Baseball is a funny game!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#143 Oct 27, 2013
Jeez, typo, again? really?... final score 5-4 ...

okay, gotta go watch pre-show and then game time ...

Bucholz on the mound for BOS
Lynn on the mound for STL ...

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#144 Oct 27, 2013
How about that ending tonight?

:(
kentucky

Paducah, KY

#145 Oct 27, 2013
Go Braves!!
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#146 Oct 28, 2013
It sure is, but it's fun to watch...

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#147 Oct 28, 2013
Another bizarre ending to a World Series Game...It must getting close to Halloween because it is just spooky and weird how these games are being played out

Game #1 Cards,uncharacteristically, make a bushel of errors,charged and uncharged,looking like the 2nd coming of the Bad News Bears and give the Red Sox the game..Red Sox Win

Game#2...Sox return the favor in the 7th inning looking like a little league team throwing the ball to third base...Cards Win

Games#3...Will be immortalized as the "Obstruction" Game...Cards win

Game #4...What the heck was Kolten Wong thinking in the bottom of the 9th with Betran up and managing to get picked off 1st base?.. Red Sox
win..

Now on to pivotal Game #5...What more crazy and ludicrous events can possibly occur to top what we have seen so far? Stay tuned..

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#148 Oct 30, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
Another bizarre ending to a World Series Game...It must getting close to Halloween because it is just spooky and weird how these games are being played out
Game #1 Cards,uncharacteristically, make a bushel of errors,charged and uncharged,looking like the 2nd coming of the Bad News Bears and give the Red Sox the game..Red Sox Win
Game#2...Sox return the favor in the 7th inning looking like a little league team throwing the ball to third base...Cards Win
Games#3...Will be immortalized as the "Obstruction" Game...Cards win
Game #4...What the heck was Kolten Wong thinking in the bottom of the 9th with Betran up and managing to get picked off 1st base?.. Red Sox
win..
Now on to pivotal Game #5...What more crazy and ludicrous events can possibly occur to top what we have seen so far? Stay tuned..
Yep, this Series is one for the record books. Not one previous WS has ended on an obstruction call (the right call and not a controverial call IMO), nor a pick-off (which balances Wong's great play on a grounder late-inning of Game 4 having just been inserted in the game at 2nd base).

Game 5 was a doozy, not having the sloppy play/base-running of the previous games, except what I thought was a 'mental mistake' on Metheny's part in not going to relief after Wainwright starting messing with his delivery rhythm facing Ortiz (7th?). I think Wainwright was in the game about 2 batters (or 3) too long. I mean, it WAS the last game of the home stand before going back to Boston!

Somebody else has more of a 2nd-guessing list:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-cardina...

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#149 Oct 30, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, this Series is one for the record books. Not one previous WS has ended on an obstruction call (the right call and not a controverial call IMO), nor a pick-off (which balances Wong's great play on a grounder late-inning of Game 4 having just been inserted in the game at 2nd base).
Game 5 was a doozy, not having the sloppy play/base-running of the previous games, except what I thought was a 'mental mistake' on Metheny's part in not going to relief after Wainwright starting messing with his delivery rhythm facing Ortiz (7th?). I think Wainwright was in the game about 2 batters (or 3) too long. I mean, it WAS the last game of the home stand before going back to Boston!
Somebody else has more of a 2nd-guessing list:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-cardina...
I believe that Metheny made a mistake right in the 1st inning of game #5 by letting Ortiz hit with first base open. You simply can not let Ortiz hit with men on base...period... till the World Series is over!!

Game 6 is going to played in very cold conditions...maybe only 40 F at the start of the game and dropping...Pitchers will have a hard time gripping the baseball to throw breaking balls. I believe we will see more base runners and potentially more runs tonight because of control and locations issues.

We shall see...

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#150 Oct 30, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Metheny made a mistake right in the 1st inning of game #5 by letting Ortiz hit with first base open. You simply can not let Ortiz hit with men on base...period... till the World Series is over!!
Game 6 is going to played in very cold conditions...maybe only 40 F at the start of the game and dropping...Pitchers will have a hard time gripping the baseball to throw breaking balls. I believe we will see more base runners and potentially more runs tonight because of control and locations issues.
We shall see...
I forgot about that 1st inning at-bat. You're right.

And the cold too ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#151 Oct 30, 2013
ms_Sweeter wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't care how it ended as long as the Cardinals Won....
:)
Game 6 in Boston tonight ms_Sweeter ... GO STL ... That was an awesome interview with Pedroia, though!

Wacha on the mound for STL ...
Herald on the mound for BOS ...

Please stand and take off your hats for the National Anthem ... what's with the sideshow? LOL ...

Getting ready for game time ... catch ya at the 7th inning stretch ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#152 Oct 30, 2013
Lackey on the mound for BOS ...

