“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21715 Jan 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who defines marriage? Who defines family? Why shouldn't same sex spouses have the same rights as opposite sex spouses? Illinois may sanction civil unions but the federal Defense of Marriage Act prevents same sex spouses from having ER access to their loved ones and host of other things you and your wife take fir granted. Why?
Seriously. Why? It's not special rights. Special 'rights' are designated parking spaces for pregnant women. If the church does not want to officiate so be it, but legally it is still a marriage and should enjoy the same things as any other married couple.
I am with you on most things Quincy, and if there were still the need for civil rights marches, would be by your side! P and myself were
once in Aberystwyth (Welsh coastal resort and city) for a day out, when
the streets were suddenly flooded with protest marchers carrying banners about the situation(at that time) in China. Next minute I was in the middle of it carrying a banner....not one to sit on the fence.
What I would be interested to know though is, how do you feel about gays bringing up children with two same sex parents?

Throwing this out to anyone who would has an opinion on this.

I will put my own views in beforehand, which are, I cannot see a problem
myself, it is not an uncommon situation over here, therefore the child is not in the minority to perhaps be made fun of...the main thing is a
decent, loving, caring, secure homelife.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21716 Jan 14, 2013
Good morning Lady El and all kitchen goers!
Same sex raising kids... Hmm. Most of the same sex couples I know ate very loving and caring of their children! A friend of mine and his partner, adopted two African-American boys that were drug addicted and a host of medical issues.
Studies have found that most same sex couples have a better education and employment.
I am not against two people marrying. However, divorce lawyers are licking their chops over divorce rates in the USA.
How did Man U fare?

I should have mentioned, good afternoon!

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#21717 Jan 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
September only came in when I asked about your daughter's wedding so you could join in the fun without conflict. Boomer suggested springtime which sounds like a good time if you have an opening. FC was gonna come in from Texas.
Could you work it?
Good morning.

Uh, you read too fast, girl. The September reference was to past -- 2012, not the wedding September in 2013.

-- every day --

#21718 Jan 14, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i still have the pillow that i made in Home Ec class. lol
lil yellow but... lol
did i read u have a daughter that will be married soon? Congrats! when my D got married - at the end of the nite my hubby asked me why they never had the father/daughter dance, they did but it wasnt the "Daddy's little girl" song that my D chose but a Norah Jones song, he had NO idea. i felt SO bad for him, i knew she chose that song, but because it was Her "special" day, i didnt say anything about this orig song thats usually played and assumed she just wanted this song over that one. but turns out she didnt really know about that song and said she would have certainly used it. i felt so bad and to this day i regret not speaking up about it...
oh yeah, and IF u need reading glasses, make sure u dont forget them. my hubby forgot his and couldnt read the speach he wrote for her and being put on the spot like that he said he forgot some of the things he wanted to say.- poor thing..
:( lol
weddings can get a little stressful and crazy - have fun though!
:)
Good morning, Pretty Feet :) Thanks ... and thanks for the advice pointers for 'her special big day'. I haveta write a speech?@!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21719 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I am with you on most things Quincy, and if there were still the need for civil rights marches, would be by your side! P and myself were
the streets were suddenly flooded with protest marchers carrying banners about the situation(at that time) in China. Next minute I was in the middle of it carrying a banner....not one to sit on the fence.
What I would be interested to know though is, how do you feel about gays bringing up children with two same sex parents?
myself, it is not an uncommon situation over here, therefore the child is not in the minority to perhaps be made fun of...the main thing is a
Good morning El. How are you this fine morning. I am going to take my wife to the doctor today. She iws really feeling bad

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#21720 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Good morning Lady El and all kitchen goers!
Same sex raising kids... Hmm. Most of the same sex couples I know ate very loving and caring of their children! A friend of mine and his partner, adopted two African-American boys that were drug addicted and a host of medical issues.
Studies have found that most same sex couples have a better education and employment.
I am not against two people marrying. However, divorce lawyers are licking their chops over divorce rates in the USA.
How did Man U fare?
I should have mentioned, good afternoon!
Good Morning Boomer...very true from observations only better education and employment, and nobody goes through the adoption process lightly, so
can only be for the good. Is that divorce rates per se, or amongst same sex couples?
Man U won, 2-1..so it was close, Liverpool however played very well and are getting back to their old form, as they were once at the top of the game. They have a new manager who is doing well with his team. Thanks for asking....:) Did you watch the Globes last night? I believe it's on tonight over here.

-- every day --

#21721 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Your presence in this kitchen is awesome Cuz Luke...you bring us so much
knowledge and everyday stuff of interest also. My memory failed me on
Rick Steves I'm afraid. Can't store it all, lol.
Time does fly, you are so right.
I haven't heard a thing from SteveUK...more's the pity, indeed, hope all is well with him.
Enjoy Downton? Silly question I know, it's brilliantly done. Glad to see Dame Maggie Smith got an award last night.
Good afternoon, Cuzzin :) Oh my yes, so many conversations are had in that length of time on a vast array of topics. Who can?

A Golden Globe for her?! Very much earned. Yep, Downton Abbey is still ... superb.

And thank YOU so much for writing so; however, it is an honor to me to participate here. Thank you for that.

