Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I am so relieved...and I go along with that with pleasure...
Not sure if my cellphone has international long distance......:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Call me anything you want on a different thread but not in El's kitchen
I agree. Isn't he the nasty one slinging insults a while back? You & I disagree on the topic but neither of us gets nasty & insulting...heated maybe but not nasty.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Call me anything you want on a different thread but not in El's kitchen
"not in El's kitchen" ... Really?? You own this. Yesterday you owned to "bad table manners". The manner which you brought the slaughter and gun rights and the insistence on the topic discussion that you bring from other threads is what my 'long-winded' post about "the more the parrier" article was about.

It was also observed yesterday about poking the hornet's nest in which your rejoinder was quote :) unquote.

I observe that you're a baiter, instigator, and by your very exposure in other threads you have vulnerability regarding observations of being a prevaricator.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Isn't he the nasty one slinging insults a while back? You & I disagree on the topic but neither of us gets nasty & insulting...heated maybe but not nasty.
Are you confusing M69 with Roadrunner 7? M69,s statement "That is a lie" all in itself isn't automatically an insult, nor nasty.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Leggo of you eggo??? lol ...
Great one FC and have a safe trip back!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"not in El's kitchen" ... Really?? You own this. Yesterday you owned to "bad table manners". The manner which you brought the slaughter and gun rights and the insistence on the topic discussion that you bring from other threads is what my 'long-winded' post about "the more the parrier" article was about.
It was also observed yesterday about poking the hornet's nest in which your rejoinder was quote :) unquote.
I observe that you're a baiter, instigator, and by your very exposure in other threads you have vulnerability regarding observations of being a prevaricator.
There's an oops!! << about "the more the parrier" article was about. >> don't know how *article* jumped in there.

<< about "the more the parrier" idea. >> was my meaning.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I do manage to come to Ohio one day, hope your son will
accomodate me in a game of Frisbee! He should know, I am no
pushover...I can throw a mean frisbee!
Boomer, Brighteyes, thanks for sharing. And your Simba kitty is adorable.
Beautifully marked, and a lovely expression.
Thank you Lady El. Our son is a social bug and would love to throw with you!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>We drink gallons of ice tea. Much more so than hot tea. I thought since you live here a little you would have had ice tea but I didn't think Grace would have. Why is it that when you order something with ice in the UK you get one cube? Is it rationed :)We always have to watch what we order. Things like an egg salad sandwich. When what we should order to get what we want an egg mayonnaise.
PS. I love iced tea!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>We drink gallons of ice tea. Much more so than hot tea. I thought since you live here a little you would have had ice tea but I didn't think Grace would have. Why is it that when you order something with ice in the UK you get one cube? Is it rationed :)We always have to watch what we order. Things like an egg salad sandwich. When what we should order to get what we want an egg mayonnaise.
Fish and chips not french fries :-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Mighty Quinn. How is your day going :)
Been busy but I like busy, keeps the bills paid. And you? Sorry your evil stalker had to invade the kitchen. I try to ignore them though its a challenge sometimes not to respond.

Too bad I can't convince you to come up in the spring. Interesting mix of people.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>"not in El's kitchen" ... Really?? You own this. Yesterday you owned to "bad table manners". The manner which you brought the slaughter and gun rights and the insistence on the topic discussion that you bring from other threads is what my 'long-winded' post about "the more the parrier" article was about.

Yes, but in Denny's defense he does not resort to name calling and insulting people. His would be stalker has slung insults and name calling before. Name calling is not necessary to make your point.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>"not in El's kitchen" ... Really?? You own this. Yesterday you owned to "bad table manners". The manner which you brought the slaughter and gun rights and the insistence on the topic discussion that you bring from other threads is what my 'long-winded' post about "the more the parrier" article was about.

I don't recall Denny being outright mean & nasty to anyone. Call him out on facts but it wasn't necessary of the other guy to get nasty.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Good evening Kitchen-eers! The topic of much of the last 24 hours about cyber<-->RW relationships is certainly interesting. I'm glad y'all "brought it".

I've a six-pence song, but if it is no more pleasing than a blackbird singing in the dead of night I'll bear it.

It's a topic like a mosaic work not only person-to-person, but within a person; well, me. It's not "cut and dried", for sure.

