El's Kitchen

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21796 Jan 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi P ... there's no crying in baseball they keep telling me ... well, there's no crying in Walgreen's dontchaknow, lol ... glad you got your flu shot finally ... now, they're saying we need two of those shots, What? I don't think so, haha ... Have a great afternoon! FC <3 ...
lol - ur so cute D

u say two shots?? ugh... i think i'll take my chances and maybe only get sick halfway. lol
;)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21797 Jan 15, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
yaknow .... your "fresh feet" describes a whole different way to perceive the "help" El received from that lady.
Kind of "walk in someone else's shoes" you did.:)
oh i have my "moments" - sometimes when i see them coming and im busy, i think inside my head - come on.. not now.
but im trapped inside my office and they know it. lol

but what the heck, its all good. loneliness is the worse feeling..

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#21798 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
speaking of potatoes I sent a link
here, I think Sat/Sunday re an Irish
potato dish, called COLCANNON..
if you or anyone here want to track it back,
it's a tasty and easy dish.
It's so easy to miss a post, there are
so many(:
I,too remember the MARIGOLD HOTEL movie,
seemingly they have another similar type movie
out now called QUARTET, starring Tom Courtney,
Billy Connolly and the great Maggie Smith,
and Pauline Collins.. apparently
about retired musicians.
A radio host urged folks to go see it,
saying it was and easy delightful movie.
'Morning Grace....thanks for the link, got the ingredients
and it will come in very useful receiving it first hand as
it were.
I wouldn't mind seeing The Quartet, I mentioned it yesterday
as being on my list of movies to see. Not at all sure when
I will get there as the roads are chaotic with this ice today.
We had snow yesterday evening, any in Dublin's Fair City as
yet?
Speaking of movies Grace, Chris Evans who has a column in my
Sunday supplement, recommends Les Miserables...to be viewed on
the big screen he says, so I may add that to my wish list.
Lincoln isn't released until the 25th here.
Don't you think this month is flying by?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21799 Jan 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm ... unfortunely not likely Qinny .... I have a big vacation planned for next December in Mexico so a second trip is not likely .... too bad because I would reaaly like such a gathering ...
Our loss. Perhaps another time. Do hope you enjoy Mexico. I was only there once. Beautiful beaches. It was also nice to venture into some non tourist spots.

Location hidden

#21800 Jan 15, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I took my wife to the doc and he loaded her up with meds
'Morning Denny...hope your wife is feeling the benefit of the meds
and generally feeling much better...mornings are always the worst,
morning and last thing at night. Hope you have improved yourself...
take care.

Location hidden

#21801 Jan 15, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Now there is a big difference in our TV. We have Gordon Ramsey but they bleep all his foul language. We don't see naked breast here on normal television. I am so proud of myself for not saying something funny about the type of bird El mentioned :)
....:)

Location hidden

#21802 Jan 15, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a feeling she just needed an "ear" - ya know? someone to talk to and u were it. i see that where i work, there are a lot of elderly tenants and they stop by to talk, sometimes trying not to be obvious that they just have a need to talk. they're feeling lonely so they come in and might ask me which curtains i would choose for their kitchen, ask if i would sew a button on their coat for them, or ask me to get their packages from their car and then chat away and away and away... lol
its just their "need" to stay connected somehow to the outside world and i guess i represent that to them. but i look at it like this, some day i hope when the need is there for me, hopefully someone will be there for me too.
but! they might end up with sore ears. LOL
:)
'Morning Pretty Feet....
I know what you are saying, I would feel bad making an issue of it if that were the case though. Life is different here in Wales to what it
was in England, here, whereas in England we are much more reserved, and non more so than myself, the Welsh are not like that, they speak to total strangers and I have learnt to do the same. And if one endeavours to speak their language, then you are a friend for life. Not that I am fluent but I try in view of the history and in view of the attitude towards the Welsh from many of my visiting countrymen. Much as I dislike to admit it.
So really, she was advising me out of the goodness of her heart, and no way would I throw her advice in her face. The laugh was, I went in the store with a list, and came out with a completely different list altogether..:)
I opened a charity shop here shortly after moving into this village,
and local people would come in simply for a chat...one lady, who is now in a home, used to bring me a cup of tea from the cafe down the street.
There was one fellow, had learning difficulties, on his way to the day centre, each morning would wait on the doorstep of the shop to wish me a Bora Da (G'Morning) and give me a kiss. Late afternoon, he and some of the others at the centre, called in specifically to tell me about their day.
I miss running that shop..it was like being thrown into the Lion's Den on that first day in a strange place, but I made so many friends there
it was the best thing I did to ease into the area.

Location hidden

#21803 Jan 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO at your quip about the dark knight rises ... would not have expected that of yuo!!!
LOL....it conjures up quite an image, couldn't resist the quip.

Nice to see you here again Franko.

Location hidden

#21804 Jan 15, 2013
A message to the mad iconer. Up Yours.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21805 Jan 15, 2013
Good morning El! Excellent choices for movie outings though be warned they are both rumored to be very long. Our choice was also either Les Mis or Lincoln. Much to my surprise Lincoln was amazing with an incredible cast. Enjoy!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21806 Jan 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>egg in a soup is pretty good ... I often have the chinese noodle soup and add an egg in it ... you have to break it up so that it hardens in little chinks .. this is just to add a little extra protien into the meal. I also add salami or chunks of ham sometimes ...
Good morning, franko ... eggs in soup, yuck ... maybe over easy/medium with hash browns, ham & whole wheat toast ... never in my soup, lol ... maybe in my chef salad and never in my soup again, lol ... deviled eggs, of course ... but yet again, never in my soup, hahaha ... get where I'm going with this?---> never in my soup ... I guess just the thought of it, yuck!... Guess you might need to know I only eat the yoke of it and do not eat the white part ... I always pick out the white part and set it aside ... IDK why I never liked the white part of the egg ... I go straight for the cholesterol straight to the arteries part of the egg, the yoke, lol ... Is that TMI? hahaha ... Nice to see you again, franko ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21807 Jan 15, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Regards shall by conveyed in a little while :) nite,nite <3
Good morning Deer Luke ... Hello again to both of you ... Enjoy your day ... still kind of dark to tell what kind of day it's going to be, hopefully a great one for all of us ... Have a great one! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21808 Jan 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO at your quip about the dark knight rises ... would not have expected that of yuo!!!
Got a rise out of me as well, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21809 Jan 15, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - ur so cute D
u say two shots?? ugh... i think i'll take my chances and maybe only get sick halfway. lol
;)
Good morning, P ... There have been so many flu incidents this year reported in hospitals than in years past ... doctors are encouraging patients to get a second flu shot ... I got the crud in November and then again in January ... that's what we called the first 'bout and the second 'bout that Denney and I were talking about ... thank goodness the second 'bout wasn't as bad as the first but most of all it was NOT the flu ... Got my flu shot in October ... thank G_d for small favors ... Stay healthy young lady! Peaceful and healthy vibes your way! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21810 Jan 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Good morning El! Excellent choices for movie outings though be warned they are both rumored to be very long. Our choice was also either Les Mis or Lincoln. Much to my surprise Lincoln was amazing with an incredible cast. Enjoy!
Good morning, Quinny! Lincoln was an excellent movie ... I wouldn't mind seeing it again on the big screen ... As a matter of fact I think it's still showing on the big screen ...

Did you get a chance to watch Hawaii 5-O last night? It was pretty good ... A lot of one-liners as usual, Danno was pretty funny ... but I didn't get who the kid was playing next to him, his brother? nephew? Did you get who the kid was who at the end said he might want to become a CSI?

How are you this morning?... Good day to you ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21811 Jan 15, 2013
Good afternoon Lady El ... how is your day so far ... I started my Batman film yesterday afternoon and it's stuck in my DVD player waiting for me to finish so I think I will do so at this time ... I agree with you on the mad iconer ... I wish topix would just altogether take that feature away! Enjoy your day just the same! Love, FC <3 ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21812 Jan 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, franko ... eggs in soup, yuck ... maybe over easy/medium with hash browns, ham & whole wheat toast ... never in my soup, lol ... maybe in my chef salad and never in my soup again, lol ... deviled eggs, of course ... but yet again, never in my soup, hahaha ... get where I'm going with this?---> never in my soup ... I guess just the thought of it, yuck!... Guess you might need to know I only eat the yoke of it and do not eat the white part ... I always pick out the white part and set it aside ... IDK why I never liked the white part of the egg ... I go straight for the cholesterol straight to the arteries part of the egg, the yoke, lol ... Is that TMI? hahaha ... Nice to see you again, franko ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Good morning/afternoon all!
FC, we will have to find a small Asian restaurant in FWA and try the egg drop soup. I'll buy! LOL!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21813 Jan 15, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
A message to the mad iconer. Up Yours.
LOL That is just Eric. He doesn't matter. I woke up to a snow no one predicted. A very nice surprise

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21814 Jan 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Good morning Quinn. I just can't get excited about Lincoln but if you say it was good I may check it out

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21815 Jan 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, franko ... eggs in soup, yuck ... maybe over easy/medium with hash browns, ham & whole wheat toast ... never in my soup, lol ... maybe in my chef salad and never in my soup again, lol ... deviled eggs, of course ... but yet again, never in my soup, hahaha ... get where I'm going with this?---> never in my soup ... I guess just the thought of it, yuck!... Guess you might need to know I only eat the yoke of it and do not eat the white part ... I always pick out the white part and set it aside ... IDK why I never liked the white part of the egg ... I go straight for the cholesterol straight to the arteries part of the egg, the yoke, lol ... Is that TMI? hahaha ... Nice to see you again, franko ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Am I right to understand no eggs in your soup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 2 min beatlesinafog 3,336
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 5 min andet1987 253
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min andet1987 8,934
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min beatlesinafog 12,675
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 12 min andet1987 139
Poll Men lie ... (Oct '07) 12 min Just Roxie 307
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min dirtclod 171,727
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min middleman1 167,098
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr grace-fallen 29,515
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 3 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,903