El's Kitchen

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#21175 Jan 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot of Irish. Lots of fans of Manfred Mann --- the Mighty Quinn --- it goes without saying all Catholics although I do not practice anymore (long story). Had some priests and nuns in the family too ...... my mom even considered joining the convent!
Just as well for you that she didn't! Might be a little tricky explaining your existence in that case.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#21176 Jan 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Wonder if El.. or any British folks here
watched THE YOUNG VICTORIA on TV tonight,
Fine piece of television,
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
had a real love affair going
nine children to their credit too..
She outlived him by forty years!
I'm so glad I didn't miss it.
The theme song from the movie is beautiful..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jgWWQe57UBUXX
Caught half of it before I fell asleep on the sofa (paying for that now - wide awake so a brief burst on here and a large mug of tea). Was written by the same guy who writes Downton Abbey, Julian Fellowes (who is a bona fides peer of the realm: Baron Fellowes of West Stafford). He won an Oscar for the sreenplay for Gosford Park. What I saw seemed pretty accurate historically - Victoria's mother was a scheming cow.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21177 Jan 4, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>I mapped that city...
It is right about 3 and a half hours from Columbus, Ohio. We are in the middle of the state.
I mistakenly thought you were closer to the border. That's why I thought Jeffersonville IN, figured it was close to you. Just an idea I if you think it's a good one. I'm up for other ideas.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21178 Jan 4, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>You have a certain wit that after a few adult beverages you would be a riot!
Rock on!
Coming from you that's a high compliment thank you.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21179 Jan 4, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Just as well for you that she didn't! Might be a little tricky explaining your existence in that case.
LOL!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21180 Jan 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>I mistakenly thought you were closer to the border. That's why I thought Jeffersonville IN, figured it was close to you. Just an idea I if you think it's a good one. I'm up for other ideas.
Look at a map and go 90 minutes east and or southeast and give us the closest town or city. Let us all review and pick the point.
This is like the Around the world Race!
LOL!:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#21181 Jan 5, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN..... I was so Bored...
I knew just where to go...hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
;o)
Hi Lady Eleanor... It's great to hear some good news when you have concerns over your pet.. Bless their little hearts They can't tell us how they feel and it takes someone with compassion to see that something is wrong.. You are certainly the one those furkids should be with.. and having a Vet who really cares is a blessing...
I'm glad that MillyMolly isn't diabetic.. that is so hard on an animal.. Humans included... I'll be overjoyed the day a cure is found... My Father was diabetic and I'm hypoglycemic... so that disease runs in our famiily..
I hope that you are having a great day today and I hope that no matter what you do you will enjoy yourself...
I'm talking myself into scrubbing down the bathroom... It Is Not my favorite household chore...hahahahaha
Sending you all of my best and warmest wishes....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
HA HA HA! I just saw the poll...you came to the right place, lol!

How are you Dear Rose? Finish the bathroom off?! I know the felling, did mine on Wednesday, back breaking but worth the effort.
Not familiar with hypoglycemic condition but it sounds related to diabetes, so it is a genetic disorder? Wasn't aware of that.
I was so relieved she was negative, I really did not relish the idea of daily injections, not at her great age, although she is very much the kitten cat. The Vet put a tablet down her little throat and squirted water down her...I never do that, but I couldn't say anything. I pride myself I get the tablet right at the back of the throat halfway down the gullet. Hope I am not boring you, haha.
Pretty cold here but still no snow, did you get more after all.
You have a wonderful weekend, keep warm and well nourished...
Best....<3
Love-n-Hugs

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#21182 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
They still have cane fields in the islands!
Can we stay moderate in the kitchen!?
Love you El! Thanks for the thread,
Good to know the pets are okay. We call ours "beasts". A behavior thing...
Aw Thank you Boomer..:) So..how many beasts have you? I seem
to remember you saying you had two? We have eleven...the eldest
is 16 and a half, next to him is Ginger Bailey who is 15...and so
it goes to the three youngest who are three and two years old.
Quite hard work as I feed them individually, twice daily, and in the case of one, three times daily as he joins us for lunch.
Watching a match later in the afternoon, so am making a Spaghetti Bolognese early...a little girl in the USA taught me how to make it
many years ago, that little girl is now a nurse in the Army.
Time flies.
Wishing you and Brighteyes a wonderful weekend.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#21183 Jan 5, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Wonder if El.. or any British folks here
watched THE YOUNG VICTORIA on TV tonight,
Fine piece of television,
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
had a real love affair going
nine children to their credit too..
She outlived him by forty years!
I'm so glad I didn't miss it.
The theme song from the movie is beautiful..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jgWWQe57UBUXX
Wish I had known it was on Grace, I was so taken up with
watching a re-run of Clocking Off, I missed it.
That was a long time to outlive her husband!
Bitterly cold here today, how is it across the Irish Sea?
I was talking to a lady in the Vet's waiting room the other day, she always seems to be there when I go, has a Dalmation who is being monitored for weight loss....
She remarked that when she was travelling to the place, she
was struck by how green the hills were in the near distance,
they would be 'in relief' and outstandingly beautiful, all the
moreso when they are capped with snow.
This lady is English also, so not coming from a mountaineous
area, perhaps we notice it more rather than take it for granted..as some would.
Well, off shortly to put on an early meal..
Do hope you are feeling much better today.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21184 Jan 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Aw Thank you Boomer..:) So..how many beasts have you? I seem
to remember you saying you had two? We have eleven...the eldest
is 16 and a half, next to him is Ginger Bailey who is 15...and so
it goes to the three youngest who are three and two years old.
Quite hard work as I feed them individually, twice daily, and in the case of one, three times daily as he joins us for lunch.
Watching a match later in the afternoon, so am making a Spaghetti Bolognese early...a little girl in the USA taught me how to make it
many years ago, that little girl is now a nurse in the Army.
Time flies.
Wishing you and Brighteyes a wonderful weekend.
Morning/afternoon to all!
Yes El we have two. My avatar is our "tuxedo cat" Panda. 3 years old, 38 inches long, a little more than a meter, and a whopping 12 pounds, 6 kilos; our other is a Maine Coon mix, Simba, is half the size and weight of Panda. Both were rescue cats.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21185 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Look at a map and go 90 minutes east and or southeast and give us the closest town or city. Let us all review and pick the point.
This is like the Around the world Race!
LOL!:)
Sweetheart, my drive to work can take 90 minutes some day! Seriously. I logged it on day, it's just under 60 miles....one way.

I'm enjoying Around the World in a weekend !

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21186 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Look at a map and go 90 minutes east and or southeast and give us the closest town or city. Let us all review and pick the point.
This is like the Around the world Race!
LOL!:)
The key here is 90 minutes from Columbus or 90 minutes from Chicago?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#21187 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning/afternoon to all!
Yes El we have two. My avatar is our "tuxedo cat" Panda. 3 years old, 38 inches long, a little more than a meter, and a whopping 12 pounds, 6 kilos; our other is a Maine Coon mix, Simba, is half the size and weight of Panda. Both were rescue cats.
Maine Coons are the coolest cats - we had one that lived for 21 years. He was like a dog - used to come for walks!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21188 Jan 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Aw Thank you Boomer..:) So..how many beasts have you? I seem
to remember you saying you had two? We have eleven...the eldest
is 16 and a half, next to him is Ginger Bailey who is 15...and so
it goes to the three youngest who are three and two years old.
Quite hard work as I feed them individually, twice daily, and in the case of one, three times daily as he joins us for lunch.
Watching a match later in the afternoon, so am making a Spaghetti Bolognese early...a little girl in the USA taught me how to make it
many years ago, that little girl is now a nurse in the Army.
Time flies.
Wishing you and Brighteyes a wonderful weekend.
Wow El! I did not realize you fed them individually! Two are hard enough! But we love our animals, don't we?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21189 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Morning/afternoon to all!
Yes El we have two. My avatar is our "tuxedo cat" Panda. 3 years old, 38 inches long, a little more than a meter, and a whopping 12 pounds, 6 kilos; our other is a Maine Coon mix, Simba, is half the size and weight of Panda. Both were rescue cats.
Boomer, do you and Brighteyes ever catch 'Too Cute' on Animal Planet? They do one on puppies and one on kittens. I enjoyed an episode on Tuxedoes. They're adorable. While the kittens are too cute and some cats are friendly, I must admit I'm more of a dog person.

Mind you, its not that don't like cats, I just prefer dogs ---- they are more dependent on their "peeps".

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21190 Jan 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw Thank you Boomer..:) So..how many beasts have you? I seem
to remember you saying you had two? We have eleven...the eldest
is 16 and a half, next to him is Ginger Bailey who is 15...and so
it goes to the three youngest who are three and two years old.
Quite hard work as I feed them individually, twice daily, and in the case of one, three times daily as he joins us for lunch.
Watching a match later in the afternoon, so am making a Spaghetti Bolognese early...a little girl in the USA taught me how to make it
many years ago, that little girl is now a nurse in the Army.
Time flies.
Wishing you and Brighteyes a wonderful weekend.
Good morning El. How are you doing this fine day. I have been sick for over a week and it is muddy out so the tile floors are a mess. I have company coming tomorrow so I have to mop and I just don't feel like doing it but it must be done :(

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21191 Jan 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>Boomer, do you and Brighteyes ever catch 'Too Cute' on Animal Planet? They do one on puppies and one on kittens. I enjoyed an episode on Tuxedoes. They're adorable. While the kittens are too cute and some cats are friendly, I must admit I'm more of a dog person.

Mind you, its not that don't like cats, I just prefer dogs ---- they are more dependent on their "peeps".
Their peeps!? That is too funny!!!
We do watch animal planet. I found out that Panda is part Siberian. He has the longest tail of any cat I ever owned.
I was thinking 90 minutes from Columbus. So, you start east, we start west. A straight shot would put us close to Indianapolis.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21192 Jan 5, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. How are you doing this fine day. I have been sick for over a week and it is muddy out so the tile floors are a mess. I have company coming tomorrow so I have to mop and I just don't feel like doing it but it must be done :(
Chicken soup.
Hope you feel better!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21193 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken soup.
Hope you feel better!
Thanks. It can't hurt and it may help :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21194 Jan 5, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Their peeps!? That is too funny!!!
We do watch animal planet. I found out that Panda is part Siberian. He has the longest tail of any cat I ever owned.
I was thinking 90 minutes from Columbus. So, you start east, we start west. A straight shot would put us close to Indianapolis.
It's a plan! Never been to Indy. I'm actually very close to the Ill/In border --- it'll be an adventure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 31 min UnderstandPeople 3,737
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 47 min ThomasA 2,041
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 55 min RedWhite81 215,282
News Dirty jeans for sale: $425 1 hr 07 Mustang 7
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 hr rainmaker2016 8,003
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 2 hr rainmaker2016 7,553
News Teen wears Black Lives Matter-inspired dress to... 3 hr wichita-rick 8
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr T Bone 1,561
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 11 hr Lifelover 34
More from around the web