|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

El,
referring back to your post of yesterday re
the bunny that was flung in the river -
indeed, it DID happen, you have good recall!

To follow up, here's a clip of the details which might interest
you.

Snowing here now..
Hoping you aren't snowed under..
I heard WALES mentioned in our weather forecast..
as being one of the targets for snow...

Hang in there!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>Rock on Quinn. I think DW is speaking of us being the new ones and being so excited to all of you. Point taken with his remark.....don't fall for the false Tulip Garden....which is my avatar and happens to be our garden. The question to Boomer was... has he had any contact with 2 other posters in El's kitchen before.....that was not answered by Boomer. Not getting any understanding of this whole thing with DW. We have meet individuals before and it was lovely. If DW doesn't want to join us that is his business. We are excited to meet and I will not justify it to anyone. Lots of love to you. Thanks again Quinn.
Exactly, it's up to DW whether he wants to join, just like its up to you & me.

At one point Boomer said something to the affect of if anyone's in OH join him for a beverage. I figured geographically we are pretty close, so why not.

Others have met. It's not a 'pick up'. I recall Denny has been to the UK to meet up with someone.

I was hoping for candytown Jeffersonville :(

Thought you were closer to the border.

“April”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you ma'am. Your conversation with El was quite interesting because it reminded me for some reason you must have thought I disliked you and when I first came here, I thought you disliked me. Newbies and mixed communications will get us in trouble every time!
well said indeed! RM,

'every time'

LOL.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Call me anything you want on a different thread but not in El's kitchen
Doesn't matter where you are - you'll still be a liar.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I found that comment and "Stop trying to make yourself look knowledgable with only an internet education." To be insulting and snarky in the context in which M69 wrote it. Denny may or may not have taken offense but I did.
As I said, you have called Denny out on facts without subtly calling him a showboating liar at the same time. That's the inside dig I got out of M69's comment and I assume Denny picked up something there too.
I think you're adding your own vernacular to my statement, IMHO. I called his statement a lie - he knows he's a liar. Denny's a great dancer and throws out a crapload of "red herrings" when someone calls him out on his BS. This is the internet - everyone's an expert on medicine, money, guns and love. It never has taken an abundance of investigation to always prove Denny wrong. I'm no Mantai Te'o - I've been here way too long to be duped by someone like him.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Denny being outright mean & nasty to anyone. Call him out on facts but it wasn't necessary of the other guy to get nasty.
If it looks like a terd and smells like a turd chances are it is a turd. You just haven't stepped in a "Denny" turd yet.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening Kitchen-eers! The topic of much of the last 24 hours about cyber<-->RW relationships is certainly interesting. I'm glad y'all "brought it".
I've a six-pence song, but if it is no more pleasing than a blackbird singing in the dead of night I'll bear it.
It's a topic like a mosaic work not only person-to-person, but within a person; well, me. It's not "cut and dried", for sure.
As a generality, I'm not inclined to chat/small-talk via phone. I'm uncertain about the genesis of this. That is modified, however, by the relationship with the other party, by familial ties or over time otherwise. Over time would include getting more comfortable via on-line communication.
I've a special relationship with a sweetie-lady, another Offbeat personality. In order not to be "catfished" [see current 'to-do' news about a collegiate football player and/or information about a documentary and now a reality show titled "Catfish"] there was a lengthy amount of time invested in email, Facebook, and phone chat for that comfort of trust. We've exchanged several RW visits.
While a different scenario, the concept of trust is involved in other cyber<-->RW relationships too. That is for each of us to process individually. We each merit comfort in privacy and "security".
There are definitely long-time Offbeat folk exceeding my time here with whom a meet-and-greet would be immensely delightful. I have comfort with some that are "newer" than myself. And in an ideal world with sufficient finances to cover trips and wedding [and other stuff], a tour of the Isles across the sea to meet, dine, and converse with those good souls would be an utter delight for me.
There is caution in all that however. While I've consider sharing some pics of my RW life with a very short list of Offbeat posters, I am not in control of photos by others that may be shared innocently and unknowingly with Offbeat "buds", some possibly unscrupulous without their knowledge. That possibility is a concern about my "security" and by extension my family and sweetie-lady.
Why that point about "security:? Because of the encounter with someone intent on giving grief [likely a long-time poster] not so very long ago:
boring kitchen Jan. 1
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TD731E5...
"grief" Jan. 2
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
Separate thread created by same poster during the same time period -- subsequently deleted
I must say I was taken aback by the invite to this miscreant, and don't take it lightly.
To that end, I recently made this query. It has gone unanswered.
"Glad you (and Mrs.) connected to the kitchen. By my reckoning, your connection was about September [2012, for clarity]? Have you been posting with Quinny and/or Flower Child before that? "
And just as much: I can't get my mind around someone at four months "new" here being so eager and on fire for "throwing caution to the wind" for an "all is welcome" shin-dig, albeit in my own state.
My enthusiasm may a-light by May. Time will out.
Luke - just want to say I have total Respect And understanding with this post, and now know without a doubt - 100% absolutely sure that i will Never Ever regret sending u that video of my D.(yes i admit i have worried about doing so) and i must admit i am too trusting and open with my own life and have at times regreted that aspect about myself with regards to topix people, but i Feel so much better reading this and feel that u sir are a man of honor and i have nothing but respect and admiration for u...
:)

“April”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I was looking out on the snow,
when my mind wandered back .. waaay back in time,
and I remembered, as a small child walking with my Dad.. who used lift my small body in his arms
out of the deep snow, and how he kissed me
on top of my curly head.

