“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#21857 Jan 16, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, franko ... eggs in soup, yuck ... maybe over easy/medium with hash browns, ham & whole wheat toast ... never in my soup, lol ... maybe in my chef salad and never in my soup again, lol ... deviled eggs, of course ... but yet again, never in my soup, hahaha ... get where I'm going with this?---> never in my soup ... I guess just the thought of it, yuck!... Guess you might need to know I only eat the yoke of it and do not eat the white part ... I always pick out the white part and set it aside ... IDK why I never liked the white part of the egg ... I go straight for the cholesterol straight to the arteries part of the egg, the yoke, lol ... Is that TMI? hahaha ... Nice to see you again, franko ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
you had me giggling the whole time I read this ....

I refer the flavour of the yolk to .. if I have eggs over easy I hope the yolk is still soft, I dip some french bread in the yolk ....

What about scrambled eggs or french toast .. don't you mix the yolk and white?

What about potato salad with egg white?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#21858 Jan 16, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a rise out of me as well, LOL ...
OH the jokes keep coming ..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#21859 Jan 16, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning/afternoon all!
FC, we will have to find a small Asian restaurant in FWA and try the egg drop soup. I'll buy! LOL!
you could make it an all egg theme ... egg FU Yung, Egg rolls .....

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#21860 Jan 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Very funny indeed...always good for a laugh.
Have to confess, I am not happy about the way
the animals were looked after, or rather, not looked
after, during the filming of the Hobbit...so I won't
go to see it on principle.
Sorry.
I had no idea about this El,
so I googled it and came up with>>

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/11/hobbit-...

I was stunned to read it, and indeed I agree with you
about giving it 'a miss' as nice as it's said to be!

I'm more than surprised that a movie with
such a high budget couldn't do better
where the animals that were part of itm were concerned..
THose animals didn't ASK to be in the movie,
so it was up to their carers to see they were treated properly.

Like you say, seeing it now, knowing this
wouldn't be the same,
kinda like if you got a brilliant bargain
at less than half price..only
to find days later the 'bargain'
was stolen from someone originally,
it would knock all the good out of it ...

same goes for me with regard to 'THE HOBBIT'[unfortunately]

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21861 Jan 16, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good afternoon/eveningtide to ye Kitchen-eers.
I gots a "controversial topix" to bear. See, on the one hand, we have a cancer survivor, fierce competitor, winner, involved in foundation for garnering millions of dollars for cancer research and survivor support; a heroic personality.
On the other, we have a cheat, fraud, and bully (of the "little guy" that would obstruct his purposes).
Does the end justify the means?
This article is by the author of the flowing, brilliant piece about the Irish-woman boxer during the Summer Olympics; Yahoo! sports columnist.
He has condensed reportage by other sources into some pointed observations:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-...
And, I see parallel [but by no means attempting to make the activities "the same" gravity; one is obviously more heinous] between Armstrong and Saville -- powerful people with a power network, though not necessarily in the literal broadcast sense, of loyals to achieve/cover his purpose.
people do good things in their lives and people do bad things too.
human nature i guess u could say. and while i do Not respect Lance on his choices with "his" body - And especially do Not respect his dishonesty when confronted with this - it still does not (in my mind anyway) take away any of the good he has done for the cancer society. and while i definitely believe there are "bad" people in this world, there are the people who do "bad" things in life and it is those people that i can forgive simply because they are human. he has already been stripped and punished and now HIS punishment to himself is that he will have to live with it. and with that being said i believe its time for him to do just that. its time to stay OUT of the limelite and work on himself. because otherwise he just makes himself look worse.
im not sure if thats self punishment or just plain stupidity...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#21862 Jan 16, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea about this El,
so I googled it and came up with>>
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/11/hobbit-...
I was stunned to read it, and indeed I agree with you
about giving it 'a miss' as nice as it's said to be!
I'm more than surprised that a movie with
such a high budget couldn't do better
where the animals that were part of itm were concerned..
THose animals didn't ASK to be in the movie,
so it was up to their carers to see they were treated properly.
Like you say, seeing it now, knowing this
wouldn't be the same,
kinda like if you got a brilliant bargain
at less than half price..only
to find days later the 'bargain'
was stolen from someone originally,
it would knock all the good out of it ...
same goes for me with regard to 'THE HOBBIT'[unfortunately]
Meant also to include this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/23/ho...

On an unrelated subject..
VERY tragic about the helicopter crash
in London today -
Watching it on SKY NEWS.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21863 Jan 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>To me, cyber and real life are completely different, and n'ere
the twain shall meet.
Really? I think you just hurt my feelings. Sounds like you wouldn't want to meet any of us.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21864 Jan 16, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>you had me giggling the whole time I read this ....

I refer the flavour of the yolk to .. if I have eggs over easy I hope the yolk is still soft, I dip some french bread in the yolk ....

What about scrambled eggs or french toast .. don't you mix the yolk and white?

What about potato salad with egg white?
Bacon....you have to dip extra crisp bacon in the yolk.....then maybe your toast

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21865 Jan 16, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>you could make it an all egg theme ... egg FU Yung, Egg rolls .....
I will take a pass on the egg fu yung thank you.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21866 Jan 16, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>people do good things in their lives and people do bad things too.
human nature i guess u could say. and while i do Not respect Lance on his choices with "his" body - And especially do Not respect his dishonesty when confronted with this - it still does not (in my mind anyway) take away any of the good he has done for the cancer society. and while i definitely believe there are "bad" people in this world, there are the people who do "bad" things in life and it is those people that i can forgive simply because they are human. he has already been stripped and punished and now HIS punishment to himself is that he will have to live with it. and with that being said i believe its time for him to do just that. its time to stay OUT of the limelite and work on himself. because otherwise he just makes himself look worse.
im not sure if thats self punishment or just plain stupidity...
As I mentioned, there was a sports massage therapist who traveled with the team and she became aware of what they were doing. When it all came to a head and she refused to participate in the cover up Lance fired her and blackballed her. Not exactly a stand up guy in my book.

Location hidden

#21867 Jan 16, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I mentioned, there was a sports massage therapist who traveled with the team and she became aware of what they were doing. When it all came to a head and she refused to participate in the cover up Lance fired her and blackballed her. Not exactly a stand up guy in my book.
sorry Quinny - i dont normally read a lot of ur post so i didnt see that one. but there is no doubt about it, he was a drowning man who was willing to pull down anyone in order to save himself.
who knows what a person will do when confronted with a wrongdoing that he himself has created.
maybe i just dont know how to express myself, but i thought it was clear that i do not think of him as a "stand up guy" - but i dont hold that against him either, not many of us can be that for 24/7.

Location hidden

#21868 Jan 16, 2013
El - just wanted to say Bora Da!

of course it may not be morning there right now but i liked the sound of that, much nicer ring to it than good morning. lol

ya learn something new every day!
:)

“HAPUS DEWI SANT”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21869 Jan 16, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good afternoon/eveningtide to ye Kitchen-eers.
I gots a "controversial topix" to bear. See, on the one hand, we have a cancer survivor, fierce competitor, winner, involved in foundation for garnering millions of dollars for cancer research and survivor support; a heroic personality.
On the other, we have a cheat, fraud, and bully (of the "little guy" that would obstruct his purposes).
Does the end justify the means?
This article is by the author of the flowing, brilliant piece about the Irish-woman boxer during the Summer Olympics; Yahoo! sports columnist.
He has condensed reportage by other sources into some pointed observations:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-...
And, I see parallel [but by no means attempting to make the activities "the same" gravity; one is obviously more heinous] between Armstrong and Saville -- powerful people with a power network, though not necessarily in the literal broadcast sense, of loyals to achieve/cover his purpose.
Good Morning Cuz Luke...
confessing now that I hadn't read the link prior to making
my feelings known. Obviously more to Lance Armstrong than
just using drugs to win, which is what I thought was his only
'sin'.
I still feel his wrongdoings don't compare with those of Jimmy Savile, but quite see the comaprisons between powerful people
and how they can use their power as a cover up.
Interesting link when I got around to reading it and thanks for
that.

