El's Kitchen

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 1,049)

Showing posts 20,961 - 20,980 of34,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21288
Jan 7, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>No the naked girl really happened. I gave her my jacket and went to get her help from the hotel
I remember you telling us about this just after you got back.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21289
Jan 7, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote >
"The world is not the same when one loses a friend/relative.
but we can consider ourselves all the richer for having known that
person."
is so tenderly put and the truth of that
rings loud and clear.
Those we have lost are very conspicuous in their absence,
wouldn't you agree Grace?
Thoughts and memories never die.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21290
Jan 7, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The killer whale and man are both hunters I guess. If we eat meat then we are all killers :)
This is where Grace's conscience is clear Denny.

The rest of us...well...

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21291
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The killer whale and man are both hunters I guess. If we eat meat then we are all killers :)
It was the dinosaurs who ruled here for
several million years -
it is thought a meteor or some major event
wiped them out.

Now WE 'human's' are in control of this planet
and our 'thinking' abilities and intelligence dictate most everything..Science.. advances in medicine.. how we achieved air travel..
modern medicine, how to arrest illnesses and
enable ourselves live longer: communication.. telephone etc.
mobility- cars buses trains.. air and sea travel.. etc.. etc.. etc.
as we all know: we have done wonders..

We also *have the choice* to pick a banana off a tree,
or cook a few vegetables, or even bake a loaf of bread,
using flour nuts & grains...
in order to feed ourselves, so that "IF" we were so inclined,
we need never resort to meat eating in this period of time
[I believe]

whereas it's still a basic built-in instinct which prompts an animal -
[who can't do any of the above mentioned...] to stalk
and kill for food.
'That's' the massive difference I see.. in your post Denny.

Having said this.

I am not preaching or telling anyone whether or not
to eat meat, that is not MY business, nor is it my right..
if I don't eat meat [which I don't]
that's my choice and... the choices others make
in this regard are
none of MY business.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21292
Jan 7, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the dinosaurs who ruled here for
several million years -
it is thought a meteor or some major event
wiped them out.
Now WE 'human's' are in control of this planet
and our 'thinking' abilities and intelligence dictate most everything..Science.. advances in medicine.. how we achieved air travel..
modern medicine, how to arrest illnesses and
enable ourselves live longer: communication.. telephone etc.
mobility- cars buses trains.. air and sea travel.. etc.. etc.. etc.
as we all know: we have done wonders..
We also *have the choice* to pick a banana off a tree,
or cook a few vegetables, or even bake a loaf of bread,
using flour nuts & grains...
in order to feed ourselves, so that "IF" we were so inclined,
we need never resort to meat eating in this period of time
[I believe]
whereas it's still a basic built-in instinct which prompts an animal -
[who can't do any of the above mentioned...] to stalk
and kill for food.
'That's' the massive difference I see.. in your post Denny.
Having said this.
I am not preaching or telling anyone whether or not
to eat meat, that is not MY business, nor is it my right..
if I don't eat meat [which I don't]
that's my choice and... the choices others make
in this regard are
none of MY business.
As long as you are pleased with your choice.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21293
Jan 7, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the dinosaurs who ruled here for
several million years -
it is thought a meteor or some major event
wiped them out.
Now WE 'human's' are in control of this planet
and our 'thinking' abilities and intelligence dictate most everything..Science.. advances in medicine.. how we achieved air travel..
modern medicine, how to arrest illnesses and
enable ourselves live longer: communication.. telephone etc.
mobility- cars buses trains.. air and sea travel.. etc.. etc.. etc.
as we all know: we have done wonders..
We also *have the choice* to pick a banana off a tree,
or cook a few vegetables, or even bake a loaf of bread,
using flour nuts & grains...
in order to feed ourselves, so that "IF" we were so inclined,
we need never resort to meat eating in this period of time
[I believe]
whereas it's still a basic built-in instinct which prompts an animal -
[who can't do any of the above mentioned...] to stalk
and kill for food.
'That's' the massive difference I see.. in your post Denny.
Having said this.
I am not preaching or telling anyone whether or not
to eat meat, that is not MY business, nor is it my right..
"if I don't eat meat [which I don't]
that's my choice and... the choices others make
in this regard are
none of MY business."
"if I don't eat meat [which I don't]
that's my choice and... the choices others make
in this regard are
none of MY business."

Nevertheless, you do act as a shining example...and an inspirational
one.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21294
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Holding Sir Tally in our hearts today on the sad
loss of his friend and neighbour.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21295
Jan 7, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Fish. Not really, a few small parts, blink and you would
miss me, but it was very renumerative.
Young. Anglo-Saxon...ancient name.
Based on the information you have, can I suggest you apply for your
grandparents marriage certificate...it would give you a generation back.
Please feel free to PM me if you have anything private to relay..
I read of the crimes those convicts were guilty of...sometimes something
as small as stealing a loaf of bread in order to survive...
Your ancestors sound characters by the way...:)
Thanks for the offer on the PM's, I might take you up on that.
lol- family
When I was real little, we had a few Christmas holidays together, with both grandmas in the house. The atheist would always keep at the Catholic until they ended up in a great big fight! Same thing every time. lol, NO, it was not lol. Grandpa, the Native American, drank a lot....

