“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#21574 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
.......and does it give you carte blanche absolute rights or are there certain exceptions for the safety of the people?
Public safety < ---- > gun safety < ---- > public safety

The crux of the issues is exactly that; which includes what it takes to drastically reduce the number (and likelihood) of guns in the possession of criminals and deranged people as well as those who get "that tingly feeling down their leg" when playing with weapons unnecessary in defending themselves.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21575 Jan 12, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! Chatting about political events ALRRADY?? El..Watch a got basking in the oven?? Let me guess Popovers My favorite SIMPLE breakfast treat..
Think I'll LET the diehards talk their politics.. I'll gander over to the fire...and have a HOT cup of Hazelnut coffee... Morning All..
Good morning Chick. Pour me a cup please :) I hope the talk about politics doesn't bore you :)

-- every day --

#21576 Jan 12, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! Chatting about political events ALRRADY?? El..Watch a got basking in the oven?? Let me guess Popovers My favorite SIMPLE breakfast treat..
Think I'll LET the diehards talk their politics.. I'll gander over to the fire...and have a HOT cup of Hazelnut coffee... Morning All..
Good morning CC. Enjoy your coffee, and thanks for ALLOWING "us" to discuss whatever.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21577 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
and the National Guard of each state is relevant here too.
The national guard and the militia is addressed in title 10. The last time the militia was called up was at the start of WW2 when we thought Hawaii was going to be invaded. People were called to the beaches with their personal arms. The militia still exist. You are in the militia if you are between the ages of 18 and 45 or 65 if you have previous military experience. That is part of the reason we can have military type weapons that the common foot solider would be expected to have. You can't have a sawed off shotgun because the supreme court wrongly decided that a sawed off shotgun was not used by the military. The fact is that it was a common weapon in WW1 but no one argued before the court that it was. Another example on how guns look rather than how they function established laws.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21579 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Public safety < ---- > gun safety < ---- > public safety
The crux of the issues is exactly that; which includes what it takes to drastically reduce the number (and likelihood) of guns in the possession of criminals and deranged people as well as those who get "that tingly feeling down their leg" when playing with weapons unnecessary in defending themselves.
I think you are at the heart of the question. Guns are not going to just disappear. So it is a question of are you safer when only criminals have guns? I think our carry laws make us much safer. Very few people with a carry license have lost their license by using a gun in a crime. I feel like good people around me who are armed protect me from criminals. Crime rates have dropped as more people became lawfully armed. That is why nearly all states allow carry. Some states like New York just make it more difficult than others to get a license. In New York it can take a year or more. After a tragic mass shooting in Texas the law was written so that the state MUST give a license to anyone who was not a felon and had no history of mental illness. You go through a training course on law and you pass a shooting test to prove you know how to use a gun

-- every day --

#21578 Jan 12, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Would you be coming to the "spring do" ? I gather it's an open invitation for North Americans, even for those who think the Kitchen is boring, or think there is "legs" to discuss other things:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TD731E5...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...

Why even a separate thread created by same poster during the same time period to play -- subsequently deleted

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...

-- every day --

#21580 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are at the heart of the question. Guns are not going to just disappear. So it is a question of are you safer when only criminals have guns? I think our carry laws make us much safer. Very few people with a carry license have lost their license by using a gun in a crime. I feel like good people around me who are armed protect me from criminals. Crime rates have dropped as more people became lawfully armed. That is why nearly all states allow carry. Some states like New York just make it more difficult than others to get a license. In New York it can take a year or more. After a tragic mass shooting in Texas the law was written so that the state MUST give a license to anyone who was not a felon and had no history of mental illness. You go through a training course on law and you pass a shooting test to prove you know how to use a gun
The "tingly feeling" contingent I wrote about includes the NRA/gun maker lackeys. The other categories eliminate one of their excuses.

Tyrannical government "reasons" are just plain stupid.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21581 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The "tingly feeling" contingent I wrote about includes the NRA/gun maker lackeys. The other categories eliminate one of their excuses.
Tyrannical government "reasons" are just plain stupid.
But the 2nd amendment was all about the tyranny of government. It had nothing to do with hunting. An armed people are a free people.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21582 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml...
Folks in Virginia called 911 emergency that a lion was running the streets.......
it was a dog!
Sent from my iPhone
This is very funny! I now want one. Lions will be running the streets everywhere. LOL

-- every day --

#21583 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>But the 2nd amendment was all about the tyranny of government. It had nothing to do with hunting. An armed people are a free people.
Where did you read me referencing hunting?

Defense -- the colonists' environment, and Great Britain hanging around over the U.S.-Canadian border. That hostility wasn't ended officially until the peace treaty signed in 1814.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21584 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday too! Hello.
Hello to you DW. I have to go with your suggestion! Have a great weekend! The best to you and all in El's Kitchen, always.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21585 Jan 12, 2013
DW, we are still waiting for FC to check in before we make any hard plans. Apparently, she will be in the area for a wedding. Once her location has been verified, ROAD TRIP!
Maybe you could join us.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21586 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That looks great. Did you make the struedel yourself mighty Quinn :)
Ancient Chinese secret.....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21587 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to find my place where I last posted -- ran across this:

Knock on wood, the flu bug has missed me so far. It's everywhere, it's everywhere! Being diligent on hand-washing and being in a sparse-populated area is key, I think. There's always a chance though.

Hope you remain away from it, as well as everyone else here.
Stay healthy! Just this morning they were talking about how/why the flu can spread on the train. Glad I drive myself in car that has my own germs.....and some puppy potpourri (dog hair).

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21588 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Happy and fun Saturday to ya,{{{ FC }}} <3 :)

I haven't seen a whole pile of Cruise films but I remember that both he and Hoffman were great in 'Rainman'-- simply great movie.
As an aside they've been showing "Scent of a Woman" again with Al Pacino & Chris O'Donnell. Pacino is brilliant !

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21589 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Now Quinn you know I see it just the opposite way :) The house has sent a budget to the senate for the last 3 years and the Democrat controlled Senate has not done a budget in 3 years. They have failed to follow the constitution :) More strudle please
Does that coffee need to be topped off?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21591 Jan 12, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello to you DW. I have to go with your suggestion! Have a great weekend! The best to you and all in El's Kitchen, always.
Hi Brighteyes. We had a big ran sweep through here an hour ago :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21592 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Chinese secret.....
Do I eat it with chop sticks ? You would enjoy wathing the Brits eat. I don't know how they do it but they eat on the back of the fork. The way we eat would be called scooping and be bad form :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21593 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that coffee need to be topped off?
Just a warm up please :)I just finished watching The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo . There are 2 more books I wish they would make into movies

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21594 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got an EU that the politicians not the people want; Americans keep electing a congress filled with Republicans who have made it their mission not to work with the Democrats or the President so nothing gets done and average people get stuck.
I expect it wouldn't suit all if the President actually made a success of his term in office. The interests of the people seem to be the last consideration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral home offers drive-thru service 10 min strange 2
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 11 min Vector aka Victor... 137,679
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Kid_Tomorrow 146,898
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 14 min Trouser Cough 40,244
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 15 min ---Word Woman--- 16
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 23 min Gofigger 3,305
What Could Be The Deal,...? 24 min ---Word Woman--- 15
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 1 hr Parden Pard 5
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Fannie Flagg 5,545
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 3 hr wichita-rick 5