“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21554 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got an EU that the politicians not the people want; Americans keep electing a congress filled with Republicans who have made it their mission not to work with the Democrats or the President so nothing gets done and average people get stuck.
LOL Now Quinn you know I see it just the opposite way :) The house has sent a budget to the senate for the last 3 years and the Democrat controlled Senate has not done a budget in 3 years. They have failed to follow the constitution :) More strudle please

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21555 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas is apparently special. The rest if the country has a tad more sense and is a tad more civil. As tally pointed out, which El and I agreed, deadly force is not is not always morally or legally justifiable in spite of what you can do in Texas.
There is a big difference between the south and the north. We are really two different nations

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#21556 Jan 12, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Morning ER and all other patrons of this thread. A quick fly-by to say hi and bye - will be absent for 10 days whilst I indulge myself in the joys of skiing in Austria. The bonus is that this weekend is the Ladies Downhill in St Anton: have watched shedloads on the box, but never seen one for real in all my trips, so really looking forward to it.
See y'all on my return.
Auf << however you spell it >> looking forward to a story about your Austrian fun upon your return!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21557 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn I wish you knew more about guns. I mean that and am not trying to be smart with you about that. The size or length of a gun doesn't really matter much. The assault rifle just looks bad. What it does isn't much different than a Henry rifle made in 1875. I have a target rifle in .22 caliber. It is a rim fire and basically the first gun a kid would get. There are all kind of add on I could buy and put on the rifle. Things like an extended magazine and flash suppressor. After all this was added it would look like an AR15 but it is still just a plinker .22. Banning guns by the way they look makes no sense
Sadly, I know enough. At the end of the day they were and are designed and manufactured for one singular purpose and one purpose only and that is to kill.

When the forefathers drafted the constitution no one was using guns for target practice, they were either killing animals for food or killing each other over land and wars.

Personally, I do not need you or anyone else to 'protect' me. That's what the professional police are for. An overzealous armed citizenry solves nothing. Two words: Trayvon Martin.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21558 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good Saturday morn and afternoon Kitchen-eers! Projects and chores have been the order of the week pretty much.

This middle-earth Indiana area has enjoyed a "spate of spring-time" but tonight is the end and tomorrow is back to normal. That should nip the budding of the flora and keep the crocuses at bay.

Good weekend looming; big-league football playoffs both days and Downton Abbey Sunday evening.:)
We had that spate this week. I never know how heavy a cost I need.

informs against BS

#21559 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning ALL...
Today is the last day of work on the chalet (avatar)
we re-roofed it yesterday, some finishing touches to
be made today and that's it. Checked the roof this
morning after the heavy deluge overnight..and it's
SOUND. Not the best way to spend one's days but we
are almost there, then back to normal.
Have you fixed a meeting place as yet Boomer, Quincy
et al? It's most exciting...I met one of our offbeat
friends two years ago, he and his wife came to stay
nearby, lovely people...
Have a great day and hope your weather is kind as it is here.
{{{ Cuz Eleanor }}}

Thanks for sharing the picture of your finished (?}-- I HOPE :)-- chalet. It's lovely. I followed your posts about it. I didn't realize your prior posting of the leak you and Mr. P worked on wasn't the finishing.

Glad to read that Mr. P was back to par, and most impressed you all were out there in Welsh clime in January for the work; most hardy stock you Brits :)

informs against BS

#21560 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Boomer! Good to see ya. It's a go. The more the merrier.
Do you catch Rick Steves? I meant to mention to El he was touring Wales and I was thinking of her. I should backtrack he has a travel program on public television and visits many places in Europe. Curious if the BBC carries it.
I am always intrigued, entertained, and informed by Rick Steves. Rudy Maxa is another European travel show I enjoy. BTW, the Rick Steves episodes shown in my area are "recycled" from circa 2006 or so, but still very enjoyable.

This triggered a posting memory. Google is our friend.:)

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...

and through #1109

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21561 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I know enough. At the end of the day they were and are designed and manufactured for one singular purpose and one purpose only and that is to kill.
When the forefathers drafted the constitution no one was using guns for target practice, they were either killing animals for food or killing each other over land and wars.
Personally, I do not need you or anyone else to 'protect' me. That's what the professional police are for. An overzealous armed citizenry solves nothing. Two words: Trayvon Martin.
Quinn the police don't protect you. They just put the tape down around the body. Trayvon Martin is an excellent example. He was the attacker and the courts didn't go after the man who defended his life

informs against BS

#21562 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear something to that effect, yes. I just don't 'get' where your
President could possibly abuse his power by attempting to right a
wrong...would you admire him more if he ignored the issue, I don't
think so Denny. Another shooting at a school in California...
why should people risk their lives in situations like this when by
banning guns per se, it would eliminate the temptation for clowns such as this to go on the rampage?
Every President of the U.S. has the power of Executive Orders of administration as do each state's Governor. The previous U.S. President G.W. Bush issued almost 300 of them.

It is a valid power within the Presidents and Governors authority until deemed otherwise by the appropriate level of our higher state and federal courts.

informs against BS

#21563 Jan 12, 2013
PFfff wrote:
TGIF
:)
TGI ...Saturday!!:)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21564 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am always intrigued, entertained, and informed by Rick Steves. Rudy Maxa is another European travel show I enjoy. BTW, the Rick Steves episodes shown in my area are "recycled" from circa 2006 or so, but still very enjoyable.
This triggered a posting memory. Google is our friend.:)
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
and through #1109
Rick is great and travels so light :) How do you get a job like that?

informs against BS

#21565 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say a carpenter exactly Quincy, lol, but yesterday I
got to use the chain saw AND the big drill...:) I never want to
see either again!
Good show, that!

Can't help remembering snippets of a song I've heard somewhere in time:

"first time for everything,

my ears still ring.

Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug" :)

[Roger Miller]

and glad you didn't get nicked up!!!

informs against BS

#21566 Jan 12, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
Good Afternoon Lady Eleanor...
Sounds like the weather there is much like the weather here... It stormed all night but the sun is shining now and for the moment it's not to bead.. We might hit 70 degrees today... WEIRD very very WEIRD for January 11th...
;o)
I hope that this will be a great day for you and P and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourself..
I am going to be moving furniture.. Not what I really want to do but I have a new livingroom set coming next week.. So I want to get the old set out and gone... I'm keeping My Recliner.. but the couch and the other recliner are gonna be given away.. The couch is going to be the real bear though as it is a hide-a-bed... and that sucker is really heavy.
Sending you and yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Save your back and charm some muscle to help!:)

informs against BS

#21567 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... LOL..
That's the strangest thing when I saw
you say 'weird for 11 Jan' I know you meant
the weather, but all earlier I kept saying to myself
'there's something odd about today's date' lol!
telepathy,
Hoping you are well..
When you mentioned recliner I thought how right
you should keep yours,
I just got a new one from Santa(:
it also has a built in massage thingy.
V E R Y nice.. I must say..
Hope the coming year has sweet things in store for
YOU, WBR.
Good Saturday afternoon {{{ Cuz Grace }}}

I'm starting to feel deprived ... as yet to have indulged in the honored recliner chair for home comfort. I get by lazing about stretched out on the couch/sofa -- I remember back in the day when some folk called it a davenport. Have no idea about the origin of term for that furniture.

informs against BS

#21568 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Do the rest of the kitchen military vets find it necessary to walk around carrying guns ? Tally? Boomer? Anyone???? I know Tony isn't in to comment but I think he's a vet. Franko???
What are your thoughts?
As an "anyone" veteran, I can chime in with ... no, it's not necessary for me.

Of course that's contextual -- in wilderness bear country, the .357 that Boomer wrote about is prudent, though one should go above and beyond to practice the other methods of bear attack avoidance.

If having to make regular night deposits of cash, that might be a factor.

I don't have much need to be in, and certainly not linger, in high crime areas and likely "drug factories", whether rural or residential.

informs against BS

#21569 Jan 12, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello to all in the kitchen. Grace maybe you should put on a pot of tea so that we all might come to take part in your massage thingy. LOL It sounds like a very relaxing thing to do on a great Friday.
Saturday too! Hello.

informs against BS

#21570 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
TKY tally. I kind of thought the police force and standing military made the whole militia thing a moot point.
and the National Guard of each state is relevant here too.

informs against BS

#21571 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, another "stand your ground" in Florida case to fire it all up, and I'm surprised it isn't an Offbeat thread to chew around like 'Martin & Zimmerman" was.

In a convenience store (I think) parking lot, the accused "tough guy" ordered a car load of young guys to turn down their music. The young'uns smarted off and the accused claims he saw a shotgun in the car. He fired at them and one was killed.

As with Zimmerman, truly a law of unintended consequences. Former governor Jeb Bush (who signed it into statute) has publicly stated that "stand your ground" wasn't meant as a defense for this crap.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#21572 Jan 12, 2013
OMG!! Chatting about political events ALRRADY?? El..Watch a got basking in the oven?? Let me guess Popovers My favorite SIMPLE breakfast treat..
Think I'll LET the diehards talk their politics.. I'll gander over to the fire...and have a HOT cup of Hazelnut coffee... Morning All..

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21573 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, another "stand your ground" in Florida case to fire it all up, and I'm surprised it isn't an Offbeat thread to chew around like 'Martin & Zimmerman" was.
In a convenience store (I think) parking lot, the accused "tough guy" ordered a car load of young guys to turn down their music. The young'uns smarted off and the accused claims he saw a shotgun in the car. He fired at them and one was killed.
As with Zimmerman, truly a law of unintended consequences. Former governor Jeb Bush (who signed it into statute) has publicly stated that "stand your ground" wasn't meant as a defense for this crap.
I do love this kitchen were friends can discuss their different views. My best friends are people who hold different views than mine. I don't think it is a Republican Democrat thing. At one time the Democrats were just as conservative as the Republicans. Then it was more a position of class I believe. I am not really a Republican although I vote that way. I am a very conservative libertarian. I don't like or trust government even when Republicans are in control. I am liberal when it comes to social question. I want the government to stay out of my business. As long as no one is harmed I don't care what people do in their private life. We all are a product of our history from long ago. The civil war was the great divide. The south could not vote Republican because Lincoln was a Republican. I guess you could say the civil war ended when the south went republican because the Democrats had become so liberal. The North trust the government more than the South to this day. The entire history of the UK has had a strong central government in a King but over time the king became a figure head and power went to the peoples representatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 3 min Princess Hey 7,396
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 3 min andet1987 256
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 5 min andet1987 222
Word Association (Mar '10) 10 min andet1987 16,183
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Aura Mytha 132,588
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 14 min andet1987 1,584
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min _hellbilly_ 152,476
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min A Noted Ferrerman 25,678
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 28 min _hellbilly_ 280
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Sarah 568
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr Sarah 131
More from around the web