Comments
1 - 20 of 159 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Before the Great Battles of NFL 2013 when they mean something commence, the Fall Classic approaches week-by-week.

Let's honor the National Past-time. I remember well the Garret Morris character on SNL:
"Beisbol been bery, bery good to me!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_Saturd...

Some years ago on NBC, Bob Costas used to do 'Characters of the Game'. Let's honor the National Past-time with baseball's oddities, characters, spoofs, Bob Uecker jokes, stories of watching games with your kin or friends, or ?.

1 strike and "yer out":
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-...

playing your dads as celebration when the opponent forfeits:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

was mlb fan wrote:
sure why not how many banned today?
Like 10 - plus 2 minor league players.

Bud don't like getting punked - Bud's rich and has beddy many lawyers.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

was mlb fan wrote:
sure why not how many banned today?
Drugs are banned. Top Mod Selig didn't ban anyone, but suspended them.

12 players @ 50 games each. These guys and Players Assn. accepting and they will be eligible for this post-season.

A-Rod gets 211 games suspension through 2014 season, effective Thursday (appeal pending). He could be in tonight's Yankee line-up.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Moonlight Graham wrote:
ôRay. People will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "It's only $20 per person". They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again. Oh...people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.ö
Two thumbs up!

'When you come to a fork in the road, take it!': Yogi Berra

Level 4

Since: Dec 09

Buffalo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Fall to me means preseason hockey.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

"Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic. "
Out of the Park

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Deer Whisperer wrote:
"Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic. "
Actually, they should get rid of keeping score. Might hurt someone's feelings if they feel like they're losing. Now THAT'S "Democratic" (PC-BS).
boring

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

baseball is boring to watch. cant wait for football.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 5, 2013
 
I LOVE Baseball... NO ONE gets Hurt...like in Football..

And the Hot Dogs taste better...

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Colorado Chick wrote:
I LOVE Baseball... NO ONE gets Hurt...like in Football..
And the Hot Dogs taste better...
Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and ....:)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Colorado Chick wrote:
And the Hot Dogs taste better...
Off topic!!! Off topic!!!

“The eyes of Texas”

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Are upon you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 7, 2013
 
Big Red Smokey's and Dodger Dogs, yummy.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buffalo boy wrote:
Fall to me means preseason hockey.
High five brother!!!

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

And the fans can be the funny part of the game!

"Guns" meet their match versus water bottle:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/video-bra...

“Gone Fishin', bye!”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......┬┐.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Baseball is a fun game right now if you're a Tiger fan, even tho we did lose Johnny Peralta (ss) for 50 games.
I agree with Buffalo Boy, ready for some Red Wing hockey

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 12, 2013
 
YA wouldn't say that PUNK..If ya GOT Hit upside your HEAD with a FOUL BALL!!

Have RESPECT for the GAME!!!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The few times I've gone to a pro football game, everyone was griping, cussing, and mad at someone or something the entire game.

At every baseball game, people are chatting with the folks around them, laughing, talking pictures, hamming it up for the 'kiss cam' or the 'dance cam'. When the can catch a ball, they get to keep it. It's a fraction of the cost per ticket, a pleasant and helpful usher shows you to your seat and wipes it clean. They don't have cops or burly security guys standing around scowling and barking orders.

Baseball is essentially continuous action. Football is 'stand around for 40 seconds, line up, run a play that takes all of 10 seconds, and repeat.'

Why is football (allegedly) so popular?

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 13, 2013
 
Uh Clem wrote:
The few times I've gone to a pro football game, everyone was griping, cussing, and mad at someone or something the entire game.
At every baseball game, people are chatting with the folks around them, laughing, talking pictures, hamming it up for the 'kiss cam' or the 'dance cam'. When the can catch a ball, they get to keep it. It's a fraction of the cost per ticket, a pleasant and helpful usher shows you to your seat and wipes it clean. They don't have cops or burly security guys standing around scowling and barking orders.
Baseball is essentially continuous action. Football is 'stand around for 40 seconds, line up, run a play that takes all of 10 seconds, and repeat.'
Why is football (allegedly) so popular?
In the first year of Victory Field, I took my younger two daughters to see the Indians (they are Indy's AAA baseball team, folks) about this time of year -- their last days of a minor league season. Back then, no 'kiss cam' nor 'dance cam' was used (have no clue if they have them now at Victory Field), but there was the entertainment between inning halves/innings -- music, mascot, hired dancer(s)'YMCA' was the rage, and a couple of contests including a raffle. All of that was what the kids enjoyed most. And as you noted, the entertainment "of the crowd". They did enjoy that the most, while I took in all in.

Very reasonable price for sports and entertainment then, and probably now.

But they got 'busy' with their own athletics and social lives, and had lack of interest to go back.

As seen on human interest segments of news programs and documentary/independent films, minor league baseball at any level strives for the extra entertainment for filling the seats consistently to remain afloat.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 13, 2013
 
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first year of Victory Field, I took my younger two daughters to see the Indians (they are Indy's AAA baseball team, folks) about this time of year -- their last days of a minor league season. Back then, no 'kiss cam' nor 'dance cam' was used (have no clue if they have them now at Victory Field), but there was the entertainment between inning halves/innings -- music, mascot, hired dancer(s)'YMCA' was the rage, and a couple of contests including a raffle. All of that was what the kids enjoyed most. And as you noted, the entertainment "of the crowd". They did enjoy that the most, while I took in all in.
Very reasonable price for sports and entertainment then, and probably now.
But they got 'busy' with their own athletics and social lives, and had lack of interest to go back.
As seen on human interest segments of news programs and documentary/independent films, minor league baseball at any level strives for the extra entertainment for filling the seats consistently to remain afloat.
much like arena football with the entertainment in between ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I guess it's no secret how I feel about baseball ... Brewers @ Rangers on FOX Sports SW now, 1st inning ... Rangers looking for their 9th straight win ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••