|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, if I so desired, perhaps I wouldn't be the first trend setter? LOL... I wonder how many avalanches might have been caused by such a phenomenon!? Enjoy your weekend.
There oughta be a study! And enjoy weekend wishes to you.

“April”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Saturday morn, Cuz Grace! Armstrong is all over the news here, er, actually Armstrong and Oprah is. I hadn't heard any jokes, though.
And this college football player (Notre Dame) getting "catfished" by an on-line prankster. There's uncertainty regarding whether he was a victim or in on the scam with enough knowledge to cultivate publicity about his "cyber-love" supposedly passing away from leukemia.
Diversions abound! I wish a good Saturday for you.
Returning briefly to this ...

Sorry to hear about the said prank -
these, indeed, as we know ..

can, so often ..go VERY wrong!

I saw 'somewhere'[few days ago] a sad article.. about Police Officer 'A'
who was a friend of> Police Officer 'B'

Officer 'A' set up a prank..[just for a laugh] with friends,
pretending an attempted break-in to Officer's 'B's' house..

but in the mix-up... and lack of clarity -

Police Officer 'A' was shot dead !!!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>OH, so witty!!! LOL!!! This thread hasn't had a lot of jokes lately ... thanks for that!!!
Here's one for you Franko.......
I farmer decided to start a chicken farm so they went to the local grain and feed store to purchase baby chicks. A person asked, "do you need some help finding anything?"
I need to purchase 30 chicks to start my chicken farm. Purchase made they went home.
Three weeks later. They went back and purchased 30 more chicks.
Then, 3 weeks later they went to purchase 30 more chicks and upon check out the person that help them the first time said, "your chicken farm must be doing great!" The farmer said, "well, not really". The person asked, why?

Wait for it.......

Wait for it........

The farmer replied, "I am either planting them either to far apart or to deep".

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Good afternoon to all!
Denny, the Mrs is trying to wrap her head around chicken fried steak. She wanted to know why it isn't called fried steak? Dunno, it is just that. Battered, fried and baked. Oh yes, gravy!
I do hope everyone is having a pleasant Saturday. Here in Ohio, the wind is whipping! Preparing for that Arctic chill!
Voter ID, I am all for it! However, there are waaaay too many arguments in the opposition.

Peace to all.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any excuse to roll over and pull the blankets up works for me!
Happy day to you Grace :-)
Good morning Mighty Quinn. Have a great weekend and keep safe and warm :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it rather interesting that Christianity - Roman Catholicism in particular - and Judaism are fair game for humor, satire & exposes; but God forbid anyone is critical of or pokes satire at Scientology or Islam the full wrath of the law and murderous fundamentalists will come down on them.
What makes Scientology so special?
What is funny ids L Ron Hubbard wrote so much science fiction and a lot of it was about a con game

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point you make, RM...
something I too, thought
of - more than once -!
since we're on the subject>>
enjoy(:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good morning Grace.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny. Glad to know that you are feeling better and hoping your beautiful bride is feeling better today. I can't say that I watch American Idol but I have listen to some contestants that the people in our office might say is good. Do you know the persons name that as singing? Hope you both have a wonderful evening.
I hope you have a great weekend and beat the snot out of Boomer on the pool table :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>how do you chicken fry a steak?
It is a round steak and you dip it in egg and flower and fry it like you would a piece of chicken :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
Good afternoon to all!
Denny, the Mrs is trying to wrap her head around chicken fried steak. She wanted to know why it isn't called fried steak? Dunno, it is just that. Battered, fried and baked. Oh yes, gravy!
I do hope everyone is having a pleasant Saturday. Here in Ohio, the wind is whipping! Preparing for that Arctic chill!
Voter ID, I am all for it! However, there are waaaay too many arguments in the opposition.
Peace to all.
I just thought it was funny that so many Democrats are against it and say it is voter suppression yet now in New York those same folks want a full back ground check to buy a box of ammunition :) Kind of like the news paper that published names and a map where gun owners live. That same paper hired armed guards when the names and addresses of their employees was put on a web site

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>It is a round steak and you dip it in egg and flower and fry it like you would a piece of chicken :)
Must be a man thing. LOL Why not call it fried steak then? It's not like your dipping it in chicken flower.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I just thought it was funny that so many Democrats are against it and say it is voter suppression yet now in New York those same folks want a full back ground check to buy a box of ammunition :) Kind of like the news paper that published names and a map where gun owners live. That same paper hired armed guards when the names and addresses of their employees was put on a web site
Valid point on ID. The word was disenfrachise. Really!? People should have some sort of ID! Too many times, I have heard someone in a bar say that they left at home. How can anyone walk out of the house and not have ID? But then, there are those that want to play up the race card. What a bunch of rot!
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms, require ID. Throw voting in and it wouldn't bother me the least! 23 years in the military and at every single installation, you had to provide your military ID when asked.

Now, about that steak...
I asked the MRS if she wanted to try it. I told her that I would prepare the my mom did. Alas, she is too reluctant. Sort of like FC and the egg drop soup! LOL!
Enjoy your day.
I was victorious last week and hope to remain as such for the month!(insert evil laugh)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Valid point on ID. The word was disenfrachise. Really!? People should have some sort of ID! Too many times, I have heard someone in a bar say that they left at home. How can anyone walk out of the house and not have ID? But then, there are those that want to play up the race card. What a bunch of rot!
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms, require ID. Throw voting in and it wouldn't bother me the least! 23 years in the military and at every single installation, you had to provide your military ID when asked.
Now, about that steak...
I asked the MRS if she wanted to try it. I told her that I would prepare the my mom did. Alas, she is too reluctant. Sort of like FC and the egg drop soup! LOL!
Enjoy your day.
I was victorious last week and hope to remain as such for the month!(insert evil laugh)
What branch did you serve in? I was in the Navy 66-70

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>What branch did you serve in? I was in the Navy 66-70
Boomer was in the Airforce 73-96. Can you guess what he did? LOL aka Boomer. We both thank you for your service.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it might not be a bad idea. Chicago was always known for voter fraud. Your photo is on the DL and your passport. Some folks put it on the credit card.
Don't know if you'd agree but would the harm be in putting it on FAOI cards?
Hope your meeting and meal (surely) at the fancy schmancy hotel was stupendous today, Quinny.

Pray tell, what is a FAOI card?

I did find that one thing FAOI represents is Fellowship of the Association of Optometrists, Ireland.

Learn something new every day!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Returning briefly to this ...
Sorry to hear about the said prank -
these, indeed, as we know ..
can, so often ..go VERY wrong!
I saw 'somewhere'[few days ago] a sad article.. about Police Officer 'A'
who was a friend of> Police Officer 'B'
Officer 'A' set up a prank..[just for a laugh] with friends,
pretending an attempted break-in to Officer's 'B's' house..
but in the mix-up... and lack of clarity -
Police Officer 'A' was shot dead !!!
Good Sunday to you, Cuz Grace. That's sad. Yes, that's the extreme that practical jokes can lead to. I'm no fan nor advocate of them. Very minor pranks within a close relationship(s) without obsession to "get even" on a frequent basis, I accept and be amused by, however.

Finally, the young man addressed this publicly. Still is kind of murky.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--manti-te-o-...

Some points about this lad have been made recently by sports radio hosts. I haven't verified where appropriate, though.

1. He's "socially awkward", shy, introvert.
2. A Mormon
3. Young man of 21 or 22
4. Did have limited time for social life being in a high-profile college sports team.
5. Embarrassed of it to the point of lying to his dad about face-to-face with "girlfriend", and to fully disclose it all when he first found out.

5. And a point made by another I heard today: This kind of thing, "catfishing" -- at least a non-romantic on-line relationship -- can happen to anyone on-line potentially.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
Good afternoon to all!
Peace to all.
I'm so glad the chill will abate a bit when reaching us. Yesterday the wind chill factor was 25-40 below F up around N. Dakota and Montana areas.

“Pond's warmin' up!!!”

Since: Sep 12

alumwell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Catfishing....ut oh! A cat eating frog is NOT a good thing! Hiya El....the critters are warm & fed & fiesty all the time, never a dull moment. In & out...In & out...that's the routine round here near the pond! G'Day
El!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Mighty Quinn. Have a great weekend and keep safe and warm :)
How do chickens fry steak anyway? Is it better than frying chickens ??

Hope you're having a nice weekend Denny and the winter storm left Texas.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>What is funny ids L Ron Hubbard wrote so much science fiction and a lot of it was about a con game
Ya think? Some would classify it as a celebrity cult. It's not even as mainstream as Catholicism or Buddhism or even the Muslim religion. Why are people so afraid to criticize Scientology ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,781 - 21,800 of33,555
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••