“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21331 Jan 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Muncie is an option. Right now, I can't commit for a Spring meeting so I have no "favor" for any option.

Just trying to help.
Appreciate the suggestions Deer Whisperer. We're so close geographically it would be nice to say hey sometime over coffee.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21332 Jan 7, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
HOT Apple Pie with Cheese...cup of Hazelnut coffee also El..Slim pickins here..
Apple pie with cheese? Raisins too?
That is so New England!
Thanks for the memory.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21333 Jan 7, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>TKY! Just an extra.

Richmond would also work. Its over 90 minutes for us but no biggie. Check your map, Oak Forest IL is just off the IL/IN border and its a straight shot down I65 for us.

You bring your cars; I'll bring the dogs a and they can have a hoot n nanny!
Then let's push for two hours. Fort Wayne, Muncie, either is good. We all can find a good spot for lunch.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#21334 Jan 7, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Good evening, CC.

informs against BS

#21335 Jan 7, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciate the suggestions Deer Whisperer. We're so close geographically it would be nice to say hey sometime over coffee.
Surely, it would! As it can happen as we have been posting together for a good while.

informs against BS

#21336 Jan 7, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us all know your availability. We are speaking of a Saturday day trip. Would love to break bead with you. Plus, I get to ask you plenty of questions about your avatars!
Pictures?? Just use as 'fits'.

Profiles?? Have 3 total and cross-referenced to some degree. I don't do the "cloak game".

Across A Crowded Room

Slow Hand Luke (Facebook/game profile includes McCoy)-- that's why some call me Luke.

informs against BS

#21337 Jan 7, 2013
Good night and good morning good folk! Time to prepare for zzzzzZZZZzzz.

Golden slumbers until Tuesday morn.:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21338 Jan 7, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Let us all know your availability. We are speaking of a Saturday day trip. Would love to break bead with you. Plus, I get to ask you plenty of questions about your avatars!
We don't have commitments so timing pretty open for us. I don't mean to be indecisive, just accommodating. It's easier for us with no children-adult or small fry.

I know DW mentioned his daughter's wedding sometime this year so I imagine he's got lots of activities this year.

Up to you if you want to throw out some dates now or wait a while. Indy, Richmond or Shelbyville. Pick what suits you & Brighteyes and next decision is when......

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21339 Jan 7, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Great combo there CC! Good to see ya!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21340 Jan 7, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Apple pie with cheese? Raisins too?
That is so New England!
Thanks for the memory.
Cheddar & apple are sooooooo good together. That concept of salty/sweet together.....cheese & caramel popcorn, spice drops & Spanish peanuts......

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21341 Jan 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Surely, it would! As it can happen as we have been posting together for a good while.
Us the wedding this year ?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21342 Jan 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Pictures?? Just use as 'fits'.

Profiles?? Have 3 total and cross-referenced to some degree. I don't do the "cloak game".

Across A Crowded Room

Slow Hand Luke (Facebook/game profile includes McCoy)-- that's why some call me Luke.
I just love the muppets avatar. Miss Piggy & Kermie are my idols....still!
<3

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21343 Jan 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:

I'll be shuffling off to buffalo myself. Pleasant dreams all....

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#21344 Jan 7, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings are also animals, and also meat. You are setting one life above another if you think you have carte blanche to kill any animal just because it provides meat.
Someday, I'm sure, there won't be any hunting or fishing anymore.
But, why not let old timers like Denny and me enjoy what we have been doing for YEARS?
It is a dog eat dog world in the animal kingdom.
There will come a day that these guns will be looked at like blunder-busts, funny antiques. People will look back like we look at Jed Clampett.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#21345 Jan 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the treat of viewing the first 2 hours of Downton Abbey 3 last evening, PBS broadcast "Secrets of Highclere Castle", the setting of the program. That episode was actually the first of a mini-series which will also explore Hampton Court (Henry VIII home castle), the Diana Spencer home, and one other which I can't remember.
Anyway ... on the Highclere Estate (5,000 acres which exceeds Central Park NYC according to the show) is a deer-stalker employed full-time to keep the deer populations of 3 species on the estate under control. As you stated, there is no animal predator there on the estate.
Whether it was for camera or really true, the man out in the dark of the morn on watch and readiness stated that killing them was not taken lightly, and a moment of solemn respectful prayer is due to the loss of life. That seems like that's from the ancient and Celts, as it is with the ancient first peoples here.
I know Highclere Castle, near to Newbury (from before it was used in Downton)- took the catering wagon there a couple of times for horse shows. Had the chance to wander around the property - it is as impressive as it appears to be in Downton. It is the home of the Earl of Carnarvon, whose fore-bearer (grandfather or great grandfather, can't rmember which) was an Egyptologist who with Howard Carter found Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922. His death was the start of the rumour of a curse on the tomb - load of claptrap in my humble historical opinion.

With the extermination of the wolf population in England, Wales and Scotland in the 18th century, there are no natural predators for deer in the UK. Sadly, this means culling, for their numbers outgrow the land available to support them. Many were introduced by the landed classes form the 17th century onwards as they thought it trendy to have a herd of deer grazing in their parks. Needless to say, some escaped. In passing, they are far more destructive to vegetation than rabbits - in Scotland, they have huge high fences (as deer can jump pretty high) to limit their roaming. On the other hand - I love vension!

Spencer family own Althorp House in Northamptonshire. Recently, Diana's brother , the Earl of Spencer, had to sell off rather a lot of the family's goodies:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12933... .

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21346 Jan 8, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
'Morning Cuz Luke...

watched 'Miranda' last night, so funny, can't help but
love her.

Having an afternoon out today...just the cinema, off to
see Jack Reacher...

Have a great day {{{cuz}}}

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#21347 Jan 8, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Highclere Castle, near to Newbury (from before it was used in Downton)- took the catering wagon there a couple of times for horse shows. Had the chance to wander around the property - it is as impressive as it appears to be in Downton. It is the home of the Earl of Carnarvon, whose fore-bearer (grandfather or great grandfather, can't rmember which) was an Egyptologist who with Howard Carter found Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922. His death was the start of the rumour of a curse on the tomb - load of claptrap in my humble historical opinion.
With the extermination of the wolf population in England, Wales and Scotland in the 18th century, there are no natural predators for deer in the UK. Sadly, this means culling, for their numbers outgrow the land available to support them. Many were introduced by the landed classes form the 17th century onwards as they thought it trendy to have a herd of deer grazing in their parks. Needless to say, some escaped. In passing, they are far more destructive to vegetation than rabbits - in Scotland, they have huge high fences (as deer can jump pretty high) to limit their roaming. On the other hand - I love vension!
Spencer family own Althorp House in Northamptonshire. Recently, Diana's brother , the Earl of Spencer, had to sell off rather a lot of the family's goodies:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12933... .
'Morning Tony...all very interesting, I missed the news article
although that is our paper of choice, so was interested to read it
here!
Where did I read recently that wolves have been spotted in England?
Or am I dreaming?
Growing up, I spent a lot of time near Lyme Hall, and we would see
the deer roaming freely...nice sight, but it never occurs to
children how they are 'managed'. I believe Denny has a point when he
says that they are of no more importance than a cow. I have enjoyed
Venison myself, and it is healthier than, say, pork.
I expect by eating meat we are as 'guilty' as those who provide it..
And me, the big animal lover!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21348 Jan 8, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I have not seen him for a while. I am going to England about September and I hope to meet him for a beer and give him a Cowboys jersey
u sure u didnt tell him u'd give him an Eagle jersey? That would have scared him away. lol
hope ur feeling better.

Tally - so sorry for ur loss.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21349 Jan 8, 2013
Morning Denny. Did you send an email? Could not open it on phone.

More importantly, are any Wedgwoods on the market yet? U would be interested, just won't go through ebay anymore. Had a falling out over a small thing I sold.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#21350 Jan 8, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Morning Cuz Luke...

watched 'Miranda' last night, so funny, can't help but
love her.

Having an afternoon out today...just the cinema, off to
see Jack Reacher...

Have a great day {{{cuz}}}
Have a lovely day El. Enjoy the movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min xxxooxxx 133,012
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 14 min DILF 417
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min DILF 7,627
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 15 min DILF 7
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 32 min BLOODY__FATALITY 25,752
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 45 min DILF 26,698
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 53 min DILF 10
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr whatimeisit 351
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 24,122
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr wichita-rick 152,551