Grace Nerissa

France

#20823 Dec 31, 2012
Still ensconced in the heart of rural France..
Having a dreamy time, late nights ..
Lazy mornings.. log fires,'mean' cuisine and great wine..
Coming by briefly -
Wanting most especially to wish 'ALL ' the great regulars in
'The Kitchen' a WONDERFUL New Year ahead.
Loads 'a love
To each .. individually..
Grace Nerissa
XxxxxX

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#20824 Dec 31, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow ... I haven't thought about cod liver oil in years!
I had to take the nasty stuff when I was a kid :)

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#20825 Dec 31, 2012
loafing

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#20826 Dec 31, 2012
Gawking

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#20827 Dec 31, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Monday Deer Luke! I had many a post or two exchanged with dear TL last night ... it was fun ... I'm sure she passed along a healthy hello on to you from me as she promised ... Wishing you and TL a very Happy New Year and may 2013 be a very blessed one for all of us ... We just know it's going to be the best ... Take care, be safe and stay sweet! FC <3 ...
Happy New Year Monday to you dear FC!! Yeah, Paula conveyed that from you as I do those to her from you

Thank you , and knowing next year is better is where it's at! And the same to you. <3

informs against BS

#20828 Dec 31, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again, Deer Luke ... Yes, that was Jason Bonham on drums, the son of the late John Bonham ... it's great to see him carry on the music legacy of John ...
Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart did a beautiful rendition of Stairway to Heaven ... The whole time during the recognition of LZ's to the Kennedy Awards Robert Plant just looked "off" ... something ... just didn't have a sparkle to him or something that I couldn't pinpoint where the other two seemed to be having fun ... at close of the Heart song he had tears in his eyes and became emotional so that it brought tears to mine ... No telling what what in his head ... I can certainly eye out body language but I cannot read minds ... I hope he's okay in his heart ... I pray for him anyway!...
Buddy Guy's dedication rocked ... I loved it ... well, it's no secret I LOVE the blues ... Tracy Chapman really surprised me, well, no not really as she is very talented ... but nobody does it better than Bonnie ... Enjoy your day, Luke ... Luvs ya, FC <3 ...
TRACY CHAPMAN ~ HOUND DOG ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SG_2yk037N8XX
love the harmonica ... is that Kim Wilson from the Fabulouse Thunderbirds?????...
BONNIE RAITT ~ SWEET HOME CHICAGO ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Gotta love that smile on Buddy Guy ... now I got a big ole Texas smile ...
:) just a Hoosier smile here. Buddy Guy's honor segment was special as well, I agree. Was entertained by Dave Letteman's one, but I missed those for Dustin Hoffman and that ballerina unfortunately.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#20829 Dec 31, 2012
El......HELL YEAH..Slather sooooome REAL Butter..on my Banana Bread slice...and hit me with a cup oh Hazelnut Coffee... let's ROCK..the NEW YEAR 2013 in with Grace N...WHERE THE FREAK is she ????

informs against BS

#20830 Dec 31, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Still ensconced in the heart of rural France..
Having a dreamy time, late nights ..
Lazy mornings.. log fires,'mean' cuisine and great wine..
Coming by briefly -
Wanting most especially to wish 'ALL ' the great regulars in
'The Kitchen' a WONDERFUL New Year ahead.
Loads 'a love
To each .. individually..
Grace Nerissa
XxxxxX
WELL! Enjoy the rest of your French holiday, Grace ... and Happy and Wonderful New Year to you!

informs against BS

#20831 Dec 31, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I had to take the nasty stuff when I was a kid :)
Me too ... and conjures the cartoon of the face with x's for eyes and tongue out because of the taste.

informs against BS

#20832 Dec 31, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
El......HELL YEAH..Slather sooooome REAL Butter..on my Banana Bread slice...and hit me with a cup oh Hazelnut Coffee... let's ROCK..the NEW YEAR 2013 in with Grace N...WHERE THE FREAK is she ????
post #20823, but you've probably read it by now.

Happy New Year, CC!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20833 Dec 31, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>It would only be a fool who would think you are stupid. I think lots of people just don't understand the best way to communicate with you and they wind up doing something that is insulting. You are one of my favorite posters Mighty Quinn
Too kind of you to say Denny....and the feeling is mutual. Happy new year to you & Mrs Denny.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20834 Dec 31, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Oh very good, and surely it should be so, and definitely is a "must" about ill-addressed or un-addressed mental health issues among the populace toward acting on those issues. My allusion to the family holiday feast table was allegorical and figurative. At those times for close relatives and friends together at the dinner table, there is a finite setting and time for participating or listening to informed ( or not) exchanges of ideology, particularly entrenched ones, between cousin Terry, Aunt Frieda, and dad -- and the gang; OR, possibly Uncle Fred will reveal explicit details (unless tactfully thwarted by spouse or offspring) about his colonoscopy, or about graphic procedures and bodily functions relating to post-operative major surgery.
My counterpoint is this:
That is not exactly the environment here. Topical events ought to be recognized and discussed, I agree. But who among us is the arbiter of how many qualifies to continually counter-discuss another's ideology or demagoguery? "Free reign" you think; "the more the parrier", as it were?
First post about the Sandy Hook school tragedy. Because of no expression of empathy and compassion, I did
parry the gun show comment (since I've seen it before) with gun show until I self-moderated out of respect for the thread and Pretty Feet's posts from her circumstances.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
I strive to moderate myself, although certainly do counter some posts I feel compelled to. Any inkling on the factor of exponential growth in the number of posts to fill thread pages in "debating" perfidious snake-oil dogma by the addition of each poster who is compelled to actively and persistently participate in same? A recent visitor here (not posting on weekends to my knowledge) may or may not return, but hinted at his inclination to counter ideology with *some* persistence. How many other partisans (either) will be attracted?
Who among us (besides the moderators -- and ourselves) is the arbiter of how thread-newbies should post? I don't invoke the idioms of "idiot" or " 'tard", etc, but many do from "brain-laziness", personality and inclination. For me, not posting is the better option than that.
To that end, "the more the parrier" will result in oh so similarity to quite a few threads and a point where long-time thread regulars will think or express: "whoa, what the hell happened here?" , some will quit participating, and some likely lacking in self-accountability.

Thread food for thought.
Makes sense.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#20835 Dec 31, 2012
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Just stopping by the kitchen for a moment...
I wanted to wish You a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
@}-'--,---

Wishing the same to all the Good Folks Who visit El's kitchen....
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20836 Dec 31, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Since it is New Year's Day in much of the world right now -- on the morning news programs, the New Zealand celebration was shown -- Happy New Year to you and yours, Quinny!
That happened in 1999-2000......I had my implant surgery on the 30th only to wake up in the hospital on the 31st to see all of the fireworks.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20837 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
blowing
snowing

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20838 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
Towing
crowing

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20839 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
skipping
tripping

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20840 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
Sawing
gnawing

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20841 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
Steaming
screaming..........

because I burned my hand steaming the fish !

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20842 Dec 31, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
Jumping
thumping

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Judy 123 6,613
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 6 min Go Blue Forever 153
A six word game (Dec '08) 7 min Judy 123 17,967
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min dirtclod 127,574
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 17 min whatimeisit 7,343
Words Of Wisdom (Mar '09) 21 min Bree_Z 21
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 30 min Judy 123 40,588
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 43 min I am not a Bimbo 8,043
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 151,080
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr Mega Monster 23,980