“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#21998 Jan 17, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn if you are speaking of rifles there are no current military weapons on the street. They just look alike but don't work alike. Military is full auto!
Not even a semi-automatic M1911A1? How about a semi-automatic M-11? Or how about a semi-automatic Mk 25? Then there is always the semi-automatic Kimber Custom. But then there is the semi-automatic .40 S&W.

Not ALL military weapons are FULL auto Crain.

Stop trying to make yourself look knowledgable with only an internet education.

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21999 Jan 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
I was really 'blown away' by this post,
never expected such a wonderful expression
'THANK YOU' so very much.
It is wonderful too..
and one of the secrets of
EL's kitchen... that we are all such different
characters here, just like a jigsaw puzzle,
where ALL the pieces are needed & important ..
AND
the great picture * only *shows *
when ALL the pieces fit!
I meant it quite sincerely Grace. Although it isn't
our way to be so outgoing, lol, sometimes it is
important to let someone know what they mean to me.
Let me say you put it perfectly about the difference
in characters amongst we the group who congregate here
in the kitchen...I couldn't be happier with the grand bunch
of folk who come here...
call it an extension of Dirty Nelly's, one disappeared sadly
but may this one live for a long time to come.

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22000 Jan 17, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good my friend. Until fate can bring us together physically in one place, we can email, snail mail and live vicariously through each others adventures and day to day lives.
I am so relieved...and I go along with that with pleasure...

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#22001 Jan 17, 2013
Fully automatic weapons have been banned.
A special permit still allows ownership-
but a permit will not be given for purchase.

However, the purchase of 'parts' to make your
semi-automatic a (full automatic can still be purchased)- most have *button or lever* switches.
Don't get caught at a gun show doing it!!!!

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22002 Jan 17, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Good morning/afternoon to all!
My itouch is so old...
How old is it? Old enough that it can't take a Topix upgrade. Something about downloading an app that I can't get to!
I do hope everyone is having a great day! My new avatar needs to be tweaked. The sideways photo of Simba kitty does him no justice.
So if I do manage to come to Ohio one day, hope your son will
accomodate me in a game of Frisbee! He should know, I am no
pushover...I can throw a mean frisbee!

Boomer, Brighteyes, thanks for sharing. And your Simba kitty is adorable.
Beautifully marked, and a lovely expression.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22003 Jan 17, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even a semi-automatic M1911A1? How about a semi-automatic M-11? Or how about a semi-automatic Mk 25? Then there is always the semi-automatic Kimber Custom. But then there is the semi-automatic .40 S&W.
Not ALL military weapons are FULL auto Crain.
Stop trying to make yourself look knowledgable with only an internet education.
You notice I said current as in modern and was speaking about rifles. No military uses a semi only as there basic rifle.

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22004 Jan 17, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee Thursday, Grace, El, Quinn, Tony, Franko... etc etc. I came to read and wish all well like I do on occasion, and sad to see that there is another rift starting between El and Grace. I have a lot of serious issues happening at the present time, and I hope that the two of you can rise above yet another argument brewing. I think the world of you both, and I have a lot of people's phone numbers, and dont call for one reason or another. That does not mean I dont love a lot of you, it does not take anything away from the fact that we have been posting for years. I think it is a delightful idea if you meet one another, and never had a reservation that Grace would be included in the equation. This is a new year, and I hope that you will see your way clear to realize that this is one battle not even worth fighting over. Now why cant you call one another right now, say hello, laugh, and shake hands.
Vee...

as always, wonderful to see you here..although extremely concerned to
hear you have some serious issues, hope those are soon resolved.
Grace and I have talked it over....I think all is well between us once more. After all this time it would be devastating to think not.
Maybe we will meet each other one of these days, but at the moment, fine
as things are...of course this is just my word, hopefully Grace feels the same.
Don't think that your concern is not appreciated my friend.
As is mine for you....here for you if I can help.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22005 Jan 17, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Fully automatic weapons have been banned.
A special permit still allows ownership-
but a permit will not be given for purchase.
However, the purchase of 'parts' to make your
semi-automatic a (full automatic can still be purchased)- most have *button or lever* switches.
Don't get caught at a gun show doing it!!!!
John Browning even made a lever action into a full auto :)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#22006 Jan 17, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>You notice I said current as in modern and was speaking about rifles. No military uses a semi only as there basic rifle.
I also notice that you did not mention rifles and you were wrong.

"Military is full auto!"

That is a lie.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22007 Jan 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Vee...
as always, wonderful to see you here..although extremely concerned to
hear you have some serious issues, hope those are soon resolved.
Grace and I have talked it over....I think all is well between us once more. After all this time it would be devastating to think not.
Maybe we will meet each other one of these days, but at the moment, fine
as things are...of course this is just my word, hopefully Grace feels the same.
Don't think that your concern is not appreciated my friend.
As is mine for you....here for you if I can help.
Very well put El,
and yes, I too agree with that sentiment..
and feel the same,
as you say, after all this time it says a lot that
we.. us three .. You El, Vee and myself are chatting away
now in this post..

Like you, El,
I too hope Vee's issues can be resolved..
she knows I care too.
these are difficult times and no mistake.

Just now it is quiet, as I post.. a big fire,
sleet outside..the wind is up and I can hear Ali lightly snoring!

Peace is here.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22008 Jan 17, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also notice that you did not mention rifles and you were wrong.
"Military is full auto!"
That is a lie.
Call me anything you want on a different thread but not in El's kitchen

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22009 Jan 17, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good my friend. Until fate can bring us together physically in one place, we can email, snail mail and live vicariously through each others adventures and day to day lives.
How beautifully you worded above post...
RM... no less than
poetic..

a pleasure to read.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22010 Jan 17, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even a semi-automatic M1911A1? How about a semi-automatic M-11? Or how about a semi-automatic Mk 25? Then there is always the semi-automatic Kimber Custom. But then there is the semi-automatic .40 S&W.
Not ALL military weapons are FULL auto Crain.
Stop trying to make yourself look knowledgable with only an internet education.
We like 'our Denny' here!
Now, if you don't behave,
I swear I'll run after you with my
plastic water pistol.. and SPLASH!!! you!!

you'll have to excuse that I can't do it
in classy CLINT EASTWOOD style!
you see, a water pistol is the nearest
we're allowed to a gun over here!

LOL !!!!

Joking with you..of course..
good to see you over here M69.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#22011 Jan 17, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I asked you have you ever had Iced Tea? My English friend made a terrible face when she first tasted it :)
I'm so sorry I missed this D..

YES, I tried it, but,
could kinda take or leave it, quite
honestly..

A good old fashioned cuppa hot tea
- far nicer.

Sleet beginning to turn to snow here
*now*

how's YOUR weather, Denny?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22012 Jan 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry I missed this D..
YES, I tried it, but,
could kinda take or leave it, quite
honestly..
A good old fashioned cuppa hot tea
- far nicer.
Sleet beginning to turn to snow here
*now*
how's YOUR weather, Denny?
We got a very sunny dat and it is about 60 degrees with no wind. Makes me want to get out side :)

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22013 Jan 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put El,
and yes, I too agree with that sentiment..
and feel the same,
as you say, after all this time it says a lot that
we.. us three .. You El, Vee and myself are chatting away
now in this post..
Like you, El,
I too hope Vee's issues can be resolved..
she knows I care too.
these are difficult times and no mistake.
Just now it is quiet, as I post.. a big fire,
sleet outside..the wind is up and I can hear Ali lightly snoring!
Peace is here.
I agree Grace, it does say a lot..we three have shared a lot in
the past, lots of laughs and also some difficult times....
proves one can lose touch for a while but the foundation for
friendship has been laid already.

Cheers Grace, Vee.....

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#22014 Jan 17, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>We got a very sunny dat and it is about 60 degrees with no wind. Makes me want to get out side :)
Hi Denny...sounds a nice day you are having there in Texas.
I never have tried Iced Tea....I heard it was something other
than it sounds...sounds refreshing, hoping for some hot
weather this Summer and will finally try this.

Hope your wife is improving and will soon be back to good health.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22015 Jan 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny...sounds a nice day you are having there in Texas.
I never have tried Iced Tea....I heard it was something other
than it sounds...sounds refreshing, hoping for some hot
weather this Summer and will finally try this.
Hope your wife is improving and will soon be back to good health.
We drink gallons of ice tea. Much more so than hot tea. I thought since you live here a little you would have had ice tea but I didn't think Grace would have. Why is it that when you order something with ice in the UK you get one cube? Is it rationed :)We always have to watch what we order. Things like an egg salad sandwich. When what we should order to get what we want an egg mayonnaise.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#22018 Jan 17, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Vee. I've been watching your TV commercials. The ones for reverse mortgages I think. Go get em tiger!
Hi Mighty Quinn. How is your day going :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22019 Jan 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I am so relieved...and I go along with that with pleasure...
Not sure if my cellphone has international long distance......:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min CJ Rocker 148,930
What's your tip for the day? 16 min wichita-rick 1,215
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 42 min wichita-rick 1,869
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 44 min wichita-rick 15,446
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 49 min DanFromSmithville 120,720
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 51 min Captn Morgan 6,829
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 343
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr David0407 6,824
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 4 hr Christsharian Law 6
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 5 hr a_visitor 24
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr sunshine 22,209

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE