21,401 - 21,420 of 35,968 Comments Last updated 57 min ago

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21735 Jan 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
tempura......and I like crab Rangoon
Contrary to popular belief, sushi does not in and of itself mean raw fish http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi it's how the rice is prepared. I love California Maki rolls.
won ton soup? hot & sour? I can't think of any others....
Sent from my iPhone
yes, it's the hot and sour soup I like ... won ton is good as well ... it's the egg drop soup I do not like the sound of ... egg? in a soup? really??? let me think? um, that would be a no, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21736 Jan 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show off!:-)
All I know are ORD and MDW. O'Hare and Midway.
Having worked for an airline for 5 years in the mid 80s is why I still use military time and airport codes ... and, my baby sister works for a major airline ... just saying, lol ...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21737 Jan 14, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it's the hot and sour soup I like ... won ton is good as well ... it's the egg drop soup I do not like the sound of ... egg? in a soup? really??? let me think? um, that would be a no, lol ...
I love the wasbi. Man there is power in that stuff:)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21738 Jan 14, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Having worked for an airline for 5 years in the mid 80s is why I still use military time and airport codes ... and, my baby sister works for a major airline ... just saying, lol ...
Remember the We really move our tail for you ads:) It used to be a girl was out of work at about 35. Today the attendants have walkers :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21739 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem destined not to see this movie Flower, the best laid plans and all that, it's such a hike to get to the cinema from here, that I think I am going to make a special journey to see Quartet
and another interests me is Lincoln...and catch Jack Reacher on dvd.
Trying not to visualise Tom C minus shirt...it's rather early in the moring (not yet 7 a.m) am in my bed complete with laptop catching up with the world.
(Flingin back duvet and slipping into slippers....
and wishing you the sweetest of dreams...<3
Good afternoon Lady El ... If you see Lincoln at the cinema you will NOT be disappointed ... it was a very good movie ... I think it may be nominated for some awards ... I will probably rent it when it comes around on Netflix ... if you're not destined to see Jack Reacher on the big screen, then yes, you must see it on DVD ... it'll be worth your while ... and plus you'll be able to re-run at your leisure ... there are a lot of good movies coming out ... I've had The Dark Knight Rises on my desk since last Thursday but I had a very good book I wanted to finish and then the weekend came around with the football playoffs ... I may get around to watching it this afternoon, who knows ... In any event ... hope you, P and the furry one's are all well and hope today finds everyone in good spirits ... Enjoy the rest of your day! Peace and Love, FC <3 ...

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21740 Jan 14, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. How are you this fine morning. I am going to take my wife to the doctor today. She iws really feeling bad
Good Morning Denny...I'm good thank you very much, I'm sorry to hear your
wife is no better, hope you are feeling much better after the weekend.
I didn't see your post earlier on..
While I am here, cannot believe I spoke to you that way yesterday!
Familiarity and all that. Totoally up to yourself whether you choose
carry on with your eating plan...it's healthier not to be carrying the weight around anyway.
But you do need those carbs for energy!...:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21741 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Hello all!
Quinn, allow FC to make plans and we can hook up from there. Fort Wayne as well as Muncie works for us!
Should be fun...
FC, your call.
Good evening/morning to all!
Good morning, Boomer ... hope you had a great weekend and your Monday is off to a great start ... It was all good here!... FWA is good and the dates are good as per email ... should be a blast and so looking forward to it ... Have an awesome day! FC <3 ...

Manchester, UK

#21742 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Cuzzin :) Oh my yes, so many conversations are had in that length of time on a vast array of topics. Who can?
A Golden Globe for her?! Very much earned. Yep, Downton Abbey is still ... superb.
And thank YOU so much for writing so; however, it is an honor to me to participate here. Thank you for that.
An impossibility to remember everything said, I agree. Don't feel too
badly about it now!...:)
Yes, Dame Maggie is a National Treasure, I was wondering if you saw the movie The Exotic Marigold Hotel? She was wonderful in that, as were the whole cast, great movie.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21743 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed, the sweet potato or the yam variety is so tasty baked or mashed, with brown sugar.

I've never had fried sweet potato that I recall. Sweet potato pie is not something I would choose over other pies; nope. I would pass by sweet potato pie.
DW, DC, a lot of restaurants pass off their sweet potato fries as such and in reality, two different items! Yams are sweeter and are a very orange color; whereas the sweet potato is very pale or almost a salmon color.
A very good sweet potato pie I will take over pumpkin any day!

Manchester, UK

#21744 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem with me. Parenting is parenting; the rewards and pitfalls are part-and-parcel no matter the orientation of the relationship which hopefully is nurturing, not dysfunctional.
I think the days of 'normality' are over...at one time a child would stand out like a sore thumb with anything but two parents of the opposite sex, but then came one parent families (of which I was one
eventually) and as my sister who was a teacher put it, a family where the only consistency in the household was the same bed. She taught in a deprived area, whether that has any bearing.
So yes, parenting is parenting as you say, and should be judged if at all, on the well being of the child and not the gender persuasion.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21745 Jan 14, 2013
Asian food! Woo-hoo!!
I lived in Japan for 3 years. Egg drop is good! Think of a scrambled egg in broth. Miso and won ton are my favorites! When it comes to raw fish, salmon wins hands down!