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21296
Jan 7, 2013
 
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the offer on the PM's, I might take you up on that.
lol- family
When I was real little, we had a few Christmas holidays together, with both grandmas in the house. The atheist would always keep at the Catholic until they ended up in a great big fight! Same thing every time. lol, NO, it was not lol. Grandpa, the Native American, drank a lot....
Good morning Fish :)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21297
Jan 7, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Fish :)
Good morning Denny.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21298
Jan 7, 2013
 
Grace are you vegan?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21299
Jan 7, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
Grace are you vegan?
have u talked to Krypt lately? i havent seen him in a long time, hope he is ok.
:]

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21300
Jan 7, 2013
 
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
have u talked to Krypt lately? i havent seen him in a long time, hope he is ok.
:]
I have not seen him for a while. I am going to England about September and I hope to meet him for a beer and give him a Cowboys jersey

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21301
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The killer whale and man are both hunters I guess. If we eat meat then we are all killers :)
How close us the nearest grocery store to Denny?

The difference is whales eat what the kill, they don't kill for the hell of it or to put a head on the wall.....sell the tusk or the fin or the paw.

And while you're out there shooting deer and pheasant which you may well eat, do you bother to say a prayer or thank the animal you just killed for the meal(s) he's going to provide? If my pal Fisherman canes back he'll acknowledge natives at least have compassion and gratitude for that which dies so they can survive.

Contrary to popular belief, humans do not own this planet or the animals who inhabit it. We borrow it from the generation that comes after us.....but each generation just destroys a but more than the one that came before.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21302
Jan 7, 2013
 
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How close us the nearest grocery store to Denny?
The difference is whales eat what the kill, they don't kill for the hell of it or to put a head on the wall.....sell the tusk or the fin or the paw.
And while you're out there shooting deer and pheasant which you may well eat, do you bother to say a prayer or thank the animal you just killed for the meal(s) he's going to provide? If my pal Fisherman canes back he'll acknowledge natives at least have compassion and gratitude for that which dies so they can survive.
Contrary to popular belief, humans do not own this planet or the animals who inhabit it. We borrow it from the generation that comes after us.....but each generation just destroys a but more than the one that came before.
I eat what I shoot except for coyotes. I shoot coyotes to help the deer population. There are more deer in Texas than any state and it is because of the hunter and the money he spends on license goes to promote the animals. Different areas have different limits. That depends on the population in that area. Texas has had great success in proper game management. There are too many deer in some areas. That makes for starving deer and small animals. I see no difference in eating a deer or eating a cow. I hunted deer a lot this year but I didn't shoot any. I saw a lot of beautiful animals. I could have shot one with a bow but I wasn't sure of a perfect shot and a quick death so I didn't take the shot

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21303
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How close us the nearest grocery store to Denny?
The difference is whales eat what the kill, they don't kill for the hell of it or to put a head on the wall.....sell the tusk or the fin or the paw.
And while you're out there shooting deer and pheasant which you may well eat, do you bother to say a prayer or thank the animal you just killed for the meal(s) he's going to provide? If my pal Fisherman canes back he'll acknowledge natives at least have compassion and gratitude for that which dies so they can survive.
Contrary to popular belief, humans do not own this planet or the animals who inhabit it. We borrow it from the generation that comes after us.....but each generation just destroys a but more than the one that came before.
Mighty Quinn that meat doesn't show up by magic in the market. Long ago I worked in a packing plant that killed 2,000 hogs a day.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21304
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I eat what I shoot except for coyotes. I shoot coyotes to help the deer population. There are more deer in Texas than any state and it is because of the hunter and the money he spends on license goes to promote the animals. Different areas have different limits. That depends on the population in that area. Texas has had great success in proper game management. There are too many deer in some areas. That makes for starving deer and small animals. I see no difference in eating a deer or eating a cow. I hunted deer a lot this year but I didn't shoot any. I saw a lot of beautiful animals. I could have shot one with a bow but I wasn't sure of a perfect shot and a quick death so I didn't take the shot
That stagtement you made doesn't make sense to me Denny, can you clarify
it. You "shoot the coyotes to help the deer"...well, surely if there is
an abundance of deer that man has to 'cull' them to keep the numbers down...then why not leave it to the coyotes who would kill to eat?
Natures way.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21305
Jan 7, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That stagtement you made doesn't make sense to me Denny, can you clarify
it. You "shoot the coyotes to help the deer"...well, surely if there is
an abundance of deer that man has to 'cull' them to keep the numbers down...then why not leave it to the coyotes who would kill to eat?
Natures way.
Coyotes kill deer and reduce the numbers. They also kill cattle. By keeping the coyote numbers down you can keep the number of deer up. There are lots of coyotes where I hunt but not an over abundance of deer. Near Austin where Flower is from there are way to many deer and they are very small. I got to hunt there only once. I saw 60 deer one morning and another person saw 90. This is an are where the limit is set so you can take lots of Bucks to try to hold down the population. Wild hogs have gone crazy in Texas. You can hunt them all year with no limits. Hogs are dangerous and very destructive of the land. My wife won't eat deer but she will eat pork :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21306
Jan 7, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That stagtement you made doesn't make sense to me Denny, can you clarify
it. You "shoot the coyotes to help the deer"...well, surely if there is
an abundance of deer that man has to 'cull' them to keep the numbers down...then why not leave it to the coyotes who would kill to eat?
Natures way.
I guess the closest thing you have as a predator is the fox. Coyotes are far more aggressive than the fox. They do keep your rabbit population in check. Nature isn't perfect in keeping the proper balance. I guess coyotes would be a great danger to the sheep farmer

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21308
Jan 7, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the closest thing you have as a predator is the fox. Coyotes are far more aggressive than the fox. They do keep your rabbit population in check. Nature isn't perfect in keeping the proper balance. I guess coyotes would be a great danger to the sheep farmer
I guess Man is the closest thing we have as a predator Den.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,961 - 20,980 of34,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••