“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21451 Jan 11, 2013
good morn... Lady EL/Madame Gracie/ Ladies &Gents of the realm/ Kit Krue ....

see what the media can do , another school shooting , thank god , the elders were very very lucky here

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21452 Jan 11, 2013
TGIF

:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21453 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
TOO TRUE(:
That pillow is amazing!
I have tried different normal pillows
[as I have a bit of arthritis in my neck]
and noone!! worked only this MF one,
I'm delighted with it..
El
DELIGHTED you got so much done with
the chalet.. GOOD for you..& company.
i would have thought a pillow like that would feel too soft. i know those mattress feel like ur sinking in. i have a mattress thats kinda the soft pillow top one and it makes me feel hot in the summer time, like its surrounding my body.

or maybe that the ol man again. LOL

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21454 Jan 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know can call yourself a carpenter El! Here's to long summer days and warm nights dozing in the Chalet.
I wouldn't say a carpenter exactly Quincy, lol, but yesterday I
got to use the chain saw AND the big drill...:) I never want to
see either again!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#21455 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
TOO TRUE(:
That pillow is amazing!
I'm delighted with it..
El
It makes all the difference to a good night's sleep Grace,
I wouldn't be without mine.
From the description I gave of the chalet (two sheds rolled
into one) it sounded a real Red Neck job...no disrespect to
Red Necks..so thought I would put a pic on.... Almost finished
TTL.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#21456 Jan 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
good morn... Lady EL/Madame Gracie/ Ladies &Gents of the realm/ Kit Krue ....
see what the media can do , another school shooting , thank god , the elders were very very lucky here
'Morning Sir Tally...
my meaning in earlier post, they should not have been in that position...
it's a terrible thing when we think it was a good thing only one died.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#21457 Jan 11, 2013
PFfff wrote:
TGIF
I couldn't agree more. Roll on weekend.
Supposed to have snow tomorrow....:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21458 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Sir Tally...
my meaning in earlier post, they should not have been in that position...
it's a terrible thing when we think it was a good thing only one died.
Lady El , I went to school for three reasons

1] it was law
2] I needed an education
3] Italian MOM with a wooden spoon that stirred other things beside sauce

the best part no guns/sentries just a bully here and there

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21459 Jan 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you & Brighteyes really sure you want to meet me live & in person?? As you can tell I'm highly opinionated and speak my mind.
That is what makes you interesting!
Hello kitcheneers.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21460 Jan 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok mr debate king......what makes you and the NRA think you're so special you're above the law and the 2nd amendment gives you carte Blanche to amass an arsenal?
Every amendment has its exception and the second amendment is no different. The first amendment guarantees freedom of speech but you can't use it as cover to yell "fire" in a crowded theater and cause a panic; the KKK cannot use speech to incite riots and cause harm; and bullies cannot use the first amendment to harass people to the point of suicide.
So the first amendment right to freedom of speech is not ironclad.
I forget the # but that amendment barring unreasonable search & seizure, there's a loophole called exigent circumstances. Police can come busting down your door without a warrant when the circumstances call for it.....and isn't a darn thing you can do about it.
So why shouldn't there be exceptions to the right to bear arms? Public safety and security is more important than your right to amass an arsenal of high caliber weapons. And I know many retired servicemen who don't own guns and don't believe retired servicemen need to carry guns.
No constitutional rights are absolute. If you think they are you're sadly mistaken.
My friend there are exceptions to the 2nd already. If you are a felon you have lost your right to own a gun. I believe in strong enforcement of this law and extra prison time if you use a gun in a crime. The problem isn't guns it is guns in the hands of criminals. The only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. My real point was more to the question of do you trust your government? I don't have much trust at all

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21461 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear something to that effect, yes. I just don't 'get' where your
President could possibly abuse his power by attempting to right a
wrong...would you admire him more if he ignored the issue, I don't
think so Denny. Another shooting at a school in California...
why should people risk their lives in situations like this when by
banning guns per se, it would eliminate the temptation for clowns such as this to go on the rampage?
El our governments are so different. It is not the job of the federal government to be involved with a tragic shooting. This is a issue for the state. We have a congress to make laws and a supreme court to make sure laws that are passed do not violate rights under our constitution. Many more people die in cars should they be banned? The reason we have the guarantee of the right to own guns is not about hunting. It is about the right of an armed people to stop government from tyranny. Our founders feared a to powerful government. Most dictatorships want an unarmed people

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21462 Jan 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You go right ahead and roll over and pull those blankets up Grace. Some days it just has to be done.
I always wondered about the memory foam pillow. I used to stock them when I worked in a department store.
Do old memory foam pillows forget as they age:)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21463 Jan 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear something to that effect, yes. I just don't 'get' where your
President could possibly abuse his power by attempting to right a
wrong...would you admire him more if he ignored the issue, I don't
think so Denny. Another shooting at a school in California...
why should people risk their lives in situations like this when by
banning guns per se, it would eliminate the temptation for clowns such as this to go on the rampage?
Also El we are shocked when we see cases where a person in England shoots someone breaking in his home and goes to prison for defending his self

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21464 Jan 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I take exception when some Americans use Constitutional amendments as the be all and all to do things. And your 'rights' stop at the tip your nose and do not get to infringe on mine.
Yesterday, Someone broke into an office in Chicago with an Uzi. Fortunately it jammed and the police were able to confiscate it. Our chief of police used it as an example and said "you don't use an Uzi to hunt deer or kill squirrels"
So why are Denny and the NRA and the Republicans so vehemently opposed to ANY gun control/bans?
You seem afraid of names. An Uzi is just a semi auto gun. It works no different than a Colt or a Smith&Wesson. You are more concerned about the way a gun looks rather than how it works. You don't use many pistols to hunt deer but the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. You live in a state that has very strict gun laws yet Chicago had 500 murders last year. I think if you had more citizens with carry permits you would have fewer murders. And lets use the same silly argument the vice president used. If we could save one life by arming more people wouldn't it be worth it. Since 1992 gun ownership has risen by more than a third and the murder rate and crime rate is down 49%. More responsible people being armed lowers crime rates

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21465 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
TOO TRUE(:
That pillow is amazing!
I'm delighted with it..
El
Good morning Grace. Have a wonderful day

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21466 Jan 11, 2013
PFfff wrote:
TGIF
Good morning PF I am going to see zero dark thirty today :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#21467 Jan 11, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what makes you interesting!
Hello kitcheneers.
I agree Boomer. The mighty Quinn has always been a favorite of mine :)I can't b;ame her for being a liberal coming from the state she lives in :)

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#21468 Jan 11, 2013
Good Afternoon Lady Eleanor...
Sounds like the weather there is much like the weather here... It stormed all night but the sun is shining now and for the moment it's not to bead.. We might hit 70 degrees today... WEIRD very very WEIRD for January 11th...
;o)
I hope that this will be a great day for you and P and that no matter what you do you will have fun and enjoy yourself..
I am going to be moving furniture.. Not what I really want to do but I have a new livingroom set coming next week.. So I want to get the old set out and gone... I'm keeping My Recliner.. but the couch and the other recliner are gonna be given away.. The couch is going to be the real bear though as it is a hide-a-bed... and that sucker is really heavy.
Sending you and yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#21469 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Boomer. The mighty Quinn has always been a favorite of mine :)I can't b;ame her for being a liberal coming from the state she lives in :)
Thanks DC.
I knew of a guy that went moose hunting in Alaska. Not only did he have the required rifle, he also sported a long barrel .357 with a scope. It was for bears!
A gun like a tool...
I asked my 16 year old daughter about gun control. She like her mom thinks they all should go away. I then asked, what about shooting competitions ala Olympics!? How quiet she became!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#21470 Jan 11, 2013
Denny, lots of folks are screaming for gun control. Have you heard anything about gun control from minorities in inner cities or other major metropolitan areas? Two black males here in Columbus, Ohio have already been statistics! How many more in Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, etc.?
Where are the leaders of those communities?
Just sayin'...
Enjoy the film.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 5 min Old Sam 3,994
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 11 min andet1987 55,283
I Like..... (Mar '14) 12 min Rose of Tralee 502
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min Old Sam 1,974
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 14 min beatlesinafog 1,773
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 14 min Old Sam 13,589
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 16 min andet1987 25,603
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min SLY WEST 152,574
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 31 min Mega Monster 7,646
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr dragoon70056 2,906
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 5 hr Will Dockery 24,144
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Persephone- 25,759
More from around the web