Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20985 Jan 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year Pffff - that was my original plan but was so engrossed in a book I didn't turn in til 1am -- saw the celebrations on TV.
lol - u sound like my daughter, i use to read a lot but lately just cant seem to get interested in anything. but i gotta get back into it, my husband keeps complaining that i watch HGTV too much now, which isnt a good thing for him, gives me to many ideas. lol
:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20986 Jan 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Never really taken any notice of it - I don't put much faith in astrology in general: for me, it's a load of codswallop. Put that down to me being a piscean!!
It's just a little something fun, not something to live my life around. Some if the Chinese restaurants here put on the placemats on the table. Not much different from reading the little fortunes in the cookies.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20987 Jan 2, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats on the permanent job, Quinny ... that's great!...
Now wild you travel far in the spring?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20988 Jan 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I may be flying into O'Hare in February - trying to work out vacation plans at the moment.
Now would that be just a layover?

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#20989 Jan 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
So when are those of us on the North American Continent going to pick a place to meet? Sturgis South Dakota might be too busy.
Not excluding the Euro-diners just didn't know if you'd spare the expense since you're a little further away.
It would be a wonderful opportunity for me to visit places I missed the first time...Chicago was always on my wish list as I mentioned to you..
plus, meeting folk here I chat to on an almost daily basis,
but...lots of little 'charges' dependent upon me, no way can I take
time out, some are old now...they don't care for strangers..some were
badly treated before I got to them...

But, wonderful idea Quincy, and good luck with it, bear in mind, I want
group photos if you all meet up....:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20990 Jan 2, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>on the Chines Zodiac, Quinny! What would I be ... how do you measure it or how do you come up with it ... by year you were born, by month, how?... I'm a Pisces ... and I'm old, LOL ...
Tony had the idea. Here's a link

http://www.chinatoday.com/culture/zodiac/zodi...

Sent from my iPhone

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20991 Jan 2, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>on the Chines Zodiac, Quinny! What would I be ... how do you measure it or how do you come up with it ... by year you were born, by month, how?... I'm a Pisces ... and I'm old, LOL ...
....all based on the year you were born

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20992 Jan 2, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>they changed the tax system here about 15 years ago to something called GST ... it replaced a system called Federal Sales tax ... the old system collected taxes at the point of sale from manufacturer to wholesaler or retailer ... it involved about 1 million businesses ....

The tax was built into the end price to the consumer.

The GST is charged on every transaction done to the end user ... it took an extra 5000 employees to process the paperwork.

It collects the same money, just at a different stage in the cycle ...

ALso, when the GST came in, they did not reduce the price of the product and collect the tax on top, with the end result being the same price to the consumer . It created INSTANT 6% inflation across the country!!!!

It made NO sense to switch.
Politicians: some have good ideas, maybe even good intention, but it almost always ends up poorly executed.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#20993 Jan 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
well depending on how long i live, i "may" be at least middle age. can a person even live that long??? lol
:)
I did...:)

It's funny you should think like that though PFfff...I remember
many years ago when starting a new positon in a company, I was
hired as the firm's book-keeper, large engineering firm, I was 26
and the boss was discussing pensions ...I tried looking interested
but thought, that is a hundred years away.....

But it wasn't..it's gone by...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20994 Jan 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>lol - u sound like my daughter, i use to read a lot but lately just cant seem to get interested in anything. but i gotta get back into it, my husband keeps complaining that i watch HGTV too much now, which isnt a good thing for him, gives me to many ideas. lol
:)
Always been an avid reader. Lived taken the train to work - 45 minutes & a book - finding the time us what's harder now since its a long drive to work. Kindles and audio books don't quite do it for me.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20995 Jan 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>It would be a wonderful opportunity for me to visit places I missed the first time...Chicago was always on my wish list as I mentioned to you..
plus, meeting folk here I chat to on an almost daily basis,
but...lots of little 'charges' dependent upon me, no way can I take
time out, some are old now...they don't care for strangers..some were
badly treated before I got to them...

