Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the offer on the PM's, I might take you up on that.
lol- family
When I was real little, we had a few Christmas holidays together, with both grandmas in the house. The atheist would always keep at the Catholic until they ended up in a great big fight! Same thing every time. lol, NO, it was not lol. Grandpa, the Native American, drank a lot....
Hope you do, I suggested PM as my e-mail is not functioning,
I am working on it. LOL about the religious set-toos...that
sounds like fun, lol.
I was witness to some shocking things when I was small..just kidding,
but we had a bowl of Holy Water on the hat stand in the hall, my
Uncle would cross himself with it on his way out when he was going
to the 'dogs'(dog racing) for luck..my Grandmother would go mad with him.
I think your Grandpa can be excused drinking, all things considered!...:)

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong Grace, I wholeheartedly agree with you and am making a concerted effort to bite my tongue as it were and stay off the soapbox. Alas, as Boomer said, I'm trying to keep it moderate.
Denny thinks its ok to kill defenseless animals with abandon, you & I disagree.
We will never convince him of the inhumanity of hunting and his love of guns anymore than he will convince us of the sport in hunting and his right and need to walk around carrying one.
I see you here Quincy...just thought I would say Hi....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

thanks all ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the closest thing you have as a predator is the fox. Coyotes are far more aggressive than the fox. They do keep your rabbit population in check. Nature isn't perfect in keeping the proper balance. I guess coyotes would be a great danger to the sheep farmer
Pack up your shotguns and come to Ohio. We have more deer now than when Daniel Boone was blazing a trail. Don't limit your hunting experience. I don't hunt but trek the woods and saw two large pointed bucks in a farmers' field.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong Grace, I wholeheartedly agree with you and am making a concerted effort to bite my tongue as it were and stay off the soapbox. Alas, as Boomer said, I'm trying to keep it moderate.
Denny thinks its ok to kill defenseless animals with abandon, you & I disagree.
We will never convince him of the inhumanity of hunting and his love of guns anymore than he will convince us of the sport in hunting and his right and need to walk around carrying one.
Mighty Quinn we will just have to agree to disagree. Grace is consistent in her view point and doesn't set the life of one animal over the life of another animal. To me a deer is the same as a hog and a cow. I am a meat eater

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Hey Quinn, 90 minutes from Columbus puts us on the other side of Richmond, Indiana. How far is that from you and the mister?
BTW, enjoyed the pic!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't claim to be a vegetarian (I am not) and I wear leather....and yes, when cold enough I will even wear my mothers fur coat - but killing as a 'sport' belies common decency, as if to suggest man is superior to the animal kingdom.

Yahoo showed the rooftops in China or Japan where hundreds or thousands of shark fins were being dried out for the delicacy that is shark fin soup. Horrible.
They catch the shark, cut the fin off and throw back in the ocean! Catch a fish and eat the thing.
Oh that's right mercury or nuclear poison...
Stop polluting!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Mighty Quinn that meat doesn't show up by magic in the market. Long ago I worked in a packing plant that killed 2,000 hogs a day.
Oh for gods sake Denny! That's condescending. My aunts and uncles lived near the Chicago stockyard. I know how the hamburger got on my table.

You kill for sport, admit it. You use defenseless animals as an excuse to use your self proclaimed 2nd amendment right to have an arsenal to shoot and kill things. How many deer heads are on your wall? Justify it anyway you want.

You live in the metropolis of where again? Dallas I think. You're not in the backwoods of Montana or frontier of Alaska. Killing your supper is not a necessity so there is no pressing for you go out and kill anything with fur or feathers.

And the as far as managing the deer population, that's a crock. If you left nature alone the coyotes would take care of the deer population. It's called the natural order of a food chain and by killing the deer, you've taken away the coyote and wolves' food supply....then you say you kill the coyotes to save the deer....who you shoot and kill anyway. Be honest about it. Trying to PC sugar coat doesn't make it any better in some folks' eyes.

You're not doing the animal kingdom or your family's food supply any favors.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim to be a vegetarian (I am not) and I wear leather....and yes, when cold enough I will even wear my mothers fur coat - but killing as a 'sport' belies common decency, as if to suggest man is superior to the animal kingdom.
Yahoo showed the rooftops in China or Japan where hundreds or thousands of shark fins were being dried out for the delicacy that is shark fin soup. Horrible.
On Jan. 1, the shark fin ban went into effect in Illinois, being the first in-land state to do so.

Kudos!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
Hey Quinn, 90 minutes from Columbus puts us on the other side of Richmond, Indiana. How far is that from you and the mister?
BTW, enjoyed the pic!
For ease of travel, I-65/I-70 for Quinny and I-70 for you is the route connection. Richmond or east edge of Indianapolis (or in between could be a meeting point).

Or an alternate would be US 30 (or 33 where need be) to Fort Wayne-ish. But, that's small towns and traffic lights -- in particular "The Region" as Quinny heads east.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>For ease of travel, I-65/I-70 for Quinny and I-70 for you is the route connection. Richmond or east edge of Indianapolis (or in between could be a meeting point).

Or an alternate would be US 30 (or 33 where need be) to Fort Wayne-ish. But, that's small towns and traffic lights -- in particular "The Region" as Quinny heads east.
We can do Muncie or Fort Wayne. Another 30 minutes, no prob.
Will you be joining us?

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Man is the closest thing we have as a predator Den.
Before the treat of viewing the first 2 hours of Downton Abbey 3 last evening, PBS broadcast "Secrets of Highclere Castle", the setting of the program. That episode was actually the first of a mini-series which will also explore Hampton Court (Henry VIII home castle), the Diana Spencer home, and one other which I can't remember.

Anyway ... on the Highclere Estate (5,000 acres which exceeds Central Park NYC according to the show) is a deer-stalker employed full-time to keep the deer populations of 3 species on the estate under control. As you stated, there is no animal predator there on the estate.

Whether it was for camera or really true, the man out in the dark of the morn on watch and readiness stated that killing them was not taken lightly, and a moment of solemn respectful prayer is due to the loss of life. That seems like that's from the ancient and Celts, as it is with the ancient first peoples here.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
For ease of travel, I-65/I-70 for Quinny and I-70 for you is the route connection. Richmond or east edge of Indianapolis (or in between could be a meeting point).
Yeah, Muncie is an option. Right now, I can't commit for a Spring meeting so I have no "favor" for any option.

Just trying to help.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I guess Man is the closest thing we have as a predator Den.
Can't argue with that all El.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you do, I suggested PM as my e-mail is not functioning,
I am working on it. LOL about the religious set-toos...that
sounds like fun, lol.
I was witness to some shocking things when I was small..just kidding,
but we had a bowl of Holy Water on the hat stand in the hall, my
Uncle would cross himself with it on his way out when he was going
to the 'dogs'(dog racing) for luck..my Grandmother would go mad with him.
I think your Grandpa can be excused drinking, all things considered!...:)
And didn't the Native Americans thank Mother Earth and say a prayer of gratitude to the animal they killed for the meat and hide (?)? Something I've read in many a book written by a Native American.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I see you here Quincy...just thought I would say Hi....
Hey there El! How's they kitty Miss M?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Pack up your shotguns and come to Ohio. We have more deer now than when Daniel Boone was blazing a trail. Don't limit your hunting experience. I don't hunt but trek the woods and saw two large pointed bucks in a farmers' field.
Our friend does not need any more encouragement Boomer.:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Mighty Quinn we will just have to agree to disagree. Grace is consistent in her view point and doesn't set the life of one animal over the life of another animal. To me a deer is the same as a hog and a cow. I am a meat eater
Human beings are also animals, and also meat. You are setting one life above another if you think you have carte blanche to kill any animal just because it provides meat.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Muncie is an option. Right now, I can't commit for a Spring meeting so I have no "favor" for any option.

Just trying to help.
Let us all know your availability. We are speaking of a Saturday day trip. Would love to break bead with you. Plus, I get to ask you plenty of questions about your avatars!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
BTW, enjoyed the pic!
TKY! Just an extra.

Richmond would also work. Its over 90 minutes for us but no biggie. Check your map, Oak Forest IL is just off the IL/IN border and its a straight shot down I65 for us.

You bring your cars; I'll bring the dogs a and they can have a hoot n nanny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,981 - 21,000 of34,730
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

206 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Mister_ E 140,304
Sleeping Fan Sues ESPN, MLB For Defamation 2 min Holy Shnikies 30
What is the meaning of life? 5 min Sublime1 7
Word Association (Jun '10) 8 min Bezeer 25,769
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 9 min man in a suit 6,160
Word Assassination (Nov '13) 9 min Bezeer 857
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 10 min Sublime1 8,799
How to become Unbannable 17 min tora tora tora 58
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr CJ Rocker 14,105