid in Liverpool...died young. I am intrigued at times to know a little more about her.

“Wear both with Pride!”

Manchester, UK

#22152 Jan 20, 2013
Good Morning/Afternoon Everybody...

Is it just me or is there a downright witch-hunt out
on Lance Armstrong. He has admitted he used dope...
surely that's it. he used dope, his titles taken away...move on.

All these holier than thou people coming out of the shadows dissing him for all they are worth..are there none amongst them never done any wrong?

Seems to me he has done an awful lot of good for charity...let us give the man his due.

Honestly, you would think he was the first sportsman to ever use enhancement drugs ever. I feel sorry for him.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22153 Jan 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Quincy.

They are sad lyrics are they not, and the overall feeling that is
conveyed is the feeling of loneliness.

But as with all song lyrics, and poetry, the key is forming your own interpretation.

There are those who would say (those without a great degree of imagination it has to be said) that the line about keeping her face in ajar by the door..means just that, that she refuses to leave the house without make-up.

Then are those who would think it to mean that she puts on a cheerful demeanour fopr the world to see...to hid the pain of loneliness....

Father McKenzie could be literally wiping the dirt from his hands after flinging earth onto the coffin as it finds it's final resting place...

Or, he could be metaphorically 'wiping his hands of the whole affair'
as the phrase goes.

Buried in the Church along with her name...no descendants

You just have to go with what you yourself believe they story means.

There are times I feel bad about taking on the name of a person who was a real life individual...a young lady who served as a scullery maid in Liverpool...died young. I am intrigued at times to know a little more about her.
You're absolutely right....a beautiful song/piece of poetry that's somewhat sad at the same time. I think Lady Madonna us as well.

I have the song on my iPod and think of you now every time it plays.:-)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22154 Jan 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
All these holier than thou people coming out of the shadows dissing him for all they are worth..are there none amongst them never done any wrong?
Seems to me he has done an awful lot of good for charity...let us give the man his due.
Honestly, you would think he was the first sportsman to ever use enhancement drugs ever. I feel sorry for him.
Well now, clever lady,

You are on to something here,
I totally agree El,
we ALL *know* by now what he did & that it was wrong and deceitful..
but, he came forward 'eventually' and admitted his faults.

There is something nasty in some folks [a lot, unfortunately] who wallow
in a witch hunt, and like a hungry dog, with a bone -
REFUSE to let go! until the person is trampled into the ground..

I sometimes wonder is it that, in doing so,
they give themselves a psychological boost!

kinda like > 'LOOK at how much better a person *I* am!!'

[their halos tightening on their heads]@!!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22155 Jan 20, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>going without a job sure makes you appreciate when you have one, eh?
No kidding. Even more so when we finally ourselves doing what we love in a great environment. Not a lot of companies treat their employees so well. Treat em well and they'll be more productive.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22156 Jan 20, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I see ... why not just call it breaded fried steak? I guess that would be too obvious ...
Thank you for having my back Franko!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22157 Jan 20, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>oops .. sorry, I should have given you credit .. my bad.
we seem to be the only place in the world that does not have drastically altered weather ... just the normal rain we always get.
Thankful here too Franko.
In Ireland we are never subject to severe
weather extremes!
a little bit of 'this & that' in all seasons!

As you 'may' have read there's a bit of controversy
here at the moment about HORSE DNA being found in
burgers, they had to destroy literally millions of burgers

[ thinks... dern!! wish I coulda had some of those for my dog]

but, anyway,
the jokes are flying since..

one example>>

FRIEND > 'Will you join me in a burger @ Mc Donalds?-
my treat'

FRIEND> Yeah nice one, thanks'

OTHER FRIEND>
'what would you like on it'?

FRIEND>

'A tenner each way'

LOl

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22158 Jan 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:

Thankfully I've been blissfully ignorant as to all the coverage. Haven't watched any of it and don't much care. The Oprah interview didn't interest me. Lance Armstrong cheated like so many other athletes and a scandal hit. sponsors lost and money lost. He's not the first and won't be the last and if he can sleep at night knowing he didn't really earn all those medals, well that's on him.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#22159 Jan 20, 2013
Happy Sunday to all!
The problem with Lance was denial! Then he attempted to throw other athletes under the bus! Come on man, own up to what you did!!! We all know about how scandalous the baseball players that testified before Congress became the talk of sports. Yes, there is no doubt Lance created a charity in the war against cancer. That was awesome! The back story there is he soon dumped his wife that stood by him for YEARS, for Sheryl Crowe, who later was diagnosed with breast cancer. Talk about Karma...

On a lighter note, Lady Madonna and Eleanor RIgby will remain classic songs from the Beatles. Love the lyrics...
When I was teaching, above the door to my library, I had one word on a piece of lime green paper, the color of Apple Records...
IMAGINE!- John Lennon

Enjoy your day all, peace.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#22160 Jan 20, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm, your observations begs the question ... Did Lance Armstrong use Scientology methods and tactics as a model to strong-arm his detractors?
'Punny' post, lol... DW.

" Armstrong.. strong-arming his detractors!"

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22161 Jan 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>'Punny' post, lol... DW.

" Armstrong.. strong-arming his detractors!"
Good one!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#22162 Jan 20, 2013
Good Afternoon Lady Eleanor...
The new furniture is all in place and I am one happy gal...
I just love it.. The colors are a perfect match to my walls.. It's just plain pretty!!
We are having our last day of sunshine and warmer temperatures today... We will hit the 40's but then tonight the temps are gonna fall and we will be getting hit with a blast of extremly bitter cold.. Our highs predicted for Monday are from 8 degrees to 12 degrees... That means it'll be ZERO and below if we have any wind at all... I am so not looking forward to that so I'm going to enjoy this day as much as possible...
My Silly Daffodils are starting to pop up... just to let me know that Spring is on it's way... and I tell you it can't get here soon enough for me...hahahaha
Sending you all of my best and Warmest wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Wear both with Pride!”

Manchester, UK

#22164 Jan 20, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right....a beautiful song/piece of poetry that's somewhat sad at the same time. I think Lady Madonna us as well.
I have the song on my iPod and think of you now every time it plays.:-)
Classics both. Thanks Quincy...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Deer Whisperer 23,999
What's your tip for the day? 10 min Mega Monster 1,571
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 10 min TALLYHO 8541 219
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min dirtclod 127,702
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 18 min Asherah_con 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min CJ Rocker 151,090
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min Princess Hey 7,306
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr Sublime1 8,046
Bill Cosby 3 hr peepquest 212

Weird People Search