-- every day --

#21722 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem with me. Parenting is parenting; the rewards and pitfalls are part-and-parcel no matter the orientation of the relationship which hopefully is nurturing, not dysfunctional.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#21723 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Boomer...very true from observations only better education and employment, and nobody goes through the adoption process lightly, so
can only be for the good. Is that divorce rates per se, or amongst same sex couples?
Man U won, 2-1..so it was close, Liverpool however played very well and are getting back to their old form, as they were once at the top of the game. They have a new manager who is doing well with his team. Thanks for asking....:) Did you watch the Globes last night? I believe it's on tonight over here.
Go Man U!
Actually, there isn't any data on same sex divorce, just hetero marriages only. Give it time. Only time will provide data.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21724 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, don't compare civil rights to gay rights! Everyone can see you are black; not everyone can see you are gay!
I have no problem with gay couples. I have a problem with any group changing the very meaning of words because they want too. There are all kinds of sexual arrangements from shaking up to one night stands but they are different than marriage. I think there is a much better argument for having more than one wife to be a marriage. It is practiced today and in history

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#21725 Jan 14, 2013
We lead a quiet life here...some would say almost boring, lol, but just wondering now if others have
the same experience I have when I go shopping.
I went over to the island yesterday, change of scene,
and the shops are close together, so headed for one
where I needed the majority of things on my list.
Was perusing the vegetables aisle when I got talking
to a lady who was also choosing potatoes. She started
entolling (is that the word)? on the merits of the sweet potato, and then went on to give me the recipe for a particular dish which calls for it, but other potatoes do not fit the bill. I politely said, that sounds nice, giving her the impression that I was going to make it, and so could not avoid putting sweet potatoes in my trolley.
I headed for the milk...she also has Soy milk, but as I reached out for my Alpro Original she told me that the store next door has their own brand...'and it's good' for half the price.
Not wanting to appear a spendthrift I thanked her for the advice (in Welsh) lol, and moved on, minus my milk.
I knew I had plenty of my own choice in my fridge at home, so no worries there.
The bottom line is, I came out without half the items on my list...I am left wondering if I look as though I need this kind of advice, having shopped under my own steam for a long long time.
I will forgive her though, as in recommending certain classes, she said they are for people of my age group...the OVER 50's. YEAH!

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21726 Jan 14, 2013
Gd Afternoon All,

Doing a bit of catching up this am...

El,
So glad you checked out that documentary,
it is a one off.

Going back to the VICK ON THE FEET method(:
I'm almost certain that 'twas M04 in the olden
days who wrote
about it, either HERE on this thread..
or 'Dirty Nelly's thread' before
it's demise;

apparently the addition of
putting socks on over the application
of vick IS part of it;
helps with absorption or some such..

In any case veryone swears by this
old remedy, just shows,
a lot of 'old wives tales'

Cold here threat of snow,
but in all, NOT BAD.

Pleasant thoughts everyone.
have a worth of their own.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#21727 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
We lead a quiet life here...some would say almost boring, lol, but just wondering now if others have
entolling (is that the word)? on the merits of the sweet potato, and then went on to give me the recipe for a particular dish which calls for it, but other potatoes do not fit the bill. I politely said, that sounds nice, giving her the impression that I was going to make it, and so could not avoid putting sweet potatoes in my trolley.
I headed for the milk...she also has Soy milk, but as I reached out for my Alpro Original she told me that the store next door has their own brand...'and it's good' for half the price.
Not wanting to appear a spendthrift I thanked her for the advice (in Welsh) lol, and moved on, minus my milk.
The bottom line is, I came out without half the items on my list...I am left wondering if I look as though I need this kind of advice, having shopped under my own steam for a long long time.
I will forgive her though, as in recommending certain classes, she said they are for people of my age group...the OVER 50's. YEAH!
Since I do most of the shopping and over the age of 50, I find myself helping young families make smart purchases. Our local grocer has an area called managers special. You can find a roast with plenty of uses for less than 10 dollars, US. You cut it up for steaks, stew or kabobs! That is three meals, in three days. And in your veggies and stuff, feast on!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#21728 Jan 14, 2013
Sweet potato! Mashed, baked, or fried, yummy!
Great with a bit of brown sugar on the baked or mash.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21729 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I loved your story El :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21730 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
I like them and should eat more. I guess thanksgiving is the only time I eat them.

-- every day --

#21731 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Indeed, the sweet potato or the yam variety is so tasty baked or mashed, with brown sugar.

I've never had fried sweet potato that I recall. Sweet potato pie is not something I would choose over other pies; nope. I would pass by sweet potato pie.

-- every day --

#21732 Jan 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Oh there is a line isn't there ... from being helpful, to being overbearingly helpful?!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21733 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, the sweet potato or the yam variety is so tasty baked or mashed, with brown sugar.
I've never had fried sweet potato that I recall. Sweet potato pie is not something I would choose over other pies; nope. I would pass by sweet potato pie.
Lots of fast food places are selling sweet potato fries. They are great :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21734 Jan 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like action/suspense the SIGMA series by James Rollins is a page turner. One of my friends is related to the author
Good morning, Quinny ... yes, it seems most of the books Denny and I read are action/suspense ... so will put this suggestion on the list to read ... Thanks for being an enabler, LOL ... How was your weekend?... Mine was good ... full of football, reading, had a 6 hour seminar on Saturday that I got suckered into ... Didn't know it was to make me a consultant to a beauty line ... All I'm thinking about is the big discounts I'll be getting as a consultant, lol ... It's Monday ... Enjoy your day!{hugs} FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Katie 137,717
'Hoosier Hillbilly' or 'Barack Obama' Who'd Be... 10 min Grace Nerissa 16
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min Poop On Coupon 6,993
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 15 min Alias 54,596
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 16 min Flower-Child 17,357
A six word game (Dec '08) 16 min Shriveled 17,571
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 20 min Green Stain 9,073
I Like..... (Mar '14) 24 min The Paisan 317
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 32 min MAYOR DYSASTER 9
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min curiouslu 147,088
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 2 hr Pile Of Junk 6
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr JailBroke 1,051
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE