“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21534 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
I say that as until now, Obama has been whiter than white in my eyes..
tsk tsk remember he [seated president] has roots to the realm: Barack Hussein Obama (Senator Obama's father) was born on the shores of Lake Victoria in Alego, Kenya. He met and married an American woman

smirking here ... he could have been the very 1st black/brit
PM if he chosen .. but alas he came to US

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21535 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A phrase from childhood memorey...'whiter than white' to denote everything pure....
Proof that our non-racist guardians unwittingly brought us up to be racists!
Now when did this thread turn into Controversial Subjects?
Recipes anyone?!......:)
Yes, we have that saying here too.
Good am El.. well almost noon.
Wintery but ok.

I agree, and there's no excuse EITHER(; as
I have a thread called

'CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECTS'

[must chase it up now that I
think of it]
only it hasn't the magic touch that

EL's KITCHEN has(:

However here's a lovely gentle tasty
Irish dish, I have it without meat,
but ham or bacon [optional] work well with it:

http://britishfood.about.com/od/recipeindex/r...

Greetings to all on the thread.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21536 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you can get a plane with one even with a permit.
* get on a plane

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21537 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
If the US doesn't want other heads of state chiming in and telling 'us' how to run our business so what makes the US politicians think they can go in and tell other heads of state how to run their countries? I think it hubris quite frankly.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21538 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>A phrase from childhood memorey...'whiter than white' to denote everything pure....
Proof that our non-racist guardians unwittingly brought us up to be racists!
Now when did this thread turn into Controversial Subjects?
Recipes anyone?!......:)
Bringing in the apple struedel and coffee....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21539 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>please realize that you can't just shoot someone , because they are in your home , or you have a confrontation...

immediate danger of life is a stipulation.... a 14 year old with a flashlight isn't a immediate threat of life
I'm in agreement. El's point was the lady whose intruder just took some items including food while Denny suggested shooting anyone that came into the house.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21540 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>realize time period this was composed , and finally ratified
becoming the law of the land.......

indians alone were still in our backyard , not to mention ..

Spanish/British/French .... mama/poppa bear etc etc
You mean the white man was still taking over the Indians land.......

The constitution is and should be static and changing with the times. Nothing is the same today as it was 250 years ago.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21541 Jan 12, 2013
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml...

Folks in Virginia called 911 emergency that a lion was running the streets.......

it was a dog!

Sent from my iPhone

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21542 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting someone breaking for in your home is not valid self defense if he has no weapon. Go ahead an try it and see if you're acquitted. Deadly force is when the assailant is armed so no, if that happens in the US and the lady shot him dead she would be convicted.
Maybe in Illinois but not in Texas. You can defend your home and property with deadly force. Also at night you can shoot someone on your property. La has a similar law. A tourist from England went in someones back yard at night to pee and he was shot. If someone is crazy enough to break in my house I assume my life is at risk. We just had a break in yesterday where 911 was called as the woman and kids hid in the house. He opened the door where they were and she shot him 6 times. All was recorded on the phone

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21543 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't use Uzis and AK 47s in the Olympics.
My friend came back from tours in Iraq and Afghanistan ----- showed us pictures and in one he is holding a gun more than half the length of his body...... he is over 6 feet tall. THAT kind of weapon does not belong on the streets and in the neighborhoods anywhere. There is no legitimate reason for it.
Quinn I wish you knew more about guns. I mean that and am not trying to be smart with you about that. The size or length of a gun doesn't really matter much. The assault rifle just looks bad. What it does isn't much different than a Henry rifle made in 1875. I have a target rifle in .22 caliber. It is a rim fire and basically the first gun a kid would get. There are all kind of add on I could buy and put on the rifle. Things like an extended magazine and flash suppressor. After all this was added it would look like an AR15 but it is still just a plinker .22. Banning guns by the way they look makes no sense

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#21544 Jan 12, 2013
Good Saturday morn and afternoon Kitchen-eers! Projects and chores have been the order of the week pretty much.

This middle-earth Indiana area has enjoyed a "spate of spring-time" but tonight is the end and tomorrow is back to normal. That should nip the budding of the flora and keep the crocuses at bay.

Good weekend looming; big-league football playoffs both days and Downton Abbey Sunday evening.:)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21545 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing in the apple struedel and coffee....
That looks great. Did you make the struedel yourself mighty Quinn :)

-- every day --

#21546 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Heavens! It was 40 degrees and spring like balmy here today and supposed to reach 60 by the weekend. Most definitely not January weather in Chicago.
No wonder the flu is running rampant here.
Trying to find my place where I last posted -- ran across this:

Knock on wood, the flu bug has missed me so far. It's everywhere, it's everywhere! Being diligent on hand-washing and being in a sparse-populated area is key, I think. There's always a chance though.

Hope you remain away from it, as well as everyone else here.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21547 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
please realize that you can't just shoot someone , because they are in your home , or you have a confrontation...
immediate danger of life is a stipulation.... a 14 year old with a flashlight isn't a immediate threat of life
Tally I know you were a judge but not in Texas. Not only can you defend your home but you can defend your neighbors home. We had a case all recorded on 911 call. Two men had a crowbar and broke into a home. The neighbor called 911 and got his shot gun. They robbed the home and exited with the crow bar in hand.(A deadly weapon) The guy shot both robbers and was no billed. Now if he had been in Mass. that would be different but he was in Texas.If you murder someone in Texas you will probably be executed. Not the same in New York you will be out and back on the streets in a few years

-- every day --

#21548 Jan 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Deer Luke ... I would venture to say there will be more Jack Reacher films and Cruise will continue to play the role ... IDK of any ownership/partnership in film group or any of that jazz but I will say, much to my chagrin, Cruise did the writer, Lee Child and the character Jack Reacher, justice ... He made it work and I really don't like Tom Cruise ... Apparently, I've missed a lot of Cruise's alleged "good" movies due to my dislike of him ... maybe I need to re-consider watching some of his old films ...
Please give my regards to Paula and yall have a very fine day ...{hugs} FC <3 ...
Happy and fun Saturday to ya,{{{ FC }}} <3 :)

I haven't seen a whole pile of Cruise films but I remember that both he and Hoffman were great in 'Rainman'-- simply great movie.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21549 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
You've got an EU that the politicians not the people want; Americans keep electing a congress filled with Republicans who have made it their mission not to work with the Democrats or the President so nothing gets done and average people get stuck.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21550 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the white man was still taking over the Indians land.......
The constitution is and should be static and changing with the times. Nothing is the same today as it was 250 years ago.
Principles should be unchanging. The way you change the constitution is by amendment. Not by a court. If the constitution changes with popular opinion of the day it means nothing :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21551 Jan 12, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe in Illinois but not in Texas. You can defend your home and property with deadly force. Also at night you can shoot someone on your property. La has a similar law. A tourist from England went in someones back yard at night to pee and he was shot. If someone is crazy enough to break in my house I assume my life is at risk. We just had a break in yesterday where 911 was called as the woman and kids hid in the house. He opened the door where they were and she shot him 6 times. All was recorded on the phone
Texas is apparently special. The rest if the country has a tad more sense and is a tad more civil. As tally pointed out, which El and I agreed, deadly force is not is not always morally or legally justifiable in spite of what you can do in Texas.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21552 Jan 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good Saturday morn and afternoon Kitchen-eers! Projects and chores have been the order of the week pretty much.
This middle-earth Indiana area has enjoyed a "spate of spring-time" but tonight is the end and tomorrow is back to normal. That should nip the budding of the flora and keep the crocuses at bay.
Good weekend looming; big-league football playoffs both days and Downton Abbey Sunday evening.:)
Have a great weekend my friend :)

-- every day --

#21553 Jan 12, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi Tony... I have always thought that the Chinese Zodiac was pretty neat... I was born under the sign of the Monkey...
Here's a link...
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0002076.html
About our posts the other night..
Paoli Peaks ski resort is very very small in comparison to all the others on the planet...hahahahahaha
Just goes to show what a bored Hoosier will get up to when they have land and a desire to ski...
There are some big resorts here in the US though..
Here's a link for that too...
:o)
http://www.skiresortguide.com/
OK I've goofed off enough.. I need to get to bed.. I hope that you will have a great day... Congratulations on your good fortune...
@}-'--,---
Howdy "neighbor" WBRose!

Ah, memories of my sole experience on the ski slopes -- Paoli Peaks. Yeah, pretty tame and small, but after all ...

... there are no mountains in Indiana.

And I never graduated from the bunny slope.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min SimplyLoveYou 145,226
What's your tip for the day? 6 min SLY WEST 807
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min wondering 115,228
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 9 min Just TLC 28,500
Pair Took Selfie With Dead Friend, Dumped Body:... 12 min SLY WEST 4
Songs with the Word "Love" in the Title (Nov '11) 52 min --IslandGurL-- 297
If you could have anything to eat right now, Wh... 1 hr SLY WEST 80
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 5 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 366
•••