Memories are imprinted and wonderful.

just this..

.... "and I never will forget him..
for he made me what I am ...

tho' he may be gone, memories linger on ..

and, I miss him

'The old man' "

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
and I remembered, as a small child walking with my Dad.. who used lift my small body in his arms
on top of my curly head.
just this..
and, I miss him
'The old man' "
http://youtu.be/KUwx6Lq_qI8
for some reason this is the song i think of when memories come to mind with my own father. i often wonder if i knew him as a child And as an adult what my feelings would be, if they would be the same. he was 45, i was 10 when he died, i knew him only as a child could, but somehow i think he still would be great in my eyes - no matter..
do u know this song Grace?

Happy Weekend to All!

“April”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
for some reason this is the song i think of when memories come to mind with my own father. i often wonder if i knew him as a child And as an adult what my feelings would be, if they would be the same. he was 45, i was 10 when he died, i knew him only as a child could, but somehow i think he still would be great in my eyes - no matter..
Happy Weekend to All!
I'm sorry to hear that,
he was very young indeed.

My Dad lived to 83 so I
remember him very well,
I see him now as ALWAYS being placid and in good humour..

Your song choice is beautiful and brought
back sweet memories.

Thanks PFfff.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
The tulip garden looks all the more
inviting today 'Bright Eyes'as the weather
here has turned quite nasty, it's snowing right
now and there are gales and more snow expected.
Hope you and Sir Boomer will have a warm
and cosy weekend.
Regards..
Thank you so much Grace. Here is wishing you a wonderful weekend and special thoughts to you always!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
on top of my curly head.
just this..
and, I miss him
'The old man' "

Grace, thank you for sharing this video, it is beautiful. I am glad you have wonderful memories to hold on to. Have a wonderful day!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Been busy but I like busy, keeps the bills paid. And you? Sorry your evil stalker had to invade the kitchen. I try to ignore them though its a challenge sometimes not to respond.
Too bad I can't convince you to come up in the spring. Interesting mix of people.
It would be fun to meet every one :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
Iced tea!?
Hmmm...
I know in the southeast USA you can get iced tea or sweet tea. The sweet tea is well, hope your insulin is high!
Texans, give me some feed back.
Sweet tea and Chicken fried steak YUM

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
The tulip garden looks all the more
inviting today 'Bright Eyes'as the weather
here has turned quite nasty, it's snowing right
now and there are gales and more snow expected.
Hope you and Sir Boomer will have a warm
and cosy weekend.
Regards..
Grace are you familiar with the Tulip bubble in Holland? Bulb reached crazy prices until the bubble burst. A very interesting story if you would like to google it :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Weekend to All!
What a shame you lost him at such a young age for both of you

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much Grace. Here is wishing you a wonderful weekend and special thoughts to you always!
It is a pretty day here and I am feeling much better. I might go to a movie this morning :)

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Altrincham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
referring back to your post of yesterday re
the bunny that was flung in the river -
indeed, it DID happen, you have good recall!
To follow up, here's a clip of the details which might interest
you.
Snowing here now..
Hoping you aren't snowed under..
I heard WALES mentioned in our weather forecast..
as being one of the targets for snow...
Hang in there!
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2...
Grace,

as long ago as last year? I only saw it yesterday
on my Care2 pages. Good to hear he got an award, only
hope he has shelter this awful weather. Thanks for the
newspaper link, had much more to it than on the link I
read.
Well Grace, we have had a foot of snow so far, it has never
stopped all day. This morning it was South Wales had the worst
of it, but it has stopped there now according to Sky News weather.
Are you having similiar?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace,
as long ago as last year? I only saw it yesterday
on my Care2 pages. Good to hear he got an award, only
hope he has shelter this awful weather. Thanks for the
newspaper link, had much more to it than on the link I
read.
Well Grace, we have had a foot of snow so far, it has never
stopped all day. This morning it was South Wales had the worst
of it, but it has stopped there now according to Sky News weather.
Are you having similiar?
Isn't that a really big snow for you? Stay safe and warm

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Altrincham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"not in El's kitchen" ... Really?? You own this. Yesterday you owned to "bad table manners". The manner which you brought the slaughter and gun rights and the insistence on the topic discussion that you bring from other threads is what my 'long-winded' post about "the more the parrier" article was about.
It was also observed yesterday about poking the hornet's nest in which your rejoinder was quote :) unquote.
I observe that you're a baiter, instigator, and by your very exposure in other threads you have vulnerability regarding observations of being a prevaricator.
In all fairness Cuz Luke, I encouraged Denny to speak on what
he wanted, nobody has the monopoly on their own pet interests...
mine being cats I'm afraid, I have seen people's eyes glaze over in the RW when I have mentioned mine, to my credit I know when to
call a halt...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,701 - 21,720 of33,428
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••