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#21746 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
DW, DC, a lot of restaurants pass off their sweet potato fries as such and in reality, two different items! Yams are sweeter and are a very orange color; whereas the sweet potato is very pale or almost a salmon color.
A very good sweet potato pie I will take over pumpkin any day!
Yep; and I prefer the sweeter, more colorful yams but a sweet potato will suffice in the absence of the former.

Manchester, UK

#21747 Jan 14, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Gd Afternoon All,
Doing a bit of catching up this am...
El,
So glad you checked out that documentary,
it is a one off.
Going back to the VICK ON THE FEET method(:
I'm almost certain that 'twas M04 in the olden
days who wrote
about it, either HERE on this thread..
or 'Dirty Nelly's thread' before
it's demise;
apparently the addition of
putting socks on over the application
of vick IS part of it;
helps with absorption or some such..
In any case veryone swears by this
old remedy, just shows,
a lot of 'old wives tales'
Cold here threat of snow,
but in all, NOT BAD.
Pleasant thoughts everyone.
have a worth of their own.
It rings a bell that MO4 posted it Grace, could be I sent
it to her in e-mail, who knows, my memory doesn't stretch so
far back!
I would have thought that the socks would absorb the Vick,
obviously not.

Remember another method of clearing congestion...putting a teaspoon
of Vick's Vapour Rub into a bowl of boiling water, and leaning over same
with a towel over the head to inhale the vapours?

NOT to be done if Asthmatic or prone to nose bleeds.

Weather pretty much the same here as in Ireland, we had a downpour
of Hailstones earlier and it's getting colder now. P knowcked up a bird
table this morning as our other one had taken a tumble, within seconds of
putting food on it the birds were down...cats indoors.
Nice to see, and noticed that some of the little Blue Tits are taking the
food back to the nests.

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#21748 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
An impossibility to remember everything said, I agree. Don't feel too
badly about it now!...:)
Yes, Dame Maggie is a National Treasure, I was wondering if you saw the movie The Exotic Marigold Hotel? She was wonderful in that, as were the whole cast, great movie.
No I haven't yet. The movie promos on the coLOr tV and reviews are positive ... as in, "should see".

Manchester, UK

#21749 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I do most of the shopping and over the age of 50, I find myself helping young families make smart purchases. Our local grocer has an area called managers special. You can find a roast with plenty of uses for less than 10 dollars, US. You cut it up for steaks, stew or kabobs! That is three meals, in three days. And in your veggies and stuff, feast on!
That's very economical and wouldn't be at all monotonous being able
to vary the meals...credit to the local grocer. Good to know that not
all shops are purley 'on the make'.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21750 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the days of 'normality' are over...at one time a child would stand out like a sore thumb with anything but two parents of the opposite sex, but then came one parent families (of which I was one
eventually) and as my sister who was a teacher put it, a family where the only consistency in the household was the same bed. She taught in a deprived area, whether that has any bearing.
So yes, parenting is parenting as you say, and should be judged if at all, on the well being of the child and not the gender persuasion.
What in the world is normal anymore El. We are old enough to see so many changes. The new Normal is always changing. What will be the next thing that shocks us today but will be excepted in a few years.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21751 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy and fun Saturday to ya,{{{ FC }}} <3 :)
I haven't seen a whole pile of Cruise films but I remember that both he and Hoffman were great in 'Rainman'-- simply great movie.
Good morning Deer Luke ... I have the Rain Man film in VCR ... and yes, I still have a VCR, corny right? LOL ... I love that movie ... forgot Cruise was in it Charlie Babbitt ... very cool movie ... How was your weekend and how is Paula? Hope the two of you are doing very well ... Everything is good on this end ... Be sure and give her my regards and yall have a great week! Luvya, FC <3 ...

Manchester, UK

#21752 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Sweet potato! Mashed, baked, or fried, yummy!
Great with a bit of brown sugar on the baked or mash.
Well that sounds delish...I often have sweet potato but never tried
adding a little brown sugar...that's what I'll do!..:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21753 Jan 14, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>My wife and I are both sick with a terrible cough. My ribs hurt from it :(
Sorry to hear yall are sick .. AGAIN? I went 2 bouts with the same thing ... hope yall aren't on the 2nd bout ... Feel better! FC <3 ...

Manchester, UK

#21754 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
No I haven't yet. The movie promos on the coLOr tV and reviews are positive ... as in, "should see".
Just wondered. I don't see many movies on the colour tv myself
not having the movie channel, but saw that at the picture house.
Well worth seeing if you get the opportunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Princess Hey 145,115
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Spirit67_ 18,509
Happy Labor Day Weekend 11 min Spirit67_ 4
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 13 min Cyan in CA 77,224
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,146
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 16 min AmyFaith 4,855
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 17 min Cyan in CA 6,631
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 348
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 229
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr Petal Power 796
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••