But, wonderful idea Quincy, and good luck with it, bear in mind, I want
group photos if you all meet up....:)
I kind of also figured long and expensive travels for those of you across the pond might prohibit a meeting, but geographically speaking, Boomer & Brighteyes, Deer Whisperer, and I are all in close proximity.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20996 Jan 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I did...:)
It's funny you should think like that though PFfff...I remember
many years ago when starting a new positon in a company, I was
hired as the firm's book-keeper, large engineering firm, I was 26
and the boss was discussing pensions ...I tried looking interested
but thought, that is a hundred years away.....
But it wasn't..it's gone by...
http://youtu.be/yGEe_zpddNI

;)

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#20997 Jan 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of also figured long and expensive travels for those of you across the pond might prohibit a meeting, but geographically speaking, Boomer & Brighteyes, Deer Whisperer, and I are all in close proximity.
I could have surmounted that, but like I said, my animals are
my first concern. Plus the fact that I am a care-giver, or
carer as it is termed here.
The reason I sort of stick to the one thread...time is the enemy.
Tomorrow I will be taking MillyMolly to the Vets.....she needs
her claws clipping and a diagnosis on why she is hovering permanently
over her drinking water. Hoping it isn't the obvious.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#20998 Jan 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Always been an avid reader. Lived taken the train to work - 45 minutes & a book - finding the time us what's harder now since its a long drive to work. Kindles and audio books don't quite do it for me.
Let me recommend Lee Child. His first book in a long series is The Killing Floor. His character is Jack Reacher :)

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#20999 Jan 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I could have surmounted that, but like I said, my animals are
my first concern. Plus the fact that I am a care-giver, or
carer as it is termed here.
The reason I sort of stick to the one thread...time is the enemy.
Tomorrow I will be taking MillyMolly to the Vets.....she needs
her claws clipping and a diagnosis on why she is hovering permanently
over her drinking water. Hoping it isn't the obvious.
Good morning/afternoon to all!
Lady El, did you know that our beloved pets can develop diabetes!? Drinking or hovering over the water bowl is a clue. You may want to check on the web. Hope all is well with your pet.
Peace.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#21000 Jan 2, 2013
Quinn, maybe we should bump travel time to 90 minutes! We are good to go.
Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee are all in reach.
More planning...
Maybe a weekend jaunt.
Enjoy your day.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#21001 Jan 2, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning/afternoon to all!
Lady El, did you know that our beloved pets can develop diabetes!? Drinking or hovering over the water bowl is a clue. You may want to check on the web. Hope all is well with your pet.
Peace.
I lost a dog to that :(

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21002 Jan 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have surmounted that, but like I said, my animals are
my first concern. Plus the fact that I am a care-giver, or
carer as it is termed here.
The reason I sort of stick to the one thread...time is the enemy.
Tomorrow I will be taking MillyMolly to the Vets.....she needs
her claws clipping and a diagnosis on why she is hovering permanently
over her drinking water. Hoping it isn't the obvious.
Hoping that MillyMolly will be okay. Good luck tomorrow!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21003 Jan 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I could have surmounted that, but like I said, my animals are
my first concern. Plus the fact that I am a care-giver, or
carer as it is termed here.
The reason I sort of stick to the one thread...time is the enemy.
Tomorrow I will be taking MillyMolly to the Vets.....she needs
her claws clipping and a diagnosis on why she is hovering permanently
over her drinking water. Hoping it isn't the obvious.
Has she lost weight? Overly lethargic? I understand the same symptoms if diabetes in human are also for felines. Going out all the time or to her box?

I think like people sometimes they just feel like drinking a lot......or in the case of my older dog, not eating breakfast all the time.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21004 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Let me recommend Lee Child. His first book in a long series is The Killing Floor. His character is Jack Reacher :)
I will check it out thank you. When you recommended the movie, I didn't know if Jack was a real person or character so I googled. Looks interesting. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Chimney1 121,047
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 149,085
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 27 min Captn Morgan 6,841
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 37 min mrbill3 40,429
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 49 min Princess Hey 77,373
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 55 min Princess Hey 54,841
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 22,239
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 7 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 8 hr -CatCiao- 410

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE