El's Kitchen

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21520 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting Quinn :) Hey I just saw Zero Dark Thirty. A very good flic.
When did I say I thought it did?

Haven't been able to catch those we wanted to see.....Les Miserables for one.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21521 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Defending himself against what? Someone nicking a few possessions?
Not worth a life Denny, at least not in my book.
My late mother-in-law's home was broken into years ago, the young
burglar took some food and a few pounds which were lying near the
telephone...you think my mother-in-law should have shot him dead
if she had been home?
He was an opportunist....hungry that's all.
No pun intended but haven't we all beaten this poor dead horse over and over enough already.

Denny wants no gun control and some want more gun control and never the two shall meet. A meeting of the minds is impossible.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21522 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I put your question to my husband...ex Royal Artillery.
His answer was he could not understand anybody having the
need to own or carry a weapon.
Several in my family were in Viet nam and none of them want in their homes let alone in their pockets when going for a walk.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21523 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>You must feel naked when you visit England. How would you
cope here if you were to run into a robbery? Just wondering.
I don't think you can get a plane with one even with a permit.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21524 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>She was very lucky she wasn't harmed. I would shoot anyone breaking in my home. I would assume he was armed and my life was at risk. Our two countries see things very differently. Self defense is a right here. Here criminals all have guns and are much more likely to kill the witness
Shooting someone breaking for in your home is not valid self defense if he has no weapon. Go ahead an try it and see if you're acquitted. Deadly force is when the assailant is armed so no, if that happens in the US and the lady shot him dead she would be convicted.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21525 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what Denny. I think your country is running scared.
It is a mistake to ASSUME. Assumptions cost lives.
I agree with you. And many Americans do as well. The problem is the gun manufacturing industry partnered with the NRA and the politicians lack balls and a backbone. They are money interested in money than the safety of the American people. More guns in more places is not the answer. It's not even close to the answer.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21526 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I remember years ago when someone in the UK stabbed a bunch of school children. The thing I hate are the emotional reactionary laws that are passed. We had a case of someone driving his car into a bunch of people and killing and injure several people. You didn't see a rush to ban cars. People say why do you need a 30 round magazine. Well why do you need a car that will go over 100 ? I am not a fan of big mags but it does no good to restrict them. A gun with a 10 round mag is no more deadly than a gun with a 10 round mag. All this uproar has resulted in a huge run on gun store . The prices have doubled. The shelve are empty. Some store are completely out of ammo. I bought a bolt action .223 target rifle because the ammo is cheap and you can't find any. Back ordered! My interest in guns is not how many rounds I can fire fast. I am a target shooter and interested in perfection of putting each round through the same hole
It never made sense to me that the speedometer goes that high. There's no Audubon in the US so where can you legally drive that fast ?

“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#21527 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. And many Americans do as well. The problem is the gun manufacturing industry partnered with the NRA and the politicians lack balls and a backbone. They are money interested in money than the safety of the American people. More guns in more places is not the answer. It's not even close to the answer.
We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
I say that as until now, Obama has been whiter than white in my eyes..

“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#21528 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It never made sense to me that the speedometer goes that high. There's no Audubon in the US so where can you legally drive that fast ?
It is so ridiculous to sell cars which are capable of these speeds. The maximum speed here is 70 mph on the motorway...
It is mostly footballers over here who have cars of this capability
being on such high salaries. Money is no object.

“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#21529 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
I say that as until now, Obama has been whiter than white in my eyes..
A phrase from childhood memorey...'whiter than white' to denote everything pure....
Proof that our non-racist guardians unwittingly brought us up to be racists!
Now when did this thread turn into Controversial Subjects?
Recipes anyone?!......:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21530 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
.......and does it give you carte blanche absolute rights or are there certain exceptions for the safety of the people?
please realize that you can't just shoot someone , because they are in your home , or you have a confrontation...

immediate danger of life is a stipulation.... a 14 year old with a flashlight isn't a immediate threat of life

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21531 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
TKY tally. I kind of thought the police force and standing military made the whole militia thing a moot point.
realize time period this was composed , and finally ratified
becoming the law of the land.......

indians alone were still in our backyard , not to mention ..

Spanish/British/French .... mama/poppa bear etc etc

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21532 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. And many Americans do as well. The problem is the gun manufacturing industry partnered with the NRA and the politicians lack balls and a backbone. They are money interested in money than the safety of the American people. More guns in more places is not the answer. It's not even close to the answer.
the federal government does lack they at the present can not , gun control/permits/issue is a state right....
each state has its own code ....

in Texas a wine tasting party of a 100 people heard a champagne cork go POP and 94 % ducked and drew their guns ... Denny home

Denny is under the impression that the Government wants to seize guns .... not the case we like for Lincoln to have a gun instead of a Booth have one

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21533 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It never made sense to me that the speedometer goes that high. There's no Audubon in the US so where can you legally drive that fast ?
the auto engine will operate better at 50 than a 100 but for that to happen you need an engine that can do a 100..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21534 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
I say that as until now, Obama has been whiter than white in my eyes..
tsk tsk remember he [seated president] has roots to the realm: Barack Hussein Obama (Senator Obama's father) was born on the shores of Lake Victoria in Alego, Kenya. He met and married an American woman

smirking here ... he could have been the very 1st black/brit
PM if he chosen .. but alas he came to US

“June rose”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#21535 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A phrase from childhood memorey...'whiter than white' to denote everything pure....
Proof that our non-racist guardians unwittingly brought us up to be racists!
Now when did this thread turn into Controversial Subjects?
Recipes anyone?!......:)
Yes, we have that saying here too.
Good am El.. well almost noon.
Wintery but ok.

I agree, and there's no excuse EITHER(; as
I have a thread called

'CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECTS'

[must chase it up now that I
think of it]
only it hasn't the magic touch that

EL's KITCHEN has(:

However here's a lovely gentle tasty
Irish dish, I have it without meat,
but ham or bacon [optional] work well with it:

http://britishfood.about.com/od/recipeindex/r...

Greetings to all on the thread.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21536 Jan 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you can get a plane with one even with a permit.
* get on a plane

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21537 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>We are ALL running scared Quincy. Decisions are taken out of our
hands,'we' being the average citizen. It seems to be all about money, not ethics.
And now we have the European Union here which has been forced upon us. The majority in the UK want out, but no referendum is forthcoming. Our heads of State are at cross purposes, meanwhile
the President of the United States has chipped in our affairs by declaring it would be a mistake to leave. We are not happy about the intrusion.
I say that as until now, Obama has been whiter than white in my eyes..
If the US doesn't want other heads of state chiming in and telling 'us' how to run our business so what makes the US politicians think they can go in and tell other heads of state how to run their countries? I think it hubris quite frankly.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21538 Jan 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>A phrase from childhood memorey...'whiter than white' to denote everything pure....
Proof that our non-racist guardians unwittingly brought us up to be racists!
Now when did this thread turn into Controversial Subjects?
Recipes anyone?!......:)
Bringing in the apple struedel and coffee....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21539 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>please realize that you can't just shoot someone , because they are in your home , or you have a confrontation...

immediate danger of life is a stipulation.... a 14 year old with a flashlight isn't a immediate threat of life
I'm in agreement. El's point was the lady whose intruder just took some items including food while Denny suggested shooting anyone that came into the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 4 min andet1987 3,146
News Weird machine enables a dog to pet its owner 4 min Dr Wu 3
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min KNIGHT DeVINE 18,006
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min SweLL GirL 145,407
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min DanFromSmithville 199,228
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,192
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 18 min andet1987 27,411
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 31 min Crystal_Clear722 7,188
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min Northbound 192,772
True False Game (Jun '11) 43 min andet1987 12,387
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 hr Cyan in CA 7,420
More from around the web