|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! The Mall was jamming with tykes.. running everywhere!! Had to Dodge a couple of them.
Discussion s seem to be DEEP here..DO I NEED a shovel?? On that note.. think I will have a Hot cup of Apple Cider and a few of those mini chocolate cupcakes.. think I will sit by the fire..
Hi CC ... good to see you ... I think I'll sit by the fire with you and have some mini chocolate cupcakes too and a glass of water to wash them down with ... I sure love chocolate but chocolate doesn't like me ... tickles my throat ... allergies and all but I like it ... Happy night to you ...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>I like El's kitchen because there are no eggos here and sometimes the stories get me all yoked up! LOL Wow, I have missed so much today.
By the way Denny I got my butt beat in pool last Sunday. Boomer was on FIRE!!!!!!
See! He probably WOULD break my thumbs!
:-)

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was the baseball commissioner in all this ... was he bypassed ... I watched the whole Roger Clemens proceedings ... his body language ... everything ... Our tax dollars at work ... and so now has the Rocket been cleared? He'll always have the stigma of HGH, steroids with him ... I wonder how his comeback with Minor League baseball is working for him ... the SugarLand Skeeters ... just south of Houston ... oh well ... pitching at age 50 ... you can take the baseball out the of the Rocket but you can't take the Rocket out of the baseball ... or something like that, lol ... spring training is almost here, yippee ... Oh, Luke ... first game ... Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros March 31st and I'll be there ... yoo-hoo ...
P.S. Texas Rangers minus
Mike Napoli --> to Boston Red Sox
Michael Young --> Phillies
Josh Hamilton --> 5 years 25 million bucks to Angels who already have pitcher CJ Wilson and power hitter 1st baseman Albert Pujols ... That may be the team to beat ... WOW ... what a team!
Alright, I'm off my soap box ... OH, but I forgot ... St Louis let switchhitter, southpaw, first baseman Lance Berkman go to the Texas Rangers as DH, yippee! He had 2 surgeries in May and Sept so may be just a DH but that's okay, he's back in TEXAS! yippee skippy dollar fifty..........
okay, bye!...
The MLB 'commish' AND the players' union boss were right there on their turn, testifying to the committee. Then some players had a turn.

Now, it seems Clemens testimony was a separate deal combined with his trainer accuser. I don't remember for sure if it was separate. Then Clemens was on trial for lying to Congress I think. He was acquitted of that.

Thanks for the update about Hamilton and Berkman. I hadn't seen or heard about those moves.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady El ... by the time you get this it'll be morning and I'll be heading toward San Antonio ... I'll be careful ... Have my packet and directions, map and GPS all charged up ... I'm sure the doctor will have all the answers ... they always do ... No snow here, just dry, cold and beautiful sunshine ... very very nice ... sending sunshine your way ... Have a beautiful day and be careful when you are out ... Lots of Love, FC <3 ...
Oh my yes ... wishes for safe trip to San Antone and back tomorrow. <3

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
Well folks, I think my itouch has bitten the big one! I am now back on the desk top. It has ben so long since I fired this up, I had to reboot. Does anyone have to do that any more?
Watched the pres this afternoon and had to have a glass of wine! I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz... Don't mind the guy behind th curtain. What a bunch of lame drivel!
Granted any shooting of citizens is trajic. However, the problem is weapons in the wrong hands! He failed to mention the firefighters that were ambushed in upstate New York.
Alas, Denny, please pass the brandy. My tea needs a pick up!
Hi Boomer. It's only a desk top for me -- and dial-up internet.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure they've aired the entire interview yet .... so until we've heard everything we can only speculate ... but I suspect Lance will say that he only did what all his main competitors were already doing and thus putting himself on equal footing ... if that will be his claim then the entire sport will be put under a huge microscope ....
Hi Franko ... I'd like to see the interview myself ... watch his eyes, his reaction to questions, his body language, etc ... Oprah is a great interviewer ... I don't get the OWN, do you?... have you seen the interview?... I think it aired today ... NO, it airs tomorrow ... here, now you know what I know ... here's the link ... it'll be in 2 parts ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/oprah-...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my yes ... wishes for safe trip to San Antone and back tomorrow. <3
Thanks, sweets!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The MLB 'commish' AND the players' union boss were right there on their turn, testifying to the committee. Then some players had a turn.
Now, it seems Clemens testimony was a separate deal combined with his trainer accuser. I don't remember for sure if it was separate. Then Clemens was on trial for lying to Congress I think. He was acquitted of that.
Thanks for the update about Hamilton and Berkman. I hadn't seen or heard about those moves.
25 million dollars, really?... and what a traitor after he got boozed up, drugged up and got right and straight, we gave him a baby sitter to go with him on the away games so he wouldn't "stray" after the games and then leaves us? REALLY?... Well, at least he's straight now and I wish him the best of luck ...

but look at this ... Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees have agreed to the outline of a record $275 million, 10-year contract, a deal that potentially would allow him to earn millions more if he sets the career home run record. This was in 2007 ... Now, listen ... NO ONE is worth this kind of money ... Especially NOT A-Rod ... I, personally, cannot stand A-Rod ... >>laughing<< not really ... Tom Brady, I cannot stand ... worse even, >>really laughing out loud<< *winks*... Beat the Texans FIVE TIMES GRRRRRRrrrrrr The only games we lost, 5 times!!!!!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>You got to let him win now and then. Our egos are so fragile :)
Leggo of you eggo??? lol ...

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, sweets!...
Y/W and niters to you and all the Kitchen-eers!:)

As Brighteyes posted ...[now] it's been a long day!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I don't think I said hello to Quinny ...
Hello Quinny >>smiles and waves<< ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

heck, IDK if I even went to my own thread today ... Jeez ... this thread requires maintenance, lol ... it was fun ... SVU is on ... see you on the morrow ... Have a great night yall ... >>blows kisses<<

“Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
heck, IDK if I even went to my own thread today ... Jeez ... this thread requires maintenance, lol ... it was fun ... SVU is on ... see you on the morrow ... Have a great night yall ... >>blows kisses<<
'Morning' FC,

Just in case you missed it,
I posted you a link you might be interested
in [#21757]
it's so easy miss a post, I know, with so many
coming in rapidly..

Hoping the weather's good where you live.

I see you are an avid reader, a great hobby indeed.

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for apologies. Our son has CP and that hasn't slowed him down! He is a fifth year junior at Kent State University and doing well. He played basketball in middle school, played tennis with his mom and I , and slings one mean Frisbee.
We all have some sort of inability... some call it bias or prejudice. Tell him to stay strong. The impossible is slightly harder than the possible!
I admire your post and very glad to hear
CP hasn't slowed your and 'Bright Eyes' son down,
there is a girl here who was born without limbs,
she has the sunniest disposition, and is an inspiration
to others who may not have the same
'drive'[for want of a better word] to go forward.

It's a bit early,
I'll post the link about her later.

Good day to you both...B and BE...

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting analogy ... very similar to my own youth, that derned wooden spoon ..... or whatever else lay within my mothers grasp.
Too true lol!

NOWADAYS we'd be sitting on the stairs -
phone in hand, threatening to 'phone CHILDLINE!!
if they DARED!

Problem is [speaking for myself here]
I didn't know what 'a phone' WAS back then lol..

PROBLEM SOLVED(:

[always good to see you, Franko]

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady El ... by the time you get this it'll be morning and I'll be heading toward San Antonio ... I'll be careful ... Have my packet and directions, map and GPS all charged up ... I'm sure the doctor will have all the answers ... they always do ... No snow here, just dry, cold and beautiful sunshine ... very very nice ... sending sunshine your way ... Have a beautiful day and be careful when you are out ... Lots of Love, FC <3 ...
'Morning Flower..just to say safe journey, the weather sounds
perfect for a little motoring, that is definately in your favour.
Hope the rest of the day goes accordingly....
Much love...<3

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't my intention Quincy...at all.
I am ashamed (but not much)..:) to say my post was filled with
sarcasm directed at one poster who calls herself a friend, yet
has no interest whatsoever in accepting a call from me after all
these years.
Freedom of choice at the end of the day I dare say.
El,

I didn't see this post YESTERDAY, somehow......
otherwise I would have replied.

I think I am the person you are referring to in
that post,
am I right?

Furthermore, I think you are being unfair,
transferring blame to ME for a post by you, which offended
RM QUINN..

Why were you not straight up and to the point
instead of saying your post was directed towards 'me'
via RM Quinn?

Let's tackle this 'honestly' and head on,
instead of innuendo and drawing others in..

You & I were posting 'here' and in DIRTY NELLIE'S
waaay back even with an entirely different group
of people > Vee: M04: MH: FRANKO: FALCON, LA SUNSHINE etc..
and that history must stand for something.

Newer posters now

AND

NOTHING in the world wrong per se, with that..
as, Topix [by it's very nature] is always evolving..

Yes American friends here ARE setting up a meeting,
and yes geographically You and I live close
enough to do the same and chat on the phone.

Allow for the fact that we are all different..
and I appreciate those differences..

I, personally, am not for meeting up with
cyber friends, I like to keep it
how it is 'cyber' friendship... which I DO hold in special regard.
am I SO wrong in that?

maybe I am the odd one out here -
but... at least,

I'm being honest.
so be it.. it's 'me' warts an all! as the saying goes.

Still, at the same time, I am delighted for those who DO
wish to meet, and wish them EVERY success..

I appreciate that we are all different,
and 'I' would also like the freedom to enjoy
that precious difference.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
egg-zacto-mundo, lol ...
lol...somebody could end up with egg on their face...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if if the 5 of us were to go bowling in May you mean you wouldn't try to break my thumb for a strike?
:-)
maybe just a finger nail

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••