“HAPUS DEWI SANT”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21870 Jan 16, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, he had his cancer scare, divorced his spouse after almost 20 years of marriage and hooked up with Sheryl Crowe!
Not a real man in my book!!!!
Sickness and health, folks.
If I seem angry, I apologize. Just a personal issue...
'Morning Boomer...
sorry if it were I aroused your anger!...(:
feeling seemed to be running high yesterday...and why not,
this is a good place to voice our feelings after all.
I was more than surprised at Lance Armstrong's history and morals
are morals at the end of the day, still would say no comparison
but not exactly a yard stick for the younger generation, sad when
people we admired and who entertained us, let us..and themselves..down in this manner.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21871 Jan 16, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning/afternoon all!
FC, we will have to find a small Asian restaurant in FWA and try the egg drop soup. I'll buy! LOL!
Good morning, Boomer ... You can buy all the egg drop soup you can find in FWA ... I'll probably just push it aside and order a hamburger, LOL ... J/K ... Enjoy your day! FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21872 Jan 16, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Am I right to understand no eggs in your soup
Good morning, Denny ... that would be correct, no eggs in my soup, lol ... The movie LINCOLN was an excellent movie ... How nice yall got snow in your area ... it's just been cold and dry here ... Nice, I love it ... Have a nice day, Denny! FC <3 ...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21873 Jan 16, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite honestly, I couldn't get excited about it either. I think that was picked due to show time. He was such an interesting self made man I did not know what to expect. The movie focused on the ratification of the 13th Amendment and Lincoln's last days. We know it got ratified, we know when he was assassinated, but still it full of anticipation to hear the vote count.
I was very impressed with the movie and the cast. It was like when we saw The Artist ..... didn't interest me but when I saw it I thought it was an amazing film.
Damn you told me the ending :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21874 Jan 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Flower...my reaction struck me as funny later as I had just been saying that we English are reserved and non more so than me...haha
but sometimes stupidity like that gets to me. Not worth a reaction really.
How did you like the Batman movie? Be interested to know as I may get the dvd. Sadly one of our top stores who sell them has folded and they
have discounted everything, the internet has put them out of business.
The day has been great so far...busy...and I am about to make dinner just as soon as I leave here....
Enjoy the rest of your movie and the day..luvya
Good afternoon, Lady El ... I re-started the Batman movie and would you believe it put me to sleep, LOL ... Just like this book I'm reading "Plum Island" by Nelson DeMille ... if it doesn't get down to the meat and potatoes of the book by the next chapter I'm going on to the next book by same author ...

Actually, I thought your comment on the Batman: Dark Knight Rises was pretty funny now that I think of it and out from left field from you and cute ... we can use that a little now and again *wink*...

Have some errands after my soap opera today and a doc appointment in San Antonio tomorrow so I'll be pretty busy ... hope your day is a good one so take it easy and take care! Hugs, hearts, love, peace and happiness FC <3 ...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21875 Jan 16, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I think you just hurt my feelings. Sounds like you wouldn't want to meet any of us.
I am sure she would be delighted to meet us. If my wife was more mobile I would have met El on my last visit

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21876 Jan 16, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I took her to the doc and she is still very sick. I am better and mobile :)
Glad you are better, Denny ... peaceful healing vibes being sent to the Mrs ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beat Me, Somebody 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min MikeF 149,588
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,903
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,718
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 27,529
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,774
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,927
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Good-Evil 158,001
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 41 min Selecia Jones- JA... 17,915
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 43 min beatlesinafog 139,267
Obama takes control of Internet 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 169
Rest in Peace, Spock 5 hr -Lea- 223
More from around the web