Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>I will not argue basic human rights. Check out our volunteer element at comfest.com .
I am a firm believer of rights! However, I truly draw the line at gay rights vs. Civil rights that blacks fought so hard for with gays on their coat tails.
Thanks for the website. I favorited it on my phone. Look forward to the 2013 schedule.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Alrighty! That is an interesting fact. Thanks for sharing that :)
Have I already begged forgiveness for my continued typos? My posting is done by the hunt & peck method with one finger.....on my phone!

* that would be symphony orchestra

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>You're assessment of Indiana is pretty much on the mark. Don't forget the horse track (or two) with betting.

Yeah, mostly "red", and Democrats often are of the conservative (and some darned prejudiced) variety; many moderate ones.

My dad was out of a rock-Republican mold with extended family of that stripe. He was moderately a "Roosevelt Democrat", a union man, and when I was a wee lad, JFK was his "hero" president. Dad was pretty prejudiced though. Later, I was aghast at his reaction to when George Wallace got shot. It was more emotional than when JFK was assassinated.

Yeah, that "red-lining" regarding blacks and residency vis-a-vis mortgages was a wide-spread practice in the northern cities.

But, I'll leave this be for now.

I am in the throng with you on human rights/civil rights: they are not "special rights".
But Indiana is dry on Sunday as far as alcohol sales go :)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Hey patrons of El' kitchen!!!

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I already begged forgiveness for my continued typos? My posting is done by the hunt & peck method with one finger.....on my phone!
* that would be symphony orchestra
Good evening Quinny. Not a problem. I remembered you're posting by phone, and from others posting by phone it seems the phone will by "artificial intelligence" substitute characters to create typos.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Indiana is dry on Sunday as far as alcohol sales go :)
Yes, for carry-out that is still true.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the website. I favorited it on my phone. Look forward to the 2013 schedule.
Thank you!
We look forward to personal discussions!
You rock!!
Glad I made the kitchen connection.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>You're assessment of Indiana is pretty much on the mark. Don't forget the horse track (or two) with betting.

Yeah, mostly "red", and Democrats often are of the conservative (and some darned prejudiced) variety; many moderate ones.

My dad was out of a rock-Republican mold with extended family of that stripe. He was moderately a "Roosevelt Democrat", a union man, and when I was a wee lad, JFK was his "hero" president. Dad was pretty prejudiced though. Later, I was aghast at his reaction to when George Wallace got shot. It was more emotional than when JFK was assassinated.

Yeah, that "red-lining" regarding blacks and residency vis-a-vis mortgages was a wide-spread practice in the northern cities.

But, I'll leave this be for now.

I am in the throng with you on human rights/civil rights: they are not "special rights".
DW, stay in touch for the El's Kitchen Spring Break, North American Tour. With a bit of luck we may ALL be able to enjoy a luncheon by skype or email. What fun!
Quinn, your thoughts. FC, you too.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
You rock!!
Glad you (and Mrs.) connected to the kitchen. By my reckoning, your connection was about September? Have you been posting with Quinny and/or Flower Child before that?

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Almost 9:00 PM EST -- time to view must-see TV: Downton Abbey

Chat with my sweetie-lady right after that and head to bed.

Golden slumbers Kitchen-eers 'til Monday morn.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Colorado Chick wrote:
Hey patrons of El' kitchen!!!
Howdy Chick! Hope the weekend went well and the week ahead even better.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Quinny. Not a problem. I remembered you're posting by phone, and from others posting by phone it seems the phone will by "artificial intelligence" substitute characters to create typos.
That too. It's been referred to as the Cupertino affect, Apple being based there (it's a 3GS --- works well with my processor).

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, for carry-out that is still true.
Years ago we went visit James Dean's grave and museum. The road trip home was The Great Indiana Cemetery Tour and some of my cohorts were upset they couldn't by beer.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!
You rock!!
Ditto that. I hope my email went through to Brighteyes. Once again issues with the phone since I had changed the email password.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>DW, stay in touch for the El's Kitchen Spring Break, North American Tour. With a bit of luck we may ALL be able to enjoy a luncheon by skype or email. What fun!
Quinn, your thoughts. FC, you too.
I figured Ft Wayne. Any weekend in April/May works. I was thinking May 17-18 or even Memorial Day weekend for an extra day. Thoughts anybody? FC need us to firm up plans for flight arrangements. We have no other immediate plans yet for anything in spring so it's all good here.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you (and Mrs.) connected to the kitchen. By my reckoning, your connection was about September? Have you been posting with Quinny and/or Flower Child before that?
September only came in when I asked about your daughter's wedding so you could join in the fun without conflict. Boomer suggested springtime which sounds like a good time if you have an opening. FC was gonna come in from Texas.

Could you work it?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Be it as an etiquette session in 4-H, or likely in Home Economics class in high school (nowadays it is called something else; back in the day the vast majority of students for "Home Ec" were girls but a smattering of boys would enroll too -- sometimes you just had to fill a scheuling hole when other courses weren't available):
Placement and orientation of utensils when finishing eating were taught. At local diner eateries, I am admittedly slack.
Somewhere in time, I did pick up the European use of fork and knife when cutting/eating. It's certainly more efficient!
i still have the pillow that i made in Home Ec class. lol
lil yellow but... lol

did i read u have a daughter that will be married soon? Congrats! when my D got married - at the end of the nite my hubby asked me why they never had the father/daughter dance, they did but it wasnt the "Daddy's little girl" song that my D chose but a Norah Jones song, he had NO idea. i felt SO bad for him, i knew she chose that song, but because it was Her "special" day, i didnt say anything about this orig song thats usually played and assumed she just wanted this song over that one. but turns out she didnt really know about that song and said she would have certainly used it. i felt so bad and to this day i regret not speaking up about it...
oh yeah, and IF u need reading glasses, make sure u dont forget them. my hubby forgot his and couldnt read the speach he wrote for her and being put on the spot like that he said he forgot some of the things he wanted to say.- poor thing..
:( lol
weddings can get a little stressful and crazy - have fun though!
:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

El - i remember when the Vicks vapor rub was mentioned before - dont remember who said it but i know i told my D about it when her D was sick and she tried it and said it seemed to work.

i remember as a kid my mom rubbing some on our chest when we were sick..
but actually, i didnt even know they still sold it. lol

Have a Great day Everyone!
:)

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Altrincham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, don't compare civil rights to gay rights! Everyone can see you are black; not everyone can see you are gay!
Good point. Then again, not always, there are folk in South Africa
who have the tiniest of the black gene, and on the surface are white,
but because of their dna were not encouraged, let's say, to marry
a white person. Not enitely sure how that stands these days.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Altrincham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest Cuz, it was assuredly long ago (3 years in Topix time is a very long time indeed!). And emphasizes that I'm been visiting your Kitchen since likely before Feb.'10, a significant piece of my time on Offbeat that goes back to Autumn '08.
"Time flies" :)
Are you in contact with Steve U.K.? He may have given a holiday greeting but I don't recall that. Hope all is great with him.
Your presence in this kitchen is awesome Cuz Luke...you bring us so much
knowledge and everyday stuff of interest also. My memory failed me on
Rick Steves I'm afraid. Can't store it all, lol.
Time does fly, you are so right.
I haven't heard a thing from SteveUK...more's the pity, indeed, hope all is well with him.
Enjoy Downton? Silly question I know, it's brilliantly done. Glad to see Dame Maggie Smith got an award last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,361 - 21,380 of33,447
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••