Next Last

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#21 Mar 6, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
my daughter has it too. she had to have a foot of her colon removed, and while she is doing pretty good now, if or when it acts up again she was told she could face this in the future.
the thought of that possible future for her, frightens and pains me but -
this post of urs, gives me hope that my own childs situation will do just as well, so thanks for that..
:)
When Lloyd was first diagnosed, we almost lost him because of the damage in his colon. He pulled through that and got stronger. He lives a normal life now and it's been 6 years or so. He's in his 40's! If he can do it, so can she! HUGS to you!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#22 Mar 6, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
When Lloyd was first diagnosed, we almost lost him because of the damage in his colon. He pulled through that and got stronger. He lives a normal life now and it's been 6 years or so. He's in his 40's! If he can do it, so can she! HUGS to you!
hopefully it never gets to that point.
she had been trying to get pregnant with her second kid and it wasnt happening, doctor kept telling her she needed to have the bad part taken out, but she kept worrying since her GYN doc said its better to wait for that operation until after she had another child, he claimed it "could" make it harder for her to concieve. long story short, she couldnt wait, she was in way to much pain and with lots of nagging from me and hubby we convinced her to do it. anyway, turns out she had twins! lol
seems like she was rewarded for her troubles..

well, not Always - but its still pretty cool and wonderful. LOL

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23 Mar 6, 2013
Ed - the Whiner wrote:
Hi there ,
As you all know ?? getting on a site like this allows the poster to vent and provoke comment , especially from people who are personally involved . Well when I posted first I wasn't in the best of moods . Actually I just came back from a long trip to the US - maybe I was a bit grumpy with this gloomy weather .
Having the baggie is a huge pain in the ( new ) ass , as well as the old one . If things go well with all the procedures and your body cooperates . While in the US I had a great time , swam in the ocean , Atlantic and Pacific , flew multiple times across the US . I wore swim trunks which showed part of my appendage . I got some nods from those who got it and other looks to be forgotten !! Either way I forgot about the thing and had a good time . It is not the end of the world - except possibly in the area of intimacy , this presents a problem - as my , now former , GF finally pointed out to me and that was that , so I might have been a bit pissed off .
Your daughter will be just fine - just remember , if she is pissed off once in a while try to remember that a permanent Ostomy is a difficult thing to deal with since nobody will even admit they have one and YOU may be her only port of call - Please show compassion and not the usual " just get on with it " It can cause depression that you and friends will never see unless you ask honest questions without implying that the person is just a weakling .When you hear those funny noises( you know) have a laugh , don't hide !!!
It's great to read all this stuff , thanks for the kick in the ass !!! now I can get on the search for the new GF .
u know, when i first read ur first post, i really thought this was a joke, somebody just clowning around looking for a laugh. or wanting to tell the world how Big he was. lol
anyway, i would never had been a wiseguy had i known u were serious. what can i say, im a big mouth. lol

welcome to Offbeat - a place where we're all a lil bit odd...
lol
EDagain

Sligo, Ireland

#24 Mar 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
u know, when i first read ur first post, i really thought this was a joke, somebody just clowning around looking for a laugh. or wanting to tell the world how Big he was. lol
anyway, i would never had been a wiseguy had i known u were serious. what can i say, im a big mouth. lol
welcome to Offbeat - a place where we're all a lil bit odd...
lol
Thanks for the support . Generally if I mention this I would get rude ,ignorant remarks . If I appeared to be bragging aor overblowing my self-worth I guess I was just trying to feel good about myself when I was actually sitting alone feeling pretty sorry for myself . This topic cannot be discussed in normal everyday conversation and on the NET it costs nothing to be polite or compassionate when it comes up . I'm glad you can see that I am indeed real and just needed to vent about the fact that I am still worth something !!!even if somepeople have an alternative opinion . I was trying to convince myself that I still have the need and desire to try again with a woman . I'm NOT treating this as a dating site , just , as you say , as a site for any and all offbeat topics and so far I love it . I have it Bookmarked .
PS : If you have or know someone who needs support , advice , help , or free supplies( sometimes ) try " OSTOMYLAND " fantastic site .
allison

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Mar 7, 2013
ED stands for "erectile dysfunction".
So.... Ireland Ed has serious crank issues. Poor ol' dude!
Functional Eddie

Ireland

#26 Mar 9, 2013
allison wrote:
ED stands for "erectile dysfunction".
So.... Ireland Ed has serious crank issues. Poor ol' dude!
Get some better ones Allison
SOOOO sad , the people wasting such a useful resource to demonstrate their ignorance and , I must say , terrible sense of humour . But as the Horse said to the Zebra " Get those pyjamas off and I'll show you how I function " .

Ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 5 min wichita-rick 2,923
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 6 min Crazy Beautiful 102
last word - first (Jun '12) 8 min Crazy Jae 7,742
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 10 min Crazy Jae 12,467
News Duke professor: Blacks riot because they're laz... 11 min lomaxx 209
what is something your proud of? 12 min Crazy Jae 28
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Wolftracks 162,713
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min Papa Smurfaletto 11,349
Things that make life eaiser... 29 min Crazy Jae 572
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr harleyhoney 754