<quoted text>Sweet tea and Chicken fried steak YUM
Cracker Barrel ..... and unfortunately I gotta take my tea unsweetened :(

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22084 Jan 18, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning/afternoon to all!
No power and it is cold!? Please do your best and stay warm. We have had our share of power outages over the last 5 years! In Japan we would have typhoon parties. Fire up the grills and cook for the entire neighborhood. Too warm to save anything so anyting in the freezer was prepared and shared.
Chicken fried steak? Man I haven't had that since I retired from the military! Denny, the Mrs said if you and I were ever to meet, you and I would dominate the conversation! LOL! So be it, I like to talk. Maybe that is why I had a radio gig as a talk show host.
Have a pleasant day everyone. Saturday will be warm here in Ohio. Then we get a cold blast of Arctic air for a few days. Time to hinker down with some soup or chili.
Hurricane parties in New Orleans

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22086 Jan 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cracker Barrel ..... and unfortunately I gotta take my tea unsweetened :(
My wife drinks it that way but I use Splenda. Let me ask you do you think voter photo ID should be required?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22087 Jan 18, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your hospitality Lady El! Good evening Ms. Chick it is my pleasure to meet you. have a wonderful weekend to you both.
Have you been watching American Idol? Should be really good this year. I liked the strange looking girl who almost looked like a guy in a dress. She sang and then sang again while she played the guitar. Very interesting voice

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22088 Jan 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Boomer..G'Afternoon to you. Cold? Not too bad, about
32F..but the good news, we still have power, that's everything.
Those typhoon parties sound great fun...helpful at the same time.
Had to laugh at our three year old this morning,(Clancy)he got
out and was overjoyed at playing in the snow, rolling over in it, I threw him some snowballs to chase, he was in his element. Made
sure he didn't stay out in it too long, much to his annoyance!
Still snowing here...
Enjoy your warm weather while you have it, wishing you a great weekend.
My dog loves to chase balls and then looks all confused with the snowballs like 'where did it go?!'

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22089 Jan 18, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>My wife drinks it that way but I use Splenda. Let me ask you do you think voter photo ID should be required?
Actually it might not be a bad idea. Chicago was always known for voter fraud. Your photo is on the DL and your passport. Some folks put it on the credit card.

Don't know if you'd agree but would the harm be in putting it on FAOI cards?

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#22090 Jan 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm missing something DW.
Are you suggesting someone cut & pasted comments from this thread creating a new one? To what end?
"Invite to this miscreant?" I don't understand that either. To whom was it directed? Me?
I've been posting with Denny & FC for over a year on/off Topix. They know my real name. I've talked to Fisherman on other threads. I thought I've spoken with you by a different name. Whether I choose to meet folks I haven't bantered with for an appropriate amount of time --- however that is to be defined ---- is my business.
....."albeit in my own state..." The only reason we are gathering in YOUR state is because IN happens is midway between IL (my location) and OH (Boomer/Brighteyes location) and Ft Wayne has an airport since FC is flying in.
Do what makes you comfortable. And if you were taken aback by the invite, or by my or someone else's enthusiasm, well I guess that's on you.
Granted this is cyberspace but I think by now from comments and personal positions you can get and idea of who's sincere and what kind of folks we are.
To each their own.
Good evening Quinny. Sorry that you thought this was pointed to you. That's not the case. The part that includes you is this "I have comfort with some that are "newer" than myself."

I did include my concern that a trouble-maker (that's who I meant about miscreant) was invited just a few posts later after messing with me that one evening early this month.

Maybe last night after your posts about M69, you wouldn't be excited about it if within a few posts I had invited him to the "all welcome" meet-up.

Yes indeed, Indiana is the "half-way" point, and I helped with some alternative considerations within the state. I don't "own" it and certainly can't have any problem about it. Why would I?

Hope you had a good Friday at work and enjoy the evening and weekend.

informs against BS

#22091 Jan 18, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke - just want to say I have total Respect And understanding with this post, and now know without a doubt - 100% absolutely sure that i will Never Ever regret sending u that video of my D.(yes i admit i have worried about doing so) and i must admit i am too trusting and open with my own life and have at times regreted that aspect about myself with regards to topix people, but i Feel so much better reading this and feel that u sir are a man of honor and i have nothing but respect and admiration for u...
:)
Thank you SO very much, Pretty Feet and very appreciative that you "read" me right. And I respect your concern for privacy and safety for you and yours.

I did just as you asked, and am much appreciative that you shared. I will share Ds. pics with you as I get around to it ... IF you are agreeable.

informs against BS

#22092 Jan 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're adding your own vernacular to my statement, IMHO. I called his statement a lie - he knows he's a liar. Denny's a great dancer and throws out a crapload of "red herrings" when someone calls him out on his BS. This is the internet - everyone's an expert on medicine, money, guns and love. It never has taken an abundance of investigation to always prove Denny wrong. I'm no Mantai Te'o - I've been here way too long to be duped by someone like him.
Hey! I ain't happy that "your" Badgers smacked "my" Hoosier in their house. But ... congrats, anyway.

informs against BS

#22093 Jan 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness Cuz Luke, I encouraged Denny to speak on what
he wanted, nobody has the monopoly on their own pet interests...
mine being cats I'm afraid, I have seen people's eyes glaze over in the RW when I have mentioned mine, to my credit I know when to
call a halt...:)
Good Saturday morning Cuz El! I read about your snow ... 1 foot plus. Kitties aren't going to be making snow forts, are they?

informs against BS

#22094 Jan 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Denny...I am trying not to panic as we are all electric and
10,000 homes in Wales are without power. So far, so good.
No! knock on wood you won't be added to the outage.

informs against BS

#22095 Jan 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Chicka Boom!! lol
sounds like the beginning of a song (:
They are really MILKING
the Lance Armstrong news...
it's on EVERY station ALL THE TIME!!!
and yes, the jokes have started>
"Lance Armstrong has started an erotic website
called 'Tour-de-Pants
Paddy & Joe in a pub
Joe asks >
"What do you think of that
Lance Armstrong chap?
isn't he a disgrace, go on,
isn't he now"?
Paddy replied:
"DON'T talk to me about that fella,
the biggest liar I ever heard of,
you couldn't believe one word he says..
and I bet you a grand,
he never even set foot on the moon either"
LOL, ha ha!
Good Saturday morn, Cuz Grace! Armstrong is all over the news here, er, actually Armstrong and Oprah is. I hadn't heard any jokes, though.

And this college football player (Notre Dame) getting "catfished" by an on-line prankster. There's uncertainty regarding whether he was a victim or in on the scam with enough knowledge to cultivate publicity about his "cyber-love" supposedly passing away from leukemia.

Diversions abound! I wish a good Saturday for you.
danclark

Newark, NJ

#22096 Jan 18, 2013
How much does a mime earn? Mime-imum wage.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#22097 Jan 18, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Quinny. Sorry that you thought this was pointed to you. That's not the case. The part that includes you is this "I have comfort with some that are "newer" than myself."

I did include my concern that a trouble-maker (that's who I meant about miscreant) was invited just a few posts later after messing with me that one evening early this month.

Maybe last night after your posts about M69, you wouldn't be excited about it if within a few posts I had invited him to the "all welcome" meet-up.

Yes indeed, Indiana is the "half-way" point, and I helped with some alternative considerations within the state. I don't "own" it and certainly can't have any problem about it. Why would I?

Hope you had a good Friday at work and enjoy the evening and weekend.
On a lighter note, did you ever see 'phenomenon' with John Travolta ? He's a genius and it turned out that was from a brain tumor.

Anyway, there's a great line where Travolta's character says "specifics Bob, ya gotta be specific".

I was seriously confused by your post, who you were referring to and so forth. I was and am somewhat oblivious to tensions among people so I didn't realize any issues.

Truth be told, one of my older siblings is 10 years older than I am. I thought a 40/50 birthday party would be cool.....he said I could not invite our sister because they were on the outs.

Have a splendid weekend! Going to a big company meeting tomorrow at a fancy schmancy hotel.

Trolls & stalkers & miscreants be damned!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22098 Jan 18, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been watching American Idol? Should be really good this year. I liked the strange looking girl who almost looked like a guy in a dress. She sang and then sang again while she played the guitar. Very interesting voice
Hi Denny. Glad to know that you are feeling better and hoping your beautiful bride is feeling better today. I can't say that I watch American Idol but I have listen to some contestants that the people in our office might say is good. Do you know the persons name that as singing? Hope you both have a wonderful evening.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22099 Jan 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog loves to chase balls and then looks all confused with the snowballs like 'where did it go?!'
Very cute to see I'm sure. My Goldens I had loved the snow.

“who will be left to speak out?”

Level 3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22100 Jan 18, 2013
How many psychiatrists does it takke to change a light bulb?

One, but the light bulb has to WANT to change.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#22101 Jan 18, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet tea and Chicken fried steak YUM
how do you chicken fry a steak?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22102 Jan 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course - they wouldn't put anything on the internet that wasn't true, right?
you do seem to be trying very hard to find fault with anything and everything he says ... and you seem to be trying very hard to egg him on as you go to it....

I suppose in other threads you've both been more confrontational with each other?

YOu don't seem to come into El's Kitchen for much else besides finding Denny's posts ... is that really necessary?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#22103 Jan 19, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting job. My wife fiex the best chicken fry and the best pork chops. Her secret is finishing them off in the oven :) I just got back from seeing 2 movies. The First was Broken City and it was very good. The second was Gangster Squad Iw as good but hard to believe. I have never seen so much shooting with machine guns and so little hitting :)
IN that case I would the the Ganster Squad .. i hate a movie that isnt at least remotley believable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 10 min Seriously 250
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 11 min dandylioness 277
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 12 min Dr Wu 25,559
Former Ac/DC drummer Phil Rudd risked arrest in... 14 min Xstains In Name Only 1
Six Elemental Rules About Topix Arguments 14 min Dr Wu 12
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min dirtclod 127,730
~~** WELL.. I Never!!! **~~ (Apr '13) 17 min quilterqueen 253
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min ms_Sweeter 151,091
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 43 min COOTERDOG 24,004
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 46 min thought 8,048
Bill Cosby 51 min Deer Whisperer 215

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE