Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#752 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
So I can own a gun that's registered to someone else?
Really?
You can register a car that's titled to someone else.

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#753 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me get this straight...bare with me while I wipe away the tears...
I steal your car.
I'm in possession of your car.
I now own your car.
Seems legit.
LMAO!

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Location hidden

#754 Jul 18, 2013
Wonder which personality carries the permit in Pie's family of profiles/socks? Now that's scary!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#755 Jul 18, 2013
Splitting hairs again. If u give someone a gun/its not stolen so yes you would possess it or own it.
Both stolen and car are way off topic. No one has even mentioned stolen of course that is a whole other discussion. But to split hairs just for u!!:). The guy that stole my tv possess it. It hangs on his wall for him to watch. Kinda like he owns it now huh??

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#756 Jul 18, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the first things I did when I moved here was call the Police Dept. and ask how to register my gun. They kind of laughed and said, "we don't register our guns here"!(that was 20 years ago) Two years ago, my dad gave me my moms "registered in Los Angeles", gun and again I called and asked because it was a two party "gun", they said the same thing. I don't know about the rest of the States but here in AZ, we don't have to register and it's a "right to carry" State!
So how does Arizona trace stolen firearms?

Level 1

Location hidden

#757 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me get this straight...bare with me while I wipe away the tears...
I steal your car.
I'm in possession of your car.
I now own your car.
Seems legit.
Bare with you? That's a disgusting thought.

Level 1

Location hidden

#758 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way Chicago and New York do-which is not at all. Arizona is just more honest about it.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#759 Jul 18, 2013
Tim Burr wrote:
<quoted text>You can register a car that's titled to someone else.
Actually, that's a little lacking in detail.

You must take the pink slip and registration to the department of motor vehicles. Both you and the current owner have to be in attendance. The person to be added must bring proper identification. Registering a vehicle that is not titled in your name does not indicate ownership - the name on the title is the owner.

But, staying on topic - if I took your gun, used it to shoot you and then gave it back, would that be considered suicide?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#760 Jul 18, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Splitting hairs again. If u give someone a gun/its not stolen so yes you would possess it or own it.
Both stolen and car are way off topic. No one has even mentioned stolen of course that is a whole other discussion. But to split hairs just for u!!:). The guy that stole my tv possess it. It hangs on his wall for him to watch. Kinda like he owns it now huh??
"Yes if you possess it by defination you own it!"

But that's not what you said, was it?

Possession - Something that someone possesses, but to which he does not necessarily have private property rights.

Sorry, Webster's doesn't agree with you. Maybe PM them and tell them to STFU?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#761 Jul 18, 2013
Tim Burr wrote:
<quoted text>The same way Chicago and New York do-which is not at all. Arizona is just more honest about it.
Not too sure about your analogy.

Chicago has a ban on all firearms.

Arizona does not.

It was a simple question - one I take it you're not qualified to answer.

Level 1

Location hidden

#762 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's a little lacking in detail.
You must take the pink slip and registration to the department of motor vehicles. Both you and the current owner have to be in attendance. The person to be added must bring proper identification. Registering a vehicle that is not titled in your name does not indicate ownership - the name on the title is the owner.
But, staying on topic - if I took your gun, used it to shoot you and then gave it back, would that be considered suicide?
When you finance a car, the bank has title to the car until you pay it off. The bank doesn't send someone in with you when you get the car registered.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#763 Jul 18, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
Wonder which personality carries the permit in Pie's family of profiles/socks? Now that's scary!
Jesus!!!

I feel like a one-legged man in a sock fighting contest!!!
York County Man

Yorktown, VA

#764 Jul 18, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
A discussion on another thread got me curious. If you own a gun (or guns as in my case) do you generally keep one within arms reach most of the time? Some of the time? Only when traveling?
I keep a revolver close by unless the granddaughters are over or I am having drinking guests - at which point, I lock it up.
DIdn't even own a gun until about 15 years ago when I beat the he!! out of a kid who stole my lady friend's truck. His brother came over the next night, threw a rock at my door. When I opened it, he fired three rounds from a sawed off 12 gauge Mossberg from about 20 feet away.
I went and bought my first gun the next day.
2 hunting, 12-guage and 1 hand gun next to Bible on night stand, 9mm. Jennings

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Location hidden

#765 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way that every state does, serial numbers. Just because we don't have to register them, we still have/get a bill of sale w/the serial number and plus as you know, it's on the gun. In CA, when I was a 911 dispatcher, I did a lot of NCIC (National Crime Information Center) I ran people, guns, auto's and most anything else by license or serial numbers.

Level 1

Location hidden

#766 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too sure about your analogy.
Chicago has a ban on all firearms.
Arizona does not.
It was a simple question - one I take it you're not qualified to answer.
The point was that judging from the amount of gun crimes those cities have, the cities obviously aren't tracking stolen firearms at all. Do you need to attend remedial analogy class to keep up with the rest of the class?
York County Man

Yorktown, VA

#768 Jul 18, 2013
Here is VA you can get a concealed permit if qualified and it is good in 31 other states.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#769 Jul 18, 2013
a : to have and hold as : OWN
b : to have as an , knowledge, or skill 2 a : to seize and take control of : take into one's possession b : to enter into and control firmly : DOMINATE <was possessed by demons> c : to bring or cause to fall under the influence, domination, or control of some emotional or intellectual response or reaction <melancholy possesses her> 3 a obsolete : to as owner b : to make the owner or holder —used in passive construction to indicate simple possession <possessed of riches> <possessed of knowledge and experience>
From Merriam Webster's online dictionary.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#770 Jul 18, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way that every state does, serial numbers. Just because we don't have to register them, we still have/get a bill of sale w/the serial number and plus as you know, it's on the gun. In CA, when I was a 911 dispatcher, I did a lot of NCIC (National Crime Information Center) I ran people, guns, auto's and most anything else by license or serial numbers.
So if you don't have to register your guns, how do they know that your guns in your "possession" aren't stolen?

It looks like they're on the right track anyways.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21555646/tu...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#772 Jul 18, 2013
Tim Burr wrote:
<quoted text>The point was that judging from the amount of gun crimes those cities have, the cities obviously aren't tracking stolen firearms at all. Do you need to attend remedial analogy class to keep up with the rest of the class?
And neither is Arizona.

As of yesterday, Chicago gun violence is on the decline. A 28% year-to-date reduction from last year - but it's not clearly enough. Btw, you can't purchase or own a gun within the city limits of Chicago. I've made this point before, speaking of analogies, but the posted speed limit is exceeded all the time. Just because it's law, doesn't mean there isn't people trying to break them.

If you knew Chicago at all, you would know you only have to drive a couple miles outside the city limits to buy a gun legally. Indiana Avenue cuts a straight line south from the Calumet Water Reclamation Plant into Riverdale, past a row of boarded-up and abandoned buildings. At 143rd Street, on the right, sits Chuck’s Gun Shop, one of the closest places to legally buy a handgun outside Chicago’s city limits.

You can own one, but only if you’ve owned it since before 1982 and you register it every year with the Chicago Police Department.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/n...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#773 Jul 18, 2013
Lylah wrote:
a : to have and hold as : OWN
b : to have as an , knowledge, or skill 2 a : to seize and take control of : take into one's possession b : to enter into and control firmly : DOMINATE <was possessed by demons> c : to bring or cause to fall under the influence, domination, or control of some emotional or intellectual response or reaction <melancholy possesses her> 3 a obsolete : to as owner b : to make the owner or holder —used in passive construction to indicate simple possession <possessed of riches> <possessed of knowledge and experience>
From Merriam Webster's online dictionary.
And yes, you are indeed possessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 133,665
Making rice paper sheets 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 19 min whatimeisit 1,201
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 25 min razz58 8,096
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 37 min Debra27 7,403
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 38 min Debra27 1,742
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 1 hr Yupp111 1,112
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr stray-cat 152,740
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 25,837
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 5 hr Joker 72