As a generality, I'm not inclined to chat/small-talk via phone. I'm uncertain about the genesis of this. That is modified, however, by the relationship with the other party, by familial ties or over time otherwise. Over time would include getting more comfortable via on-line communication.

I've a special relationship with a sweetie-lady, another Offbeat personality. In order not to be "catfished" [see current 'to-do' news about a collegiate football player and/or information about a documentary and now a reality show titled "Catfish"] there was a lengthy amount of time invested in email, Facebook, and phone chat for that comfort of trust. We've exchanged several RW visits.

While a different scenario, the concept of trust is involved in other cyber<-->RW relationships too. That is for each of us to process individually. We each merit comfort in privacy and "security".

There are definitely long-time Offbeat folk exceeding my time here with whom a meet-and-greet would be immensely delightful. I have comfort with some that are "newer" than myself. And in an ideal world with sufficient finances to cover trips and wedding [and other stuff], a tour of the Isles across the sea to meet, dine, and converse with those good souls would be an utter delight for me.

There is caution in all that however. While I've consider sharing some pics of my RW life with a very short list of Offbeat posters, I am not in control of photos by others that may be shared innocently and unknowingly with Offbeat "buds", some possibly unscrupulous without their knowledge. That possibility is a concern about my "security" and by extension my family and sweetie-lady.

Why that point about "security:? Because of the encounter with someone intent on giving grief [likely a long-time poster] not so very long ago:

boring kitchen Jan. 1
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TD731E5...
"grief" Jan. 2
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
Separate thread created by same poster during the same time period -- subsequently deleted

I must say I was taken aback by the invite to this miscreant, and don't take it lightly.

To that end, I recently made this query. It has gone unanswered.

"Glad you (and Mrs.) connected to the kitchen. By my reckoning, your connection was about September [2012, for clarity]? Have you been posting with Quinny and/or Flower Child before that? "

And just as much: I can't get my mind around someone at four months "new" here being so eager and on fire for "throwing caution to the wind" for an "all is welcome" shin-dig, albeit in my own state.

My enthusiasm may a-light by May. Time will out.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you confusing M69 with Roadrunner 7? M69,s statement "That is a lie" all in itself isn't automatically an insult, nor nasty.
I found that comment and "Stop trying to make yourself look knowledgable with only an internet education." To be insulting and snarky in the context in which M69 wrote it. Denny may or may not have taken offense but I did.

As I said, you have called Denny out on facts without subtly calling him a showboating liar at the same time. That's the inside dig I got out of M69's comment and I assume Denny picked up something there too.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening Kitchen-eers! The topic of much of the last 24 hours about cyber<-->RW relationships is certainly interesting. I'm glad y'all "brought it".

It's a topic like a mosaic work not only person-to-person, but within a person; well, me. It's not "cut and dried", for sure.

As a generality, I'm not inclined to chat/small-talk via phone. I'm uncertain about the genesis of this. That is modified, however, by the relationship with the other party, by familial ties or over time otherwise. Over time would include getting more comfortable via on-line communication.

I've a special relationship with a sweetie-lady, another Offbeat personality. In order not to be "catfished" [see current 'to-do' news about a collegiate football player and/or information about a documentary and now a reality show titled "Catfish"] there was a lengthy amount of time invested in email, Facebook, and phone chat for that comfort of trust. We've exchanged several RW visits.

While a different scenario, the concept of trust is involved in other cyber<-->RW relationships too. That is for each of us to process individually.

There is caution in all that however. While I've consider sharing some pics of my RW life with a very short list of Offbeat posters, I am not in control of photos by others that may be shared innocently and unknowingly with Offbeat "buds", some possibly unscrupulous without their knowledge. That possibility is a concern about my "security" and by extension my family and sweetie-lady.

Why that point about "security:? Because of the encounter with someone intent on giving grief [likely a long-time poster] not so very long ago:

boring kitchen Jan. 1
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TD731E5...
"grief" Jan. 2
Separate thread created by same poster during the same time period -- subsequently deleted

I must say I was taken aback by the invite to this miscreant, and don't take it lightly.

To that end, I recently made this query. It has gone unanswered.

"Glad you (and Mrs.) connected to the kitchen. By my reckoning, your connection was about September [2012, for clarity]? Have you been posting with Quinny and/or Flower Child before that? "

And just as much: I can't get my mind around someone at four months "new" here being so eager and on fire for "throwing caution to the wind" for an "all is welcome" shin-dig, albeit in my own state.

My enthusiasm may a-light by May. Time will out.
I'm missing something DW.

Are you suggesting someone cut & pasted comments from this thread creating a new one? To what end?

"Invite to this miscreant?" I don't understand that either. To whom was it directed? Me?

I've been posting with Denny & FC for over a year on/off Topix. They know my real name. I've talked to Fisherman on other threads. I thought I've spoken with you by a different name. Whether I choose to meet folks I haven't bantered with for an appropriate amount of time --- however that is to be defined ---- is my business.

....."albeit in my own state..." The only reason we are gathering in YOUR state is because IN happens is midway between IL (my location) and OH (Boomer/Brighteyes location) and Ft Wayne has an airport since FC is flying in.

Do what makes you comfortable. And if you were taken aback by the invite, or by my or someone else's enthusiasm, well I guess that's on you.

Granted this is cyberspace but I think by now from comments and personal positions you can get and idea of who's sincere and what kind of folks we are.

To each their own.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Iced tea!?
Hmmm...
I know in the southeast USA you can get iced tea or sweet tea. The sweet tea is well, hope your insulin is high!
Texans, give me some feed back.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm missing something DW.
Are you suggesting someone cut & pasted comments from this thread creating a new one? To what end?
"Invite to this miscreant?" I don't understand that either. To whom was it directed? Me?
I've been posting with Denny & FC for over a year on/off Topix. They know my real name. I've talked to Fisherman on other threads. I thought I've spoken with you by a different name. Whether I choose to meet folks I haven't bantered with for an appropriate amount of time --- however that is to be defined ---- is my business.
....."albeit in my own state..." The only reason we are gathering in YOUR state is because IN happens is midway between IL (my location) and OH (Boomer/Brighteyes location) and Ft Wayne has an airport since FC is flying in.
Do what makes you comfortable. And if you were taken aback by the invite, or by my or someone else's enthusiasm, well I guess that's on you.
Granted this is cyberspace but I think by now from comments and personal positions you can get and idea of who's sincere and what kind of folks we are.
To each their own.
Rock on Quinn. I think DW is speaking of us being the new ones and being so excited to all of you. Point taken with his remark.....don't fall for the false Tulip Garden....which is my avatar and happens to be our garden. The question to Boomer was... has he had any contact with 2 other posters in El's kitchen before.....that was not answered by Boomer. Not getting any understanding of this whole thing with DW. We have meet individuals before and it was lovely. If DW doesn't want to join us that is his business. We are excited to meet and I will not justify it to anyone. Lots of love to you. Thanks again Quinn.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
As FC said, some of have all but abandoned other threads for the Kitchen. Must be the folks who come here. It's definitely the folks who come here!
LONG LIVE EL's KITCHEN!
(my apologies to anyone who consider the caps yelling. I was not yelling. It was heartfelt enthusiasm)
well DON'T CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM!!!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
Iced tea!?
Hmmm...
I know in the southeast USA you can get iced tea or sweet tea. The sweet tea is well, hope your insulin is high!
Texans, give me some feed back.
Unsweetened please. But the Cheesecake Factory has a wonderful mango flavored - unsweetened of course!

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock on Quinn. I think DW is speaking of us being the new ones and being so excited to all of you. Point taken with his remark.....don't fall for the false Tulip Garden....which is my avatar and happens to be our garden. The question to Boomer was... has he had any contact with 2 other posters in El's kitchen before.....that was not answered by Boomer. Not getting any understanding of this whole thing with DW. We have meet individuals before and it was lovely. If DW doesn't want to join us that is his business. We are excited to meet and I will not justify it to anyone. Lots of love to you. Thanks again Quinn.
The tulip garden looks all the more
inviting today 'Bright Eyes'as the weather
here has turned quite nasty, it's snowing right
now and there are gales and more snow expected.

Hope you and Sir Boomer will have a warm
and cosy weekend.

Regards..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,681 - 21,700 of34,917
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

240 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min _Word_Woman_ 14,770
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 6 min Parden Pard 3,961
When I Dream I Dream of _____ 7 min dirty white boy- 54
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 11 min poison 15,575
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 12 min honeymylove 11,643
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 12 min Parden Pard 2,942
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 16 min Parden Pard 28,690
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 24 min Parden Pard 13
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min Katie 141,174