speaking of handling burglars,
at present, we, over here are wondering how
to handle burgers!!!
you might've seen where horse DNA was found
in IRISH burgers.. The Tesco chain have stripped all the shelves
of same, two stores here of many burgers found with
horse DNA, and one in the UK..
They were carrying out a survey with regard to
quality of meat and this was their find!!
I know some people partake of such meat [horse] elsewhere
but what passed for beef wasn't 100% beef I believe..
and has displaced confidence in the food chain.
Not that it concerns 'me' personally,
but it's the major topic here this day.
As well it should! Confidence that one is getting what one is buying is crucial. Safe food is paramount of course. But trickery by substitution is very concerning too.

If one wants to, or has to, eat horse and done knowingly ...

but to be tricked; there's the thing, isn't it?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like El's kitchen because there are no eggos here and sometimes the stories get me all yoked up! LOL Wow, I have missed so much today.
By the way Denny I got my butt beat in pool last Sunday. Boomer was on FIRE!!!!!!
You got to let him win now and then. Our egos are so fragile :)

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Prynhawn Da i chi Cuz Luke...
Of course I realise that now, lol
Have you still got snow hanging around? It is just starting over
here, we have been lucky so far, possibly due to the salt air,
being so near to the sea, but I don't think we will get away Scot free.
The week is flying by, I was about to mention I watched Miranda...but
it was Monday...it's very amusing but prefer The Midwife, it's amazing
how Miranda can switch from comedy to serious acting.
I will say Nos Da to you {{{Cuz Luke}}}
Oh no, no snow from the balmy temps, rain, and wind we had before and over the weekend. I remember your post about watching Miranda, she's such a talent indeed!

{{{ Cuz El }}} golden slumbers 'til Thursday morn.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! The Mall was jamming with tykes.. running everywhere!! Had to Dodge a couple of them.
Discussion s seem to be DEEP here..DO I NEED a shovel?? On that note.. think I will have a Hot cup of Apple Cider and a few of those mini chocolate cupcakes.. think I will sit by the fire..
Well, sit ye down around the fire and munch and sip ... don't fly off ... and likely there will be chat you can sink your teeth into!

Or, strike up a "topic" that suits your fancy. Rest your flighty legs.:)

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure they've aired the entire interview yet .... so until we've heard everything we can only speculate ... but I suspect Lance will say that he only did what all his main competitors were already doing and thus putting himself on equal footing ... if that will be his claim then the entire sport will be put under a huge microscope ....
The 2.5-3 hour interview session will be edited to 2 programs on Oprah's OWN split to broadcast Thursday and Friday evenings according to the "news" about the interview.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>You got to let him win now and then. Our egos are so fragile :)
very funny DC. You must be feeling better. LOL How your lovely wife is doing better.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

That's Hope!!!! Long day at work.:)

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for that .. I always wondered how congress got involved ...
In the U.S. there are anti-trust laws. There are exemptions to that legislation which include the Major League Baseball business.

The MLB is always mindful of Congress' interest. I don't remember any explicit threat relative to the steroids and growth enhancement drugs, but surely an implicit threat was perceived that not only regulation about drugs was possible, but rescinding the anti-trust exemption as well.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for that .. I always wondered how congress got involved ...
and was meaning to ... you're welcome!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>My bad. I guess I don't have good table manners. I talk about things that interest me and guns and politics interest me very much :)
No worries, Denny ... this is an open forum and I believe you're allowed ... Lady El hasn't egg-zactly chased you off yet, LOL ... carry on soldier, ha ... no one's throwing eggs at you yet, hahahahaha j/k ... just don't wear a Cowboys t-shirt then you may see eggs flying at you, lol ...

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
Here's to Hope and Faith .. that tomorrow work-day won't be so long!:) Hello, Brighteyes.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to all.
You owe me a bottle of water! Your reply made it shoot out of my nose!! Too funny...
Hey there Boomer ... hope it didn't burn your nose hairs, ha! How about a glass of water for you and your lady ... quit buying cases of water a long time ago when they started filling my recycle bin and blowing all over the street waiting for the recycle guys to come around every other Wednesday ... I bought one of those PUR filter and attached it to my water faucet and just replace the filter every three months ... much better for the environment ... Added up the cases of water that I'd take to the gym everyday and drink everyday like we're supposed to and it added up ... would walk to the water fountain more often than not and figured I'd get more exercise that way, too ... anyway, I rest my case, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>In Texas we just shoot them :)
and ask questions later ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Well folks, I think my itouch has bitten the big one! I am now back on the desk top. It has ben so long since I fired this up, I had to reboot. Does anyone have to do that any more?
Watched the pres this afternoon and had to have a glass of wine! I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz... Don't mind the guy behind th curtain. What a bunch of lame drivel!
Granted any shooting of citizens is trajic. However, the problem is weapons in the wrong hands! He failed to mention the firefighters that were ambushed in upstate New York.
Alas, Denny, please pass the brandy. My tea needs a pick up!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
My vote is for William "Dummy" Hoy. The first deaf major league baseball player. All the signals you see with the coaches and umps can be attributed to him because of his inability NOT disability!
Good point, Boomer ... last summer when I saw my older brother ... he was himming and hawing about this that and the other ... how he couldn't do this, couldn't do that, and on and on and on ... I looked at him and said ... "Hey, there ain't no crying in baseball! Why don't you concentrate on what you can do!" ... He looked at me like I had two heads or something ... His wife almost choked cuz you don't talk to my brother like that, my niece got up and left the room and my nephew's eyeballs got as big as duck eggs and stuck his face in his hands like oh, nooooooo ... uh, that was the end of that conversation, lol ... it was a very quiet dinner until I started planning the next days events and then oh macho man lightened up ... He's such a drama dude, I tell ya, lol ... is there such a thing, YES there is ... reminds me of that song, macho macho man ...

