|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Good day to all!
It has stopped raining here in Columbus, Ohio and the sun has emerged from the clouds, yah!!!
It looks like Muncie or Fort Wayne so far. Probably a Saturday afternoon. Let us know your dates, maybe we all can agree, depending on the weather.
Peace.
We have another pal who would join us (see email to Brighteyes). Flying in. Needs to firm travel plans.

Doesn't Ft Wayne have an airport? Didn't you mention Ft Wayne as an option? Distance to drive is not an issue for me. Not sure if it is for you guys. You mentioned 90 minutes but I'm ok if it's further.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Well 'twas like that here since Christmas
AND the same in France, after Xmas..
beautifully mild,
unseasonal, if you like..
but, in the past 2 days frost has returned.

Incidentally,
RM, since we were discussing bears very recently,
thought you [and others here]
might find this one interesting.

'Close Encounter' one might call it(:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hey thanks Grace. I loved it. He/she looked curious about the vehicle, not aggressive. If it really wanted to eat the guy I'm sure it could have. But did you see the size of those claws?!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to all!
It has stopped raining here in Columbus, Ohio and the sun has emerged from the clouds, yah!!!
It looks like Muncie or Fort Wayne so far. Probably a Saturday afternoon. Let us know your dates, maybe we all can agree, depending on the weather.
Peace.
Hi Boomer ... it stopped raining here today, too! Rain FR/SA/SU which is good, we can certainly use it ... My schedule is wide open so far for the spring ... Guess, the niece and nephew will wait the last minute, as usual, LOL ... Hope you and yours are having a peaceful evening ... Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for turning me on to them
Hi Denny, you're welcome ... I'm reading Reckless by Andrew Gross that I picked up at the library today .. A Ty Hauck series ... it's pretty good so far as I've read 2 hours of it ... 12 chapters ... thought I'd play on the computer awhile ... Hope you're relaxing this evening with your wife and the 3 groomed pups ... Catch you on the morrow ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Chinese was just the year and the 'regular' zodiac was by month?
Hi there Quinny ... you got me, gal ... I don't know nothing about Chinese except spring rolls, sweet and sour sauce, kung pao chicken and my favorite soup the name escapes me but it's not egg drop ... and my fortune cookie today which said I am practical when I'm standing on my feet ... so that means I'm not practical when I'm not standing on my feet? lol ... okie dokie, haha ... How are you this evening?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

FWA = Fort Wayne International Airport ...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Denny, you're welcome ... I'm reading Reckless by Andrew Gross that I picked up at the library today .. A Ty Hauck series ... it's pretty good so far as I've read 2 hours of it ... 12 chapters ... thought I'd play on the computer awhile ... Hope you're relaxing this evening with your wife and the 3 groomed pups ... Catch you on the morrow ... FC <3 ...
If you like action/suspense the SIGMA series by James Rollins is a page turner. One of my friends is related to the author

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hi there Quinny ... you got me, gal ... I don't know nothing about Chinese except spring rolls, sweet and sour sauce, kung pao chicken and my favorite soup the name escapes me but it's not egg drop ... and my fortune cookie today which said I am practical when I'm standing on my feet ... so that means I'm not practical when I'm not standing on my feet? lol ... okie dokie, haha ... How are you this evening?...
tempura......and I like crab Rangoon

Contrary to popular belief, sushi does not in and of itself mean raw fish http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi it's how the rice is prepared. I love California Maki rolls.

won ton soup? hot & sour? I can't think of any others....

Sent from my iPhone

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
FWA = Fort Wayne International Airport ...
Show off!:-)
All I know are ORD and MDW. O'Hare and Midway.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Christchurch, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Chinese was just the year and the 'regular' zodiac was by month?
It is, but with a January birthday, because the Chinese new year does not coincide with the western one, you have to check which side of it you fall.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Hi Tony... I have always thought that the Chinese Zodiac was pretty neat... I was born under the sign of the Monkey...
Here's a link...

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0002076.html

About our posts the other night..
Paoli Peaks ski resort is very very small in comparison to all the others on the planet...hahahahahaha
Just goes to show what a bored Hoosier will get up to when they have land and a desire to ski...
There are some big resorts here in the US though..
Here's a link for that too...
:o)

http://www.skiresortguide.com/

OK I've goofed off enough.. I need to get to bed.. I hope that you will have a great day... Congratulations on your good fortune...
@}-'--,---

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Hi Lady Eleanor..
You'll be getting up in a little while..I just know it...
I do hope that P is feeling better.. having read through and saw the reference... and I hope the rain has ended in your part of the world..
Sending healing vibes and saying a prayer..

That daggone Flower Child has been sending me rain again... I tell her I don't want it but sure as the day is long... Here's comes the rain again...
Shoot now that songs in my head...

