Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

K. Again wrong word...but ok. Kinda like how u looked up the wrong word when you defined possession instead of possess.
Bless your heart

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Lylah wrote:
K. Again wrong word...but ok. Kinda like how u looked up the wrong word when you defined possession instead of possess.
Bless your heart
Do you ever listen to yourself? Or is that too much work for the mouse and the wheel?

"Focusing on one word is not a debate."

“what ever!! ”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

By gosh I think he got it!,)
rockstar

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I carry everyday and have a safe with 40+ guns in it. Free men owns guns slaves do not. Only cowards and criminals are for gun control.

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

yes

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

rockstar wrote:
I carry everyday and have a safe with 40+ guns in it. Free men owns guns slaves do not. Only cowards and criminals are for gun control.
Amen!

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

question ? those here who choose to not own or carry why not ? tell the truth give your own real personal reason for not wanting to train and protect you and yours if necessary .

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Before you pose a question, it is important to have a concept of what is unclear about the information in your head, otherwise you risk creating confusion and not getting an answer that satisfies what you seek to know.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Big Time wrote:
Before you pose a question, it is important to have a concept of what is unclear about the information in your head, otherwise you risk creating confusion and not getting an answer that satisfies what you seek to know.
no confusion because i already know their answers as i have been hearing their sad excuses for not owning or protecting them selves and family for over 60 years . and yes a couple have died while waiting on the law enforcement folks to show up how sad .

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks. For example, "Why are you so stupid?" is likely to be a statement regarding one's opinion of the person addressed rather than a genuine request to know. Similarly, when someone responds to a tragic event by saying, "Why me, God?!" it is more likely to be an accusation or an expression of feeling than a realistic request for information.

Apart from these more obviously rhetorical uses, the question as a grammatical form has important rhetorical dimensions. For example, the rhetorical critic may assess the effect of asking a question as a method of beginning discourse: "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" says the persona of Shakespeare's 18th sonnet. This kind of rhetorical question, in which one asks the opinion of those listening, is called anacoenosis. This rhetorical question has a definite ethical dimension, since to ask in this way generally endears the speaker to the audience and so improves his or her credibility or ethos. The technical term for rhetorical questions in general is erotema.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Big Time wrote:
The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks. For example, "Why are you so stupid?" is likely to be a statement regarding one's opinion of the person addressed rather than a genuine request to know. Similarly, when someone responds to a tragic event by saying, "Why me, God?!" it is more likely to be an accusation or an expression of feeling than a realistic request for information.
Apart from these more obviously rhetorical uses, the question as a grammatical form has important rhetorical dimensions. For example, the rhetorical critic may assess the effect of asking a question as a method of beginning discourse: "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" says the persona of Shakespeare's 18th sonnet. This kind of rhetorical question, in which one asks the opinion of those listening, is called anacoenosis. This rhetorical question has a definite ethical dimension, since to ask in this way generally endears the speaker to the audience and so improves his or her credibility or ethos. The technical term for rhetorical questions in general is erotema.
WTF?

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Sweet Maxine wrote:
<quoted text>

WTF?

Good example of the rhetorical question , thanks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Good example of the rhetorical question , thanks
Well, aren't you just something special?

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Sweet Maxine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, aren't you just something special?

A nother good example,

The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks.

For example, "Why are you so stupid?"

Edited the full text cause it's getting,

New word,...

reĚdunĚdant

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I hate when people repeat themselves. I can't help it When people repeat themselves, I hate it.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

WHY???

Ya wanna Clean it????

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
on these page at times one never knows if a person is serious or having fun . which is why i come here is to enjoy life and have a little fun .

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

i have been hearing their sad excuses for not owning or protecting them selves and family for over 60 years,

Funny Thing happened on the way to your Funeral,....just Joking

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago, we developed our own games and "playing outside" was the norm. Not a lot of kids nowadays actually want to play outside. Most get their first gun experience in video games - and that is downright scary, IMHO.
I hear you, it's scary.
milwaukee69 wrote:
I always considered myself comfortable around guns - that was up until the time I entered the service. I was taught that your gun is an extension of yourself - hence sleeping with your gun. Heck, I know some brave war veterans that I wouldn't be caught within 15 miles if they were armed
Agree with that also. In two instances I can think of.... I have a friend of the family's who came home from Vietnam, and who suffered from PTSD. He slept not in his bed on his return, but on the floor for a long while, with a loaded rifle close by. Needless to say his family was worried, but as time went by.. he overcame it. I'm fairly positive he doesn't own a firearm to this day. It's been a while since I've talked to him, and his stance may have changed since then. In truth, he's one of the wisest and most seemingly gentle people that I've probably ever met. But with his particular condition, although he seems to have the problem licked, it may be best if he doesn't own a firearm.
And I also have a family member who served in Iraq... whom I'm amazed they even let hold a loaded firearm in the military.I have my own personal reasons for thinking that...and his actions after he became a civilian again, hasn't changed my opinion.
milwaukee69 wrote:
Teaching gun safety is only the tip of the iceberg. And beyond that, using a gun for hunting game and using one to only protect yourself are two entirely different situations. Shooting and actually killing another human being - regardless of what circumstance it may be - affects you for your entire life. Just ask someone that has - they will tell you the same thing.
True, and I personally hope that me or my immediate family will EVER have to use a gun in self defense. But I do feel somewhat safer having that option, especially where my wife and kid are concerned.... when I'm not home. As we know, criminals don't acknowledge laws.
milwaukee69 wrote:
But as you said - to each their own.
BTW - I am a gun owner; however, I decide not to carry one since I have not reached that level of paranoia yet.
To tell you the truth, I don't carry either. But If I perhaps lived in a large city, I well may. I've not felt the need either, but doesn't mean that I consider those that do.. paranoid in any way.I have a couple of highly publicized instances in mind, where just one concealed carry permit owner... could have well saved many lives. Just saying that armed nutjobs probably find defenseless people more appealing that armed people. They probably want as many victims as they can get in a short time span. The cowards never seem to attack a police station for some odd reason,just for an example.
Even though I don't own a concealed carry permit... I suppose I'm of the opinion that if more responsible adults did carry,and they were at the right place and at the right time, then some of this highly publicized mass murdering would probably have been cut short.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
i have been hearing their sad excuses for not owning or protecting them selves and family for over 60 years,
Funny Thing happened on the way to your Funeral,....just Joking
I suppose it's everybody's choice BT. But it would seem to be wisest to me, to be prepared for all worst case scenarios.

Such as criminals who wish to obtain what they want, by any means necessary. I suppose "in the everything is all rainbows and sunshine world" ... if there were an all out ban on guns, the criminals would also be forced to go unarmed just like law abiding citizens. But most of us already know, it just doesn't work that way.

So I prefer to keep my right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 741 - 760 of778
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

257 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min No Scruples 24,927
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 6 min Earthballs 561
last word - first (Jun '12) 6 min honeymylove 6,661
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Chug A Lug 15,585
\#/* - - - Last "2" Letters - - - *\#/ (Nov '12) 8 min Hi QQ 1,007
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 8 min Remove Bra 16,433
I'm tired of it... 9 min buck 39
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 16 min Harrison Freebird 274
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Tom2Tone 131,667