VILLAGE PEOPLE ~ MACHO MAN ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
sorry I couldn't help myself ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, Boomer ... last summer when I saw my older brother ... he was himming and hawing about this that and the other ... how he couldn't do this, couldn't do that, and on and on and on ... I looked at him and said ... "Hey, there ain't no crying in baseball! Why don't you concentrate on what you can do!" ... He looked at me like I had two heads or something ... His wife almost choked cuz you don't talk to my brother like that, my niece got up and left the room and my nephew's eyeballs got as big as duck eggs and stuck his face in his hands like oh, nooooooo ... uh, that was the end of that conversation, lol ... it was a very quiet dinner until I started planning the next days events and then oh macho man lightened up ... He's such a drama dude, I tell ya, lol ... is there such a thing, YES there is ... reminds me of that song, macho macho man ...
VILLAGE PEOPLE ~ MACHO MAN ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
sorry I couldn't help myself ...
No need for apologies. Our son has CP and that hasn't slowed him down! He is a fifth year junior at Kent State University and doing well. He played basketball in middle school, played tennis with his mom and I , and slings one mean Frisbee.
We all have some sort of inability... some call it bias or prejudice. Tell him to stay strong. The impossible is slightly harder than the possible!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning {{{FC}}} you have a fanstatic, fandango day too <3
Steroids are illegal without doctors' care and prescriptions. The info and media coverage of the likely rampant use of them, and human growth drugs too, pretty much parlayed into Congress' "hands" to be involved for leverage to force the owners and players union to clean it up, or else Congress would "help".
Where was the baseball commissioner in all this ... was he bypassed ... I watched the whole Roger Clemens proceedings ... his body language ... everything ... Our tax dollars at work ... and so now has the Rocket been cleared? He'll always have the stigma of HGH, steroids with him ... I wonder how his comeback with Minor League baseball is working for him ... the SugarLand Skeeters ... just south of Houston ... oh well ... pitching at age 50 ... you can take the baseball out the of the Rocket but you can't take the Rocket out of the baseball ... or something like that, lol ... spring training is almost here, yippee ... Oh, Luke ... first game ... Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros March 31st and I'll be there ... yoo-hoo ...

P.S. Texas Rangers minus
Mike Napoli --> to Boston Red Sox
Michael Young --> Phillies
Josh Hamilton --> 5 years 25 million bucks to Angels who already have pitcher CJ Wilson and power hitter 1st baseman Albert Pujols ... That may be the team to beat ... WOW ... what a team!

Alright, I'm off my soap box ... OH, but I forgot ... St Louis let switchhitter, southpaw, first baseman Lance Berkman go to the Texas Rangers as DH, yippee! He had 2 surgeries in May and Sept so may be just a DH but that's okay, he's back in TEXAS! yippee skippy dollar fifty..........

okay, bye!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked Reservoir Dogs too; Pulp Fiction not so much, though I did like Bruce Willis' part in it.
Good morning, Quinny!
Reservoir Dogs ... one of the best soundtracks ever ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for apologies. Our son has CP and that hasn't slowed him down! He is a fifth year junior at Kent State University and doing well. He played basketball in middle school, played tennis with his mom and I , and slings one mean Frisbee.
We all have some sort of inability... some call it bias or prejudice. Tell him to stay strong. The impossible is slightly harder than the possible!
True dat ... CP meaning Cerebral Palsy?... wow, that is a hard feat to conquer ... thanks for encouraging him ... you guys ROCK! After my brother went on and on ... I started in about the MS and other afflictions I have and he was speechless ... he couldn't believe I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, travel and such ... I told him I can only ride the recumbant bike 2 miles and lift only 10 #'s but it's better than staying at home and feeling sorry for myself and having a "pity party" like he was attempting to have and I was refusing to attend and participate ... that didn't bode well with him, the "pity party" part, LOL ... so what, he broke his foot and hurt his back, get over it and move on I told him ... he didn't want to hear it ... then I started to talk about the soldiers at the VA that I talk to and help with their DD2-14's ... I guess we talk on a different level now ... We had a very good talk this afternoon ... it was a lot healthier talk than we've had in years, for sure ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
Time to relax sunshine!...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,601 - 21,620 of34,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

113 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
**Words with a Silent Letter** (Jun '13) 3 min quilterqueen 110
a to z word association... (Feb '11) 4 min quilterqueen 695
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Subduction Zone 111,729
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min _Word Woman_ 25,798
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 8 min quilterqueen 303
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 9 min whatimeisit 13,954
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min CJ Rocker 140,343
Should Topx sue Trolls 47 min -Persephone- 13
What is the meaning of life? 59 min cjt12 29