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#153 Oct 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Game 6 in Boston tonight ms_Sweeter ... GO STL ... That was an awesome interview with Pedroia, though!
Wacha on the mound for STL ...
Herald on the mound for BOS ...
Please stand and take off your hats for the National Anthem ... what's with the sideshow? LOL ...
Getting ready for game time ... catch ya at the 7th inning stretch ...
Go Cards Go Cards Go Go Go Cards..... LOL... I'm going to pout if they don't win ;) LMAO....

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#154 Oct 30, 2013
LETS GO ST. LOUIS!!!!!

LETS GO CARDS!!!!

((((( SCREAMING IN MY CHEERLEADING VOICE )))))

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#155 Oct 30, 2013
ms_Sweeter wrote:
LETS GO ST. LOUIS!!!!!
LETS GO CARDS!!!!
((((( SCREAMING IN MY CHEERLEADING VOICE )))))
Not in the cards tonight ms Sweeter .. maybe next year for the Rangers or for your team ... congrats to Boston ... Goodnight ...

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156 Oct 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the cards tonight ms Sweeter .. maybe next year for the Rangers or for your team ... congrats to Boston ... Goodnight ...
Nope ((pouting))... Oh well, Congrats to the Sox......

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#157 Oct 31, 2013
Congrats to BoSox, fans, and knowing folk predicting a WS win for them!

Both teams bringing 97 regular season wins to post-season, but clearly the Sox were best in this Series.

Another historic feat ... a game 4 win at home; the first since Babe Ruth was on their side.

The celebration was the only thing I missed by not staying up for the end (as with all these prime time games).

Starting these games no later than 7:30 Eastern time would be great ... for me.

Season's end ... but for hot stove leagues!

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#158 Oct 31, 2013
^^^ oops, I meant the 4th clinching win at the home park.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#159 Oct 31, 2013
And now, she goes into Baseball withdrawals ... stick an IV into me, lol ... Long time til March, pre-season and 162 games ...

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#160 Oct 31, 2013
A very interesting World Series...but if I feel there were two(2) factors which decided the Series for the Red Sox..

1) David Freese, the hero of the 2011 World Series, was positively horrible in this World Series

2) Carlos Beltran's and Allen Craig's injuries....two vital cogs in the offense that were never close to 100% physically.

The Good News Cardinal fans is that you have a bushel full of GREAT young arms...and with the possible return of Chris Carpenter and the hopeful full recovery return your closer Jason Motte...you are well situated to make repeated runs to the World Series for many years to come!!
B-long

Eureka, MO

#161 Oct 31, 2013
avon5735 wrote:
A very interesting World Series...but if I feel there were two(2) factors which decided the Series for the Red Sox..
1) David Freese, the hero of the 2011 World Series, was positively horrible in this World Series
2) Carlos Beltran's and Allen Craig's injuries....two vital cogs in the offense that were never close to 100% physically.
The Good News Cardinal fans is that you have a bushel full of GREAT young arms...and with the possible return of Chris Carpenter and the hopeful full recovery return your closer Jason Motte...you are well situated to make repeated runs to the World Series for many years to come!!
I tip my cap to your Sox. The Cardinals were clearly outpitched, outhit and outmanaged as well.
I just couldn't fathom why they would even give David Ortiz anything to hit, especially after he had 2, and nearly 3 home runs in the first 2 games. The guy was literally on fire.
Cardinals have to address some needs in the off season. Gotta have a shortstop that can HIT as well as field. Need a possible replacement for Jon Jay in centerfield and another bat on the bench.
David Freese is most likely history. Already the sports talk is about putting Matt Carpenter at 3rd, and Kolten Wong will get the shot at being a regular second baseman.
Have to give up some of the young pitching, and maybe some minor league prospects to do these things, but at least their farm system has plenty of available talent.
Really hoped that Beltran would get that World Series ring as a Cardinal, because I don't think he's in their plans for the future. I sure hope they can find a contract that will keep him for another year or maybe 2.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#162 Nov 1, 2013
"beard power" mania is over now, or is it?! This month is "No Shave November" for prostate cancer awareness.

Baseball is a funny game. I suppose A-rod is a special kind of 'funny':

http://www.csnbayarea.com/athletics/rod-accus...

Oh, and Lance Armstrong??!! Pfffttttt ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_pigeon...

who knew?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Proud To Be Trina 140,810
The Gettsburg Address 3 min Sublime1 90
The Yes/No Game (May '11) 6 min Proud To Be Trina 7,966
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min An observation 41,429
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 9 min Proud To Be Trina 8,675
ISISí slick recruitment propaganda. 12 min justaguess 2
TRUMP, Donald 14 min justaguess 26
Child Sex Offenders 28 min honeymylove 44
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min I Am No One_ 165,444
News Internet horrified by photo of giant 'Texas Red... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
More from around the web