The forecast says we could get a total of up to 4 inches of rain... I am not at all happy about that forecast... MORE DANG MUD!!!
My yard hasn't been dry in the past month...
Cold and hard as a rock in the mornings and then a cold soggy mess by afternoon... and as if that wasn't fun enough by the time I walk The Pack for the last time it's back to half frozen...
However we are having unusually warm temps this week... with the rain headed this way it was 60 degrees today..
They said we might hit 70 by Saturday... January Twelveth and 70 degrees is just plain strange... I hope that the flowers and trees don't get bud blast because after this strange warm weather it's supposed to drop down into the 20's for the High Temperature.. I am so not looking forward to any of this stuff...
OK so now you have the complete weather report for my neck of the woods..hahahahahaha
;o)
Sending You and Yours all of my best and warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi Lady Eleanor..
You'll be getting up in a little while..I just know it...
I do hope that P is feeling better.. having read through and saw the reference... and I hope the rain has ended in your part of the world..
Sending healing vibes and saying a prayer..
That daggone Flower Child has been sending me rain again... I tell her I don't want it but sure as the day is long... Here's comes the rain again...
Shoot now that songs in my head...
The forecast says we could get a total of up to 4 inches of rain... I am not at all happy about that forecast... MORE DANG MUD!!!
My yard hasn't been dry in the past month...
Cold and hard as a rock in the mornings and then a cold soggy mess by afternoon... and as if that wasn't fun enough by the time I walk The Pack for the last time it's back to half frozen...
However we are having unusually warm temps this week... with the rain headed this way it was 60 degrees today..
They said we might hit 70 by Saturday... January Twelveth and 70 degrees is just plain strange... I hope that the flowers and trees don't get bud blast because after this strange warm weather it's supposed to drop down into the 20's for the High Temperature.. I am so not looking forward to any of this stuff...
OK so now you have the complete weather report for my neck of the woods..hahahahahaha
;o)
Sending You and Yours all of my best and warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Sweet dreams Dear Rose...
The worrying thing is..I didn't find your update on your weather
the slightest bit boring, lol. Don't know what that says about me!..:) Another visit by Jack Frost here, everywhere looks lovely but so bitterly cold. Which is why P and myself have been fixing that darn chalet roof this past day and will be finishing it hopefully today. Temps are about to drop this weekend so we hope to have the job done once and for all by then.
Keeps us out of mischief, and there is a certain satisfaction to be had in doing it oneself.
As you end your day..mine is just begun...
Sleep well my friend..<3

p.s. you want me to see to Flower?!...hahaha

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is, but with a January birthday, because the Chinese new year does not coincide with the western one, you have to check which side of it you fall.
'Morning Tony...I was surprised mine fell in the previous year
to when I was born.
This week flew by...you leave for Austria tomorrow I believe,
have a wonderful time...when I was 'into' ski-ing, St. Moritz
was all the rage, has does that rate these days iyo.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to, Lady El ... I said I would go see the movie as long as Cruise wouldn't take his shirt off ... He did! Ugh, but funny thing was, in the movie, the actress told him to put his shirt back on ... the scene was hilarious ... wait til you see it ... You'll love it!...
Have I greeted you yet today?... Good afternoon, Lady El ... sending warm wishes and love your way!...
I seem destined not to see this movie Flower, the best laid plans and all that, it's such a hike to get to the cinema from here, that I think I am going to make a special journey to see Quartet
and another interests me is Lincoln...and catch Jack Reacher on dvd.
Trying not to visualise Tom C minus shirt...it's rather early in the moring (not yet 7 a.m) am in my bed complete with laptop catching up with the world.
(Flingin back duvet and slipping into slippers....
and wishing you the sweetest of dreams...<3

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Christchurch, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi Tony... I have always thought that the Chinese Zodiac was pretty neat... I was born under the sign of the Monkey...
Here's a link...
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0002076.html
About our posts the other night..
Paoli Peaks ski resort is very very small in comparison to all the others on the planet...hahahahahaha
Just goes to show what a bored Hoosier will get up to when they have land and a desire to ski...
There are some big resorts here in the US though..
Here's a link for that too...
http://www.skiresortguide.com/
OK I've goofed off enough.. I need to get to bed.. I hope that you will have a great day... Congratulations on your good fortune...
@}-'--,---
I went to have a look. Very conveniently, a kid for whom I was camp counsellor many years ago lives in Vail valley - about 4 miles from the resort of Beaver Creek. So no prizes for guessing my destination in April!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Christchurch, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Morning ER and all other patrons of this thread. A quick fly-by to say hi and bye - will be absent for 10 days whilst I indulge myself in the joys of skiing in Austria. The bonus is that this weekend is the Ladies Downhill in St Anton: have watched shedloads on the box, but never seen one for real in all my trips, so really looking forward to it.

See y'all on my return.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
Morning ER and all other patrons of this thread. A quick fly-by to say hi and bye - will be absent for 10 days whilst I indulge myself in the joys of skiing in Austria. The bonus is that this weekend is the Ladies Downhill in St Anton: have watched shedloads on the box, but never seen one for real in all my trips, so really looking forward to it.
See y'all on my return.
have a good trip , to the slope not on it

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>It is, but with a January birthday, because the Chinese new year does not coincide with the western one, you have to check which side of it you fall.
Interesting. Hadn't thought of that.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:

See y'all on my return.
Enjoy to the fullest and have a safe trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••